• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:57
CEST 18:57
KST 01:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7902 users

Why Fin looks like one of the best in sc2 already - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 43 Next All
LanZ
Profile Joined June 2007
35 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 11:29:12
December 09 2011 11:24 GMT
#621
He's streaming again, gogogo!

Edit: Is it just me or does he not have sounds turned on?
Go Bisu ~ JangBi !!!
FATJESUSONABIKE
Profile Joined November 2011
184 Posts
December 09 2011 11:31 GMT
#622
I'm a starcraft 2 player and have only played brood war for a limited amount of time (enough to fully understand the game anyway). I'm no brood war fan and am a great defender of sc2's -still very volatile and criticizable- scene. However, you guys should understand that the relatively recent BW scene (from 08 up to right now) is the most ridiculously skilled thing that esport's ever known. And evidence of 'current' BW players' superiority is there already : MVP and Bomber weren't even A-teamers on BW (specially not Bomber) and are mechanically way ahead of everyone, Nestea was a freaking team player and has arguably acquired the best understanding of sc2's metagame yet, etc ...

My point is : saying that ForGG, former A-teamer, who 3-0'ed Jaedong (?!), won an MSL title not so long ago and was endlessly better than MVP (most prominent example) on BW is going to win the next few GSLs is no overhype, it's quite a logical statement. I hope sc2-born players manage to prove me wrong (so that the game gains more credibility in Korea) but I'm afraid it simply won't happen. And I would argue that sc2's going to reveal itself only when top BW players switch (or homegrown talents develop, which is gonna take about 5years longer) and teach everyone what multitasking really is.

This is my opinion and my opinion only.
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
December 09 2011 12:57 GMT
#623
I assume you wanted to say not enough to fully understand the game? At least I hope so. And MVP most definitely was an a-teamer. fOrGG was way better than MVP at his peak and probably better at the time MVP switched, but endlessly is an overstatement.
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
December 09 2011 13:00 GMT
#624
Well so far, it seems like forgg's mechanics are better than MVP's. He plays the game like brood war rather than sc2. Unfortunately, I've only gotten to see MVP play once, but forgg is one of the fastest and most precise players I've ever seen play the game, and it really shed the game in a new light for me. However, MVP is MVP and his strongest aspect is his decision making and strategy, and his multitasking is also really good, and probably around the same level as forgg's.
FATJESUSONABIKE
Profile Joined November 2011
184 Posts
December 09 2011 13:03 GMT
#625
No, I really meant 'fully understand'. I did indeed exagerate though, MVP was an A-teamer, only really not amongst the best ones. as for the 'endlessly', it's called an hyperbole.

Again I'm just giving my opinion, my apologies if you find it flawed.
Mayd
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland251 Posts
December 09 2011 13:06 GMT
#626
Mvp was a A-teamer. He also was better than fOrGG when he switched.
유리 | 티파니 | 리지
Treziel
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom123 Posts
December 09 2011 13:16 GMT
#627
forgg is one of the fastest and most precise players I've ever seen


Couldn't agree more. I never watched Brood War but when you watch this guys stream don't just look at the strats he is performing, look at the sheer underlying mechanics he has - I watch alot of players streams and this guy seems to be doing stuff twice as fast as most of the top foreign pro's and even faster than some of the other really good Koreans who stream. Very impressive.
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 13:36:53
December 09 2011 13:36 GMT
#628
On December 09 2011 20:31 FATJESUSONABIKE wrote:
I'm a starcraft 2 player and have only played brood war for a limited amount of time (enough to fully understand the game anyway). I'm no brood war fan and am a great defender of sc2's -still very volatile and criticizable- scene. However, you guys should understand that the relatively recent BW scene (from 08 up to right now) is the most ridiculously skilled thing that esport's ever known. And evidence of 'current' BW players' superiority is there already : MVP and Bomber weren't even A-teamers on BW (specially not Bomber) and are mechanically way ahead of everyone, Nestea was a freaking team player and has arguably acquired the best understanding of sc2's metagame yet, etc ...

My point is : saying that ForGG, former A-teamer, who 3-0'ed Jaedong (?!), won an MSL title not so long ago and was endlessly better than MVP (most prominent example) on BW is going to win the next few GSLs is no overhype, it's quite a logical statement. I hope sc2-born players manage to prove me wrong (so that the game gains more credibility in Korea) but I'm afraid it simply won't happen. And I would argue that sc2's going to reveal itself only when top BW players switch (or homegrown talents develop, which is gonna take about 5years longer) and teach everyone what multitasking really is.

