• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:55
CEST 01:55
KST 08:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7943 users

No replays released from Anaheim - Page 39

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 50 Next All
T0fuuu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia2275 Posts
July 31 2011 00:10 GMT
#761
After the stream was brought down by retards trying to steal HQ streams I think MLGs stance on absolute caution is a good one.
Shebuha
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1335 Posts
July 31 2011 00:13 GMT
#762
This makes me very sad, because I am very busy this weekend so I'm going to miss at least 75% of the matches. I'm about to watch my first match so far, Kiwi vs Moonan which is on right now... I will force my schedule around the finals though!!! I NEED to watch the finals.

I was looking forward to VODs so excitingly... UGH!!!!
wellAdjusted
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom65 Posts
July 31 2011 00:13 GMT
#763
As a paying customer, I want replays, not VODs.
"Rock is imba, but paper is ok..." - Scissors
Dubpace
Profile Joined August 2010
United States251 Posts
July 31 2011 00:25 GMT
#764
This is my second post in this thread...and must say just thinking about this is still making me feel sick to my stomach in disappointment of this choice. I hope MLG reconsiders their stance on this.
Skaya
Profile Joined August 2010
United States126 Posts
July 31 2011 00:28 GMT
#765
release the replays on monday. we get replays, you don't get lag. GG
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
July 31 2011 00:29 GMT
#766
On July 31 2011 09:13 wellAdjusted wrote:
As a paying customer, I want replays, not VODs.


As a paying customer, I don't really care either way.
WoundedKite
Profile Joined May 2011
United States17 Posts
July 31 2011 00:33 GMT
#767
While it's a bummer that MLG won't be releasing replays, advocating e-terrorism is just disgusting.

Downloadable replays were my favourite part about MLG events, it's a shame they decided to do take that option away, but ultimately it's their decision. I'm just glad I decided to wait and see how Anaheim goes before purchasing a membership.
GWBuffalo
Profile Joined January 2011
United States234 Posts
July 31 2011 00:38 GMT
#768
On July 31 2011 09:29 LegendaryZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2011 09:13 wellAdjusted wrote:
As a paying customer, I want replays, not VODs.


As a paying customer, I don't really care either way.


I can see people accepting MLGs reasoning, and living with it. But how could you not care either way? Didn't you have fun downloading the replays and looking at all the little things missed in the casts? Or watching the matches from the player cam? Maybe I'm being a dork, but I found it quite magical and will definitely miss it.
Nexic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States729 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-31 00:46:46
July 31 2011 00:40 GMT
#769
On July 30 2011 12:07 vaderseven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2011 11:41 MLG_Lee wrote:
Folks, the same players come to all our events. So releasing replays after the event AT THIS POINT, WITHOUT FURTHER TECHNICAL INVESTIGATION, is just moving the risk to the next event.


Every pro gamer at MLG has replays released. This is a silly response man. Please respect the internet more than THAT because a determined troll can bypass this step extremely easily.

This move by MLG is punishing the fans more than anything. It does not prevent this style of attack on the event.
This point remains to be touched upon. I think everyone can agree that not releasing replays live during the event is a good idea. But not releasing afterwards because the same players will be at future MLGs? If someone plans in advance to harass specific players, they can find replays of any pro player online with 0 effort. This won't deter them or 'reduce risk' in any way.

This is punishing 99.99% of your loyal fans to try and stop the 0.01% who are going to do this crap one way or the other. The 'monetizing content' angle is the only one that makes sense, which is dissapointing if that's the case.
EliteReplay
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Dominican Republic913 Posts
July 31 2011 00:44 GMT
#770
The op should include Poll. but i think it doesnt matter since everybody in this thread agree with releasing the replays!
if play random i can't call any race imba?
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
July 31 2011 00:46 GMT
#771
On July 31 2011 09:38 Zergoaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2011 09:29 LegendaryZ wrote:
On July 31 2011 09:13 wellAdjusted wrote:
As a paying customer, I want replays, not VODs.


As a paying customer, I don't really care either way.


I can see people accepting MLGs reasoning, and living with it. But how could you not care either way? Didn't you have fun downloading the replays and looking at all the little things missed in the casts? Or watching the matches from the player cam? Maybe I'm being a dork, but I found it quite magical and will definitely miss it.


I don't care because I download and watch replays. But that's just me.

