• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:30
CEST 08:30
KST 15:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9373 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 129

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 131 432 Next
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 23 2013 23:04 GMT
#2561
Concerning your 1st question:

It is technically faster to use shift for the CGs that are not also Cameras. However we felt that this would be not worth the difficulty of remembering which keys were set with Shift and which were set with Ctrl+Shift.

Concerning your 2nd question:





Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Deleted User 299381
Profile Joined February 2013
18 Posts
February 24 2013 17:52 GMT
#2562
I have watched all the videos and im a terran but I cant set layered cams. When i click alt it centers on watever unit im clicking on that i really dont need, any help?
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 24 2013 18:28 GMT
#2563
On February 25 2013 02:52 pagos.Elite wrote:
I have watched all the videos and im a terran but I cant set layered cams. When i click alt it centers on watever unit im clicking on that i really dont need, any help?

Alt centering is intentional. When you want to set a base camera, this allows you to click on your CC, alt+key to then have a base can perfectly centered on your CC.
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
February 24 2013 19:36 GMT
#2564
Hey Jak,

Is there a map or data sheet of observer functions for all or any of the layouts?

Thanks,
J
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 24 2013 21:13 GMT
#2565
@pagos
How to set up a camera that is not centered on a building is described in the opening sequence video, but I understand the desire to not have that particular modification. Feel free to unbind it, its probably the most often customized aspect of TheCore.

@Ninjury
No there is not, you'd have to look in the game client to check. I'm re-optimizing all of the observing functions before 1.0 because of conflicts in any case.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Deleted User 299381
Profile Joined February 2013
18 Posts
February 24 2013 22:41 GMT
#2566
On February 25 2013 03:28 JDub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 02:52 pagos.Elite wrote:
I have watched all the videos and im a terran but I cant set layered cams. When i click alt it centers on watever unit im clicking on that i really dont need, any help?

Alt centering is intentional. When you want to set a base camera, this allows you to click on your CC, alt+key to then have a base can perfectly centered on your CC.


Even when it does center on a CC and lets say i do alt+ O it doesnt register. A scroll somewhere random and when i click O the cam doesnt move to there. Also, it would interfere with my CG. So any help? And

@JaKaTak, I'm only using the core because of the layered cams.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 24 2013 23:36 GMT
#2567
I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM!

You have to press Shift+Key to recall the camera.

Which is why it doesn't interfere with your CG because you use Ctrl+Shift and Ctrl as modifiers for CGs and not Shift
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Kellhus
Profile Joined February 2013
Australia2 Posts
February 25 2013 12:37 GMT
#2568
For ZRS the worker rally point is F and the army rally is T. Is this intentional and/or is their another method for rallying that I should be using?
Dragnmn
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands52 Posts
February 25 2013 13:31 GMT
#2569
Select the hatchery, and rightclick on a mineral patch or gas geyser for the worker rally, rightclick anywhere else for the army rally. Much easier than with hotkeys.
Czarnodziej
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland624 Posts
February 25 2013 14:02 GMT
#2570
On February 25 2013 08:36 JaKaTaK wrote:
I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM!

You have to press Shift+Key to recall the camera.

Which is why it doesn't interfere with your CG because you use Ctrl+Shift and Ctrl as modifiers for CGs and not Shift

I was against the change of the modifiers, but when I realized that it allows to put layered cameras on the same keys as control groups I was:
[image blocked]
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-27 01:48:32
February 26 2013 17:09 GMT
#2571
Hey Jak, I have some questions.

1) I know we discussed this but I forget your response. For Zerg, why is ability 3 higher priority than burrow? With new hatch tech burrow research and swarm hosts, it feels like burrow should be used more often per game (and earlier) than any third ability. You arguably get burrow before any third abilities become active, since np is lair tech, consume is hive tech, and early in the game you want your queens for injects and creep, not transfuse. What do you think? Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

2) What do you think of making build advanced 9 (JIOP) and a control group on = ?The reasons for this is a) better combinations and synergy for building, b) another "ability" control group with the index finger for creep and transfuse queens, and c) better layout (all abilities on the left all cgs on the right. You lose a high priority cg, but you already have P, P*, [, ], ;, '.... Basically they are all awesome, so I think build advanced can have some greater priority.

3) what do . and \ do? Both seem more accessible than most f keys.

4) why is there a suggested cg for all overlords?

5) Why is burrow not I? (can't burrow be different for SHs)?

By the way, because I realized that with our new switch in the roles of shift and control, I use control way less than shift. Since control is never used with the left side of the keyboard, I am changing back to JIOP and tilting my keyboard more. It is less cramped and feels better now that I don't keep my thumb over both modifiers.

Ninjury

EDIT: Check out this guy's opinion on SH and burrow. This is why I believe they should be on different keys as long as they work in the way described here.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-27 05:47:08
February 26 2013 20:34 GMT
#2572
In follow up to 3 above, I have created a new rubric for global keybinds for zrm. This is based on the dev doc priority compared to how vital these things ought to be executed quickly, with special consideration for "oh damn" keys like cancel.