This is my opinion and my opinion only.

MVP was an A-teamer. He has improved a LOT in SC2, we can't say he wouldn't get better in BW too. Nestea is a special case IMO, he's not mechanically better than everyone but he wins because of his specifically tailored to the opponent build. And we have talent emerging directly into SC2. Look at leenock, jjakji and taeja for example. They are way too young to have played BW for long. One is a GSL champion, one is a GSL runner up, one is a very good player who I believe will still break through in the GSL.

Another point you forgot to consider: SC2 is a very young game, and the metagame changes a lot. That's why slow players still compete in a high level, their strategies work even though they are slow because we have not explored everything the game has to offer. Now, I'm not saying the top A-teamers in BW are mechanical robots who can't think; Flash for example is not very fast but still is dominant as fuck. I'm just saying that while the competition in SC2, while not as nearly as fierce in BW, is still legit. I like to think we are going in a phase in SC2 similar to what BW experienced after oov's dominance. The play is macro oriented, but there are still strategies which will revolutionize match ups.
Orome
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland11984 Posts
December 09 2011 13:47 GMT
#629
On December 09 2011 22:03 FATJESUSONABIKE wrote:
No, I really meant 'fully understand'. I did indeed exagerate though, MVP was an A-teamer, only really not amongst the best ones. as for the 'endlessly', it's called an hyperbole.

Again I'm just giving my opinion, my apologies if you find it flawed.


I followed BW for 7 years. For more than a year I watched basically every televised game. When TSL2 replay packs were released, I watched and analysed every single Idra replay (a ridiculous amount). I'm still not close to understanding BW on a high level. Like Sc2, but to a greater extent, BW's a game that you have to play at a decent level in order to appreciate its subtleties. I don't want to make a huge deal out of this, but saying you 'understand BW fully' after watching some progames is, well, very deluded.
On a purely personal note, I'd like to show Yellow the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. -Boxer
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
December 09 2011 13:47 GMT
#630
Flash isn't very fast, what? He averages like 300 APM, I'd say that only like... Jaedong is faster.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
December 09 2011 13:51 GMT
#631
On December 09 2011 22:47 Shikyo wrote:
Flash isn't very fast, what? He averages like 300 APM, I'd say that only like... Jaedong is faster.

he isnt particulary fast compared to players like Hydra
Stork[gm]
rasers
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden691 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 13:53:48
December 09 2011 13:52 GMT
#632
On December 09 2011 22:47 Shikyo wrote:
Flash isn't very fast, what? He averages like 300 APM, I'd say that only like... Jaedong is faster.

Or Hyia , Baby , Hyuk , Bisu , Hydra and more.
lisward
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Singapore959 Posts
December 09 2011 13:53 GMT
#633
Did like ogsfin change his name to ogsforgg or something because that would be totally awesome, because he's streaming under that name I think!
Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one
dmnum
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Brazil6910 Posts
December 09 2011 13:54 GMT
#634
Exactly. Flash is very fast by progaming standarts; It's his decision making that makes him a monster.
FATJESUSONABIKE
Profile Joined November 2011
184 Posts
December 09 2011 13:56 GMT
#635
"Another point you forgot to consider: SC2 is a very young game, and the metagame changes a lot. That's why slow players still compete in a high level, their strategies work even though they are slow because we have not explored everything the game has to offer."
Hence my calling sc2's scene "still volatile and criticizable".

You're quite right about the young players (specially Leenock and Jjakji -who put up an unexpectedly awesome finals-) but I still feel that because of BW being mechanically way more demanding than SC2, players that switch not long after their prime on SCBW will find SC2 easy to master and will be able to put a lot more thoughts into toying with the metagame and being better than the rest (little like son goku training with weights, lame comparison i know). They also have, again thanks to BW, amazing crisis management -which is something that seriously lacks in SC2 atm- and overall just seem to me to be advantaged in a lot of ways compared to SC2's homegrowns.

