• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8530 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 76

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 234 Next
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-27 04:32:46
October 27 2015 04:32 GMT
#1501
My appetite went kaput recently and I'm not sure why. I've never had a super active lifestyle-- decent amount of walking around, but essentially I have a desk job and when I come home and I sit and read, browse the internet, play games. Still, the disappearance of my appetite has been pretty recent.

Far as workout goes, I just do a pretty simple daily thing of bodyweight exercises-- a couple pushup, pullup and situp variations with a good bit of stretching. I had more caffeine that usual the last couple weeks, but I'm down to a morning cup and it should be affecting me this late (11PM). I'm sitting here with a half eaten thing of pasta with meat sauce and veggies.

Any potential reasons ya'll can think of? I'd like to keep piling on calories, but the appetite thing is killing me. My routine seems okay-- I keep pushing up the reps/sets I do. It's no substitute for actually getting a gym membership, but I'm too lazy to drive there several times a week and kinda cheap, but I need more calories. I gained like 20 pounds from eating big lunches since started work 5 months ago (no fat to show) and I've dropped a few since I stopped eating as much.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
peanuts
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States1225 Posts
October 27 2015 06:15 GMT
#1502
Ticklish, what kind of foods are you eating? Would you say you aren't hungry in general, or are you just getting full very fast?
Writer"My greatest skill is my enjoyment of the game" - Grubby | @TL_Peanuts
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-27 06:52:08
October 27 2015 06:50 GMT
#1503
Just not very hungry. I eat lunch okay, but dinner has become kind of a meh whatever for the most part. Stomach is very slightly upset-- maybe a bit gassy or bloated?

Usually dot eat breakfast, but I munch on something (usually some sort of frackers) through the day. Lunch is usually pizza, burger or sometimes a salad. Not fast food-grade but not exactly the healthiest of meals. Sometimes I go veggie and do a veggie burger or some sort of steamed veggie. Dinner is any sort of thing. Either way, I've been trying to keep a healthy diet with all my vitamins and a decent amount of fiber while cutting carbs a little.

I'm thinking of switching out my crackers for veggies and beef jerky or something but not sure what to do. Maybe I should yoghurt it up for awhile too.

On the other hand, I went to a decent-grade sushi buffet a few days ago with a friend and pigged out. Maybe I've become a overly picky eater or something?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 27 2015 07:05 GMT
#1504
That happens to me at least, from time to time. My appetite comes and goes, every two months or so which is why I count calories to make sure I'm sticking to my goals. Been that way for at least five years, since I got seriously into lifting (and the associated eating) - before that I just never had any appetite at all, ever.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
October 27 2015 07:32 GMT
#1505
Yeah, as long as I'm not developing colon cancer or something.aybe just go super calorie dense to trick myself into getting enough stuff.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-27 07:55:00
October 27 2015 07:51 GMT
#1506
you literally munch on crackers all day and wonder why you arent that hungry at night? :D
i would say just make sure you are getting a large protein intake every day, if you're not then that's the bigger issue to address. you wont be from pasta, crackers, greens and office pizza
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
October 27 2015 08:20 GMT
#1507
I mean it wasn't really a problem for the first few months lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-27 19:34:39
October 27 2015 19:34 GMT
#1508
3rd week back at the gym after 4 months without touching a single barbell and I LOST A LOOOOT.

The dark side is that I went back to square one : Weakest guy at the gym.
On the bright side 4 news skinny guys register so I'm only 5th starting from the bottom ....

No one is doing Oly, they all quit or switch to Powerlifting so I'm doing stronglift for 3 months, then I'll see.

