• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:07
CEST 03:07
KST 10:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8331 users

[G] PvP: Compilation of anti 4 gate builds - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
August 25 2011 17:22 GMT
#81
On August 26 2011 02:15 SheffiTB wrote:
(putting this here because I don't want to make a thread about it until I'm sure this is viable)

There's this build that i've been working on for a silver league friend (long story short he just rejoined sc2, and asked me what a good build is for PvT, PvZ, and PvP, I told him about the first two but had no idea what to say for PvP) that abuses the sentry build time decrease when building from a gateway to get 3 sentries and 1 zealot by the time a 4gate gets 2 stalkers 1 zealot, and warps in an additional 3 stalkers at 5:45 to deal with the 4gate. I've managed to get 26 probes, 3 stalkers, 3 sentries (all with enough energy for guardian shield, constant guardian shield lowers stalker dps by so much that the dps loss from getting a sentry is almost completely made up for) and a zealot by 5:45, and on unit test map my best performance in terms of microing (before 30 secs are up and the next warpin comes) is all of his units being dead and 2 stalkers of mine are alive (both badly damaged). I know that with micro the 4gater might be able to win, but I can sustain constant warpins of 3 stalkers, while the 4gater will be warping in mainly zealots.

The best way, I find, to deal with the 4gate warpins (after the first attack) is to focus the stalkers then kite the zealots around. Your constant stalker warpins, will eventually dwindle down the inconsistent (after the first 3) stalker zealot warpins of the 4gater. What the build gives you, more than anything else, is a huge economic advantage (7 more probes mining than the 4gater). If I had to show the build like in the OP, it would be:

SheffiTB's defensive 3gate
(I could provide a replay if you guys think it might be viable, bear in mind i'm a gold/plat terran player, not a protoss, and I was developping this build for a friend)
Difficulty of execution: 5/10 (i guess? it's more difficult than defensive 4gate for sure)
Probes at 5:45: 26
Required number of sentries: 3
Second gas timing: 3:00
Wall?: No
Does it look like an offensive 4gate?: No
How much does a gas steal hurt?: 0/10

Is this build worth a thread on? How can I provide replays if i'm not a protoss, or high level for that matter? Should I just keep the build to myself until either me or my friend are higher level? Should I abandon it completely?


Probably/definitely not viable, although we'd need a replay to confirm. Even if it were somehow viable, anti 4 gate builds with 3 sentries are not very good.
Moderator
SheffiTB
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada223 Posts
August 25 2011 17:42 GMT
#82
On August 26 2011 02:22 4kmonk wrote:
Probably/definitely not viable, although we'd need a replay to confirm. Even if it were somehow viable, anti 4 gate builds with 3 sentries are not very good.

I will provide a replay then (though it will be against AI, is that OK? I'm a terran so ladder games will be hard to get).

Just wondering, why are builds with heavy sentry bad? Is it because of the lack of dps? Delay of tech? If it's either of those, I believe I adressed both in my post (this theoretically, with a second round of stalkers, could punish/kill greedy tech builds, and guardian shield makes up for lack of dps against 4gate).

The advantage with this build, more than anything else, is the amount of probes you can get while being safe against a 4gate. With better mechanics than mine (not that hard, I'm gold/plat and terran at that) you could get 27 probes out at 5:45. After that you will have to cut probes to defend the 4gate, but that's miles ahead of any PvP anti-4gate build I've seen, including MC's one (if I'm not mistaken, 26 probes is only if he scouts that 4gate isn't actually coming as he thought? Even if it's not I have one more probes than the megagosu's build)

Thanks.
Gold level player who watches day9 and loves helping other low level players.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
August 25 2011 17:53 GMT
#83
On August 26 2011 02:42 SheffiTB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 02:22 4kmonk wrote:
Probably/definitely not viable, although we'd need a replay to confirm. Even if it were somehow viable, anti 4 gate builds with 3 sentries are not very good.

I will provide a replay then (though it will be against AI, is that OK? I'm a terran so ladder games will be hard to get).

