• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8530 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 75

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 234 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 25 2015 02:24 GMT
#1481
If you cant do a proper bodyweight squat, work on your mobility. If you can and it doesnt hurt, add a barbell. Work up slowly from there. Address imbalances and mobility issues that could cause pain.

"maybe something will get better on it's own accord" is a fairly terrible mindset to approach anything with. Set goals and fix anything that's in between you and them. Keep doing a proper squat to whatever depth with whatever weight you can and then dedicate some time to improving that.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
October 25 2015 16:32 GMT
#1482
things dont get better on their own. you are just going to be ignoring things until you get hurt again and realize you wasted weeks or months. addressing mobility aggressively is the best thing you can do, especially if you are closer to 30 than 18.


i recommend front squats to everyone. less chance to hurt your back and still work your quads as well as a back squat but w less weight. i do high rep goblet squats or those crossfitty wall ball squats at the end of a workout after hitting my quads really hard with the exercises before, oftentimes having started with front squats or bulgarian squats that day. walking lunges always great. i cannot recommend GHRs highly enough, since I do them like 3-4 times a week now. deficit trap bar deadlifts are also a pretty good leg workout.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
October 25 2015 17:08 GMT
#1483
Hey guys, my schedule force me to run at around 7:30pm, which is kind of annoying because I don't know when to eat.

Should I eat before ? If yes, when ? 1 hour is enough ? Or after, but that's kindof late since I come back at around 8:30pm and I prefere cooking.

I don't want to feel bloated when running, but I don't want to lack energy either. I used to run in the mid-afternoon (4pm), so I had my meal long before, and something like a banana before.

So, should I run before or after a run ? If before, how long before.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
October 25 2015 18:46 GMT
#1484
btw last nite i was desperate for some chocolate and made the mistake of checking marks daily apple before going to get some then went and bought 2 bars of "90% cocoa" dark chocolate, not only does it taste like absolute shit but apparently i'm allergic to it and sneeze after every square and now it looks like i've taken a shit all over my desk, my bed, my floor and my white tracksuit top and bottoms. after that i went out and bought 2 mcdonalds instead
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 25 2015 20:03 GMT
#1485
On October 26 2015 02:08 Faust852 wrote:
Hey guys, my schedule force me to run at around 7:30pm, which is kind of annoying because I don't know when to eat.

Should I eat before ? If yes, when ? 1 hour is enough ? Or after, but that's kindof late since I come back at around 8:30pm and I prefere cooking.

I don't want to feel bloated when running, but I don't want to lack energy either. I used to run in the mid-afternoon (4pm), so I had my meal long before, and something like a banana before.

So, should I run before or after a run ? If before, how long before.


When I used to be a runner, I would be able to get by with eating whatever I wanted so long as it was ~3 hours or so before the run. Any closer and I would have to be conscious of the amount and the fat/carb/protein content. Too many variables to really suggest something though without knowing what the rest of your schedule is like, and what kind of food you're talking about eating.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
October 25 2015 20:59 GMT
#1486
you bought 2 mcdonalds? what?

The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-25 21:20:53
October 25 2015 21:18 GMT
#1487
For the front squat, is it ok to use the crossed arms to support the bar? The other way is not very comfortable even only two fingers.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 25 2015 23:29 GMT
#1488
On October 26 2015 06:18 Jerubaal wrote:
For the front squat, is it ok to use the crossed arms to support the bar? The other way is not very comfortable even only two fingers.


no, that means your mobility sucks and you need to work on it.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
October 26 2015 00:21 GMT
#1489
I disagree. I use straps wrapped around the bar, with one end pointing up and I grab the ends.

www.youtube.com
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 26 2015 00:46 GMT
#1490
On October 26 2015 06:18 Jerubaal wrote:
For the front squat, is it ok to use the crossed arms to support the bar? The other way is not very comfortable even only two fingers.

It's not the worst thing in the world but you should aim to progress towards being able to do it the other way.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
October 26 2015 10:09 GMT
#1491
On October 26 2015 05:03 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2015 02:08 Faust852 wrote:
Hey guys, my schedule force me to run at around 7:30pm, which is kind of annoying because I don't know when to eat.

Should I eat before ? If yes, when ? 1 hour is enough ? Or after, but that's kindof late since I come back at around 8:30pm and I prefere cooking.

I don't want to feel bloated when running, but I don't want to lack energy either. I used to run in the mid-afternoon (4pm), so I had my meal long before, and something like a banana before.

So, should I run before or after a run ? If before, how long before.


When I used to be a runner, I would be able to get by with eating whatever I wanted so long as it was ~3 hours or so before the run. Any closer and I would have to be conscious of the amount and the fat/carb/protein content. Too many variables to really suggest something though without knowing what the rest of your schedule is like, and what kind of food you're talking about eating.
.
So I eat something at noon, usually eggs/bacon, or a sandwich if I don't have the time. At 4pm I eat a fruit, like a banana.
Recently I'm running with one of my roommate, but she's only avaible at around 7:30pm, that's really late and I feel somewhat hungry.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 26 2015 13:13 GMT
#1492
On October 26 2015 19:09 Faust852 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2015 05:03 phyre112 wrote:
On October 26 2015 02:08 Faust852 wrote:
Hey guys, my schedule force me to run at around 7:30pm, which is kind of annoying because I don't know when to eat.

