• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:58
CEST 02:58
KST 09:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8886 users

NBA Offseason 2014 - Page 25

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 118 Next
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
July 08 2014 03:19 GMT
#481
parsons hasn't played good defense since his 1st year though... :O
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 08 2014 03:49 GMT
#482
dwight 21.4
harden 14.7
Role players 6.6
Jeremy Lin 15

that jeremy lin contract ~_~!

Houston's role players aren't terrible.. Patrick Beverly is nice, Terrence Jones and the Eastern Euro guy aren't bad. They could unload the others though. Can they dump Lin to Philly tho?
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-08 04:43:10
July 08 2014 04:41 GMT
#483
On July 08 2014 11:51 Jerubaal wrote:
I don't get how Miami can't afford to pay James/Bosh/Wade and still have a roster but Houston can pay Howard/Harden/Bosh. Actually I'm shocked Harden is only getting paid less than $15 million. (Why did he leave OKC again?) Their roster is as thin as the Heat's once you get past those players.

I keep saying this but the max contract isn't the same for all players, it's based off on how long you've been in the league. Harden is getting 5/80, which I believe is the max for him but if it's not it's close. The reason LBJ/Bosh/Wade/Melo can get more is because they've been in the league longer. Their max contracts are all worth more than Harden's max, or for that matter Hayward/Parson's max, which is why people saying "if LBJ doesn't get the max idk why Hayward/Parsons would" isn't a good comparison because one player's max is cheaper than the other. (If those players are worth their lower max is another discussion altogether).

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16
for the precise numbers re salary caps.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-08 04:44:34
July 08 2014 04:42 GMT
#484
Ah, I see. I did not know that, although it makes sense.

Regardless, 15 million seems excessive for Wade (but maybe not his ego) and reasonable for Bosh. You could just pencil in James for Howard, Wade for Harden and Bosh for Bosh.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
July 08 2014 04:49 GMT
#485
I think the max for Bosh would be expensive for what the Heat are using him for, but I think he still has pre-Heat Bosh in him and he just took a backseat to LBJ. If he were to leave for another team I think he'd take on a larger role and do more/earn the money.

I was thinking about the Heat's FA stuff earlier and I think they know what the big 3 are gonna do, and at this point I think they're staying. Otherwise why would you spend your money on Granger and McRoberts if you potentially had hella cap space and no stars? If they didn't know what the big 3 were gonna do I think they'd save their money and either tank for the next round of huge (read Durant's) free agencies or start going after Stephenson/Parsons etc.
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
July 08 2014 04:50 GMT
#486
..and Los Angeles Clippers forward Danny Granger on a two-year, $4.2 million deal.


is that 4.2 per year or 2.1m per year? kinda cheap to get for Granger
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
July 08 2014 04:51 GMT
#487
It would be for pre-injury Granger but dude's basically a benchwarmer at this point.
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
July 08 2014 05:07 GMT
#488
I'm gonna be pissed if Rockets get nobody good this off-season. We're not gonna be able to realistically contend for a while...




On July 08 2014 13:50 icystorage wrote:
Show nested quote +
..and Los Angeles Clippers forward Danny Granger on a two-year, $4.2 million deal.


is that 4.2 per year or 2.1m per year? kinda cheap to get for Granger


2.1m
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
July 08 2014 05:23 GMT
#489
On July 08 2014 12:05 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2014 11:51 Jerubaal wrote:
I don't get how Miami can't afford to pay James/Bosh/Wade and still have a roster but Houston can pay Howard/Harden/Bosh. Actually I'm shocked Harden is only getting paid less than $15 million. (Why did he leave OKC again?) Their roster is as thin as the Heat's once you get past those players.

im guessing you're being rhetorical since you seem to get it

to correct you, harden was traded, because he didnt take okc's salary offer (4/52 versus 5/78 or something of the sort)

agreed, the roster will be thin... also im not sure of mchales coaching prowess. he is staying, right?


yes...mchale is back...sigh. don't remind me. apprently we are looking at hollins/brown as "assistants" lol
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
July 08 2014 05:33 GMT
#490
On July 08 2014 14:23 Doraemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2014 12:05 rabidch wrote:
On July 08 2014 11:51 Jerubaal wrote:
I don't get how Miami can't afford to pay James/Bosh/Wade and still have a roster but Houston can pay Howard/Harden/Bosh. Actually I'm shocked Harden is only getting paid less than $15 million. (Why did he leave OKC again?) Their roster is as thin as the Heat's once you get past those players.