Of course there are others who do like to and for them, this is probably an important issue.
Pingoo
Profile Joined September 2010
France48 Posts
July 31 2011 00:46 GMT
#772
It's so sad, MLG replays were always a really good samples of good standard games where I would pick up a lot of information(timings, etc.).

Hope we'll get some of the most epic games at least
ThorZain is a Baller !!
Netsky
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1155 Posts
July 31 2011 01:14 GMT
#773
Obviously pretty disappointed, but major tournaments providing replays is a privilege (paid or otherwise), not a right. Whenever the public is given access to top Korean replays it's special bonus.

Being a terran player, I'm going to miss MVP and the SlayerS' terran replays the most. Being able to those reps is an invaluable learning experience. Providing the reps to some YouTube commentators with no game knowledge or insight is not a substitute.
starcraft911
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)1263 Posts
July 31 2011 02:05 GMT
#774
Man I really hate when someone chooses to lie to me about something I don't care about, something that doesn't matter, or something that I would have been fine with if they had just told me the honest truth. If you don't want to release replays I'm fine with that, but you didn't have to lie about it.
SxYSpAz
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1451 Posts
July 31 2011 02:19 GMT
#775
On July 31 2011 11:05 starcraft911 wrote:
Man I really hate when someone chooses to lie to me about something I don't care about, something that doesn't matter, or something that I would have been fine with if they had just told me the honest truth. If you don't want to release replays I'm fine with that, but you didn't have to lie about it.

it's not just that they lied about it, it's that they think we're stupid enough to not ask the most simple question ever.
antikk555
Profile Joined March 2011
85 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-31 04:19:41
July 31 2011 04:09 GMT
#776
I want the replays and I find MLG's defense extremely questionable. Its so transparent its actually insulting.

The security concerns are completely alleviated by releasing the replays after the event. If the players are spammed after the event while playing at home that is not MLG's fault. It is clearly Blizzards fault. Every single player who has their games casted already recieve messages all the time, their BNet IDs were bruteforced long ago. So arguing that you wish to prevent security concerns is nothing short of bullshit.

The number of people who may not buy a HD pass because replays are not available FAR outweighs the number of people who would not buy a HD pass even if replays were available. This is evidenced by the fact that the announcement came after the event had started. Again, trying to argue to the contrary on this is pure bullshit.

The Koreans don't want the replays released, and you cant directly monetize the replays for MLG. The truth shall set you free.
TenthGear
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia4 Posts
July 31 2011 05:09 GMT
#777
The solution is to make first person VODs of each player with the production tab left open!

Doesn't need commentary or anything. Its not an ideal situation, but it is a compromise. It gets around the reasons they have listed for not releasing the replays, and it would at least partially satisfy the majority of the player base. They could even make them only available to paying members and therefore make money off it.
confusedcrib
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1307 Posts
July 31 2011 05:14 GMT
#778
If the problem can be fixed by having someone work on the replays, then just charge five dollars for them and pay whoever is fixing them to do it.
I'm a writer for TeamLiquid, you've probably heard of me
OneStepAbove
Profile Joined March 2008
United States45 Posts
July 31 2011 05:17 GMT
#779
On July 31 2011 14:09 TenthGear wrote:
The solution is to make first person VODs of each player with the production tab left open!

Doesn't need commentary or anything. Its not an ideal situation, but it is a compromise. It gets around the reasons they have listed for not releasing the replays, and it would at least partially satisfy the majority of the player base. They could even make them only available to paying members and therefore make money off it.


This would be a VERY good compromise.
TenthGear
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-31 05:22:24
July 31 2011 05:18 GMT
#780
I agree with you totally editing the replays is a better fix. But they said:

"3) Modifying replay files (not reading them) is a violation of Blizzard's ToS. I maybe could get permission to do it, but there's a lot of legal issues tied up in that. We already know how to do it. But we'd have to check them all before releasing them."

Hence I was thinking for other options, realistically they probably just don't want to release them because some players don't want their reps released and they won't make money off it either way. Sad day for the fans.
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE159
Nina 144
ProTech138
SpeCial 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13721
Artosis 605
PianO 30
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
canceldota117
League of Legends
Doublelift3999
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1666
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe105
Other Games
summit1g6771
shahzam562
Day[9].tv487
C9.Mang0383
Maynarde76
Trikslyr63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV148
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• RyuSc2 31
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP31
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur610
• Day9tv487
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 5m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.