Just wondering, why are builds with heavy sentry bad? Is it because of the lack of dps? Delay of tech? If it's either of those, I believe I adressed both in my post (this theoretically, with a second round of stalkers, could punish/kill greedy tech builds, and guardian shield makes up for lack of dps against 4gate).

The advantage with this build, more than anything else, is the amount of probes you can get while being safe against a 4gate. With better mechanics than mine (not that hard, I'm gold/plat and terran at that) you could get 27 probes out at 5:45. After that you will have to cut probes to defend the 4gate, but that's miles ahead of any PvP anti-4gate build I've seen, including MC's one (if I'm not mistaken, 26 probes is only if he scouts that 4gate isn't actually coming as he thought? Even if it's not I have one more probes than the megagosu's build)

Thanks.


Heavy sentries builds are bad because they use up too much gas. As you may know, gas is usually the limiting resource in PvP. Sentries are also generally useless units in late game PvP. You also cannot punish greedy tech builds with sentries.

MC's build can get 26 probes even versus a 4 gate. There are 2 different variations, one that attempts to look like an offensive 4 gate more and one that attempts to look like it less. The one that looks like it more can get 24-25 probes while the one that looks like it less can get 25-26 probes. I'll add a notes section in my guide to account for this.

As for the replay, you'd probably have to post one versus an actual protoss. To be honest though, I'm fairly certain your build won't hold up to a well executed 4 gate.
Moderator
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
August 25 2011 18:36 GMT
#84
After patch 1.4, its looking like the key to stopping 4-gate (and being safe against Blink) is basically just:

get a Sentry to wallof ramp, now as of patch 1.4 they can't get vision to the top of the ramp.
and
Build an Immortal. As of patch 1.4 Immortals have equal range with Stalkers, so normal Stalkers will get roflstomped pretty hard, and even Blink Stalkers will struggle a lot with them.

I think it is clear that Blizzard wants a more stable PvP, and if that means making robo opening "standard" and reasonably safe, so be it. The nice thing is that Immortals will also be stronger vs. Colossi and Guardin Shield now works against them, so while Robo openings will become much more standard in PvP, I actually think lategame War of the Worlds will be significantly reduced.

He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
August 25 2011 18:44 GMT
#85
On August 26 2011 03:36 awesomoecalypse wrote:
After patch 1.4, its looking like the key to stopping 4-gate (and being safe against Blink) is basically just:

get a Sentry to wallof ramp, now as of patch 1.4 they can't get vision to the top of the ramp.
and
Build an Immortal. As of patch 1.4 Immortals have equal range with Stalkers, so normal Stalkers will get roflstomped pretty hard, and even Blink Stalkers will struggle a lot with them.

I think it is clear that Blizzard wants a more stable PvP, and if that means making robo opening "standard" and reasonably safe, so be it. The nice thing is that Immortals will also be stronger vs. Colossi and Guardin Shield now works against them, so while Robo openings will become much more standard in PvP, I actually think lategame War of the Worlds will be significantly reduced.



I actually disagree with a point. Because of the immortal buff and blink nerf, I actually predict more collosi builds.
Moderator
SheffiTB
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada223 Posts
August 25 2011 18:45 GMT
#86
On August 26 2011 03:44 4kmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 03:36 awesomoecalypse wrote:
After patch 1.4, its looking like the key to stopping 4-gate (and being safe against Blink) is basically just:

get a Sentry to wallof ramp, now as of patch 1.4 they can't get vision to the top of the ramp.
and
Build an Immortal. As of patch 1.4 Immortals have equal range with Stalkers, so normal Stalkers will get roflstomped pretty hard, and even Blink Stalkers will struggle a lot with them.

I think it is clear that Blizzard wants a more stable PvP, and if that means making robo opening "standard" and reasonably safe, so be it. The nice thing is that Immortals will also be stronger vs. Colossi and Guardin Shield now works against them, so while Robo openings will become much more standard in PvP, I actually think lategame War of the Worlds will be significantly reduced.