im guessing you're being rhetorical since you seem to get it

to correct you, harden was traded, because he didnt take okc's salary offer (4/52 versus 5/78 or something of the sort)

agreed, the roster will be thin... also im not sure of mchales coaching prowess. he is staying, right?


yes...mchale is back...sigh. don't remind me. apprently we are looking at hollins/brown as "assistants" lol


I have some bad news for you.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
July 08 2014 09:53 GMT
#491
On July 08 2014 12:49 Xeris wrote:
dwight 21.4
harden 14.7
Role players 6.6
Jeremy Lin 15

that jeremy lin contract ~_~!

Houston's role players aren't terrible.. Patrick Beverly is nice, Terrence Jones and the Eastern Euro guy aren't bad. They could unload the others though. Can they dump Lin to Philly tho?


Lin's contract is only on the books for $8mill.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 08 2014 11:54 GMT
#492
so channing frye took like a million more to go from a contender to a lottery team.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
July 08 2014 14:30 GMT
#493
Hey guys, how would I go about watching the NBA in a pretty intensive way from Europe? Can I grab a paid subscription somewhere to a decent quality stream?
I've read about the NBA League Pass, is that what I should look into? Here I guess it's last year's pass. Is it really 20$ per year because that's pretty cheap. From what I recall it was much more expensive than that.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-08 14:41:22
July 08 2014 14:40 GMT
#494
On July 08 2014 23:30 ZenithM wrote:
Hey guys, how would I go about watching the NBA in a pretty intensive way from Europe? Can I grab a paid subscription somewhere to a decent quality stream?
I've read about the NBA League Pass, is that what I should look into? Here I guess it's last year's pass. Is it really 20$ per year because that's pretty cheap. From what I recall it was much more expensive than that.


hey there, league pass is incredible for anywhere outside of the USA, this is because a lot of the national televised games are blacked out on league pass for them. a bunch of friends and i have been using it for a few years now and it's great, you can even share accounts if you're lucky as sometimes they can't detect simultaneous log-ins.

anyway. $20 doesn't sound right. might be a playoffs package or something

full price is around $200 per season, but there's usually a sale for ~$100 for the season (including playoffs), and if you can split it's only $50/pp. which is plenty cheap

league pass has every game live or on demand, including playoffs. very worthwhile investment if you are really into the game
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
July 08 2014 14:43 GMT
#495
On July 08 2014 23:30 ZenithM wrote:
Hey guys, how would I go about watching the NBA in a pretty intensive way from Europe? Can I grab a paid subscription somewhere to a decent quality stream?
I've read about the NBA League Pass, is that what I should look into? Here I guess it's last year's pass. Is it really 20$ per year because that's pretty cheap. From what I recall it was much more expensive than that.

Yea I remember it being 5 times that for the regular season, and another 100$ for the playoffs.
Weird.
jdsowa
Profile Joined March 2011
405 Posts
July 08 2014 14:44 GMT
#496
On July 08 2014 12:09 oneofthem wrote:
someone posted a graph of points differential immediately following a coach time out, and houston was so bad it was just absurd.

houston may have a lot of shiny pieces and a popular on the internet gm but it's kind of problematic and curious that this supposed smart team is bleeding away huge points on all the nonshiny stuff like defense and coaching.


The best analogy for what Morey's done in Houston is an indie band that kind of hit a ceiling in terms of critical appreciation, and now wants to see how successful they can be by putting out more mainstream material. Overachieving and landing an #8 seed with a roster of nobodies is cool for a couple years, but ultimately you (and your boss) want something more. Now they've got big names, they're selling tickets, they're hovering in top 3-5 in the Western Conference, and there's a buzz around their franchise.

