• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:25
CEST 11:25
KST 18:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8839 users

[o] Random Questions for Testers - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
dbergan
Profile Joined June 2009
United States17 Posts
February 18 2010 09:08 GMT
#61
On February 18 2010 17:48 orgolove wrote:
Can someone PLEASE tell me if the game includes the map editor?


Nope. No map editor. (Yet.)
Feature suggestions for Starcraft 2 -- http://www.davidbergan.com/Summa/Starcraft_2
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
February 18 2010 09:09 GMT
#62
Yeah...i cant stand E for Probe...shees.
dbergan
Profile Joined June 2009
United States17 Posts
February 18 2010 09:09 GMT
#63
On February 18 2010 17:50 Hiphopapotamus wrote:
Is there a PandaBearGuy? At the very least, are there critters? I haven't seen any on the streams so far.


Not that I've seen...
Feature suggestions for Starcraft 2 -- http://www.davidbergan.com/Summa/Starcraft_2
Nafaltar
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany302 Posts
February 18 2010 09:10 GMT
#64
So far there is no way to customize Hotkeys. However Blizzard did mention that this probably would not' be in the initial Build but might still make it into later builds so I would not be to scared yet. So far hotkeys tend to find themselves in more accessible locations aswell so after a little getting used to the new assignments it needs less finger acrobatics to macro/micro.
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-18 09:19:08
February 18 2010 09:17 GMT
#65
also, what are the keys to move view around with the keyboard? are they still arrow keys or something like WASD? really hope they're WASD with hotkeys all around them although ESDF would be even better.
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
February 18 2010 09:18 GMT
#66
Why the heck does everyone play Zerg?
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-18 09:22:39
February 18 2010 09:19 GMT
#67
On February 18 2010 17:46 dbergan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2010 13:18 Nightmarjoo wrote:
Do f-keys work like in bw? Is it still f 2-4 or do I need to find my f1 key?


F1 selects idle worker... that's all I've noticed so far.

I'm not sure if I like that, I guess I could get use to it. What I don't like so far about SC2 is the fact that it tells you your workers are under attack, I wish they would remove that.

On February 18 2010 18:18 minus_human wrote:
Why the heck does everyone play Zerg?

Because they're imba? haha joking, I don't know I heard someone on the stream say everyone was protoss? Could be wrong.

Question - Does the new Protoss speed up ability only apply to one building at a time or is it an AoE? Can each nexus do it or are you limited to one use?
Can someone use it when they're building the colossus and tell me how much faster it actually builds?
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
February 18 2010 09:19 GMT
#68
On February 18 2010 18:18 minus_human wrote:
Why the heck does everyone play Zerg?


E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
February 18 2010 09:23 GMT
#69
I'll be hated but I really hope SC2 fails.

It looks like shit tbh.
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
February 18 2010 09:28 GMT
#70
Spawn Larva. It was the big thing after Blizzcon '09.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=101195

Is it still so powerful? I would think everybody is playing macro intensive games now, to showcase all the higher tier units so has someone tried the 1 hatch queen rush?
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
Mista_Masta
Profile Joined January 2009
Netherlands557 Posts
February 18 2010 09:29 GMT
#71
On February 18 2010 18:10 Nafaltar wrote:
So far there is no way to customize Hotkeys. However Blizzard did mention that this probably would not' be in the initial Build but might still make it into later builds so I would not be to scared yet. So far hotkeys tend to find themselves in more accessible locations aswell so after a little getting used to the new assignments it needs less finger acrobatics to macro/micro.


Warcraft 3 has customizable hotkeys, so I expect SC2 will have it as well, eventually.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
February 18 2010 09:31 GMT
#72
On February 18 2010 18:23 Boonbag wrote:
I'll be hated but I really hope SC2 fails.

It looks like shit tbh.

I think it looks pretty good, of course minus the zergling vs zergling and zealot vs zealot fights (is any able to actually tell what is going on, honestly?). I also can't really tell what's in the Terran clump, but that's because I'm not familiar with the units or the game itself. It'll definitely take some getting use to, but I don't want SC2 to fail and I also don't want SC1 to die because of SC2 but it's inevitable.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
deus_073
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
Romania187 Posts
February 18 2010 09:34 GMT
#73
System Req?
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
February 18 2010 09:34 GMT
#74
On February 18 2010 18:19 Hyde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2010 17:46 dbergan wrote:
On February 18 2010 13:18 Nightmarjoo wrote:
Do f-keys work like in bw? Is it still f 2-4 or do I need to find my f1 key?


F1 selects idle worker... that's all I've noticed so far.

I'm not sure if I like that, I guess I could get use to it. What I don't like so far about SC2 is the fact that it tells you your workers are under attack, I wish they would remove that.

Show nested quote +
On February 18 2010 18:18 minus_human wrote:
Why the heck does everyone play Zerg?

Because they're imba? haha joking, I don't know I heard someone on the stream say everyone was protoss? Could be wrong.

