• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7815 users

TSL's Coach Lee speaks out on PuMa - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
764 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
MrDudeMan
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada973 Posts
July 22 2011 03:53 GMT
#41
On July 22 2011 12:48 VeryAverage wrote:
I know the whole "hurting eSports" thing is overplayed to death, but seriously, this really is.

The best players are in Korea (look how much Huk improved from practicing there). The hardest competition is in Korea. Therefore, the best players should stay in Korea. Yeah, having a foreign scene is cool, but Korea has proven that they will stick with it for years and years, while this foreign scene could be a flash in the pan for all we know.

I hope we don't just start buying up people so we can kill the small and fragile SC2 scene there.


Yet the korean scene barely survives. Why? Because they have bad business sense, it was a foolish decision for one league to own all the rights to SC2 in korea.
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
July 22 2011 03:54 GMT
#42
Well tsl just earnt my respect a lot more, clide and sangho wow.

(insert joke about how EG isnt fairly represented in this OP and reply)
Jetsfan
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada26 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 03:55:55
July 22 2011 03:54 GMT
#43
On July 22 2011 12:46 lazyfeet wrote:
Very few professional Korean SC2 players currently “enjoy” playing Starcraft 2 due to the small fan base. This needs to be solved in order for Starcraft 2 to flourish as an e-sport.

Is this true?




Hmm I don't like this. Just because SC2 isn't very popular in Korea does not mean it is not flourishing as an e-sport.

Pretty much what I get from this is Korean players want to be playing in front of their fans, the who can blame them for wanting to play for foreign teams?

Everyone wants to talk about loyalty and culture, where is it from the Korean fans? I know where it is, stuck in broodwar.

As great a game as it may be, SC2 is the future of e-sports. Korea can either be apart of that, or be left behind as the west was with BW
Rasun
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States787 Posts
July 22 2011 03:54 GMT
#44
Excuse my ignorance if this was common knowledge, but I am really concerned about a lot of the things he said about the Korean SC2 scene. It sounds like its pretty hard times and especially the comment about how Pro-SC2 players don't enjoy playing SC2 due to the small fan-base. I mean I've been kind of waiting for the Korean SC2 scene to take steps towards what BW has accomplished but I guess its just taking more time than I expected. I mean yeah its only been a year, but since a lot of the infrastructure was already in place from BW I guess I expected it to happen quicker? I don't know, its concerning to me.
"People need to just settle the fuck down!"- Djwheat <3
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 22 2011 03:55 GMT
#45
On July 22 2011 12:54 Jetsfan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 12:46 lazyfeet wrote:
Very few professional Korean SC2 players currently “enjoy” playing Starcraft 2 due to the small fan base. This needs to be solved in order for Starcraft 2 to flourish as an e-sport.

Is this true?




Hmm I don't like this. Just because SC2 isn't very popular in Korea does not mean it is not flourishing as an e-sport.

Pretty much what I get from this is Korean players want to be playing in front of their fans, the who can blame them for wanting to play for foreign teams?

Everyone wants to talk about loyalty and culture, where is it from the Korean fans?


Their loyalty rests in BW.
moltenlead
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada866 Posts
July 22 2011 03:55 GMT
#46
Clide/Killer/SangHo just shot up in my books. I respect them and their decision. It really sounds like the coach is having a rough time atm, and hopefully he can get out of it quickly. It would be sad to see another team dissolve.
DerekJCEX
Profile Joined June 2009
United States64 Posts
July 22 2011 03:55 GMT
#47
I've always been a fan of Coach Lee and TSL. Much respect to Clide and Sangho for refusing the offers and also making sacrifices for the better of the team. That's awesome
EchoZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan5041 Posts
July 22 2011 03:56 GMT
#48
Its okay we still have CLIIIIIIIIDEEEE!
Dear Sixsmith...
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
July 22 2011 03:57 GMT
#49
Clide and SangHo are truly honorable and deserve praise from everyone. What they did was amazing.
secret - never again
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
July 22 2011 03:57 GMT
#50
Very good report. Mr. Lee seems like a stand-up guy, but the problem is that this is the nature of pro sports. Contracts are needed and/or some kind of governing body. Apart from that, in the end, no matter how this went down, it was Puma's decision and you have to respect that as long as ntohing illegal went down.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
July 22 2011 03:58 GMT
#51
The more I read what Lee says the more blame I put on him, both for no contracts and the drama that has ensued. In the interview, he says he warned Puma about the drama that would follow but it seems like Lee is the one throwing out interviews and angry statements that only help create the drama. I understand being angry and feeling betrayed but if he REALLY cared about Puma, he certainly could have helped the situation by handling the behind the scenes stuff behind the scenes. For instance, just give out the news in a simple, factual statement - that Puma has gone to EG. Instead, he gave interviews when he was/is very angry and emotional and it has helped to elevate this situation far beyond what it should have been.