I actually disagree with a point. Because of the immortal buff and blink nerf, I actually predict more collosi builds.

I thought chargelot archon was beeat stalker colossus until super lategame? Then again I'm not P, so idk.
Gold level player who watches day9 and loves helping other low level players.
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
August 25 2011 22:18 GMT
#87
I actually disagree with a point. Because of the immortal buff and blink nerf, I actually predict more collosi builds.


Colossi without Extended Thermal Lance now have equal range to Immortals, and GS working against Colossus (and stacking with Guardian Shield), means that one Colossi without Extended Lance really isn't that scary. It'll take it 15 shots, or just under 25 seconds, to kill an Immortal, whereas an Immortal will kill a Colossi in 8 shots or 11.6 seconds--and now that GS will be defending your army, they won't simply be melted by Colossi fire in the meantime (it takes a Colossi 7 shots to bring down a Gateway Unit protected by GS). To say nothing of the fact that Immortals cost 50/100 less than Colossus straight up, and thats not even factoring the huge tech cost of the robo bay and researching extended thermal lance.

If one player goes for Colossi, it will take them 200/200 and 65 seconds to get the Robo Bay. Then 300/200 and 75 seconds (50 with CB) for the first Colossus. Meanwhile ETL will cost you 200/200 and 140 seconds (94 with CB) after the Robo Bay completed, and getting a 2nd Colossus will cost you another 300/200 and somewhere between 75 and 50 seconds.

So, the entire process will take about 165 seconds if you use the maximum amount of CB, and will cost 1000/800. After that, they'll have 2 Colossi and Extended Lance, at which point their opponent is a bit screwed.

But in that window, they are pretty damn vulnerable. Their is no way their army strength will be better until a couple Colossi pop out, and their Colossi will be super vulnerable to Immortal fire until ETL finishes. For instance, if you push out at a player teching Colossi, its possible to have 2 Immortals and a Warp Prism finished and on their way to their base, while the Colossi player will still only have one Colossus on the field, and will be a minute away from their second Colossus and ETL.

He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
farnham
Profile Joined January 2011
1378 Posts
August 25 2011 22:32 GMT
#88
I have tried a funky build that worked quite well. It involves 3 cannons to block the ramp 1 sentry to hold off zealots and trap units and phoenix as well as immortals. i opened with one gate into core into forge into stargate three cannons into robo. once the 4 gate comes the three cannons and the sentry make it impossible to come up the ramp. now you need 5 phoenixes (no more. but always try to maintain 5) and the rest is immortals and zealots a transition into . the oponent will probably try to get either blink stalkers, expand, get collossus or maybe try warp prisms.

with phoenixes you can harass the mineral line and scout. if a warp prism rush comes you can kill off the warp prism very easily and kill off the warped in units with zealots+immortal+phoenixes.

if you spot an expansion you can expand yourself and keep harassing the mineral line.

if the opponent tries colossus you can just attak and kill the stalkers with zealot immortal and lift any immortals the opponent has. any collosus that are already out can be harassed by phoenixes

i had good results against 4 gaters but probably thats because my opponents were bad lol.

anyway if you are tired of 4 gate vs. 4gate this might be a good build for you
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
August 26 2011 06:05 GMT
#89
On August 26 2011 07:32 farnham wrote:
I have tried a funky build that worked quite well. It involves 3 cannons to block the ramp 1 sentry to hold off zealots and trap units and phoenix as well as immortals. i opened with one gate into core into forge into stargate three cannons into robo. once the 4 gate comes the three cannons and the sentry make it impossible to come up the ramp. now you need 5 phoenixes (no more. but always try to maintain 5) and the rest is immortals and zealots a transition into . the oponent will probably try to get either blink stalkers, expand, get collossus or maybe try warp prisms.

with phoenixes you can harass the mineral line and scout. if a warp prism rush comes you can kill off the warp prism very easily and kill off the warped in units with zealots+immortal+phoenixes.

