• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:38
CEST 15:38
KST 22:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8636 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 179 Next
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
April 09 2011 12:24 GMT
#341
On April 09 2011 08:37 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 08:26 chaoser wrote:
DrH, who is this in your profile
[image loading]

oh i forgot about my profile

disney actress ryan newman

Who names their daughter Ryan? >.>
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 09 2011 13:47 GMT
#342
On April 09 2011 21:24 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 08:37 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On April 09 2011 08:26 chaoser wrote:
DrH, who is this in your profile
[image loading]

oh i forgot about my profile

disney actress ryan newman

Who names their daughter Ryan? >.>


I think she was actually born a man and had a sex change.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
April 09 2011 14:54 GMT
#343
On April 09 2011 22:47 tnkted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 21:24 Rean wrote:
On April 09 2011 08:37 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On April 09 2011 08:26 chaoser wrote:
DrH, who is this in your profile
[image loading]

oh i forgot about my profile

disney actress ryan newman

Who names their daughter Ryan? >.>


I think she was actually born a man and had a sex change.


Well her last name is NewMan
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 09 2011 15:16 GMT
#344
Hey guys i'm town, and before you have any dirty thoughts about Ryan Newman remember she's like 12 :S
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 09 2011 16:27 GMT
#345
On April 09 2011 08:58 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 08:57 OriginalName wrote:
So broskis whats the plan?


Wait till Day1 and then start actually being able to plan and do crap...


I disagree on the basis of your argument for talking at night.

Also, once the day does start, chances are the discussion will be taken over by mayoral discussions. Let's use this time that we are forced not to talk about the other conversation starter:

Do we lynch an inactive day one?

My thoughts: I think that we should lynch an inactive. People who are active can actually be read/analyzed later on, but inactives will always be an there in the back of our mind. This also pressures inactive players to become more active.


Since we have a pardoner and traditionally Day one lynches are wrong, do we want to lynch day one?

My thoughts: The pardoner only gets to pardon one lynch and while I've never played with a pardoner before, I don't think that that power should be use that lightly. In addition, not lynching on day one takes away our ability to pressure people.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 09 2011 16:29 GMT
#346
Oh, and since I see this starting already, Night 0 is not here so that we can spam about people's profile picture.

Sorry. When I was scum I was content to let the spam fly in Insane, but I don't want that here. Please keep this on topic. This is not just about the all button, it's about keeping the thread clean of spam so that the good posts can be seen. More than one person stated "5000 replies" as a reason not to do analysis in Insane. I don't want that happening here.

There was a lot of activity in insane, but a lot of it was spam. I want the best of both worlds now. I want little spam, and lost of activity. I'm trying to call this out BEFORE it becomes a problem, but even so far people have been pretty spammy.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Robellicose
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England245 Posts
April 09 2011 16:51 GMT
#347
On April 10 2011 01:27 Kavdragon wrote:
Do we lynch an inactive day one?

My thoughts: I think that we should lynch an inactive. People who are active can actually be read/analyzed later on, but inactives will always be an there in the back of our mind. This also pressures inactive players to become more active.


I'd probably agree with this statement. Unless someone red/black goofs up and it's horrifically obvious that we can lynch them. And whilst I've not played/read a game that used a pardoner, we'll have to be pretty damned careful that we get one of us into the position - imagine a successful lynch of the godfather being blocked by some asshole mafia pardoner. man that would piss me off...
Portentious and Pretentious
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
April 09 2011 17:06 GMT
#348
Yeah lynching an inactive is always a solid way to start as opposed to accidentally lynching an active townie.
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 09 2011 17:17 GMT
#349
On April 09 2011 17:17 Incognito wrote:
Since the game technically hasn't started yet am I allowed to post my thoughts?


Sure, why not. It'll be helpful for the new players.
SUNSFANNED
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
April 09 2011 17:19 GMT
#350
On April 10 2011 02:06 redFF wrote:
Yeah lynching an inactive is always a solid way to start as opposed to accidentally lynching an active townie.


I guess this wasn't obvious in the OP, but remember there is a Mayoral election Day 1!
SUNSFANNED
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 09 2011 17:25 GMT
#351
My thoughts on inactives:

Don't lynch inactives, lynch lurkers.

