• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:15
CEST 18:15
KST 01:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8461 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 179 Next
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 09 2011 00:22 GMT
#301
Yes, we talk every night if we want to
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 09 2011 00:22 GMT
#302
On April 09 2011 09:20 Lanaia wrote:
Do we, uh, talk during night in every TL game or what?


Yep, night talking is always allowed on tl (As far as I know) this is night0 though so the game doesn't actually start till this night is over
Moderator
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 09 2011 00:22 GMT
#303
Well this isn't technically night because no one takes actions. That said, there isn't much to talk about because we can't start mayoral campaigns. This means we're limited to mostly talking about general strategy and trying to establish a town policy, like no spam/try to contribute and add to the conversation, and other guidelines we'd like to put into place.
you gotta dance
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 09 2011 00:23 GMT
#304
you dont want to talk about town sensitive information at night. you dont want to help mafia choose targets.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 09 2011 00:39 GMT
#305
i dont talk at night

i think silence during night is the best policy for town
RIP Aaliyah
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 09 2011 01:10 GMT
#306
On April 09 2011 09:39 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
i dont talk at night

i think silence during night is the best policy for town


I completely disagree with this statement, I think the additional 24 hours of information are really valuable, its like extending the day by 24 hours. I dont think the additonal information we end up giving the mafia that way outweighs that at all. I mean look at Ver's analysis in XXXVII, they were all posted at night.
Moderator
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
April 09 2011 01:17 GMT
#307
On April 09 2011 08:47 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
/confirm

Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 08:26 Robellicose wrote:
woot got my pm. First TL mafia for me! although reading that insane mafia, I'm worried that my post count is going to be dwarfed by all you super active vets...


Don't worry too much, this shouldn't be as active as insane, because, well, Insane was Insane.

Hopefully people won't spam that much in this game, and I'd even like to put in a request that people try to limit their posting unless they have something relevant/meaningful to add to the conversation.

People who just quote others, and say "I agree", or repeat the same things as others have already brought up, are perfect examples of "contributing without contributing", and that's a scum-tell.


I agree about not spamming for sure, but telling people to "limit their posting unless they have something relevant/meaningful to add" can be intimidating for first time players of forum mafia. If you're a first time player, don't be afraid to get your thoughts out there in the thread, even if your thoughts aren't as deep or valuable as other players' thoughts. You're only gonna learn by trying. Plus, if your posting style makes us see that you're green, we won't have to waste time lynching you :D.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 09 2011 01:20 GMT
#308
On April 09 2011 10:10 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 09:39 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
i dont talk at night

i think silence during night is the best policy for town


I completely disagree with this statement, I think the additional 24 hours of information are really valuable, its like extending the day by 24 hours. I dont think the additonal information we end up giving the mafia that way outweighs that at all. I mean look at Ver's analysis in XXXVII, they were all posted at night.


I actually disagree as well. Having someone flip gives a lot of new information and can give posts by people a new light. Why would you not want to analyze before the end of night where you might possibly die? Ver said he was afraid he'd be shot every night so he posted his thoughts during the night and that helped town greatly.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 09 2011 01:22 GMT
#309
I dunno if its considered cheating but if i got something i need to say and im worried about being hit i will post my info at the last second so the mafia cant change hits based on it.
this is generally the safest route.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 09 2011 01:25 GMT
#310
On April 09 2011 10:22 Coagulation wrote:
I dunno if its considered cheating but if i got something i need to say and im worried about being hit i will post my info at the last second so the mafia cant change hits based on it.
this is generally the safest route.


Yeah i did this several times in insane to prove that i was a townie.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
aidnai
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1159 Posts
April 09 2011 01:26 GMT
#311
I agree with DrH about night talking. If you talk at night, there's nothing town can do about it until day, only mafia has the power at night.

