• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:03
CEST 03:03
KST 10:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10070 users

[G] Battlecruiser Rush (Or: How to Be a Boss) - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Rotsor
Profile Joined March 2010
Kyrgyzstan13 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 03:49:33
September 05 2010 03:48 GMT
#41
This build does not work.
Before leaving my opponent (diamond 839) called me "moron".
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
September 05 2010 03:56 GMT
#42
On September 05 2010 12:48 Rotsor wrote:
This build does not work.
Before leaving my opponent (diamond 839) called me "moron".


Damn. Would you mind posting the replay? Maybe we can figure out what went wrong or if there's a big problem with the build (and maybe be able to fix it).
Rotsor
Profile Joined March 2010
Kyrgyzstan13 Posts
September 05 2010 04:12 GMT
#43
Bibbit, lol, I found the problem - it is my late gas. I forgot to make gas before OC, so my BC was not awesome enough, showing my moronity.
All my marines and most of SCVs got blasted with his banelings, by the way.
MinoMino
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1103 Posts
September 05 2010 04:12 GMT
#44
Haha, I smiled when I looked at the thread title. I'm hoping this will somehow develop into a strong strategy. Make it work, guys!
Blah.
Cytokinesis
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada330 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 04:38:37
September 05 2010 04:13 GMT
#45
Alright here is my attempt at tuning it up:

http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/3146

I couldn't get it perfect like I did before but it's close enough I'll upload it. If you get the timings 100% perfect nothing is delayed at all. Like my starport was delayed a sec or 2, that doesn't happen if you execute perfectly. Watch until the end as it also has a follow-through.
Ive seen people who dont believe in sleep count sheep with calculators that double as alarm clocks
Akuemon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada151 Posts
September 05 2010 04:20 GMT
#46
OMG... I totally lost to this.
Shaithis
Profile Joined March 2010
United States383 Posts
September 05 2010 05:01 GMT
#47
Baller, is all. Enjoy it for the next week or so; I'm stickin' to my guns, er, grenades.
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
September 05 2010 06:06 GMT
#48
On September 05 2010 13:13 Cytokinesis wrote:
Alright here is my attempt at tuning it up:

http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/3146

I couldn't get it perfect like I did before but it's close enough I'll upload it. If you get the timings 100% perfect nothing is delayed at all. Like my starport was delayed a sec or 2, that doesn't happen if you execute perfectly. Watch until the end as it also has a follow-through.


Very interesting, it sounds like yours is quite a bit better.Will look at replay tomorrow.
Cytokinesis
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada330 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 06:37:35
September 05 2010 06:10 GMT
#49
Comparing the 2 replays (I looked at yours on steps specifically I'll look at the others as well). I get my battlecruiser out a full minute before yours as well as being 7 food ahead (1 minute earlier.) My BC comes out at 7:45 and 48 food yours is 8:44 at 41 food. I think though a large difference is you messed up a bit at the start.

I think the important difference, however, is that by the time I reach my opponents base my expansion JUST finishes.

One thing that bothers me for both is the large amount of gas built up after the first BC. I think after you finish the first BC you can prob take everyone off of 1 geyser as soon as you start your second BC. In mine as soon as I start my second BC when it's building I have little to spend gas on, despite dropping to ~80 by the time my second BC starts. This where you start getting gas surplus Perhaps upgrades? Although looking at it if times absolutely perfectly you could drop to almost 0 gas every time a BC finishes (you gain roughly 300 in the build time of a BC)
Ive seen people who dont believe in sleep count sheep with calculators that double as alarm clocks
ZomgTossRush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1041 Posts
September 05 2010 06:50 GMT
#50
On September 05 2010 15:10 Cytokinesis wrote:
Comparing the 2 replays (I looked at yours on steps specifically I'll look at the others as well). I get my battlecruiser out a full minute before yours as well as being 7 food ahead (1 minute earlier.) My BC comes out at 7:45 and 48 food yours is 8:44 at 41 food. I think though a large difference is you messed up a bit at the start.

I think the important difference, however, is that by the time I reach my opponents base my expansion JUST finishes.

One thing that bothers me for both is the large amount of gas built up after the first BC. I think after you finish the first BC you can prob take everyone off of 1 geyser as soon as you start your second BC. In mine as soon as I start my second BC when it's building I have little to spend gas on, despite dropping to ~80 by the time my second BC starts. This where you start getting gas surplus Perhaps upgrades? Although looking at it if times absolutely perfectly you could drop to almost 0 gas every time a BC finishes (you gain roughly 300 in the build time of a BC)



Great observation. Getting a little picky though, the strength of the build doesn't really rely too much on the follow up or future play. it's based more on the initial damage of the first bc/rines.