Question - Does the new Protoss speed up ability only apply to one building at a time or is it an AoE? Can each nexus do it or are you limited to one use?
Can someone use it when they're building the colossus and tell me how much faster it actually builds?

its 1 building per cast, you can do as many as you have mana for at the same time. it makes upgrades/units build 50% faster, so its pretty significant on everything.

most zergs seem to do some kind of heavy early rush with various combinations of lings roaches and hydras and then they kinda crumble after that. fast expand and rush to storm rapes face if you scout and add cannons properly.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
lunar3force
Profile Joined January 2010
78 Posts
February 18 2010 09:38 GMT
#75
Can anyone tell me how good are grafics on ultra? Were battlereports on that setting? Difficul to tell from streams, I find strange people reporting even with high-end PC when they need to turn down settings to get perfect responce.
Un Gato
Profile Joined July 2009
United States123 Posts
February 18 2010 09:42 GMT
#76
The real question is, is there anyone playing Terran? All I've seen are Protoss and Zerg.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
Knyteguy
Profile Joined December 2009
United States21 Posts
February 18 2010 09:47 GMT
#77
On February 18 2010 18:42 Un Gato wrote:
The real question is, is there anyone playing Terran? All I've seen are Protoss and Zerg.


I just played vs a Terran. He bunker rushed me during my FE as Zerg. I'll post it on Youtube tomorrow. I'm by no means excellent but it was a fun game that I was able to come back from.
Eroqa
Profile Joined June 2009
10 Posts
February 18 2010 09:56 GMT
#78
On February 18 2010 18:42 Un Gato wrote:
The real question is, is there anyone playing Terran? All I've seen are Protoss and Zerg.

terran is popular in 2v2, i'm playing terran with my friend and reapers are really good for flanking and getting around the map quickly to help my partner. not to mention they completely rape buildings, i can sneak into a base and kill a pylon supplying 2 gates very quickly.
InToTheWannaB
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4770 Posts
February 18 2010 09:57 GMT
#79
On February 18 2010 18:34 IdrA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2010 18:19 Hyde wrote:
On February 18 2010 17:46 dbergan wrote:
On February 18 2010 13:18 Nightmarjoo wrote:
Do f-keys work like in bw? Is it still f 2-4 or do I need to find my f1 key?


F1 selects idle worker... that's all I've noticed so far.

I'm not sure if I like that, I guess I could get use to it. What I don't like so far about SC2 is the fact that it tells you your workers are under attack, I wish they would remove that.

On February 18 2010 18:18 minus_human wrote:
Why the heck does everyone play Zerg?

Because they're imba? haha joking, I don't know I heard someone on the stream say everyone was protoss? Could be wrong.

Question - Does the new Protoss speed up ability only apply to one building at a time or is it an AoE? Can each nexus do it or are you limited to one use?
Can someone use it when they're building the colossus and tell me how much faster it actually builds?

its 1 building per cast, you can do as many as you have mana for at the same time. it makes upgrades/units build 50% faster, so its pretty significant on everything.

most zergs seem to do some kind of heavy early rush with various combinations of lings roaches and hydras and then they kinda crumble after that. fast expand and rush to storm rapes face if you scout and add cannons properly.
You have your own beta account yet idra or are u sharing with artosis?
When the spirit is not altogether slain, great loss teaches men and women to desire greatly, both for themselves and for others.
Konni
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany3044 Posts
February 18 2010 10:00 GMT
#80
OK just some random thoughts (haven't slept that much and I am at work right now):
I got a Studio 15 from Dell (2x T8300, Mobility Radeon HD 3450) and it runs SC2. But I have to set all options to low otherwise the game's reactions are quite slow although they're always smooth.

Played toss because it looks the coolest from what I've seen. So far I'd say mass zealots own in pvp. If the game takes a little longer and doesn't evolve into who has more zealots, Immortals are the shit :D They own stalkers, cannons, buildings and even zealots in small numbers.
pvz was hard, I only won one game where my opponent was vastly inferior. Died once to 7pool and once to 2hatch speedlings. Had no chance at all. (I was platinum division 3 rank 2 when I left)

I didn't notice any lag at all. Blizzard has done a great job with that.

Like FA, I'm really missing channels. You are in b.net playing, but you are alone. If you don't have friends online it's just not as much fun. Also ingame I didn't find a way to reply to a friend outside the game.

Hotkeys are not customizable (from what I can tell). But they are fine. Most common things are on E, like the pylon or probe. Some BW-hotkey combinations still work bc - cannon, bn - nexus and so on.

With terran I noticed: If you have 2 factories hotkeyed (one with tech lab, one with reactor) and you build 3 hellions they all line up in the one with the techlab. Don't know if that's intentional or an error what. I had to bind all facs with tech lab to one hotkey and with reactor to another hotkey.

Surprise attacks are imba Either phase prism with 8 warp gates pumping or a stalker blink up with a full group of them. It's very hard to see it coming because it happens so fast.
Warpgates are really good. Build 1 phase prism, fly over to the enemy base (in the back) and insta-warp-in 8 zeals or some dts or high temps/zeals. So much fun!

Resumee: The game is sooo much fun!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech2
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 404
Horang2 277
Larva 232
EffOrt 161
Mind 77
Hyun 61
scan(afreeca) 43
Killer 40
NotJumperer 40
Bale 39
[ Show more ]
Sharp 27
sorry 25
ggaemo 24
Shinee 18
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 5
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto113
League of Legends
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1223
edward147
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King105
Other Games
summit1g8196
ceh9637
Happy366
crisheroes199
Sick156
dupreeh69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick567
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Jankos1132
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
35m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 35m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 35m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.