I guess it depends on your definition of inactive, but inactive for me, is someone who's not even playing the game, and has little to no posts. For me, the better choice is to pressure lurkers, who come in and post a couple times, then disappear. I think these are the people we should really be afraid of. They're a lot more dangerous, because by maintaining only a slight activity threshold to appease the town, they're easily able to hide amongst the masses. So personally, I'd rather lynch the guy who comes in twice a cycle to post a couple sentences, than Johnny-No-Posts who's not even playing the game.

Lurkers want to hide behind a minimum of activity, inactives aren't even playing. (<--- My Take)

I'm going to watch for people acting like that.
you gotta dance
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 09 2011 17:26 GMT
#352
On April 10 2011 02:19 BrownBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 02:06 redFF wrote:
Yeah lynching an inactive is always a solid way to start as opposed to accidentally lynching an active townie.


I guess this wasn't obvious in the OP, but remember there is a Mayoral election Day 1!


Yeah, but the mayor still needs to figure out who to lynch. :p
you gotta dance
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 09 2011 17:28 GMT
#353
On April 10 2011 01:51 Robellicose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 01:27 Kavdragon wrote:
Do we lynch an inactive day one?

My thoughts: I think that we should lynch an inactive. People who are active can actually be read/analyzed later on, but inactives will always be an there in the back of our mind. This also pressures inactive players to become more active.


I'd probably agree with this statement. Unless someone red/black goofs up and it's horrifically obvious that we can lynch them. And whilst I've not played/read a game that used a pardoner, we'll have to be pretty damned careful that we get one of us into the position - imagine a successful lynch of the godfather being blocked by some asshole mafia pardoner. man that would piss me off...


The thing about the pardoner is that he better have a damned good reason when he pardons someone if it's not town consensus. He can only pardon once. If he does that randomly when town is voting out a scummy player, like the GF in your example, then we just caught two scum anyways, because the pardoner's revealed himself as anti-town, and the person he saved was already the lynch target.
you gotta dance
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
April 09 2011 17:29 GMT
#354
I'm just going to get this out of the way now, if tnkted or anyone else tries to do the PM breadcrumb thing even after Meapak and I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is useless, I will personally lead their lynch bandwagon.
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
April 09 2011 17:39 GMT
#355
On April 10 2011 02:29 Lemonwalrus wrote:
I'm just going to get this out of the way now, if tnkted or anyone else tries to do the PM breadcrumb thing even after Meapak and I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is useless, I will personally lead their lynch bandwagon.


i will personally ride that wagon.
However, if they turn out town your going to be tied up and thrown into mine. You wont like me then for I forgive no man.

Your a walrus tho so i can forgive you ^______^ (unless your scum SourTusks >=[ )

OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
April 09 2011 17:40 GMT
#356
Wait why is it struk out?? Should be spoilered T_T
TranceStorm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
1616 Posts
April 09 2011 17:44 GMT
#357
On April 10 2011 02:28 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 01:51 Robellicose wrote:
On April 10 2011 01:27 Kavdragon wrote:
Do we lynch an inactive day one?

My thoughts: I think that we should lynch an inactive. People who are active can actually be read/analyzed later on, but inactives will always be an there in the back of our mind. This also pressures inactive players to become more active.


I'd probably agree with this statement. Unless someone red/black goofs up and it's horrifically obvious that we can lynch them. And whilst I've not played/read a game that used a pardoner, we'll have to be pretty damned careful that we get one of us into the position - imagine a successful lynch of the godfather being blocked by some asshole mafia pardoner. man that would piss me off...


The thing about the pardoner is that he better have a damned good reason when he pardons someone if it's not town consensus. He can only pardon once. If he does that randomly when town is voting out a scummy player, like the GF in your example, then we just caught two scum anyways, because the pardoner's revealed himself as anti-town, and the person he saved was already the lynch target.

Another danger a mafia pardoner could pose is that if suspicion falls on them in a previous day, they could shut down the lynch at the very start of the day before any real discussion has begun. Of course, it places them under immense suspicion but it also takes away a valuable town lynch and gives the mafia a free round of hits.

