• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:57
CEST 04:57
KST 11:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8419 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 257

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 255 256 257 258 259 432 Next
Doomstar1
Profile Joined July 2013
United Kingdom5 Posts
July 20 2013 02:17 GMT
#5121
Every suggestion looks good. I would go with Auto Turret on the Ravens. These are used well in mineral lines occasionally, seeker missles on the other hand might all end up being wasted on one unit that gets away in time as I believe you can double select the same unit, however you cannot place more than one auto turret in the exact same location, which works well with the hover functionality of moving the mouse while holding down the button.

I would also add to make sure that it is on the creep tumor as well building as well as the creep spell for Queens. Additionally, it might be useful for this command to be shared with one of the static defenses. Say Cannon for toss, and turret for terran, for late game defense spamming, I've certainly used it with mass spine building(although it causes a few to be void commands since the planned buildings tend to overlap). Even without rapid fire though, just moving the cursor and pressing a single letter again is a nice way to quickly build a defense line.
Copper League Top 8
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-20 03:47:22
July 20 2013 02:53 GMT
#5122
@Doomstar

You can use rapid fire on any building, in the same way you can use it to warp in any unit.

1. select worker
2. press key for build
3. press key for building
4. hold shift
5. aim and hold rapid fire

What I think you are describing is if we had the build key, rapid fire, and the building all be the same key. That is possible, but I'd be interested to see who else thinks its worth it.

EDIT: And the audio video sync for the demo I recorded is horrible... rerecording tomorrow!
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
astazha
Profile Joined June 2013
United States29 Posts
July 20 2013 11:10 GMT
#5123
I use a modified Core ZRM with rapid fire on I and some spells moved around to support that. I considered changing the build commands (or the rapidfire button) around to support 1-button spine crawler creation but decided against it. The gain didn't seem worth impacting other things.

I moved my zealots to the rapidfire button for occasional off-racing. They seem the most likely to be spammed. I have mostly not considered how these changes affect non-Zerg.
All hail the Overgoat!
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
July 20 2013 13:33 GMT
#5124
On July 10 2013 16:40 Beedebdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2013 00:55 JaKaTaK wrote:
On July 08 2013 17:00 Beedebdoo wrote:
I'm not sure what I should write above these questions, so I'll just write this.
  1. Google's spreadsheet supports comments in the individual cell. The cell gets a little mark, and when you mouse over it, you can read the comment. Would it be possible to comment on cells like Army(Terran) and Ranged(Protoss) under suggested CGs to explain what excactly is meant? (What units goes to this CG?)

  2. As to the question above: What excactly goes into the Army CG for Terran? As I understand it, it's everything except Harass, Ghosts, Tanks, Widow Mines, and Vikings.

  3. It might just be me, but I recall that you (JaK) have stated that the CGs are sorted from fastest to press, to slowest to press. -(2) for medium layouts has 3rd place, but is rated as the 7th easiest to press CG on the Archives. Why is that?

  4. Why is Select Builder banished to the far reaches of the nether? Isn't it faster than box selecting? U is free for P, R, and TRM. For Zerg layouts, I'm not as keen, but N and . are free.
Concerning #3 The order in game is based on the suggested CGs, the order in the doc is based on keyscore

I forgot to ask, what do you mean by this? The way I understand it, you're saying that Widow Mines comes before Army. The only way that would make sense, would be if -(2), in addition to Widow Mines, is used for worker scouts early game, but I might still get a harass cg before I get stuff like tanks. Could the elaborate?
I haven't seen this answered yet. It might just be that I missed it, in that case I would be appreciate any direction as to where the answer is.

A small suggestion to Zerg layouts in a hopeless attempt to get some use out of the mod + mouse buttons:
After spreading creep you need to move your camera. It's pretty efficient to use drag scroll becaise it's only a small distance. A lot of people already have their preferred drag scroll button, but I can see Ctrl - right click being advantageous since you don't have to move a finger like with middle or side mouse buttons. Of course you can preemptively move you finger (index finger too, if you're using rapid fire) so it's not as much of a speed boost as it is a change of comfort.

I'm kinda icky on the I(R) K(F) key repetition. H might aswell be load for Warp Prism/Overlord/Medivac?
astazha
Profile Joined June 2013
United States29 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-20 15:58:44
July 20 2013 15:56 GMT
#5125
I'm using Ctrl-right click as one of my free camera recalls. It doesn't feel optimum, but I don't know what else to do with it and I wanted some better solutions for spreading creep.

