• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:27
CEST 20:27
KST 03:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8899 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
double620
Profile Joined July 2011
China804 Posts
August 22 2011 08:28 GMT
#181
On August 22 2011 05:05 BuGGeaD wrote:
how the hell u beat a terran with a big bio ball with ghost (emp).

im toss.


well, no vikings right? get colosi, carefully place your ffs, charge zeals and blink stalkers. Make sure you have equal upgrade then u should be good.
Arayvenn
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada22 Posts
August 22 2011 09:34 GMT
#182
On August 21 2011 11:04 wherebugsgo wrote:
Doesn't fungal do more DPS than storm? Ever since they changed it


No. Storm does 80 and fungals do like 30-50. It's kind of annoying to see people complaining about Fungal all the time. I don't know why everyone is just accepting that it's imbalanced, it isn't. Is it hard for a Protoss to stop? No, not really. Scout it and open HT, then get Immortals when they switch to Roach. Ah well, this is for the Balance thread.
All in again, and again, and again, and again, and again
xactilian
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2 Posts
August 22 2011 10:55 GMT
#183
I've been noticing a distinct lack of manners on the lower leagues which I inhabit, i've had 5-10 games in the last 2 days in which I wasn't given a gg after winning. Especially when I use Thors, which I know aren't the most goodwill-inducing units to lose to, but it's simply polite to gg. I'm quite new to SC2, so is this to be expected in lower leagues?
archaeology is for cool people
MrProb
Profile Joined January 2011
Thailand794 Posts
August 22 2011 11:02 GMT
#184
Its time for Zealot to get the cleave (25% - 50% psi blades splash dmg) upgrade from Tier1 or 1.5 Building =)
rave[wcr] wrote: wtf how can erik understand kelly, its like han solo and chewabacca overthere.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 22 2011 11:06 GMT
#185
On August 22 2011 19:55 xactilian wrote:
I've been noticing a distinct lack of manners on the lower leagues which I inhabit, i've had 5-10 games in the last 2 days in which I wasn't given a gg after winning. Especially when I use Thors, which I know aren't the most goodwill-inducing units to lose to, but it's simply polite to gg. I'm quite new to SC2, so is this to be expected in lower leagues?


Yes, nowhere it is written that it is expected to say "gg" when you lose, so it might not be a common sense, some players might think you say gg (good game) to the games you thought were somewhat cool/interesting ("good"), and not just a standard "hi/bye" social thing.

If you really think the game was good you say ww (well won), if you just admit you lost and are going to leave, then you say gg (that basicly means: yeah, I lost, cya).

So yeah, not everyone understands the manners and that's fine, as long as their gg aren't "you sux" or "gay" I guess I am fine with the lack of "manners".
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 22 2011 11:07 GMT
#186
On August 22 2011 20:02 MrProb wrote:
Its time for Zealot to get the cleave (25% - 50% psi blades splash dmg) upgrade from Tier1 or 1.5 Building =)


I was actually wondering how could possible Blizzard make Zealots somewhat better and I couldn't think about anything, I like your suggestion I am now supporting it for the next expansions (no way we will see a new tech before a expansion though).
exog
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway279 Posts
August 22 2011 11:13 GMT
#187
ok if you give charge to ultras.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 22 2011 14:50 GMT
#188
Let's completely unbalance PvZ to fix PvT YEAH!!
..
Now I understand why Blizzard has so much trouble balancing this game. >.>
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Ritso
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2 Posts
August 22 2011 16:22 GMT
#189
hello everyone i just joined this great team and i am asking if its ok to change my sc2 name to liquidritso
i play starcraft2 and i enjoy it
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 17:37:49
August 22 2011 17:37 GMT
#190
Welcome!! I don't think anyone will mistake you for an actual member of Team Liquid...you aren't actually new to the team, are you?? But yeah, there's tons of trolls naming themselves "egidra" or "SlayerSBoxer" etc, so I don't think it'll be a big deal...
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 22 2011 19:09 GMT
#191
On August 23 2011 01:22 Ritso wrote:
hello everyone i just joined this great team and i am asking if its ok to change my sc2 name to liquidritso


No, it's not ok. Of course no one can sue you for that, but if you are not in the staff, you are just a user of these forums, then please don't do that =/
DarQraven
Profile Joined January 2010
Netherlands553 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 21:15:51
August 22 2011 21:11 GMT
#192
Can I just ask if this experience is the same for anyone else: Ladder hates me.

I'm currently a Gold player, have been playing 90% plats for the past week and a half. I can go on 6-match winning sprees and still face plats, not get promoted or anything. Then the instant I lose ONE match, I'm back to playing golds. Lose two, and it's silver. From here it takes me like 6 or 7 wins to get back to playing against platinum players again.

My question: does anyone else notice this heavy down skew of the matchmaking? It seems it hardly rewards/advances me for winning yet it drops my MMR down 2 leagues if I lose even a single match.
Losses simply seem to affect who I play against way more than wins.