if you spot an expansion you can expand yourself and keep harassing the mineral line.

if the opponent tries colossus you can just attak and kill the stalkers with zealot immortal and lift any immortals the opponent has. any collosus that are already out can be harassed by phoenixes

i had good results against 4 gaters but probably thats because my opponents were bad lol.

anyway if you are tired of 4 gate vs. 4gate this might be a good build for you

Really seems like the opponent would just see your cannons and drop a nexus immediately, before even warping in a significant number of units. In PVZ it's pretty easy to defend 3 bases from phoenix, couldn't a protoss player easily defend 2? You commit 600 minerals early on to cannons that he's just putting in a nexus and probes.
farnham
Profile Joined January 2011
1378 Posts
August 26 2011 08:36 GMT
#90
On August 26 2011 15:05 sylverfyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 07:32 farnham wrote:
I have tried a funky build that worked quite well. It involves 3 cannons to block the ramp 1 sentry to hold off zealots and trap units and phoenix as well as immortals. i opened with one gate into core into forge into stargate three cannons into robo. once the 4 gate comes the three cannons and the sentry make it impossible to come up the ramp. now you need 5 phoenixes (no more. but always try to maintain 5) and the rest is immortals and zealots a transition into . the oponent will probably try to get either blink stalkers, expand, get collossus or maybe try warp prisms.

with phoenixes you can harass the mineral line and scout. if a warp prism rush comes you can kill off the warp prism very easily and kill off the warped in units with zealots+immortal+phoenixes.

if you spot an expansion you can expand yourself and keep harassing the mineral line.

if the opponent tries colossus you can just attak and kill the stalkers with zealot immortal and lift any immortals the opponent has. any collosus that are already out can be harassed by phoenixes

i had good results against 4 gaters but probably thats because my opponents were bad lol.

anyway if you are tired of 4 gate vs. 4gate this might be a good build for you

Really seems like the opponent would just see your cannons and drop a nexus immediately, before even warping in a significant number of units. In PVZ it's pretty easy to defend 3 bases from phoenix, couldn't a protoss player easily defend 2? You commit 600 minerals early on to cannons that he's just putting in a nexus and probes.

usually im ahead in probes as 4 gaters cut probes

also i can scout the nexus and throwdown a nexus myself

also harass with phoenixes to reduce his probes
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 09:58:05
August 26 2011 09:57 GMT
#91
I see you added the "extra gas" criteria which is a good thing.

Personally, I would also like to see the criteria : Does this build work against Adelscott's PvP Build ?
geiko.813 (EU)
Stoffelhase
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany162 Posts
September 24 2011 01:31 GMT
#92
good thread, nice to read.. keep it up :-)
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
September 24 2011 02:40 GMT
#93
As most of the builds listed can stop a 4gate with relative ease now, it might be prudent to list how those builds fare against the version that aims to stick a 1-2 pylons on top of the ramp. From my experience a FAST probe pull can deal with one pylon on top of the ramp almost regardless of build provided you can kill the probe, and a lowground pylon is fairly worthless with the new patch. Perhaps even 2 pylons on high ground can be dealt with by a probe pull but maybe 3 pylons?
Porouscloud - NA LoL
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
October 05 2011 14:05 GMT
#94
On August 26 2011 17:36 farnham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 15:05 sylverfyre wrote:
On August 26 2011 07:32 farnham wrote:
I have tried a funky build that worked quite well. It involves 3 cannons to block the ramp 1 sentry to hold off zealots and trap units and phoenix as well as immortals. i opened with one gate into core into forge into stargate three cannons into robo. once the 4 gate comes the three cannons and the sentry make it impossible to come up the ramp. now you need 5 phoenixes (no more. but always try to maintain 5) and the rest is immortals and zealots a transition into . the oponent will probably try to get either blink stalkers, expand, get collossus or maybe try warp prisms.

with phoenixes you can harass the mineral line and scout. if a warp prism rush comes you can kill off the warp prism very easily and kill off the warped in units with zealots+immortal+phoenixes.

