• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:31
CEST 10:31
KST 17:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9402 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 885

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 883 884 885 886 887 6005 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
November 01 2018 16:11 GMT
#17681
--- Nuked ---
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10007 Posts
November 01 2018 16:12 GMT
#17682
On November 02 2018 01:08 Plansix wrote:
I don’t think those tactics are doing the Republicans any favors in the last couple weeks. The overt racial overtones his messaging coupled with the recent violence is making people afraid. Not of illegal immigrants, but of political violence. There was a poll that over 40% of the country blamed Trump for the divisive state of politics. That isn’t a good stat going into the mid terms and not a sign he should be ramping it up. But he only knows one way to win.


I would wager that over 40% of the country blames Trump for everything.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
November 01 2018 16:16 GMT
#17683
On November 02 2018 01:11 Plansix wrote:
Folks, this is very very bad and we need to pray it was not the Saudi goverment that did this. If you want to see things escalate very quickly, people dying on US soil is how it starts.



Only if you have a change in government. Trump and his base do not give any fucks about people who look like Muslims or have Muslim-sounding names. They simply don't really count as important to them.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 16:31:26
November 01 2018 16:17 GMT
#17684
On November 02 2018 01:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2018 01:08 Plansix wrote:
I don’t think those tactics are doing the Republicans any favors in the last couple weeks. The overt racial overtones his messaging coupled with the recent violence is making people afraid. Not of illegal immigrants, but of political violence. There was a poll that over 40% of the country blamed Trump for the divisive state of politics. That isn’t a good stat going into the mid terms and not a sign he should be ramping it up. But he only knows one way to win.


I would wager that over 40% of the country blames Trump for everything.

Self identifying democrats make up 29% of the country by most estimates. So 40% starts to bleed into independents.

Edit: In a pretty shocking turn of events, every news organization is calling that Trump ad straight up racist.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 17:30:55
November 01 2018 17:29 GMT
#17685
On November 02 2018 01:17 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2018 01:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
On November 02 2018 01:08 Plansix wrote:
I don’t think those tactics are doing the Republicans any favors in the last couple weeks. The overt racial overtones his messaging coupled with the recent violence is making people afraid. Not of illegal immigrants, but of political violence. There was a poll that over 40% of the country blamed Trump for the divisive state of politics. That isn’t a good stat going into the mid terms and not a sign he should be ramping it up. But he only knows one way to win.


I would wager that over 40% of the country blames Trump for everything.



Edit: In a pretty shocking turn of events, every news organization is calling that Trump ad straight up racist.

He explained this already after his 'they're not sending us their best' speech in 2015, he's not racist:

“I can never apologize for the truth. I don’t mind apologizing for things. But I can’t apologize for the truth. I said tremendous crime is coming across. Everybody knows that’s true. And it’s happening all the time. So, why, when I mention, all of a sudden I’m a racist. I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

He's just telling the truth. Everyone knows it. /s And what's so different between this video ad and his speech back then?

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Well I guess the 'good people' part is missing in this new video but who cares about those minor details.

This is clearly another case of the media being the enemy of the people. Because as Fox and Friends host Ainsley Earhardt so beautifully stated:
Every single time you turn on the TV, on every channel, they are misconstruing what you say. You know your heart, you know your words, you know your voice. And you watch other people report on what you say, and it's different than what you mean. [...]. if you don't want to be called the enemy, get the story right be accurate and report it the way I want it reported
source

So you may think this ad is made to associate the refugee caravan with this ruthless murderer, and blame the democrats for it, and have people wake up at night thinking about this cold hearted criminal staring at you, and that the democrats like cold hearted criminals and want more of them, and that might be what the ad says, but that is not what he means! He just wanted to tweet that murderers are bad people and people immediately assume silly things like that he is racist. Why can't people just report the way he wants them to report? /s
Neosteel Enthusiast
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
November 01 2018 17:40 GMT
#17686
On November 02 2018 02:29 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2018 01:17 Plansix wrote:
On November 02 2018 01:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
On November 02 2018 01:08 Plansix wrote:
I don’t think those tactics are doing the Republicans any favors in the last couple weeks. The overt racial overtones his messaging coupled with the recent violence is making people afraid. Not of illegal immigrants, but of political violence. There was a poll that over 40% of the country blamed Trump for the divisive state of politics. That isn’t a good stat going into the mid terms and not a sign he should be ramping it up. But he only knows one way to win.


I would wager that over 40% of the country blames Trump for everything.



Edit: In a pretty shocking turn of events, every news organization is calling that Trump ad straight up racist.

He explained this already after his 'they're not sending us their best' speech in 2015, he's not racist:

“I can never apologize for the truth. I don’t mind apologizing for things. But I can’t apologize for the truth. I said tremendous crime is coming across. Everybody knows that’s true. And it’s happening all the time. So, why, when I mention, all of a sudden I’m a racist. I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

He's just telling the truth. Everyone knows it. /s And what's so different between this video ad and his speech back then?

