• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:48
CEST 20:48
KST 03:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7325 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 77

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 234 Next
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
November 01 2015 19:31 GMT
#1521
Just hit a 155 lbs OHP @161 lbs bodyweight! I'm still recovering form the lower back injury, but I feel absolutely ecstatic and I'm just so happy. I feel like I could've done more, but I did small 5 pound jumps every time, starting at 140 lbs. Feels good guys
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 02 2015 13:18 GMT
#1522
Wow nice OHP, grats!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
November 02 2015 14:29 GMT
#1523
Gogo 1BW OHP!
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 04 2015 13:36 GMT
#1524
Don't know if anyone has heard of the Slingshot Hip Circle but I have been loving using it to warm up. Starting to make a difference I think.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-06 03:46:38
November 06 2015 03:25 GMT
#1525
I've been thinking about getting a hip circle, I suppose I'll add it to my amazon shopping list and then toss it in my gym bag, if I can find any room in there.

Hit my 2/3/4 plate goals. Texas Method is awesome. Goddamn that was along time in coming.

States for Rugby saturday.

I think I'm going to switch back to a bodybuilding split I've done in the past for the next 12 weeks and try to put on 12 pounds, then go back to TM after that. With rugby about to be over, I think I'll go crazy only lifting three days a week. Tried it today, and my front squat is up about 60 pounds since the start of august despite not doing a single front squat between then and now. Not surprising, since I've put about a hundred on my back squat though.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-06 21:25:36
November 06 2015 21:17 GMT
#1526
On November 06 2015 12:25 phyre112 wrote:
I've been thinking about getting a hip circle, I suppose I'll add it to my amazon shopping list and then toss it in my gym bag, if I can find any room in there.

Hit my 2/3/4 plate goals. Texas Method is awesome. Goddamn that was along time in coming.

States for Rugby saturday.

I think I'm going to switch back to a bodybuilding split I've done in the past for the next 12 weeks and try to put on 12 pounds, then go back to TM after that. With rugby about to be over, I think I'll go crazy only lifting three days a week. Tried it today, and my front squat is up about 60 pounds since the start of august despite not doing a single front squat between then and now. Not surprising, since I've put about a hundred on my back squat though.


Bodybuilding split is best split.

I found this awesome book from 1981 at a thrift shop for $0.38.

[image loading]

So I was able to do some bodybuilding archaeology. In it Weider says that Frank Zane and others would take weeks or a month off entirely from the gym in the middle of the year, like after the Olympia. So I was inspired to take a week or more off completely, which I haven't done since the spring when I stopped to let some triceps tendinitis recover.

I've been going to yoga everyday instead and my hips are feeling like they've never felt. The alignment and looseness of my hips, groin, and lower back are better than they've ever been. I totally recommend it for people who are having hip and hamstring flexibility for their squats and deadlifts. I also recommend taking some time off, with the caveat that it should be earned. I've been hitting the gym to lift 4-5 times a week for the last 7 months without a break.

I rowed a 5k today to keep my cardio up in 18:35.0. Still had some left in the tank though. It's always interesting to me how unbearable it is between about 4 and 8 minutes in, then you settle into a sick rhythm until the end stretch.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
November 06 2015 21:38 GMT
#1527
Failed my first squat serie today at 77.5kg, that was scary !
Still weak
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-07 09:13:48
November 07 2015 09:02 GMT
#1528
do you listen to music/headphoens when you row? if not you should try it, its literally better than sex (it is for running anyway, i dont row) (i dont have sex actually either)

done fuck all this week except spend 6 hours/night shopping for guitars, ran 2x for 34mins and like 2 gym sessions and survived on 4 hrs/slep a night somehow, got this MONDAY off work and really lookin forward to getting my car fixed, catching up on sleep, playing my new guitar that just got here finally after shopping/deliberating for X weeks and getting back to a gym routine and not eating 3 kfcs and 22 profiteroles and thinking i've got deep vein thrombosis every time i wake up the next morning
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
November 07 2015 12:39 GMT
#1529
Took time off deadlifts and squats for a couple of weeks due to a glute strain. Came back to the gym on Thurs. Left glute still felt a little painful, but decided to try and hit a heavy single for deadlifts anyway. Managed to to pull 375lbs conventional, with my best pull being 405lbs Sumo.

Glad I could pull this much without any peaking whatsoever and with only 1 working glute.
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
November 07 2015 17:54 GMT
#1530
You don't have to train deadlifts very often if you are otherwise training to maintain deadlift strength.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 07 2015 21:50 GMT
#1531
On November 08 2015 02:54 IgnE wrote:
You don't have to train deadlifts very often if you are otherwise training to maintain deadlift strength.


Squats and oly lifts build them nicely, up to a point.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17890 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-07 22:21:43
November 07 2015 22:18 GMT
#1532
On November 07 2015 06:17 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2015 12:25 phyre112 wrote:
I've been thinking about getting a hip circle, I suppose I'll add it to my amazon shopping list and then toss it in my gym bag, if I can find any room in there.

Hit my 2/3/4 plate goals. Texas Method is awesome. Goddamn that was along time in coming.

States for Rugby saturday.