You can't CONSITENTLY pump scvs and marines, as your bc will be slightly delayed, but its pretty darn close. Like i said earlier, i am considering cutting scvs earlier to ensure a pure marine pump. This will bolster my bc push with more marines, but have a few less for the bc repair.

Tips: Rallying your next starport/bc and rax to your bc. Also your scvs and marines. Then keep the marines in a seperate hotkey group to a move then in an encounter, this just makes sure you engage with both the bc and the marines at the same time, a key component to the build.


Props to all the high quality posts on TL. This is how every thread should go. 1. I have a build that seems cool. 2. Can other players try this out? 3. What did you learn from this build, can you make it better?

As opposed to the popular 1. I have an unbeatable build. 2. Everyone theorycraft about it 3. Start calling each other out 4. Degraded the value of the idea

Again, mad props to the participants to a great thread!
Coaching for 1v1 and Team games at Gosucoaching.com
Cytokinesis
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada330 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 07:43:05
September 05 2010 07:27 GMT
#51
I played quite a few games against high-level friends using this. I think it only really "works" against 2 gate robo and FE zerg who scouts late. Against 2 gate robo it is close, your push won't do much damage, but rather secure your expo. That's what happened in all my TvP games. I couldn't break but I had an expo and 1 BC and he didn't have an expo (all my marines died).

I'm going to play a ton more, but the timing is essential. Against the 2-gate robo my BC came out JUST in time to stop the 1 immortal push. Like as soon as they hit my ramp it popped.

Also I disagree about the strength not being in the follow-through.
Ive seen people who dont believe in sleep count sheep with calculators that double as alarm clocks
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-05 14:51:14
September 05 2010 14:41 GMT
#52
Alright, I watched Cytokinesis' replay. He gets the BC out 20 seconds earlier (which he says is a pretty critical 20 seconds, right when an immortal push should hit). At that same time, he has 26 SCVs (same as me) and 9 marines (3 less than me).

I have an extra barracks, he has a command center. I found that I can afford a CC as well with the second barracks but I personally prefer to go all-in (since even with an expo, you're kinda boned anyway with the 6 pulled scvs and the slight scv cutting throughout the build).

Personally I think I like my way a bit more but that's just a preference thing. I'll make sure to include Cyto's in the OP so that people can choose for themselves. :D

Edit: Cytokinesis, I swear you had briefly outlined what you did in a post on here before. Did you edit it or am I blind? I'll just have to extract your build myself if I'm just remembering you saying it earlier wrong. T_T
ZomgTossRush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1041 Posts
September 05 2010 15:55 GMT
#53
On September 05 2010 16:27 Cytokinesis wrote:
I played quite a few games against high-level friends using this. I think it only really "works" against 2 gate robo and FE zerg who scouts late. Against 2 gate robo it is close, your push won't do much damage, but rather secure your expo. That's what happened in all my TvP games. I couldn't break but I had an expo and 1 BC and he didn't have an expo (all my marines died).

I'm going to play a ton more, but the timing is essential. Against the 2-gate robo my BC came out JUST in time to stop the 1 immortal push. Like as soon as they hit my ramp it popped.

Also I disagree about the strength not being in the follow-through.



I am curious about your opinion about robo timings. Are you talking about head on engagements, or being able to defend with marine/bunker? Since no robo units shoots air seeing a robo should be a good thing. The more immortals/col/obs they make the bigger timing window you have to do some damage.
Coaching for 1v1 and Team games at Gosucoaching.com
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
September 05 2010 16:02 GMT
#54
On September 06 2010 00:55 zomgtossrush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2010 16:27 Cytokinesis wrote:
I played quite a few games against high-level friends using this. I think it only really "works" against 2 gate robo and FE zerg who scouts late. Against 2 gate robo it is close, your push won't do much damage, but rather secure your expo. That's what happened in all my TvP games. I couldn't break but I had an expo and 1 BC and he didn't have an expo (all my marines died).

I'm going to play a ton more, but the timing is essential. Against the 2-gate robo my BC came out JUST in time to stop the 1 immortal push. Like as soon as they hit my ramp it popped.

Also I disagree about the strength not being in the follow-through.



I am curious about your opinion about robo timings. Are you talking about head on engagements, or being able to defend with marine/bunker? Since no robo units shoots air seeing a robo should be a good thing. The more immortals/col/obs they make the bigger timing window you have to do some damage.


I imagine you would have to scout to see if an immortal push is on its way so you can be ready to repair ASAP. Your bunker will just fall really fast otherwise.

Similarly, I'm curious if collosus with range could get to you before the BC and bust down the bunker. Something to be tested I guess.
maelswarm
Profile Joined September 2010
4 Posts
September 05 2010 19:03 GMT
#55
I tried this out in two games and won, both of my opponents went random but ended up being TvZ.