I also think EG is at fault so it's certainly not all on Lee - far from it. I have heard Lee is a great guy so I feel bad for him, just wish he would have handled it differently, for the sake of Puma who had the guts to talk to him personally and obviously felt a ton of sadness about wanting to leave.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
simmeh
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2511 Posts
July 22 2011 03:58 GMT
#52
On July 22 2011 12:57 ch33psh33p wrote:
Clide and SangHo are truly honorable and deserve praise from everyone. What they did was amazing.


agreed. big respect. hope things turn around for those two and as well the team and coach lee
byah!
Dean_
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland36 Posts
July 22 2011 03:58 GMT
#53
I love Coach Lee from MBCgame Hero time I hope his new team gets more success in the future.
Korean comic: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 22 2011 03:59 GMT
#54
On July 22 2011 12:55 moltenlead wrote:
Clide/Killer/SangHo just shot up in my books. I respect them and their decision. It really sounds like the coach is having a rough time atm, and hopefully he can get out of it quickly. It would be sad to see another team dissolve.


I'd expect many of them to do this (stick to what you know;betterment of the team; etc.); whereas, a select few like Puma would want to broaden their horizons and try something new.
Dante08
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Singapore4189 Posts
July 22 2011 04:00 GMT
#55
Much respect to clide and sangho for staying loyal to their team.
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
July 22 2011 04:01 GMT
#56
People need to realize how hard it is for SC2 and GOM to get Korea's attention. Brood War competitively wasn't big in the foreign market. SC2 has had an easy time just towering over all the foreign Korean BW fans and making the SC2 leagues the biggest events. In Korea, there are still hundreds of fans who will show up to their favorite player's Brood War game every week.

You can't just come into the United States and try to introduce something like Arena Football and expect it to take over the NFL. It's going to take time, but I think SC2 will continue to get bigger in Korea. If whenever someone like Flash, Bisu or Jaedong switches over, that is thousands of fans now coming or wanting to see those guys play.

I mean, really, to Koreans, seeing the top players like MC, MVP and Nestea dominate SC2 is like watching the minor leagues. Why watch them when you can watch Flash, Jaedong and Bisu? Guys who crushed those guys in Brood War. The loyalty in Korea is all with the stars of Brood War.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 22 2011 04:01 GMT
#57
On July 22 2011 12:58 Charger wrote:
The more I read what Lee says the more blame I put on him, both for no contracts and the drama that has ensued. In the interview, he says he warned Puma about the drama that would follow but it seems like Lee is the one throwing out interviews and angry statements that only help create the drama. I understand being angry and feeling betrayed but if he REALLY cared about Puma, he certainly could have helped the situation by handling the behind the scenes stuff behind the scenes. For instance, just give out the news in a simple, factual statement - that Puma has gone to EG. Instead, he gave interviews when he was/is very angry and emotional and it has helped to elevate this situation far beyond what it should have been.

I also think EG is at fault so it's certainly not all on Lee - far from it. I have heard Lee is a great guy so I feel bad for him, just wish he would have handled it differently, for the sake of Puma who had the guts to talk to him personally and obviously felt a ton of sadness about wanting to leave.



There would have been drama regardless. It goes back to honor and many in Korea would see this as betrayal against one's family. I don't want to say the c-word. Don't make me say it.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
July 22 2011 04:02 GMT
#58
On July 22 2011 12:50 oxxo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 12:41 Vinx wrote:
I may be a just an asshole but when I got to this part "At first, we wanted him on a contract, and so did the other teammates. But we did not feel it was necessary at the time since everyone showed so much passion and commitment. I trusted him, but now I am regretting my decision [to put off the contract] a little bit." I just went... .r u kidding, its the 2011.... that whole part about honor and respect is kinda gone... i'm sad about it too but still know its a reality.


Asian and Asian-American culture is very different than Western culture about 'honor and respect' in things like this.


Yeah, definitely, its not just about contracts or anything in Asian cultures, its much more about respect in general. AlexG is quite shady despite playing within the rules, i mean i hate to say it, but IMO this hurts the western organization's reputation, sure you can say that they are all not that shady, but korean organizations are going to label and generalize the western community, and with SangHo and Clide coming out with how they were approached by western organizations, korean teams and organizations are much more likely going to be more tough with their team reguations, force contracts, and most likely more of the Koreans to Western teams will happen much less (or untill contracts expire).
Also, the KoT debate with Milkis and AlexG.... come on Alex. Its almost the same thing as me asking him "hey dude, you like strawberry ice crream?" and him just saying "well i like fruit flavored ice cream".
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
July 22 2011 04:02 GMT
#59
On July 22 2011 12:47 SourD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 12:41 Vinx wrote:
I may be a just an asshole but when I got to this part "At first, we wanted him on a contract, and so did the other teammates. But we did not feel it was necessary at the time since everyone showed so much passion and commitment. I trusted him, but now I am regretting my decision [to put off the contract] a little bit." I just went... .r u kidding, its the 2011.... that whole part about honor and respect is kinda gone... i'm sad about it too but still know its a reality.


oh sure...how stupid of coach Lee not to tell everyone to make commitment w/ contract when the sponsors are departing and the team itself is struggle financially....NOT

So why is he upset that Puma left?

I'm sorry, but he admits it himself that he thought of putting Puma under contract crossed his mind before, and yet it didn't happen. If anything he should be upset at himself for thinking everything is just peachy and people never change their minds.
h3nG
Profile Joined March 2011
46 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 04:06:01
July 22 2011 04:02 GMT
#60
New Clide fan.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 271
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4310
Dewaltoss 204
Bale 26
Terrorterran 13
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm260
League of Legends
JimRising 807
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Other Games
summit1g14014
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1324
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo968
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 13m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 13m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 13m
Replay Cast
19h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.