. --- Idle worker.
7. --- Cancel
B. --- Pause
Space. --- Menu (space is not used and is easy to find) I'm not sure whether pause is better here.
F8 --- Team resources
F7. --- Ping
\. --- Base cam
Backspace. --- Message log
F6. --- Colours
F5. --- Sound
F4. --- Music
F9. --- Achievements
F10. --- Help.

I prefer F10 to v and t for these functions, because those are hard to find, and you'll never develop the muscle memory to find them. F10 is slightly farther but easy to know where it is. Also, I like the idea that f buttons change your interface/perception, but not the game.

What do you think? Whether my specific ideas are good or not, what do you think of re-optimizing these feature for 1.0?
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
reking
Profile Joined June 2010
Norway73 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 20:47:40
February 26 2013 20:42 GMT
#2573
Edit. Nevermind, I'm an idiot who can't read the OP and thinks zero is a letter
Yur
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 20:50:43
February 26 2013 20:48 GMT
#2574
@reking, yes, you dl PRLM. Everything in it is exactly one button to the left of the Medium layout (except things like shift, control, alt and enter). I believe o as in the letter, is an ability (like build basic), while 0 as in the number is a control group. Use PRMM as a guide, and just mentally shift everything over one to the left. Good luck with learning! It pays off.

I'm happy to answer any other questions

Edit: not at all! Better to ask if you aren't sure. The document will be clearer with the release of theCore 1.0. That being said, the OP is worth going over multiple times for clarity.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
FutureTrash
Profile Joined January 2012
United States12 Posts
February 27 2013 10:19 GMT
#2575
On February 27 2013 05:34 Ninjury_J wrote:
In follow up to 3 above, I have created a new rubric for global keybinds for zrm. This is based on the dev doc priority compared to how vital these things ought to be executed quickly, with special consideration for "oh damn" keys like cancel.

. --- Idle worker.
7. --- Cancel
B. --- Pause
Space. --- Menu (space is not used and is easy to find) I'm not sure whether pause is better here.
F8 --- Team resources
F7. --- Ping
\. --- Base cam
Backspace. --- Message log
F6. --- Colours
F5. --- Sound
F4. --- Music
F9. --- Achievements
F10. --- Help.

I prefer F10 to v and t for these functions, because those are hard to find, and you'll never develop the muscle memory to find them. F10 is slightly farther but easy to know where it is. Also, I like the idea that f buttons change your interface/perception, but not the game.

What do you think? Whether my specific ideas are good or not, what do you think of re-optimizing these feature for 1.0?


This is more personal preference than efficiency but I've been using Backspace for Cancel since it made sense with its regular keyboard function. I personally like the idea of it on Space since it has been a bit of a reach. Setting it as an alternate now...
"
Czarnodziej
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland624 Posts
February 27 2013 10:29 GMT
#2576
Why not making rally cam on same key as macro control group (production facilities) ?
PwPenance
Profile Joined November 2012
Israel7 Posts
February 27 2013 12:48 GMT
#2577
A quick question, if I may.

I don't seem to be able to change the transformation servos (Hellbat morph upgrade) hotkey. Is it possible at all at this stage? Perhaps manually? Thank you!
More GG - More Skill.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
February 27 2013 12:52 GMT
#2578
@PwPenance
You should be able to do that in-game by using the hotkeys menu
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
PwPenance
Profile Joined November 2012
Israel7 Posts
February 27 2013 13:21 GMT
#2579
@Jack
I know, but I was not able to, for some reason. What is the name of it in the file? on the tech lab in the menu - I only see two upgrades for some reason. Perhaps it will work if I add/edit the line in the file. I'd appreciate if you could specify the name of the line in the file, for the Servos.

Also, I would like to thank you again for your layout. I have superior mechanics now due to practicing it. When switching to the core, you are also "forced"/"pushed" to use superior mechanics like tabbed production and cameras. Changing all those habits (No cameras->cameras, multi-group production->single key production, silly key layout -> one that makes sense) at once was down right hellish, but worth it.
More GG - More Skill.
ShaolinZorg
Profile Joined February 2013
Belgium47 Posts
February 27 2013 14:51 GMT
#2580
Hi There,

I am new to SC2 and willing to start freshly with this new layout;
I have read some post but obviously not all, thus I apologize if I ask some questions that have already been answered :

- Is there a difference between "The Core" "The Core+" ?
- Can I play the WoL campaign with the core ?
- Is The Core HoS ready (multi and campaign)
- I am playing toss, should I use the default core toss layout or are there any variants recommended for beginner ?

Thanks,

Shao
Qui veut voyager loin ménage sa monture
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 131 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 313
sorry 81
Mind 65
Bale 31
ZergMaN 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
League of Legends
JimRising 657
Other Games
summit1g7952
Coldzera 730
WinterStarcraft672
C9.Mang0322
Sick166
febbydoto16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick695
BasetradeTV169
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2194
League of Legends
• Rush1526
Other Games
• Shiphtur544
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 30m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.