Not sure where else to put this.
edit just to make sure I'm not misunderstood: I don't mean that I think I should get promoted or anything. Maybe I should, maybe not, not up to me to judge. What I am annoyed by is that even a single loss results in me having to work my way through 6 easy-ish wins just to get back to the same level where I lost.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 22 2011 21:52 GMT
#193
Yeah it's happened to me.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Cosmos
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium1077 Posts
August 22 2011 21:53 GMT
#194
On August 23 2011 06:11 DarQraven wrote:
Can I just ask if this experience is the same for anyone else: Ladder hates me.

I'm currently a Gold player, have been playing 90% plats for the past week and a half. I can go on 6-match winning sprees and still face plats, not get promoted or anything. Then the instant I lose ONE match, I'm back to playing golds. Lose two, and it's silver. From here it takes me like 6 or 7 wins to get back to playing against platinum players again.

My question: does anyone else notice this heavy down skew of the matchmaking? It seems it hardly rewards/advances me for winning yet it drops my MMR down 2 leagues if I lose even a single match.
Losses simply seem to affect who I play against way more than wins.

Not sure where else to put this.
edit just to make sure I'm not misunderstood: I don't mean that I think I should get promoted or anything. Maybe I should, maybe not, not up to me to judge. What I am annoyed by is that even a single loss results in me having to work my way through 6 easy-ish wins just to get back to the same level where I lost.



You should just stop watching your opponen's profile and having headache for nothing. Play, win as much as possible, you'll get what you deserve.
http://www.twitch.tv/becosmos
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 22 2011 21:58 GMT
#195
When you lose to something bullshitty you know it's hard to overcome the urge to look at your opponents profile and battlenet stalk him for a few minutes until you're calm enough to get cheesed play again.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
DarQraven
Profile Joined January 2010
Netherlands553 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-22 22:32:00
August 22 2011 22:30 GMT
#196
It's not that I'm looking at their profile and that is bugging me. It is actually noticeable in their play, since most of the matcher after one loss are pushovers. Example: lose to pretty damn well executed 1/1/1 push once, then meet 5 Zerg who you literally outmacro off a 3gate expand. It's only after I noticed these weird peaks and valleys in match difficulty that I started checking their profiles and found some supporting facts.

Like I said, I don't care when or if I get promoted, I just don't like how the matchmaker thinks I need easy wins after a loss. It's time consuming and actually ingrains the very play habits that I'm trying to shake by playing against people I can beat even when I'm playing pretty sloppily. It's simply very slow practice.
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
August 22 2011 22:34 GMT
#197
Yeah, I'm in Gold too and have the same experience. I didn't see it that way though, I just thought maybe (at least on NA) there isn't that much of a difference in skill level between top Silver to low Platinum.
KT best KT ~ 2014
ele25
Profile Joined August 2011
1 Post
August 23 2011 00:22 GMT
#198
Hi I am new to Starcraft II. I have RTS exp. with games like Battle For Middle Earth II, COmpany of Heroes and Civ. But Starcraft II is a whole different beast. Was wondering if someone can help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. My name on Starcraft is ele my friendcode is 966. THank you.
galivet
Profile Joined February 2011
288 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 03:55:56
August 23 2011 03:28 GMT
#199
Wow, all protoss eliminated from GSL Code A and only 2 protoss remain in Code S.

I wonder if it's going to start hitting Gom's bottom line? I know I'm not going to pay full price for a GSL season ticket when almost none of the matches involve a protoss. Maybe they need to introduce a pay-per-match model or something so protoss fans can just pay for 3-4 games that they care to see. Or maybe they should start using the handicap feature to try and keep roughly-equal representation for the three races. Protoss is a really popular race even though they aren't doing well in tournaments; seems like Gom stands to lose a lot of money if all those fans can't find any entertainment in the GSL.

edit: lol GOMTVT.NET
srkishy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States4 Posts
August 23 2011 03:59 GMT
#200
Quick question for those more familiar with SC2 than myself. I know it's pretty easy to spot cloaked protoss and terran units (ghosts, bansheets, DTs and obs), without having detection, but is it possible at all to spot burrowed zerg units without any detection?
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM827
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 106
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC58
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2397
RotterdaM 827
ByuN 369
IndyStarCraft 214
MaxPax 158
RuFF_SC2 117
BRAT_OK 106
UpATreeSC 66
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC 58
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3183
Shuttle 643
Mini 395
EffOrt 332
Mind 78
Dewaltoss 73
910 72
Zeus 63
HiyA 60
hero 53
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 16
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
qojqva3493
Counter-Strike
fl0m5165
pashabiceps1226
Fnx 664
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3933
Liquid`Hasu245
Other Games
singsing1834
Beastyqt860
ceh9681
mouzStarbuck328
C9.Mang0132
XaKoH 125
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 150
• StrangeGG 38
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV429
Other Games
• imaqtpie706
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.