• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:51
CEST 02:51
KST 09:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10494 users

[G] Battlecruiser Rush (Or: How to Be a Boss) - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
September 11 2010 22:53 GMT
#121
On September 12 2010 06:55 Ivanero wrote:
This doesn't work, even when I achieved to get 1st BC on min 6:30. I tested it on high platinum and wins were 2/10.


I think you're pretty clearly doing something horribly wrong because we've had quite a number of higher level people in this thread having success with it. Why don't you post up a replay or two and we'll try to figure out the problem? You seem to be getting the BC out on time but something is very clearly not going right.
Plenty818
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4 Posts
September 12 2010 00:00 GMT
#122
On September 07 2010 11:33 out4blood wrote:
I should think that some people might want to go back and edit their "this would never work on a good player" comments since it clearly worked TWICE against the same pro player. One who is a legend.


The same pro player. One who is a legend.

Does he have a split personality?

Just joking

I have tried this just this strategy just on comps so far to get my timing down. The fastest I got a BC out was at 8:14.

Tried on a ladder match on Lost Temple. Early scout showed a forge and and a gateway in front of his/her natural expansion. Since I though there would be cannons, I just expanded quick and pumped out BCs. Eventually I was beaten cause I did not scout again because I though pumping BCs and marines would kill what ever he sent with enough left over and producing to counter.

Didn't work as I planned .

He sent his army in at about 150 supply. He had 3 col. and the rest stalkers (I was expecting air). It was close, but in the end he still had a colossus and a few stalkers remaining and he was able to gate reinforcements in quickly.

That is what I get for lack of scouting.

On a side note, after watching the video, I saw that after the first BC came out he only had 1 cannon down and was teching fast. (Read the line above).

Cheers
I never said I was a pro, so don't assume!
Uhh Negative
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1090 Posts
September 13 2010 21:11 GMT
#123
On September 07 2010 01:13 me_viet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2010 23:31 Uhh Negative wrote:
Good thing the zerg player you were playing was completely terrible. "Oh let's make two lairs and just mass roaches that'll probably help"

edit: the Protoss was awful as well. I can only see this working in maybe plat. Are you sure you are diamond? You are playing some bad players.

Cute build I guess but won't work against any competent player.



Bashing it without any support other than "your opponent is horrible" which is an opinion btw does not help this thread and only labels you as a troll.

What would you define as 'competent'? There are a few players in this thread (as well as OP) that are in diamond. Even my practice partner hu's 900 points diamond said he's lost to this on ladder and is still not sure what to do against it.



EDIT: Would Tester be competent enough for you?

Lol did you watch the game? They were not good. I'm 950-1000 diamond and I think I'm garbage. Diamond literally means nothing other than "you kind of know how to play the game". I would classify myself in that category yet I think these kids were bad.
bentski
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada31 Posts
September 13 2010 21:50 GMT
#124
I would just like to thank the original poster for providing this strategy.

Let me explain:

I play protoss. Of the last 5 PvT games I've played, all of my opponents were attempting to do a BC rush.

They all failed. :D

So yea, thank you lovely terrans for the easy wins. And a note to any terrans wanting to do this: it's definitely not as easy as it seems. Just because there was an upset in the GSL where some pro lost to this strategy, it doesn't make it an epic unbeatable build. Even when my opponents got the BCs out, I didn't have much trouble focusing them down with the stalkers I had accumulated via playing standard. Once they patch the BC, this build will only get worse.
times ten
ZomgTossRush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1041 Posts
September 13 2010 21:59 GMT
#125
On September 14 2010 06:50 bentski wrote:
I would just like to thank the original poster for providing this strategy.

Let me explain:

I play protoss. Of the last 5 PvT games I've played, all of my opponents were attempting to do a BC rush.

They all failed. :D

So yea, thank you lovely terrans for the easy wins. And a note to any terrans wanting to do this: it's definitely not as easy as it seems. Just because there was an upset in the GSL where some pro lost to this strategy, it doesn't make it an epic unbeatable build. Even when my opponents got the BCs out, I didn't have much trouble focusing them down with the stalkers I had accumulated via playing standard. Once they patch the BC, this build will only get worse.



What league are you in? Are even sure your opposing t' are doing the build correctly? Replays or it never happened.
Coaching for 1v1 and Team games at Gosucoaching.com
bentski
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada31 Posts
September 13 2010 22:04 GMT
#126
On September 14 2010 06:59 zomgtossrush wrote:
What league are you in? Are even sure your opposing t' are doing the build correctly? Replays or it never happened.


I'm mid-diamond. And I'm positive they're doing the build incorrectly... one guy went engineering bay into PF so that he would defend better before he got the BC out. lol.

I'm not going to bother posting replays because I'm not ripping on the original build, I just wanted to share my experience as a protoss player. Since this post has popped up, it's ridiculous how many people are attempting fast BCs and botching it.

I dunno, I just thought it was kinda funny, but if you're going to be all angry about my post then I'll delete it.
times ten
tetramaster
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada253 Posts
September 13 2010 22:19 GMT
#127
Fast BCs are useless. Fast BCs with a bunch of repairing SCVs and a lot of marines? That is just horrifying.

