• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:37
CEST 04:37
KST 11:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8605 users

[o] Random Questions for Testers - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
crabapple
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States397 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-18 10:19:48
February 18 2010 10:01 GMT
#81
how does the latency feel? similar to sc1, or better?

are hotkeys rebindable atm or fixed?
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
February 18 2010 10:01 GMT
#82
On February 18 2010 18:57 InToTheWannaB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2010 18:34 IdrA wrote:
On February 18 2010 18:19 Hyde wrote:
On February 18 2010 17:46 dbergan wrote:
On February 18 2010 13:18 Nightmarjoo wrote:
Do f-keys work like in bw? Is it still f 2-4 or do I need to find my f1 key?


F1 selects idle worker... that's all I've noticed so far.

I'm not sure if I like that, I guess I could get use to it. What I don't like so far about SC2 is the fact that it tells you your workers are under attack, I wish they would remove that.

On February 18 2010 18:18 minus_human wrote:
Why the heck does everyone play Zerg?

Because they're imba? haha joking, I don't know I heard someone on the stream say everyone was protoss? Could be wrong.

Question - Does the new Protoss speed up ability only apply to one building at a time or is it an AoE? Can each nexus do it or are you limited to one use?
Can someone use it when they're building the colossus and tell me how much faster it actually builds?

its 1 building per cast, you can do as many as you have mana for at the same time. it makes upgrades/units build 50% faster, so its pretty significant on everything.

most zergs seem to do some kind of heavy early rush with various combinations of lings roaches and hydras and then they kinda crumble after that. fast expand and rush to storm rapes face if you scout and add cannons properly.
You have your own beta account yet idra or are u sharing with artosis?
artosis is currently a hermit, hes not even answering his phone. im sharing with skew while waiting for mine.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
PobTheCad
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia893 Posts
February 18 2010 10:34 GMT
#83
On February 18 2010 17:43 Nightmarjoo wrote:
To answer my earlier question, F keys are gone as far as I know

wtf
i hope they are putting them in at a later stage during beta?
im an f-key addict
Once again back is the incredible!
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
February 18 2010 10:47 GMT
#84
You can reply to friends in game with /r
:D

HB and I are retiring from 2v2 for the night. We ran into Lumi / Husky, and I dunno who else!
Nafaltar
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany302 Posts
February 18 2010 10:51 GMT
#85
On February 18 2010 18:42 Un Gato wrote:
The real question is, is there anyone playing Terran? All I've seen are Protoss and Zerg.


Faced a couple of Terrans playing random myself. So far in TvT I have been successful with double factory rushes (one techlab one reactor), in TvZ just massing marines did it for me and in PvT I go for longer games. Most Terrans I have faced though seem to like Marauder rushes which can be quite effective on a number of maps.

On February 18 2010 19:01 crabapple wrote:
how does the latency feel? similar to sc1, or better?

are hotkeys rebindable atm or fixed?


Compared to SC1 Battle.net? MILES better. Hotkeys seem to be fixed for the moment.
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
February 18 2010 11:32 GMT
#86
I'm playing Terran in 1v1 and Protoss in 2v2. I even played Mahnini in a TvT!
Krolinkos
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia74 Posts
February 18 2010 12:13 GMT
#87
For the testers:

What on earth are the 'rested points' that we can see in some profile screenshots - how are they gained and what do they do? I would normally assume they act like rested experience in RPGs, but I remember a quote from a Blizz dev/pr that said that it's something different, and will be explained later.

After finishing a game the post-game scorecard has three tabs. The third one reads 'build order'; how informative is this, and how is the information presented? I haven't seen any stream which didn't go straight onto the next game, so I haven't seen any of this UI.

What percentage of games are progressing to late game tech? How do the powerful units feel to control; and does it seem like they are worth the expense?
Unashamedly nerdy.
lavion
Profile Joined September 2009
Singapore286 Posts
February 18 2010 12:24 GMT
#88
hi i would like to know whether sc2 is graphically demanding, will a low-mid range lap top run it?
Flash for bonjwa
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
February 18 2010 12:24 GMT
#89
On February 18 2010 17:50 Hiphopapotamus wrote:
Is there a PandaBearGuy? At the very least, are there critters? I haven't seen any on the streams so far.

I saw some birds in Nony's game, they look awesome and totally blend into the enviroment

fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
February 18 2010 12:31 GMT
#90
is there mineral walk?
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
nbMifu
Profile Joined January 2010
Brazil170 Posts
February 18 2010 12:33 GMT
#91
Does it support observers in games already?
(and I mean a player observing other guys playing, and not the protoss unit)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
February 18 2010 12:35 GMT
#92
On February 18 2010 21:24 lavion wrote:
hi i would like to know whether sc2 is graphically demanding, will a low-mid range lap top run it?