2015-2016 PR :
Back squat : 5x5 65kg
Front squat : 5x5 48kg
Bench Press : 5x5 45kg
Military Press : 5x5 35kg
Rowing : 5x5 47,5kg
Deadlift : 5x5 60 kg

I rowed today with a drag factor of 110 (is that good ?) :
2k for 9min40s
4x500m all under 2min15
2k for 10min54
Then Back and abs and stretching
My mobility improved a looot in a year, but my hips and hamstring are still shit. I need to work on that.
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
October 27 2015 22:17 GMT
#1509
A drag factor of 110-130 is good for an adult male. I would not recommend doing 2k distances for no reason - if you want to build up fitness just do steady state for 2x20 mins straight at an easy pace (my 2k split is 1:36~, I SS at 1:55-2:00).
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 28 2015 03:19 GMT
#1510
2ks are fun. And by that I mean hard and fucking exhausting. And wtf your 2k split is like my 750-1k split (and i would die immediately after)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-28 19:51:04
October 28 2015 11:02 GMT
#1511
On October 28 2015 07:17 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
A drag factor of 110-130 is good for an adult male. I would not recommend doing 2k distances for no reason - if you want to build up fitness just do steady state for 2x20 mins straight at an easy pace (my 2k split is 1:36~, I SS at 1:55-2:00).


I want to get better at rowing, When summer is back me and my dad we are going to row and there is no way I'm a burden for a 52 years old ....
I can row only once a week for now what would you recommend to improve ? I thought HIT was better than steady pace

Edit :


Today session, how is my Deadlift form ? I feel like my neck isn't align with my spine, I should watch the ground at the start
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-28 21:12:41
October 28 2015 21:04 GMT
#1512
video is private


weekly rundown

+ Show Spoiler +

21/10/2015
br, dl, pu, run 22

22/10/2015
sr, ohp, punch, lrdr, ab, fr

23/10/2015
punch, dc, fc, wc, run 34

24/10/2015
punch, sq

25/10/2015
br, pu, run 34

26/10/2015
bp, ab, dip

27/10/2015
sq, dl

28/10/2015
punch, br, pu, run 34


a few words on the week

0 cigarettes
several home-made sandwiches instead of shop ones
several days of healthy tinned tuna/carrots/potatoes
but still too many mcdonalds and pizzas *types this immediately after ordering 2x large pizzas*
guitar practice going just fine (given the circumstances)
sleep going ok, much to my disbelief (generally lights off at 9pm, listen to swan song until 10pm. right now its 9.10pm and i done literally nothing except gym and write this, sigh)
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
October 28 2015 21:15 GMT
#1513
It should work now
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-28 21:20:26
October 28 2015 21:18 GMT
#1514
i fink ur supposed to do a controlled descent, not sure. you collapse ur back after the pull like crazy. if anything that bounce looks horribly jarring :D you can descend bending your hips instead of your back , the same way you rose, or whatever
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 29 2015 01:23 GMT
#1515
Looks pretty good overall. Dropping the bar is okay w/ bumper plates, although I'd advise controlling it down just to get some extra work in, especially at light weights.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
October 29 2015 23:50 GMT
#1516
rofl this is the guy who's music i always run to, i didn't realise he was a gym guy himself
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
October 30 2015 00:13 GMT
#1517
If you want to get better at rowing, reddit.com/r/rowing is a surprisingly good resource. I pull a 15 sec 100m, 1:21 500m. Stamina was never my strength haha, 2muchsquats4me.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 30 2015 04:06 GMT
#1518
310 squat went up pretty easy for 3x3 tonight. 3 plates next week, I'll try to get a video. Worked up to a 385 deadlift triple after that. Put 405 on the bar, got it about an inch off the floor and got stuck. I think I'll pull some volume around 345 next week, and then go after 405 again the week after. Weighed in at 196 for this, but I was 203 yesterday because of course I was, even though I eat exactly the same thing every day.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
October 30 2015 16:20 GMT
#1519
I gained like 15 when I started work, lost 10 over the last couple weeks. Weight makes zero sense, strength is more important
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-30 20:38:40
October 30 2015 20:38 GMT
#1520
5km in 34m already get rekt
(takes 0.48km for me to get off the treadmill aftwards just to prevent heart attack)
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.