Encountered one person trying to do it, but they didn't scan, so I dropped in their back with a lovely force and killed them just before the BC popped (about 10 seconds after they left, it came out)

Another one did it successfully and I just fell over and died.
0c3LoT
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada162 Posts
September 13 2010 22:35 GMT
#128
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79921-1v1-terran-blistering-sands

^ someone trying BC rush on me and failing. (TvT Blistering Sands)
Winning is a lifestyle choice.
Drfluffy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States96 Posts
September 19 2010 21:26 GMT
#129
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/83992-1v1-terran-protoss-lost-temple

This is a rare example where T rushed a BC (not quite an all in rush though) and I rushed a carrier. This is overall quite an interesting game, where ravens, BCs, void ray and carriers were built.
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
September 22 2010 20:38 GMT
#130
Bumping this because of recent Battlecruiser change

Has anyone tried this post-patch yet? There was some argument in the thread about whether the damage nerf would hugely effect this rush. Unfortunately I play zerg exclusively now so I havent gotten to test it yet.
Kare
Profile Joined March 2009
Norway786 Posts
September 22 2010 20:42 GMT
#131
It can maybe work if it dosnt get scouted, but this is bad against good players.
In life you can obtain all sorts of material wealth, but the real treasure is the epic feelings you get while doing something you love.
SanMaya
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands74 Posts
October 26 2010 19:55 GMT
#132
Just did this...
Didnt practice it for that long so its not near perfect execution.
Wanted to have a build to make TvZ fun again (my worst matchup)
[image loading]
TLMS
Thrawn1324
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States66 Posts
October 26 2010 22:49 GMT
#133
F my diamond placement. I see all these fun strats and think how cool it would be to be able to do them to broze and silver.
"To our wives and our lovers, pray they never meet"
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
November 03 2010 04:46 GMT
#134
On October 27 2010 07:49 Thrawn1324 wrote:
F my diamond placement. I see all these fun strats and think how cool it would be to be able to do them to broze and silver.


Just practice and try to do this build smoothly. It works fine even in diamond for TvP unless you're pretty high diamond. I've gotten the chance to do it post-nerf and it's still not bad. The BC soaks up a lot of damage and gives vision. Its DPS still isnt too bad either.

So just because you're diamond, it doesnt mean you cant have fun. :D

Also, I'll see if I can't scrounge up some new replays for after that BC nerf.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 18:10:45
November 04 2010 18:07 GMT
#135
I do a slight variation where I get fast gas and get both a raven and BC out. Its rather hilarious suffice to say. The PDD prevents close to 300 stalker damage so its like having 1.6 BCs. The raven will chase the obs away or kill it and P will probably think it is some sort of Polt/3-1-2 build. I don't feel that the timing is hurt much because of the PDD and detection.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Koibu0
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States513 Posts
June 09 2011 05:40 GMT
#136
Hey, so I'm only diamond, but I gotta say this is still working, maybe better than before. On close by air shattered temple, even with a pretty botched opening, this kicked ass. I sent fewer SCVs with my 'rines, but they were all going to get cleaned up by the roaches, so I should have just kept them home both games. By keeping most of my SCVs home and mining, I could bring out a 2nd BC pretty quickly.

On Tal'darim Alter LE I changed it up (since it's such a big map) and roflstomped.

10 depot
350M Move scv to nat.
400M build CC
150M build Rax at front choke
150M build Rax at front choke
Gas
Bunker when rax is done with a supply (whenever it is needed) for a full wall at the front
I don't recall the timings, but grab your orbitals and factory as soon as you can. After your fac goes down, throw down 3 more gas and fully saturate them ASAP. you'll have mules for minerals, so get those geysers up.

Starport x 3 when Fac is done
Fusion core when first Star is done
3x BCs

I must say that my 3 Starports got scouted (but not the fusion) so he had Mutes and Corrupters up, and was making hydras - but even with all that he got rolled. While my first set of BCs was taking out his initial AA, my 2nd 2 went to join the frey, while I kept any futher ones at home (since he was sending lings and banes to my base which I was having trouble holding as I played some sloppy D.

Shattered Replay
[image loading]

Tal'darim Replay
[image loading]
(img looks like shakuras, but it's really Tal'darim)

I think this works so well on Tal'darim because if you don't pressure early, zerg takes the chance to mass expand, and so their AA comes up pretty late, and when you do push, you have 3 BCs which is pretty beefy, especially when you have 2 or 3 more rallying in behind them.
DownloadingData
Profile Joined June 2011
1 Post
June 14 2011 05:55 GMT
#137
On September 08 2010 12:40 DaemonX wrote:
K just tested:

1 BC loses to 5 stalkers, with the last stalker at 100%.
1 BC owns 4 stalkers, cruiser on ~150 HP.
1 BC with the nerf STILL wins versus 4 stalkers, but only has 20-40 HP left.


Remember you'll have SCV repairing. 5 SCV repairing 1 BC can still eliminate 8 stalkers.

Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
June 14 2011 06:26 GMT
#138
This is why I love TL, if I said "I want to see a build that centers around archon drops for harass" then someone would make it, and make it work well.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
June 14 2011 06:37 GMT
#139
I'm pretty sure a particular person commonly does proxy battlecruiser rushes with 5k viewers. Works in Gold league.
z00m
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany22 Posts
June 14 2011 07:28 GMT
#140
Hi Koibu,
I just watched your Replay against TGDormant. I must say I'm not really impressed. Z basically could have pumped 5 more roaches and counter pushed you. You had no ground army and no defense in your base and one BC takes forever to kill the Z's base. Further he didn't put down a hydra den which also had saved him the game.

I like creative builds and I think the BC rush is an interesting option but I think you should use the BC as support for your ground forces instead of just ralleying it to your opponents base.

If you just killed his expansion while getting up your own then you where maybe ahead even if Z had the right follow up.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta40
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 199
CosmosSc2 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1901
GuemChi 1294
Artosis 658
910 41
Bale 18
MaD[AoV]18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever301
League of Legends
JimRising 799
Counter-Strike
taco 244
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox670
Other Games
summit1g8783
Day[9].tv705
shahzam646
C9.Mang0317
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• Hinosc 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur723
• Day9tv705
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 9m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.