It is graphically demanding if you want to run it on high settings.

I have a:

Pentium 4 T6600 @ 2,2 GHz
4 GB RAM
Radeon 4650

I can only run it on medium, anything higher and battles are unplayable (as I just found out!)

However, I am updating my video drivers to see if that helps at all...
Nafaltar
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany302 Posts
February 18 2010 12:57 GMT
#93
On February 18 2010 21:13 Krolinkos wrote:
For the testers:

What on earth are the 'rested points' that we can see in some profile screenshots (...)

After finishing a game the post-game scorecard has three tabs. The third one reads 'build order'; how informative is this, and how is the information presented? I haven't seen any stream which didn't go straight onto the next game, so I haven't seen any of this UI.

What percentage of games are progressing to late game tech? How do the powerful units feel to control; and does it seem like they are worth the expense?


Rested points seem to accumulate over time not spent playing. If I am not mistaken they serve as a buffer when LOSING games, reducing the point loss. However rested points go down when winning (and i would assume losing). Basically you don't have to warm up in a practice game for fear of losing "valuable" ladder points from beeing cold, instead you just jump right into the fray.

The build order tab shows you what who built when for the first couple of minutes in the game (both units and buildings and the current supply at that time). Can save you watching the replay when you arent sure wether the opponent used an all in build or simply a well executed aggressive build.

Wether games go to late game depends on matchup, however generally speaking few games do get that far currently since typically someone will mess up and get run over. When the game does get into the later phases higher tier units are incredible, while basic units still retain their usefulness in most cases.
Krolinkos
Profile Joined February 2010
Australia74 Posts
February 18 2010 13:54 GMT
#94
On February 18 2010 21:57 Nafaltar wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +

Rested points seem to accumulate over time not spent playing. If I am not mistaken they serve as a buffer when LOSING games, reducing the point loss. However rested points go down when winning (and i would assume losing). Basically you don't have to warm up in a practice game for fear of losing "valuable" ladder points from beeing cold, instead you just jump right into the fray.

The build order tab shows you what who built when for the first couple of minutes in the game (both units and buildings and the current supply at that time). Can save you watching the replay when you arent sure wether the opponent used an all in build or simply a well executed aggressive build.

Wether games go to late game depends on matchup, however generally speaking few games do get that far currently since typically someone will mess up and get run over. When the game does get into the later phases higher tier units are incredible, while basic units still retain their usefulness in most cases.




Thanks! The implementation of the rest sounds fantastic - it'll be great not to have to worry about losing rank when warming up.
Unashamedly nerdy.
Darcey
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden35 Posts
February 18 2010 14:17 GMT
#95
I noticed when watching the Husky stream that there seems to be an internal VOIP in the game.

Is it as garbage as the one in WoW or is it actually usable?


Ps. I'm pretty sure that Husky and Lomi we're using Vent during the stream.
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
February 18 2010 14:33 GMT
#96
On February 18 2010 18:09 dbergan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2010 17:50 Hiphopapotamus wrote:
Is there a PandaBearGuy? At the very least, are there critters? I haven't seen any on the streams so far.


Not that I've seen...

I've seen birds.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
February 18 2010 14:59 GMT
#97
i have a question. What's up with "XXX was revealed" or smth like that. it shows you your enemy buildings and units for example. i think it's pretty dumb. anyone have any experience with that
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
Garrl
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Scotland1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-18 15:06:18
February 18 2010 15:05 GMT
#98
i have a question. What's up with "XXX was revealed" or smth like that. it shows you your enemy buildings and units for example. i think it's pretty dumb. anyone have any experience with that


It happens when you lose all your worker-producing buildings (hatcheries, Nexuses, Command Centres) and goes away when you rebuild one. It's to stop idiotic spamming of pylons across the map to piss off your opponent.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
February 18 2010 15:08 GMT
#99
On February 19 2010 00:05 Garrl wrote:
Show nested quote +
i have a question. What's up with "XXX was revealed" or smth like that. it shows you your enemy buildings and units for example. i think it's pretty dumb. anyone have any experience with that


It happens when you lose all your worker-producing buildings (hatcheries, Nexuses, Command Centres) and goes away when you rebuild one. It's to stop idiotic spamming of pylons across the map to piss off your opponent.

I'm not sure how quick it is now... isn't it like almost instant? I don't like that.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
February 18 2010 15:10 GMT
#100
It says will be revealed, so I'm not sure it's instant. Haven't really noticed otherwise...
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1868
GuemChi 1518
Artosis 629
910 73
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
febbydoto9
Counter-Strike
taco 527
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox476
Other Games
summit1g8204
Doublelift1979
JimRising 590
C9.Mang0356
Day[9].tv344
PiGStarcraft277
Maynarde112
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1026
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv344
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 23m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 23m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 23m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.