Anyway I believe one could argue both ways and still be right. Only time will tell and I honestly couldn't be more excited about SC2 following its own path.
iky43210
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2099 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 13:57:22
December 09 2011 13:56 GMT
#636
On December 09 2011 22:00 Itsmedudeman wrote:
Well so far, it seems like forgg's mechanics are better than MVP's. He plays the game like brood war rather than sc2. Unfortunately, I've only gotten to see MVP play once, but forgg is one of the fastest and most precise players I've ever seen play the game, and it really shed the game in a new light for me. However, MVP is MVP and his strongest aspect is his decision making and strategy, and his multitasking is also really good, and probably around the same level as forgg's.


No offense, I think there's something stuck on your monitor. I've been watching his stream alot today and say he's the fastest and most precise is just outright ridiculous

These hype is getting out of hand. Can't wait for the sad reality that'll crush alot of people's hope comes January.
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
December 09 2011 14:10 GMT
#637
On December 09 2011 22:56 iky43210 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 22:00 Itsmedudeman wrote:
Well so far, it seems like forgg's mechanics are better than MVP's. He plays the game like brood war rather than sc2. Unfortunately, I've only gotten to see MVP play once, but forgg is one of the fastest and most precise players I've ever seen play the game, and it really shed the game in a new light for me. However, MVP is MVP and his strongest aspect is his decision making and strategy, and his multitasking is also really good, and probably around the same level as forgg's.


No offense, I think there's something stuck on your monitor. I've been watching his stream alot today and say he's the fastest and most precise is just outright ridiculous

These hype is getting out of hand. Can't wait for the sad reality that'll crush alot of people's hope comes January.

No man, you probably missclicked a different terran's stream then.

Also found this quote LOL:

On July 17 2008 18:45 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +

forgg's timing/macro really stand out because theyre a level above the rest of his game. (or they were, its caught up recently)
flash is insanely good at everything so it doesnt seem as special with him.
Elldar
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden287 Posts
December 09 2011 14:15 GMT
#638
Watched some of ForGG's play after hearing that is was some hype about him on sotg. From the games I've seen so far he seem to have pretty good follow up attacks, to his early game pressure. He has strong timings and has clear goals in his game play, and his in-game decisions are good, and multitasking.
Will he get far next GSL? That depends, if you study his builds and timings enough you shouldn't lose to them, and I don't think his macro based play is on par with MVP or Hero. Against ForGG it seem like you should try to place safe and force macro games that is just my 2 cents.
OGKruemmel
Profile Joined March 2011
Croatia270 Posts
December 09 2011 14:28 GMT
#639
I have a question:
Everyone talks about BW pros being totally kickass, but dont we have 3 BW legends already playing, and not showing too good results? NaDa, BoxeR and July
Sadistx
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Zimbabwe5568 Posts
December 09 2011 14:33 GMT
#640
On December 09 2011 22:51 bgx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 22:47 Shikyo wrote:
Flash isn't very fast, what? He averages like 300 APM, I'd say that only like... Jaedong is faster.

he isnt particulary fast compared to players like Hydra


Have you ever seen Flash's speed in OSL? He may not be _the fastest_ in proleague, but when it comes down to huge tournaments, he has no trouble playing at 370-420 apm AVERAGE, especially when he's playing TvZ.

In either case, it's not really relevant. His speed is obviously enough for him to perform well, so what's the issue here?
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1155
SteadfastSC754
ComeBackTV 733
TaKeTV 499
IndyStarCraft 206
Rex133
EnkiAlexander 71
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 754
IndyStarCraft 206
ProTech155
Rex 133
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45328
Shuttle 689
Mini 427
Larva 398
Rush 378
BeSt 184
Hyuk 111
Dewaltoss 94
firebathero 78
Mong 64
[ Show more ]
Sexy 29
ToSsGirL 27
Trap 26
Bale 19
Rock 16
Shine 13
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc9084
qojqva1826
Counter-Strike
fl0m1278
Fnx 792
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1421
Khaldor1209
Other Games
hiko1426
FrodaN1201
DeMusliM396
XBOCT191
Livibee177
ArmadaUGS165
Beastyqt145
XaKoH 118
KnowMe116
C9.Mang092
QueenE80
Mew2King77
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH288
• poizon28 40
• StrangeGG 39
• Hinosc 25
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3935
Other Games
• Shiphtur362
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 3m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 3m
Online Event
18h 3m
FEL
23h 3m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.