• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:33
CEST 04:33
KST 11:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7300 users

Possible targets for the replicator - Page 37

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 40 Next All
RevoNinja
Profile Joined June 2011
United States59 Posts
October 29 2011 02:10 GMT
#721
im pretty sure will make it so u can replicate worekrs
or else it will be retarted death balls late game for toss
"I skipped studying for my final to watch lord if the rings. I shall not pass"
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
October 29 2011 02:12 GMT
#722
I honestly can't see replicating workers as efficient, you'd have to spend so much time and money building up from scratch with the new race to get anything nice. Unless you're going to stop at building a bunch of orbitals so you can also have mules (and I'm not sure it'll be worth it with the new arc shield and mass recall), I can't see it being useful unless you're already way ahead.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
October 29 2011 02:14 GMT
#723
Replicate anything and everything. There is little chance in my mind that this unit makes it into the game. There's just no way. If the replicant makes it into the game, you just CAN'T win with tech versus protoss. You can't do cute shit with infestor ling (because herp derp, I have infestors too!), you can't win with ghosts (Because I have EMP too!), etc. It's just too powerful to be able to essentially pidgeonhole the Terran into going MMM and the zerg going hydraroach corrupter and just having more shit. Any time you bust out some tech to do anything, he's just going to have that same tech plus a better army.

The main targets of course will be
1)SCVs/Drones
2)Infestors/Ghosts
3)Vipers, swarmhost, ravens, banshees, seigetanks, etc
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
October 29 2011 02:16 GMT
#724
I seem to remember Blizz saying at some point that they were considering making it unable to replicate workers.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
October 29 2011 02:30 GMT
#725
Now protoss just needs a shrink ray that makes a massive unit non-massive and deal less damage.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
October 29 2011 02:43 GMT
#726
On October 27 2011 20:53 akaMadMike wrote:
I will use my infestor to take control over your replicator and make the most expensive zergling ever.
Gosu FFA zerg - mind control replicator, and copy those terran medivacs to heal for the swarm.

Meanwhile, in terran's base: "Meh, aliens. We don't need to steal your silly armies anyway."
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
October 29 2011 02:58 GMT
#727
a banshee just to see how terrans like dealing with a unit that is never not cost effective.

but not really. im actually never gonna make this unit, its a pathetic design imo and i play protoss to use protoss units, not to copy the others, i hope it doesnt make it past beta
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
October 29 2011 03:05 GMT
#728
On October 29 2011 11:14 Arisen wrote:
Replicate anything and everything. There is little chance in my mind that this unit makes it into the game. There's just no way. If the replicant makes it into the game, you just CAN'T win with tech versus protoss. You can't do cute shit with infestor ling (because herp derp, I have infestors too!), you can't win with ghosts (Because I have EMP too!), etc. It's just too powerful to be able to essentially pidgeonhole the Terran into going MMM and the zerg going hydraroach corrupter and just having more shit. Any time you bust out some tech to do anything, he's just going to have that same tech plus a better army.

The main targets of course will be
1)SCVs/Drones
2)Infestors/Ghosts
3)Vipers, swarmhost, ravens, banshees, seigetanks, etc


Did it ever cross your mind that there is a possibility it will make it into the game, but they would nerf it? I don't see how you can't possibly consider the option that they could do something like increase the price of the replicator so that it is only good in specific situations, otherwise you will just get outnumbered.
Hattori_Hanzo
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore1229 Posts
October 29 2011 03:05 GMT
#729
On October 29 2011 11:14 Arisen wrote:
Replicate anything and everything. There is little chance in my mind that this unit makes it into the game. There's just no way. If the replicant makes it into the game, you just CAN'T win with tech versus protoss. You can't do cute shit with infestor ling (because herp derp, I have infestors too!), you can't win with ghosts (Because I have EMP too!), etc. It's just too powerful to be able to essentially pidgeonhole the Terran into going MMM and the zerg going hydraroach corrupter and just having more shit. Any time you bust out some tech to do anything, he's just going to have that same tech plus a better army.

The main targets of course will be
1)SCVs/Drones
2)Infestors/Ghosts
3)Vipers, swarmhost, ravens, banshees, seigetanks, etc


1) reaper expand build will take care of that quite nicely, entering before 6:30 to 3 shot your replicated SCV. I can't comment on Zerg, but I'm pretty sure you can't place buildings on creep ( no pylons )
It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

2) I can't wait for the insane zealot/sentry/stalker/medivac micro... Every 3 replicators is 1 less sentry.
Same for zealots. While it'll be powerful, the lack of numbers is very bad news against marauder/medivac of equal numbers. As for Zerg, likely Swarmhost/toach will be a good counter to roach/sling anyhow so, while zealot/r.infestor is strong, I don't see it being ZOMGWTFBBQROFLOCOPTERPWN.

3) See (2).
Cauterize the area
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
October 29 2011 03:08 GMT
#730
On October 25 2011 00:45 Antisocialmunky wrote:
If you replicated the replicator, then can you replicate again?

yo dawg
Hattori_Hanzo
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore1229 Posts
October 29 2011 03:10 GMT
#731
On October 29 2011 11:58 Champi wrote:
a banshee just to see how terrans like dealing with a unit that is never not cost effective.

but not really. im actually never gonna make this unit, its a pathetic design imo and i play protoss to use protoss units, not to copy the others, i hope it doesnt make it past beta


And you'll probably do better than other Protoss who got their ass handed to them everytime against a competent opponent when they massed DTs every game (bcos DTs are awesome broken, how could Blizzard release them.)