if you spot an expansion you can expand yourself and keep harassing the mineral line.

if the opponent tries colossus you can just attak and kill the stalkers with zealot immortal and lift any immortals the opponent has. any collosus that are already out can be harassed by phoenixes

i had good results against 4 gaters but probably thats because my opponents were bad lol.

anyway if you are tired of 4 gate vs. 4gate this might be a good build for you

Really seems like the opponent would just see your cannons and drop a nexus immediately, before even warping in a significant number of units. In PVZ it's pretty easy to defend 3 bases from phoenix, couldn't a protoss player easily defend 2? You commit 600 minerals early on to cannons that he's just putting in a nexus and probes.

usually im ahead in probes as 4 gaters cut probes

also i can scout the nexus and throwdown a nexus myself

also harass with phoenixes to reduce his probes

Sorry, that's really not viable. You're saying you'll spend 600 minerals on static defense, and if he responds by spending 400 on a Nexus, you'll build a Nexus yourself. How are you going to defend an expansion when your opponent has a 600 mineral army advantage over you?
The frumious Bandersnatch
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
October 05 2011 15:41 GMT
#95
My single gas immortal build works. Some people don't like it because it doesn't have enough gas for a colossus transition, but the key is transitioning instead to charge (and then archons if you need to break forcefields) since you're going zealot-heavy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=191430
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
October 05 2011 15:47 GMT
#96
On October 06 2011 00:41 kcdc wrote:
My single gas immortal build works. Some people don't like it because it doesn't have enough gas for a colossus transition, but the key is transitioning instead to charge (and then archons if you need to break forcefields) since you're going zealot-heavy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=191430


I'd love to try this I'm working on my 4 gate timing (5:32 warped in best time ! ^^) so I'm willing to 4gate anyone who wants to see how this build does.
geiko.813 (EU)
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
October 05 2011 15:53 GMT
#97
On October 06 2011 00:47 Geiko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 00:41 kcdc wrote:
My single gas immortal build works. Some people don't like it because it doesn't have enough gas for a colossus transition, but the key is transitioning instead to charge (and then archons if you need to break forcefields) since you're going zealot-heavy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=191430


I'd love to try this I'm working on my 4 gate timing (5:32 warped in best time ! ^^) so I'm willing to 4gate anyone who wants to see how this build does.


You on NA? (Also, my build is designed against 12 or 13 gate. If opponent 10 gates, you can't go straight to robo safely)
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
October 05 2011 16:15 GMT
#98
On October 06 2011 00:53 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 00:47 Geiko wrote:
On October 06 2011 00:41 kcdc wrote:
My single gas immortal build works. Some people don't like it because it doesn't have enough gas for a colossus transition, but the key is transitioning instead to charge (and then archons if you need to break forcefields) since you're going zealot-heavy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=191430


I'd love to try this I'm working on my 4 gate timing (5:32 warped in best time ! ^^) so I'm willing to 4gate anyone who wants to see how this build does.


You on NA? (Also, my build is designed against 12 or 13 gate. If opponent 10 gates, you can't go straight to robo safely)


Nah I'm on EU

But I'm talking about 12 gate 4gate not 10 gate.
Best times I could manage (finished warping in) were
-5:31 with 1 CB on nexus
-5:39 with 2 CB on nexus

Is your immortal out in time with your build ?
geiko.813 (EU)
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 16:39:26
October 05 2011 16:22 GMT
#99
On October 06 2011 01:15 Geiko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 00:53 kcdc wrote:
On October 06 2011 00:47 Geiko wrote:
On October 06 2011 00:41 kcdc wrote:
My single gas immortal build works. Some people don't like it because it doesn't have enough gas for a colossus transition, but the key is transitioning instead to charge (and then archons if you need to break forcefields) since you're going zealot-heavy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=191430


I'd love to try this I'm working on my 4 gate timing (5:32 warped in best time ! ^^) so I'm willing to 4gate anyone who wants to see how this build does.