Edit: I like your idea. I need to figure out what else I could use for the 2nd recall.
All hail the Overgoat!
kingneckbeard
Profile Joined January 2012
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-20 16:18:29
July 20 2013 16:17 GMT
#5126
I'm not sure I completely understand this idea of having a rapid fire spell rather than a key, but if you made the rapid fire spell for queens be the inject larva, would that speed up the inject cycle? I'm pretty sure that's what this hotkey layout does

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=404476

When I looked at the document, it looked like it was going to be spawn creep tumor instead.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 20 2013 16:21 GMT
#5127
I do not understand the question (the one that wasn't answered). Could you explain it a different way?

Also, what do you mean by [i] [k] (finger) repetition? In RRM/TRM/PRM there are 5 ability keys to start and 4 fingers that can press them, so 2 of them have to be the same finger.

I don't think changing the cam would be much of an advantage.

Just updated load, nice catch
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Czarnodziej
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland624 Posts
July 20 2013 19:44 GMT
#5128
On July 21 2013 01:17 kingneckbeard wrote:
if you made the rapid fire spell for queens be the inject larva, would that speed up the inject cycle?

Not sure if serious or does not play SC2 at all.
Hint: its called "cycle" for a reason.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 20 2013 19:49 GMT
#5129
@Czar
I think he means the combination of actions it takes to inject 3-4 hatcheries.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Smackzilla
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States539 Posts
July 20 2013 20:04 GMT
#5130
On July 20 2013 03:46 teuthida wrote:
Quick 2 cents as a Terran, I really like having either hold position or stop prioritized for stutter stepping. I'm really bad at a-move (j-move ) stutter stepping. Perhaps I could get used to the change though.

If I'm reading this correct, would the rapid fire key overlap with one of the spell keys (e.g. I would be spell 1 and 'select left click target')?


I second this. Stop and hold are pretty important in my opinion. Not sure what the best solution is though.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a f&%*ing challenge - Scroobius Pip
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 20 2013 20:16 GMT
#5131
Concerning Stutter Step, as we're doing it now, one of them (up to the player to customize) will be at the [8] hotkey. Which is pretty damn close.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
astazha
Profile Joined June 2013
United States29 Posts
July 20 2013 21:57 GMT
#5132
On July 21 2013 01:17 kingneckbeard wrote:
if you made the rapid fire spell for queens be the inject larva, would that speed up the inject cycle? I'm pretty sure that's what this hotkey layout does


I think the existing inject cycle is quite fast. Making inject larva the rapid fire spell wouldn't help without significantly reworking the hotkeys because you have to take your finger off of the inject command to operate the camera.
All hail the Overgoat!
astazha
Profile Joined June 2013
United States29 Posts
July 20 2013 23:14 GMT
#5133
On July 21 2013 01:21 JaKaTaK wrote:
I don't think changing the cam would be much of an advantage.


Here's what I like about it. My whole creep cycle is now [Ctrl] based. It looks like this (modified ZRM):

Hold [Ctrl]
J - Recall camera 7
Click a creep tumor (selects them all)
I - Spread creep/rapid fire
Right click and drag - move camera
O- Set camera 7

H - Recall camera 8
Click tumor & spread with I
Right click and drag
U - Set camera 8.

It feels pretty smooth. I spread creep almost as frequently as the larva injects, so I'm trying to make this as clean as possible without disrupting more important functions. The middle mouse button would work as well, but right clicking is easier for me than middle mouse, and I already have the Ctrl key held down anyway...
All hail the Overgoat!
kingneckbeard
Profile Joined January 2012
United States24 Posts
July 21 2013 00:05 GMT
#5134
On July 21 2013 06:57 astazha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2013 01:17 kingneckbeard wrote:
if you made the rapid fire spell for queens be the inject larva, would that speed up the inject cycle? I'm pretty sure that's what this hotkey layout does


I think the existing inject cycle is quite fast. Making inject larva the rapid fire spell wouldn't help without significantly reworking the hotkeys because you have to take your finger off of the inject command to operate the camera.


That makes a lot of sense, thanks for responding. Didn't completely understand how the special rapid fire ability worked, but that clarifies it.
Reckie
Profile Joined December 2012
United States7 Posts
July 21 2013 05:44 GMT
#5135
On July 18 2013 23:27 teuthida wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 14:48 Reckie wrote:
I've gotten a USB keyboard, but now I'm having trouble with the download. Could someone explain how to download this on a mac?