Should I eat before ? If yes, when ? 1 hour is enough ? Or after, but that's kindof late since I come back at around 8:30pm and I prefere cooking.

I don't want to feel bloated when running, but I don't want to lack energy either. I used to run in the mid-afternoon (4pm), so I had my meal long before, and something like a banana before.

So, should I run before or after a run ? If before, how long before.


When I used to be a runner, I would be able to get by with eating whatever I wanted so long as it was ~3 hours or so before the run. Any closer and I would have to be conscious of the amount and the fat/carb/protein content. Too many variables to really suggest something though without knowing what the rest of your schedule is like, and what kind of food you're talking about eating.
.
So I eat something at noon, usually eggs/bacon, or a sandwich if I don't have the time. At 4pm I eat a fruit, like a banana.
Recently I'm running with one of my roommate, but she's only avaible at around 7:30pm, that's really late and I feel somewhat hungry.


Eat some actual food there. I suggest 2-4 eggs. If you need something that doesn't require cooking, get some type of nuts.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
October 26 2015 20:20 GMT
#1493
how can u listen to miku hatsune at 200% volume if ur running with ur housemate huh

*just finished 418g of tinned salmon on a guilt trip after driving out to get 2x mcdonalds strawberry milkshakes at 10pm last nite then almost having a stroke 20 mins later rofl*
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 26 2015 20:54 GMT
#1494
On October 26 2015 19:09 Faust852 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2015 05:03 phyre112 wrote:
On October 26 2015 02:08 Faust852 wrote:
Hey guys, my schedule force me to run at around 7:30pm, which is kind of annoying because I don't know when to eat.

Should I eat before ? If yes, when ? 1 hour is enough ? Or after, but that's kindof late since I come back at around 8:30pm and I prefere cooking.

I don't want to feel bloated when running, but I don't want to lack energy either. I used to run in the mid-afternoon (4pm), so I had my meal long before, and something like a banana before.

So, should I run before or after a run ? If before, how long before.


When I used to be a runner, I would be able to get by with eating whatever I wanted so long as it was ~3 hours or so before the run. Any closer and I would have to be conscious of the amount and the fat/carb/protein content. Too many variables to really suggest something though without knowing what the rest of your schedule is like, and what kind of food you're talking about eating.
.
So I eat something at noon, usually eggs/bacon, or a sandwich if I don't have the time. At 4pm I eat a fruit, like a banana.
Recently I'm running with one of my roommate, but she's only avaible at around 7:30pm, that's really late and I feel somewhat hungry.

Why not eat a full meal at ~4pm then?
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
October 26 2015 22:08 GMT
#1495
On October 27 2015 05:54 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2015 19:09 Faust852 wrote:
On October 26 2015 05:03 phyre112 wrote:
On October 26 2015 02:08 Faust852 wrote:
Hey guys, my schedule force me to run at around 7:30pm, which is kind of annoying because I don't know when to eat.

Should I eat before ? If yes, when ? 1 hour is enough ? Or after, but that's kindof late since I come back at around 8:30pm and I prefere cooking.

I don't want to feel bloated when running, but I don't want to lack energy either. I used to run in the mid-afternoon (4pm), so I had my meal long before, and something like a banana before.

So, should I run before or after a run ? If before, how long before.


When I used to be a runner, I would be able to get by with eating whatever I wanted so long as it was ~3 hours or so before the run. Any closer and I would have to be conscious of the amount and the fat/carb/protein content. Too many variables to really suggest something though without knowing what the rest of your schedule is like, and what kind of food you're talking about eating.
.
So I eat something at noon, usually eggs/bacon, or a sandwich if I don't have the time. At 4pm I eat a fruit, like a banana.
Recently I'm running with one of my roommate, but she's only avaible at around 7:30pm, that's really late and I feel somewhat hungry.

Why not eat a full meal at ~4pm then?


I don't really have the time to cook at 4PM. Plus the guy above sai I should eat a couple of egg at that time, that much is managable, I'll give it a go.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
October 26 2015 22:22 GMT
#1496
have some eggs boiled n have an egg mayo sandwicherino
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 26 2015 22:41 GMT
#1497
Is it generally easier to lose muscle in your legs than upper body? Whenever I take a break I notice my squat is harder to get back than bench.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
October 26 2015 23:02 GMT
#1498
Nope, that's going to be mostly a result of genetics and daily routine. My chest strength goes very quickly outside the gym whereas my legs remain pretty steadily strong throughout a break.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-27 00:48:59
October 27 2015 00:48 GMT
#1499
I could probably take a break from legs forever and still squat 315 ten times.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 27 2015 01:46 GMT
#1500
Squatted up to 440, about a billion clean + clean + jerks up to 295, rows and presses. Felt good to move some weight around. I've been slacking off the last few weeks (maybe longer) between getting a new job, traveling, and rugby. I never would have let that be a reason to skip a workout a year ago though. Time to get back at it.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.