Furthermore, since the pardoner/mayor knows who the bodyguards are, meaning that the mafia could hit those roles easier.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 09 2011 18:01 GMT
#358
Ok, my thoughts on this: I actualy seriously considered the possibility of lynching the pardoner as the day one lynch, but then I realized something, the Pardoner is more pro-town a role than it at first seems. Why? Because its the only person who can singlehandedly shut down a scummy last minute vote switch, where all the scum switch over to their preferred target, and potentially win the game. Also, as long as the pardoner is level headed he'll save his power for a situation where its obviously beneficial to the town (e.g. save a player who is obviously town from a sudden and unexpected wagon).

As to the day 1 lynch, I think a lurker is absolutely 100% the best call, I've said it before, I *hate* lurkers, they make the endgame hellish. The benefit of having the mayor lead that lynch is that its almost entirely immune to scum influence, since (if we voted right) the mayor will be pro town.

Furthermore, since the pardoner/mayor knows who the bodyguards are, meaning that the mafia could hit those roles easier.


but if this happens we immediately cast suspicion on the pardoner and the mayor, so in that sense we force the scum to walk a dangerous line, if they snipe the bg too quickly then we know that one of them is the mayor or pardoner, if they leave them then they are leaving a powerful role in play in the form of the mayor or the pardoner

Also Kav, my comment about waiting till day 1 to plan and do crap was more out of frustration at the wait than anything else
Moderator
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 09 2011 18:02 GMT
#359
On April 10 2011 02:44 TranceStorm wrote:
Furthermore, since the pardoner/mayor knows who the bodyguards are, meaning that the mafia could hit those roles easier.


This part gives the mafia more incentive to run as mayor than usual. The last thing they want is two town running around causing trouble, with no way to kill them. The fact that they are rewarded for running, but coming in second also gives them a nice bonus. The pardon ability is an awesome way to completely derail town focus when mafia is in a tough spot. I would feel real unwary having a pardoner around late game if I wasn't sure of his alignment.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 09 2011 18:15 GMT
#360
On April 10 2011 03:02 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 02:44 TranceStorm wrote:
Furthermore, since the pardoner/mayor knows who the bodyguards are, meaning that the mafia could hit those roles easier.


This part gives the mafia more incentive to run as mayor than usual. The last thing they want is two town running around causing trouble, with no way to kill them. The fact that they are rewarded for running, but coming in second also gives them a nice bonus. The pardon ability is an awesome way to completely derail town focus when mafia is in a tough spot. I would feel real unwary having a pardoner around late game if I wasn't sure of his alignment.


This means we should focus our attentions on people who run and on really analyzing the hell out of our mayor/pardoner. Also I think that the mayor's power is being understated, he has a triple vote, in the hands of scum that would be lethally dangerous, bringing lylo much, much closer than it should be. Personally I think we should only vote for players we think are probably town, because the idea of having one or both of those power roles in the hands of the mafia is pretty worrying.

So yeah, let me state the obvious, make damn sure you are voting for pro town players, as these roles are pretty damn powerful.

Moderator
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1118
ComeBackTV 360
SteadfastSC334
TaKeTV 307
LamboSC2245
Rex124
IndyStarCraft 74
EnkiAlexander 40
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 334
LamboSC2 245
ProTech145
Rex 124
IndyStarCraft 74
BRAT_OK 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39931
Shuttle 2713
Horang2 884
Bisu 882
Mini 734
Jaedong 732
EffOrt 656
Light 518
Soma 397
Hyuk 344
[ Show more ]
BeSt 332
firebathero 322
Stork 273
Snow 192
ZerO 164
Zeus 154
Rush 153
ggaemo 140
Last 93
Leta 86
Pusan 75
Killer 70
sorry 67
hero 65
Sharp 49
Mong 39
Mind 38
Shinee 29
soO 28
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Free 22
Sexy 21
NotJumperer 20
Yoon 18
Terrorterran 17
HiyA 16
JulyZerg 10
Icarus 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7514
qojqva1596
Dendi922
Fuzer 141
420jenkins92
Counter-Strike
markeloff153
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2023
crisheroes1109
XaKoH 182
Other Games
gofns33496
singsing2307
olofmeister1246
B2W.Neo1070
Mlord266
DeMusliM174
Hui .154
Liquid`VortiX130
ArmadaUGS116
Mew2King80
QueenE71
ToD22
Chillindude19
Railgan13
ZerO(Twitch)10
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1896
League of Legends
• Jankos2268
• Nemesis1852
• TFBlade880
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 22m
Stellar Fest
23h 22m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.