You on NA? (Also, my build is designed against 12 or 13 gate. If opponent 10 gates, you can't go straight to robo safely)


Nah I'm on EU

But I'm talking about 12 gate 4gate not 10 gate.
Best times I could manage (finished warping in) were
-5:31 with 1 CB on nexus
-5:39 with 2 CB on nexus

Is your immortal out in time with your build ?


Best I've done is 5z/1s/1 immo at ~5:50. So maybe. It depends where your pylon is and if you lose units trying to warp your first round in my base.

I put my pylons and buildings at my nexus so that I don't have anything up near the ramp to kill. So you have to get up my ramp and back to my nexus before you can start shooting stuff. I don't have problems with 4 gate unless I screw up, but 5:31 is faster than I've seen since the WG nerf.
Sleight
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
2471 Posts
October 05 2011 17:14 GMT
#100
On October 06 2011 01:22 kcdc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 01:15 Geiko wrote:
On October 06 2011 00:53 kcdc wrote:
On October 06 2011 00:47 Geiko wrote:
On October 06 2011 00:41 kcdc wrote:
My single gas immortal build works. Some people don't like it because it doesn't have enough gas for a colossus transition, but the key is transitioning instead to charge (and then archons if you need to break forcefields) since you're going zealot-heavy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=191430


I'd love to try this I'm working on my 4 gate timing (5:32 warped in best time ! ^^) so I'm willing to 4gate anyone who wants to see how this build does.


You on NA? (Also, my build is designed against 12 or 13 gate. If opponent 10 gates, you can't go straight to robo safely)


Nah I'm on EU

But I'm talking about 12 gate 4gate not 10 gate.
Best times I could manage (finished warping in) were
-5:31 with 1 CB on nexus
-5:39 with 2 CB on nexus

Is your immortal out in time with your build ?


Best I've done is 5z/1s/1 immo at ~5:50. So maybe. It depends where your pylon is and if you lose units trying to warp your first round in my base.

I put my pylons and buildings at my nexus so that I don't have anything up near the ramp to kill. So you have to get up my ramp and back to my nexus before you can start shooting stuff. I don't have problems with 4 gate unless I screw up, but 5:31 is faster than I've seen since the WG nerf.


Opening 10pylon 10gate and going Stalker-Zealot-Robo-Gate-Zealot let's you get 2 Zealots, 1 stalker, and an Immortal by 5:30, and you add on 2 stalkers by 5:40 from Warpgates and 1 sentry 1 zealot by 6:10, obviously. Since you open 10 gate into Chrono'd Stalker you can deny proxy pylons unless they go 1 Z 2 Stalkers before warpgate finishes. The reason you warp in a 1 Z 1 Sentry with your 2nd round is that while 3 Stalkers 2 Zealots and 1 Immortal beats 1 Z 5 Stalkers with 1-2 units lost, 3 Stalkers, 4 Zealots, 1 Immortal loses to 4-5 Z 5 Stalker which is their 2nd rnd of warp ins, so you need the sentry to cut in half at ramp.

You can also open 9pylon 11 gate 11 gas, or 9 Pylon 12gate 13 gate and get to this same point. The problem is each time you delay your Zealot gives 4 gate more time to get Zealot Stalker Probe out against your lone Stalker. In all cases, you can deny scouting and get a Robo right around 3:55, looking like a 10gate 4gate, and still get a smooth immortal out. You will, however, not be able to afford a 2nd immortal to stop a 4gate, but I don't think that's needed.
One Love
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12165
Rain 2068
Artosis 481
White-Ra 183
Dota 2
monkeys_forever647
NeuroSwarm135
League of Legends
Doublelift5016
Counter-Strike
taco 10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1675
ArmadaUGS587
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1106
WinterStarcraft412
Other Games
summit1g8619
Day[9].tv671
shahzam649
JimRising 565
C9.Mang0303
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick885
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1011
• Day9tv671
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 53m
OSC
11h 53m
Stellar Fest
11h 53m
OSC
22h 53m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.