If you're afraid you'll die, yes, go ahead and post your thoughts before the day post. But that's not the same as just normal townie conversations.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 09 2011 01:38 GMT
#312
On April 09 2011 10:26 aidnai wrote:
I agree with DrH about night talking. If you talk at night, there's nothing town can do about it until day, only mafia has the power at night.


town has plenty of night action powers...
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 09 2011 01:40 GMT
#313
On April 09 2011 10:38 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 10:26 aidnai wrote:
I agree with DrH about night talking. If you talk at night, there's nothing town can do about it until day, only mafia has the power at night.


town has plenty of night action powers...

and none of them involve talking
RIP Aaliyah
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
April 09 2011 01:43 GMT
#314
yeah thats true to an extent. an experienced player may be able to make all the right calls without discussing it however newer players may need to have a little town guidance.
but like i said im still on the being quiet at nights side of the fence..
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
April 09 2011 01:52 GMT
#315
On April 09 2011 10:17 GGQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 08:47 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
/confirm

On April 09 2011 08:26 Robellicose wrote:
woot got my pm. First TL mafia for me! although reading that insane mafia, I'm worried that my post count is going to be dwarfed by all you super active vets...


Don't worry too much, this shouldn't be as active as insane, because, well, Insane was Insane.

Hopefully people won't spam that much in this game, and I'd even like to put in a request that people try to limit their posting unless they have something relevant/meaningful to add to the conversation.

People who just quote others, and say "I agree", or repeat the same things as others have already brought up, are perfect examples of "contributing without contributing", and that's a scum-tell.


I agree about not spamming for sure, but telling people to "limit their posting unless they have something relevant/meaningful to add" can be intimidating for first time players of forum mafia. If you're a first time player, don't be afraid to get your thoughts out there in the thread, even if your thoughts aren't as deep or valuable as other players' thoughts. You're only gonna learn by trying. Plus, if your posting style makes us see that you're green, we won't have to waste time lynching you :D.


Well if you're posting your own thoughts, then that's meaningful AND relevant, haha. But 9000 posts of cats in top hats and monocles wouldn't be. And saying "I agree" after every post isn't really contributing. If you want to agree with someone, at least add your own thought process as to why, and give some kind of explanation. That way you can look for mafia trying to make stuff up too.
you gotta dance
kevconsim
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
April 09 2011 02:01 GMT
#316
Hello everyone I WISH EVERYONE GOOD LUCK AND NO MODKILLS.

FOS EVERYONE
Just to let you know that if you read really slow that you are in fact reading this beautifully written quote you will have totally wasted like 10 seconds of your life.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
April 09 2011 02:03 GMT
#317
On April 09 2011 11:01 kevconsim wrote:
Hello everyone I WISH EVERYONE GOOD LUCK AND NO MODKILLS.

Agreed! Let's keep my finals weeks mafia drama free!
Uff Da
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
April 09 2011 02:06 GMT
#318
OMG kitaman27 what are you doing here with... that person!!! Are you cheating on me!
</drama>
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
April 09 2011 02:27 GMT
#319
On April 09 2011 11:06 LSB wrote:
OMG kitaman27 what are you doing here with... that person!!! Are you cheating on me!
</drama>


I'm free from your slavery. You have no power here.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 09 2011 02:46 GMT
#320
I should start sprinkling in some alignment PM flavoring in my posts...

Make mafia sweat a little...
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1239
ComeBackTV 581
SteadfastSC460
TaKeTV 452
LamboSC2380
IndyStarCraft 158
Rex127
EnkiAlexander 62
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 460
LamboSC2 380
mouzHeroMarine 222
IndyStarCraft 158
ProTech156
Rex 127
BRAT_OK 71
UpATreeSC 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32654
Shuttle 1884
EffOrt 927
Mini 619
Light 557
Soma 445
Rush 339
firebathero 318
Snow 206
ZerO 173
[ Show more ]
hero 163
sorry 58
Sea.KH 57
Killer 46
Liquid`Ret 39
Mong 32
Shinee 32
ToSsGirL 30
Sexy 22
soO 20
Bale 19
Shine 18
Trap 18
Free 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8542
qojqva1279
Dendi933
420jenkins157
Counter-Strike
fl0m1314
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2271
crisheroes1475
XaKoH 198
MindelVK8
Other Games
singsing1876
B2W.Neo1008
Beastyqt211
Hui .199
ArmadaUGS193
KnowMe124
QueenE107
Mew2King91
Trikslyr67
ToD49
Dewaltoss41
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 20
• Adnapsc2 2
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• HerbMon 13
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3262
• TFBlade1115
Other Games
• Shiphtur252
• WagamamaTV218
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 45m
Stellar Fest
20h 45m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.