Are you d/ling from skydrive or github? On Skydrive I would think it just just let you download the hotkey file, on github it's a bit different, I find the easiest way is to get the raw text and copy that into a document, then save it as an .SC2Hotkeys file type and put it in your hotkey folder.


I already have it saved, I can't find the hotkey folder. I did some google'ing and came across mixed results of it being hidden, but someone really just needs to make a video of this. I've spent hours trying to figure this out, I find it unbelievable that anyone with a mac has been able to do this.
Ehtele
Profile Joined July 2012
Norway8 Posts
July 21 2013 06:16 GMT
#5136
On July 21 2013 08:14 astazha wrote:

Here's what I like about it. My whole creep cycle is now [Ctrl] based. It looks like this (modified ZRM):

Hold [Ctrl]
J - Recall camera 7
Click a creep tumor (selects them all)
I - Spread creep/rapid fire
Right click and drag - move camera
O- Set camera 7

H - Recall camera 8
Click tumor & spread with I
Right click and drag
U - Set camera 8.

It feels pretty smooth. I spread creep almost as frequently as the larva injects, so I'm trying to make this as clean as possible without disrupting more important functions. The middle mouse button would work as well, but right clicking is easier for me than middle mouse, and I already have the Ctrl key held down anyway...


I also really like Beedeboo's suggestion of CTRL-right-click as drag camera. I never managed using the middle-mouse button, it felt just too slow, even compared to screen-scrolling. Could be the fact that my middle-mouse is to hard to press.
teuthida
Profile Joined March 2013
United States104 Posts
July 21 2013 09:01 GMT
#5137
On July 21 2013 14:44 Reckie wrote:
I already have it saved, I can't find the hotkey folder. I did some google'ing and came across mixed results of it being hidden, but someone really just needs to make a video of this. I've spent hours trying to figure this out, I find it unbelievable that anyone with a mac has been able to do this.


On Lion and above, Apple made the user Library folder hidden. There are a few ways to get to it it looks like. I like to use Finder -> Go (menu) -> Go to folder (also apple-shift-g I think?) and for that path use:

~/Library

Then from there browse to this path:

Application Support>Blizzard>Account>######>hotkeys
prOPOns
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
Germany60 Posts
July 21 2013 09:53 GMT
#5138
nice
★ Kim Taek Yong <3 ★ SKT1.PartinG <3 ★ SKT1.Classic ★ CJ.Sora ★ EG.Jaedong ★
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-21 12:44:00
July 21 2013 12:42 GMT
#5139
On July 21 2013 01:21 JaKaTaK wrote:
I do not understand the question (the one that wasn't answered). Could you explain it a different way?
What I don't understand is what you mean by 'The order in game is based on the suggested CGs'.

Here's what I see on TheCore Spreadsheet Terran 0.7.1.2: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Here you said they were listed by keyscore, and that they are.


And here's how it's sorted in game: (made with a little editing) + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Here you said they were listed by suggested CG, does that mean I'm going to use my Widow Mine CG before I use my Army CG, High Templar before Mothership Core, and Infestors before Spawning Pool and Banelings?


Comparison in text version: + Show Spoiler +
P        O        ;        L        9        0        -        [        =        .

P        O        -        ;        L        0        9        [        =        .
Top is spreadsheet / based on keyscore, bottom is ingame / based on suggested CGs.


Also, what do you mean by [i] [k] (finger) repetition? In RRM/TRM/PRM there are 5 ability keys to start and 4 fingers that can press them, so 2 of them have to be the same finger.
True (not accounting for the unreliable [/]), but before spell 3 and 4 shared the pinky, now spell 1 and 3 share the ring finger. My point is that more frequently used abilites are sharing the same finger. With that said, I am conviced that this new design is superior, the finger repetition might not even be that big of a deal. Mainly I see it hurting Ghosts, Infestors and High Templar.

I don't think changing the cam would be much of an advantage.
Of course not, it's not to gain speed, just for comfort. The Drag scroll thingy was only meant as an alternative bind dedicated to creep spread I would in pretty much every other scenario prefer a non-mod button. I'm glad to see that some found it useful ^^
astazha
Profile Joined June 2013
United States29 Posts
July 21 2013 14:55 GMT
#5140
What is unreliable about [\] ?
All hail the Overgoat!
Prev 1 255 256 257 258 259 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 738
WinterStarcraft325
Mew2King93
ViBE93
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush613
• Lourlo425
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 3m
INu's Battles
9h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
Replay Cast
20h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.