I consistently cued my BCs around the 6:40ish mark, with no delays in build order to Fusion Core. However, I can see this being problematic against a cheese play like cannon rush or reapers. I scouted out my opponents at 10 or 11 supply though, just to make sure they weren't going for a 6 pool, and walled off before they could scout my main to hide the BC tech.

However, both games ended up being a base race, with me floating off my buildings when they would rush into my base with mutas or nydus worm.
Cytokinesis
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada330 Posts
September 05 2010 20:22 GMT
#56
Yeah Bibbit it is definitely a preference thing I like yours because I feel it is safer, so I think it would be more useful in TvZ.

As far as robo timings, literally as soon as they hit my ramp on steppes with a 1 immortal timing push my BC popped out. If it wasn't for that BC I would have died even repairing bunker. So if it is on a different map you can expect to meet them during your push, or a base trade if you don't meet them.

Also it isn't possible to get collosus with range BEFORE the BC. But it is possible to get one as your BC pops (on short rush maps). Also as far as observer goes by the time an obs pops out in a standard build it will be too late to throw down a stargate and will only be able to get 1-2 extra stalkers if he throws down reactionary gates.

Also I did have the thing written down then I edited post xD It is:
11 gas
12 rax (cut one scv for a 12--you can get 13 if you feel it's safe enough)
16 fac (or the instant your rax finishes)
2nd gas when factory is half-done
19 starport
24 fusion core
29 BC
41 CC
Ive seen people who dont believe in sleep count sheep with calculators that double as alarm clocks
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
September 05 2010 20:36 GMT
#57
On September 06 2010 05:22 Cytokinesis wrote:
Yeah Bibbit it is definitely a preference thing I like yours because I feel it is safer, so I think it would be more useful in TvZ.

As far as robo timings, literally as soon as they hit my ramp on steppes with a 1 immortal timing push my BC popped out. If it wasn't for that BC I would have died even repairing bunker. So if it is on a different map you can expect to meet them during your push, or a base trade if you don't meet them.

Also it isn't possible to get collosus with range BEFORE the BC. But it is possible to get one as your BC pops (on short rush maps). Also as far as observer goes by the time an obs pops out in a standard build it will be too late to throw down a stargate and will only be able to get 1-2 extra stalkers if he throws down reactionary gates.

Also I did have the thing written down then I edited post xD It is:
11 gas
12 rax (cut one scv for a 12--you can get 13 if you feel it's safe enough)
16 fac (or the instant your rax finishes)
2nd gas when factory is half-done
19 starport
24 fusion core
29 BC
41 CC


Good stuff. Edited it into OP in the BO section with a brief description. If there's anything else you want to say, just say so.
Shaithis
Profile Joined March 2010
United States383 Posts
September 05 2010 22:23 GMT
#58
Guys, great effort and all, but you do realize that BC ground damage is being nerfed by 20% in the next patch, which will go into effect in just a few days? Even now, this strat is just barely viable vs very specific builds, and it's not exactly something you can transition out of...

I would look into incorporating this build with iEchoic's TvP hellion drop into marine banshee into BC build that's floating around here somewhere.
Resin
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5 Posts
September 06 2010 03:32 GMT
#59
Ok first off I'm new to TL. This kind of thread is what I was hoping TL would be like.

As to the build I've got it to work against some higher level friends. To be precise 2 out of three tries. I need to work on my timing a bit. I have had some experience with a similar thor rush build and was able to adapt to this one fairly well. I think Cytokinesis's bo is pretty solid. Even though this is a all out bo starting your expo after bc is a relevent play. Even if the rush fails having the expo by the time your bc reaches your opponets base should allow you enough minerals to transistion into something else if your rush is thwarted. Unless however you end up trading bases.

Definatly a worthwhile build. Thanks for sharing it.
Give it all or give nothing
petelectro
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany69 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 04:19:42
September 06 2010 04:18 GMT
#60
I'm a Z player myself (even if it is tempting to play T just for BC rushing some in his face I wouldn't actually try it myself because I wouldn't be able to execute it very well) but I have to say damn this thread rocks!
I watched the replays and read every post just because I really like how the build evolved within a few posts. Would love if some of the zerg BO threads would go that way...

@Topic: I can see this being actually valid in high level TvP. If you look at the current 4gate compositions most players won't get enough stalkers to kill a BC with scv support. I would work with Cyto's build though because I don't like all-ins myself and I really think every terran should expand with his first push. Against zerg I wouldn't recommend that build because most zerg players will have a baneling nest pretty soon against T and that kinda messes up the whole push.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta42
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 227
CosmosSc2 65
RuFF_SC2 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1924
GuemChi 1315
Artosis 636
910 40
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever284
League of Legends
JimRising 836
Counter-Strike
taco 266
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox669
Other Games
summit1g8565
Day[9].tv725
shahzam669
C9.Mang0305
Trikslyr52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick598
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• Hinosc 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv725
• Shiphtur670
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 57m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.