• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:39
CEST 19:39
KST 02:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10093 users

TSL's Coach Lee speaks out on PuMa - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
764 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
lazyfeet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States468 Posts
July 22 2011 03:46 GMT
#21
Very few professional Korean SC2 players currently “enjoy” playing Starcraft 2 due to the small fan base. This needs to be solved in order for Starcraft 2 to flourish as an e-sport.

Is this true?
LUCK is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity.......
xBillehx
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1289 Posts
July 22 2011 03:46 GMT
#22
Was just about to post this but by the time I finished formatting reddit to TL someone already had. Glad I checked!

Coach Lee is always so nice. He has such a good heart I hope his team's situation ends up better.
Taengoo ♥
Mioraka
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada1353 Posts
July 22 2011 03:46 GMT
#23
Uhuh? Great interview, not in the normal sense of great, but an awesome insight into the current sc2 situation in Korea.

HOWEVER, did you contact EG and get their side of the story/EG seal of approval, before posting this?

If you didn't I think it hurts the journalist integrity of teamliquid. You also shouldn't put this on community news because it's biased.

/sarcasm
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
July 22 2011 03:47 GMT
#24
On July 22 2011 12:40 mols0n wrote:
I think it was he was very polite and fair.

Yes he was, sad to see poor TSL suffer
Well, hopefully they'll pick some new players up and take the scene by storm
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
getSome[703]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States753 Posts
July 22 2011 03:47 GMT
#25
Why aren't you posting alongside with a statement from EG? Did you even contact them requesting a statement?? Irresponsible journalism!

+ Show Spoiler +

just kidding


Very solid interview, I'm glad we have his whole side of the story now that he is calmer. This really makes me respect Korean players a lot more because they practice and sacrifice much more than foreigners despite the smaller rewards and fan bases. GL puma and TSL

And of course, thanks very much to whoever translated this (: Most of us appreciate it
Running Log! http://www.runningahead.com/logs/5081b4d7a4a94c5e8fa20b01e668dfb6/calendar
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
July 22 2011 03:47 GMT
#26
It's interesting and somewhat depressing to hear some of the details about what's going on over at TSL... Coach Lee seems pretty demoralized by it.
SourD
Profile Joined February 2011
United States81 Posts
July 22 2011 03:47 GMT
#27
On July 22 2011 12:41 Vinx wrote:
I may be a just an asshole but when I got to this part "At first, we wanted him on a contract, and so did the other teammates. But we did not feel it was necessary at the time since everyone showed so much passion and commitment. I trusted him, but now I am regretting my decision [to put off the contract] a little bit." I just went... .r u kidding, its the 2011.... that whole part about honor and respect is kinda gone... i'm sad about it too but still know its a reality.


oh sure...how stupid of coach Lee not to tell everyone to make commitment w/ contract when the sponsors are departing and the team itself is struggle financially....NOT
VeryAverage
Profile Joined January 2011
United States424 Posts
July 22 2011 03:48 GMT
#28
I know the whole "hurting eSports" thing is overplayed to death, but seriously, this really is.

The best players are in Korea (look how much Huk improved from practicing there). The hardest competition is in Korea. Therefore, the best players should stay in Korea. Yeah, having a foreign scene is cool, but Korea has proven that they will stick with it for years and years, while this foreign scene could be a flash in the pan for all we know.

I hope we don't just start buying up people so we can kill the small and fragile SC2 scene there.
mols0n
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada388 Posts
July 22 2011 03:48 GMT
#29
On July 22 2011 12:45 Emporio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 12:42 mols0n wrote:
On July 22 2011 12:37 Slakter wrote:
On July 22 2011 12:34 Emporio wrote:
Holy crap dude, where's EG's statement in this? Biased as shit.

+ Show Spoiler +
jokes aside, good to see some solid facts when Coach Lee is calmer to clarify his side

They are busy grubbing themselves in moneyz and laughing evily.

No, that wasnt serious. I am also awaiting their statement, will probably be very interesting.


I don't care for EG's statement. They're a bunch of cheaters over there anyways. They poached Complexity from Jason Lake, and now they've done the same, low class organization. I was becoming a Puma fan, but I won't cheer for them while he is on that team


What is the Complexity thing?


It was during the counter-strike 1.6. Complexity's entire Counter-Strike roster was basically poached by EG without any knowledge of Jason Lake
Onox
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1072 Posts
July 22 2011 03:49 GMT
#30
Great interview. I know I'll be rooting for tsl more than ever now.
meep
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 03:56:50
July 22 2011 03:49 GMT
#31
On July 22 2011 12:46 lazyfeet wrote:
Very few professional Korean SC2 players currently “enjoy” playing Starcraft 2 due to the small fan base. This needs to be solved in order for Starcraft 2 to flourish as an e-sport.

Is this true?