Plus, at this point, there isn't anyone in the league that doesn't appreciate analytics. It's hard to imagine that Houston is operating with much of an information advantage. It's also hard to tell how many of their shortcomings are due to coaching/system.
FakePseudo
Profile Joined January 2012
Belgium716 Posts
July 08 2014 14:47 GMT
#497
On July 08 2014 23:40 Doraemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2014 23:30 ZenithM wrote:
Hey guys, how would I go about watching the NBA in a pretty intensive way from Europe? Can I grab a paid subscription somewhere to a decent quality stream?
I've read about the NBA League Pass, is that what I should look into? Here I guess it's last year's pass. Is it really 20$ per year because that's pretty cheap. From what I recall it was much more expensive than that.


hey there, league pass is incredible for anywhere outside of the USA, this is because a lot of the national televised games are blacked out on league pass for them. a bunch of friends and i have been using it for a few years now and it's great, you can even share accounts if you're lucky as sometimes they can't detect simultaneous log-ins.

anyway. $20 doesn't sound right. might be a playoffs package or something

full price is around $200 per season, but there's usually a sale for ~$100 for the season (including playoffs), and if you can split it's only $50/pp. which is plenty cheap

league pass has every game live or on demand, including playoffs. very worthwhile investment if you are really into the game


I'm interested in this as well...I've been looking at this "international" league pass for a while, but I always get lost in the mess of links that is that part of the nba site. And I don't understand what account it is linked to, too.
I am the 0.0007% /forum/viewpost.php?post_id=17208334|| Big Black Women Vocals Is Like Porn to my Ears ||San Antonio Spurs|Boston Celtics||#1EZToss Hater;
Haiq343
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2548 Posts
July 08 2014 14:59 GMT
#498
Find a 'contact us' email address and send them your question. The NBA would love to have your money and I'm sure they have people who could help you give it to them. They won't tell you how to share logins and other useful tricks, but ought to be able to give you information about who you can pay to watch at least.
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination encircles the world. -Einstein
jdsowa
Profile Joined March 2011
405 Posts
July 08 2014 15:02 GMT
#499
On July 08 2014 13:49 DystopiaX wrote:
I think the max for Bosh would be expensive for what the Heat are using him for, but I think he still has pre-Heat Bosh in him and he just took a backseat to LBJ. If he were to leave for another team I think he'd take on a larger role and do more/earn the money.

I was thinking about the Heat's FA stuff earlier and I think they know what the big 3 are gonna do, and at this point I think they're staying. Otherwise why would you spend your money on Granger and McRoberts if you potentially had hella cap space and no stars? If they didn't know what the big 3 were gonna do I think they'd save their money and either tank for the next round of huge (read Durant's) free agencies or start going after Stephenson/Parsons etc.


The only problem with this is that LeBron said after the Finals that the Heat need to upgrade their personnel if they want to get over the hump and compete with the Spurs. Signing Lowrey or Gortat would've qualified as the type of game changer LeBron was talking about. But obviously, Wade and Bosh weren't going to take the kind of paycuts necessary to free up that kind of room. So now, all the Heat can do is sign marginal guys like McRoberts and Granger. Those signings don't move the needle. And it's impossible to see how The Heat can really improve upon last year's team at this point. The forecast for the next 4 years is more of the same, but with declining age and ability. If LeBron goes to Cleveland, they'll almost certainly still finish #1/#2 in the East, and the young team has room to grow and develop.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
July 08 2014 15:06 GMT
#500
On July 08 2014 23:40 Doraemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2014 23:30 ZenithM wrote:
Hey guys, how would I go about watching the NBA in a pretty intensive way from Europe? Can I grab a paid subscription somewhere to a decent quality stream?
I've read about the NBA League Pass, is that what I should look into? Here I guess it's last year's pass. Is it really 20$ per year because that's pretty cheap. From what I recall it was much more expensive than that.


hey there, league pass is incredible for anywhere outside of the USA, this is because a lot of the national televised games are blacked out on league pass for them. a bunch of friends and i have been using it for a few years now and it's great, you can even share accounts if you're lucky as sometimes they can't detect simultaneous log-ins.

anyway. $20 doesn't sound right. might be a playoffs package or something

full price is around $200 per season, but there's usually a sale for ~$100 for the season (including playoffs), and if you can split it's only $50/pp. which is plenty cheap

league pass has every game live or on demand, including playoffs. very worthwhile investment if you are really into the game

Thank you for the info.
$200 is something to think about, $100 I would be more than ok with it. I'd really like to transition from watching video games back to watching a lot of basketball next year. "I love this game", as they say.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings85
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
CosmosSc2 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1843
GuemChi 1607
Artosis 630
910 56
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm148
League of Legends
Doublelift3443
Counter-Strike
taco 45
minikerr0
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox269
Other Games
summit1g8874
shahzam611
JimRising 517
C9.Mang0337
PiGStarcraft305
Maynarde143
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick905
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP74
• davetesta23
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 2m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.