I do however, see Protoss pros such as White-ra making good use of them.
So excited.
Cauterize the area
Mario1209
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1077 Posts
October 29 2011 03:17 GMT
#732
eh, idk, i don't see a lot of good uses for the replicator. it's pretty expensive. the only things i could see it working well is by using for gimicky wins by replicating DTs or Banshees.
Co-Manager of Soviet Gaming * http://twitter.com/#!/sGMarioo * http://www.facebook.com/SovietGamingfanpage * https://twitter.com/#!/SovietGaming
Achilles306
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada84 Posts
October 29 2011 03:19 GMT
#733
Can you replicate hallucinations? It would also allow you to make a bunch of the oracle at once.

Is it's build time the same as a Colossus? If it's shorter, you could get colossi faster since I think they cost the same.

Also, getting a viper for dark swarm would work great if you want to go air Toss. And you can make your own tanks to stop the 1-1-1
Avan
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil121 Posts
October 29 2011 03:23 GMT
#734
I still believe the Replicator is a terrible idea.

First of all, it DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

I've said this before and I'm going to say this again:

If I play PROTOSS, then I want PROTOSS UNITS.

If I wanted Terran or Zerg units, I WOULD PLAY TERRAN OR ZERG, FOR TASSADAR'S SAKE!

What is wrong with Blizzard? What's the point in giving a unit that COPIES other units instead of adding a NEW UNIT to the game? Do you guys realize that the Replicator is not a unit by itself? You guys realize how pointless and stupid, design-wise, is this unit?

I'm pretty pissed with this.
"I have never tasted Death, Zeratul. Nor shall I". Liquid'HerO FIGHTING!
Denis Lachance
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada162 Posts
October 29 2011 03:27 GMT
#735
On October 29 2011 12:23 Avan wrote:
I still believe the Replicator is a terrible idea.

First of all, it DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

I've said this before and I'm going to say this again:

If I play PROTOSS, then I want PROTOSS UNITS.

If I wanted Terran or Zerg units, I WOULD PLAY TERRAN OR ZERG, FOR TASSADAR'S SAKE!

What is wrong with Blizzard? What's the point in giving a unit that COPIES other units instead of adding a NEW UNIT to the game? Do you guys realize that the Replicator is not a unit by itself? You guys realize how pointless and stupid, design-wise, is this unit?

I'm pretty pissed with this.



I wouldn't say I have a violent fervor against the replicant, but I do think it's dumb to have a unit entirely dedicated to copying other races' units...

Sure it provides interesting theory for gameplay but it does not fit the game.
Eppur si muove
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
October 29 2011 03:27 GMT
#736
On October 29 2011 12:23 Avan wrote:
I still believe the Replicator is a terrible idea.

First of all, it DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

I've said this before and I'm going to say this again:

If I play PROTOSS, then I want PROTOSS UNITS.

If I wanted Terran or Zerg units, I WOULD PLAY TERRAN OR ZERG, FOR TASSADAR'S SAKE!

What is wrong with Blizzard? What's the point in giving a unit that COPIES other units instead of adding a NEW UNIT to the game? Do you guys realize that the Replicator is not a unit by itself? You guys realize how pointless and stupid, design-wise, is this unit?

I'm pretty pissed with this.


But it's just situational units... I think it's a neat idea however I liked dark archon's MC a little better ;; a wells
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
Denis Lachance
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada162 Posts
October 29 2011 03:27 GMT
#737
On October 29 2011 12:19 Achilles306 wrote:
Can you replicate hallucinations? It would also allow you to make a bunch of the oracle at once.

Is it's build time the same as a Colossus? If it's shorter, you could get colossi faster since I think they cost the same.

Also, getting a viper for dark swarm would work great if you want to go air Toss. And you can make your own tanks to stop the 1-1-1


Remember it can't replicate massive.
Eppur si muove
average650
Profile Joined November 2010
24 Posts
October 29 2011 03:32 GMT
#738
I could see them nerfing this so that you can only replicate your own units, but this might come with a buff in cost or build time. This would be really interesting helping tech switches or allowing extra money to be spent to get units out more quickly.
Hattori_Hanzo
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore1229 Posts
October 29 2011 03:37 GMT
#739
Then go make Protoss units... Chill man

Replicated sentry is good if you only want to hallucinate scout or as meat shields.
Mid-late game it's good to have some replicators handy in case you need a quick tech switch.
E.g. Instead of having to choose between immortals and HT, one immortal and one HT and four replicators mean you can choose to either have 5 immortals, 5 HT or any number in between.

Another amazing use is after being EMP'd, replicating a unit gives the replicatpr full HP/shields and MP of the target. E.g. Replicate an EMP'd immortal and the r.immortal has max shields up.
Cauterize the area
Hattori_Hanzo
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore1229 Posts
October 29 2011 03:40 GMT
#740
On October 29 2011 12:19 Achilles306 wrote:
Can you replicate hallucinations?


Why would you want to replicate a unit which does no damage and takes double damage?
Cauterize the area
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2521
NotJumperer 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever919
NeuroSwarm186
Other Games
summit1g5615
Coldzera 785
Day[9].tv731
JimRising 626
C9.Mang0348
PiGStarcraft247
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick857
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream369
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 135
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv731
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.