I think I'm going to switch back to a bodybuilding split I've done in the past for the next 12 weeks and try to put on 12 pounds, then go back to TM after that. With rugby about to be over, I think I'll go crazy only lifting three days a week. Tried it today, and my front squat is up about 60 pounds since the start of august despite not doing a single front squat between then and now. Not surprising, since I've put about a hundred on my back squat though.


Bodybuilding split is best split.

I found this awesome book from 1981 at a thrift shop for $0.38.

[image loading]


i'm way too stupid and lazy to read all that detailed stuff.
i just do the StrongLifts.com 5X5 basic work out. i downloaded it for free.
i highly recommend StrongLifts.com 5X5 ; i think its a great program.

it involves squats, deadlifts, bent over rows, bench press, overhead/military press, pull ups, chin ups, and dips.
http://stronglifts.com/

There is also a new fitness craze hitting southern california
get a ripped muscular body without ever stepping foot in a gym.

Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 07 2015 22:21 GMT
#1533
I keep hearing that, but I brought my backsquat up over 100 lbs, continued to pull heavy once a week and do variations twice a weak, and only put 20-30 on my deadlift with Texas method in two months.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 07 2015 22:23 GMT
#1534
You guys are ridiculous. I'm happy with 20 pounds a year on my lifts.

The guy on the video seems like he forgot to eat aswell.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
November 07 2015 22:36 GMT
#1535
On November 08 2015 07:23 GoTuNk! wrote:
You guys are ridiculous. I'm happy with 20 pounds a year on my lifts.

The guy on the video seems like he forgot to eat aswell.

How about we all get to your strength first?

Also I'm pretty happy because I got into yoga for next semester! Free A and I get to do some stretching as part of a class. I don't really see any downsides to this.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
November 08 2015 00:27 GMT
#1536
i wud get a D in yoga
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 08 2015 08:24 GMT
#1537
On November 08 2015 07:23 GoTuNk! wrote:
You guys are ridiculous. I'm happy with 20 pounds a year on my lifts.

The guy on the video seems like he forgot to eat aswell.


If I were lifting what you're lifting relative to my weight class, I would be ecstatic about 20 lbs on my lifts in a year. If I only made 20 lbs progress a year on my DL I wouldn't hit a wilks like you're hitting until I was 40.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 08 2015 10:15 GMT
#1538
On November 08 2015 07:23 GoTuNk! wrote:
You guys are ridiculous. I'm happy with 20 pounds a year on my lifts.

The guy on the video seems like he forgot to eat aswell.

I'll be happy if I add one pound to my squat, fs, clean, jerk, or snatch in the next year.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
November 09 2015 08:34 GMT
#1539
On November 08 2015 07:18 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2015 06:17 IgnE wrote:
On November 06 2015 12:25 phyre112 wrote:
I've been thinking about getting a hip circle, I suppose I'll add it to my amazon shopping list and then toss it in my gym bag, if I can find any room in there.

Hit my 2/3/4 plate goals. Texas Method is awesome. Goddamn that was along time in coming.

States for Rugby saturday.

I think I'm going to switch back to a bodybuilding split I've done in the past for the next 12 weeks and try to put on 12 pounds, then go back to TM after that. With rugby about to be over, I think I'll go crazy only lifting three days a week. Tried it today, and my front squat is up about 60 pounds since the start of august despite not doing a single front squat between then and now. Not surprising, since I've put about a hundred on my back squat though.


Bodybuilding split is best split.

I found this awesome book from 1981 at a thrift shop for $0.38.

[image loading]


i'm way too stupid and lazy to read all that detailed stuff.
i just do the StrongLifts.com 5X5 basic work out. i downloaded it for free.
i highly recommend StrongLifts.com 5X5 ; i think its a great program.

it involves squats, deadlifts, bent over rows, bench press, overhead/military press, pull ups, chin ups, and dips.
http://stronglifts.com/

There is also a new fitness craze hitting southern california
get a ripped muscular body without ever stepping foot in a gym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLYuDlbAhng


That is some nice comedy right there. His speech has everything you would expect: Little self-esteem, hard childhood, bad jobs, bad lifestyle, turned it all around (without much effort), now wants to help people, knows a celebrity.
Well, Jesus is missing. But maybe they can fit him into the next show he attends.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
November 11 2015 22:09 GMT
#1540
It was my Birthday yesterday and I bought a Concept 2 (spoiled brat I know)
I did 4x15min steady state with 2'15 splits Oo

My best time before was 9'40 on a 2K ....
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 240
ProTech164
BRAT_OK 52
MindelVK 26
JuggernautJason20
CosmosSc2 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23630
Shuttle 694
Hyuk 174
White-Ra 140
Dewaltoss 98
firebathero 76
Trap 48
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 23
Shine 19
[ Show more ]
Bale 17
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9761
qojqva1524
Counter-Strike
fl0m1560
Fnx 811
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2113
Khaldor1361
crisheroes1314
Liquid`Hasu460
Other Games
summit1g4186
FrodaN1534
Beastyqt638
Mlord318
XBOCT296
C9.Mang0185
ArmadaUGS179
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 75
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 12m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 12m
Online Event
16h 12m
FEL
21h 12m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.