I wouldn't doubt it, they compare the fan base to its older brother Brood War. Nothing will top that.
閑静 しずか (ノ・_・)ノ
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 22 2011 03:49 GMT
#32
I'm not surprised by the conduct of other teams trying to recruit the Koreans. Looks like Puma wasn't even sure about his decision. It went against his own convictions as well.
StyLeD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2965 Posts
July 22 2011 03:49 GMT
#33
EG.....nice on the outside, they seem like normal people, jackasses on the inside. I'm not supporting EG or Puma anymore...
"Even gophers love Starcraft" - Tasteless. || Davichi | IU <3
storm44
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1293 Posts
July 22 2011 03:49 GMT
#34
On July 22 2011 12:48 mols0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 12:45 Emporio wrote:
On July 22 2011 12:42 mols0n wrote:
On July 22 2011 12:37 Slakter wrote:
On July 22 2011 12:34 Emporio wrote:
Holy crap dude, where's EG's statement in this? Biased as shit.

+ Show Spoiler +
jokes aside, good to see some solid facts when Coach Lee is calmer to clarify his side

They are busy grubbing themselves in moneyz and laughing evily.

No, that wasnt serious. I am also awaiting their statement, will probably be very interesting.


I don't care for EG's statement. They're a bunch of cheaters over there anyways. They poached Complexity from Jason Lake, and now they've done the same, low class organization. I was becoming a Puma fan, but I won't cheer for them while he is on that team


What is the Complexity thing?


It was during the counter-strike 1.6. Complexity's entire Counter-Strike roster was basically poached by EG without any knowledge of Jason Lake


heres the link
http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/story/43572/
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
July 22 2011 03:50 GMT
#35
Mad respect for Clide and Sangho... very well done interview.

TSL fightingg
I love crazymoving
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
July 22 2011 03:50 GMT
#36
Honestly, I'm really interested in how much puma is getting paid. More than anything else whether it's to travel abroad or whatnot it's probably the money that is the biggest factor. I'm guessing much more than something like 30000 dollars a year.
oxxo
Profile Joined February 2010
988 Posts
July 22 2011 03:50 GMT
#37
On July 22 2011 12:41 Vinx wrote:
I may be a just an asshole but when I got to this part "At first, we wanted him on a contract, and so did the other teammates. But we did not feel it was necessary at the time since everyone showed so much passion and commitment. I trusted him, but now I am regretting my decision [to put off the contract] a little bit." I just went... .r u kidding, its the 2011.... that whole part about honor and respect is kinda gone... i'm sad about it too but still know its a reality.


Asian and Asian-American culture is very different than Western culture about 'honor and respect' in things like this.
Duravi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1205 Posts
July 22 2011 03:52 GMT
#38
On July 22 2011 12:49 StyLeD wrote:
EG.....nice on the outside, they seem like normal people, jackasses on the inside. I'm not supporting EG or Puma anymore...

I honestly hope their players get booed at MLG, I dont think they will take anything the community says seriously until their sponsors notice.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 22 2011 03:52 GMT
#39
On July 22 2011 12:50 oxxo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 12:41 Vinx wrote:
I may be a just an asshole but when I got to this part "At first, we wanted him on a contract, and so did the other teammates. But we did not feel it was necessary at the time since everyone showed so much passion and commitment. I trusted him, but now I am regretting my decision [to put off the contract] a little bit." I just went... .r u kidding, its the 2011.... that whole part about honor and respect is kinda gone... i'm sad about it too but still know its a reality.


Asian and Asian-American culture is very different than Western culture about 'honor and respect' in things like this.


Yes, they treat one another like extended family. There is more meaning there.

KeSPA is going to have a really hard time turning SC2 around once they get involved. Blizzard handled the product very poorly there.
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
July 22 2011 03:52 GMT
#40
On July 22 2011 12:42 Backpack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 12:34 GTR wrote:




Please provide us with some more details regarding your decision to release PuMa from the team and PuMa’s decision to join EG (Evil Geniuses).
Shortly after his arrival from the US, PuMa was not himself and was seen frequently sighing for about three days as if he was stressed out. Naturally, I was concerned to see this coming from someone who had just won the NASL. This attitude continued even after we won our GSTL match a few days later. I had never seen this side of PuMa during the one year we were together. Sensing something strange was going on, I asked him repeatedly what was wrong, but he did not give me an answer. But he finally opened up to me the day after the GSTL match about his dilemma. At that point, I felt that he had already made up his mind to leave the team.



After seeing this, how can anybody hold EG responsible for "secretly" approaching Puma? The miscommunication was clearly between Puma and his team.

I wouldn't rely on a player to relay your discussion to the coach (after he already makes a decision)? Talk to the management directly.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 243
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 75
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3341
Bisu 2007
Soulkey 1069
EffOrt 526
Larva 380
Mini 376
ZerO 205
Dewaltoss 187
hero 93
Mind 73
[ Show more ]
Sharp 68
sorry 63
Shinee 53
Barracks 40
Sea.KH 33
Bale 27
Trap 24
Terrorterran 22
NaDa 20
ToSsGirL 19
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 12
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Dendi1518
XaKoH 441
420jenkins322
League of Legends
Reynor73
Counter-Strike
fl0m4223
pashabiceps801
Fnx 663
x6flipin437
edward24
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu409
Other Games
Grubby2436
Liquid`RaSZi1591
FrodaN752
XBOCT280
Livibee187
TKL 123
C9.Mang0113
QueenE93
RotterdaM45
Mew2King36
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2921
• TFBlade758
Other Games
• Shiphtur637
• WagamamaTV632
• imaqtpie431
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 21m
Patches Events
22h 21m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.