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Well I guess the 'good people' part is missing in this new video but who cares about those minor details.

This is clearly another case of the media being the enemy of the people. Because as Fox and Friends host Ainsley Earhardt so beautifully stated:
Show nested quote +
Every single time you turn on the TV, on every channel, they are misconstruing what you say. You know your heart, you know your words, you know your voice. And you watch other people report on what you say, and it's different than what you mean. [...]. if you don't want to be called the enemy, get the story right be accurate and report it the way I want it reported
source

So you may think this ad is made to associate the refugee caravan with this ruthless murderer, and blame the democrats for it, and have people wake up at night thinking about this cold hearted criminal staring at you, and that the democrats like cold hearted criminals and want more of them, and that might be what the ad says, but that is not what he means! He just wanted to tweet that murderers are bad people and people immediately assume silly things like that he is racist. Why can't people just report the way he wants them to report? /s

I would say Fox News doesn't deserve to be called journalism, but it actually isn't. When push comes to shove, they never claim they provide actual journalism, they can only call themselves entertainment. Because they refuse to hold themselves accountable to the basic tenets of journalistic integrity. I guess, ultimately, they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves news like they do. It's garbage. Say what you want about CNN, they at least pass the basic tests for journalism.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 17:49:05
November 01 2018 17:48 GMT
#17687
On November 02 2018 02:40 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2018 02:29 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On November 02 2018 01:17 Plansix wrote:
On November 02 2018 01:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
On November 02 2018 01:08 Plansix wrote:
I don’t think those tactics are doing the Republicans any favors in the last couple weeks. The overt racial overtones his messaging coupled with the recent violence is making people afraid. Not of illegal immigrants, but of political violence. There was a poll that over 40% of the country blamed Trump for the divisive state of politics. That isn’t a good stat going into the mid terms and not a sign he should be ramping it up. But he only knows one way to win.


I would wager that over 40% of the country blames Trump for everything.



Edit: In a pretty shocking turn of events, every news organization is calling that Trump ad straight up racist.

He explained this already after his 'they're not sending us their best' speech in 2015, he's not racist:

“I can never apologize for the truth. I don’t mind apologizing for things. But I can’t apologize for the truth. I said tremendous crime is coming across. Everybody knows that’s true. And it’s happening all the time. So, why, when I mention, all of a sudden I’m a racist. I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

He's just telling the truth. Everyone knows it. /s And what's so different between this video ad and his speech back then?

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Well I guess the 'good people' part is missing in this new video but who cares about those minor details.

This is clearly another case of the media being the enemy of the people. Because as Fox and Friends host Ainsley Earhardt so beautifully stated:
Every single time you turn on the TV, on every channel, they are misconstruing what you say. You know your heart, you know your words, you know your voice. And you watch other people report on what you say, and it's different than what you mean. [...]. if you don't want to be called the enemy, get the story right be accurate and report it the way I want it reported
source

So you may think this ad is made to associate the refugee caravan with this ruthless murderer, and blame the democrats for it, and have people wake up at night thinking about this cold hearted criminal staring at you, and that the democrats like cold hearted criminals and want more of them, and that might be what the ad says, but that is not what he means! He just wanted to tweet that murderers are bad people and people immediately assume silly things like that he is racist. Why can't people just report the way he wants them to report? /s

I would say Fox News doesn't deserve to be called journalism, but it actually isn't. When push comes to shove, they never claim they provide actual journalism, they can only call themselves entertainment. Because they refuse to hold themselves accountable to the basic tenets of journalistic integrity. I guess, ultimately, they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves news like they do. It's garbage. Say what you want about CNN, they at least pass the basic tests for journalism.


I mean that excuse is a bit like calling your company "Freddie's fresh fruit" and then proclaim you're not in the fresh fruit business when people complain about all the rotten fruit you're peddling. They're not journalist and they they don't peddle news, but they still call themselves Fox News and imitate being a news program. It's deceiving and scummy at best and shouldn't be legal.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 18:40:27
November 01 2018 17:50 GMT
#17688
There are calls from the US goverment for a cease fire in Yemen within 30 days. Better late than never I guess.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
November 01 2018 17:51 GMT
#17689
--- Nuked ---
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
November 01 2018 19:10 GMT
#17690
On November 02 2018 02:48 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2018 02:40 NewSunshine wrote:
On November 02 2018 02:29 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On November 02 2018 01:17 Plansix wrote:
On November 02 2018 01:12 Jockmcplop wrote:
On November 02 2018 01:08 Plansix wrote:
I don’t think those tactics are doing the Republicans any favors in the last couple weeks. The overt racial overtones his messaging coupled with the recent violence is making people afraid. Not of illegal immigrants, but of political violence. There was a poll that over 40% of the country blamed Trump for the divisive state of politics. That isn’t a good stat going into the mid terms and not a sign he should be ramping it up. But he only knows one way to win.


I would wager that over 40% of the country blames Trump for everything.



Edit: In a pretty shocking turn of events, every news organization is calling that Trump ad straight up racist.

He explained this already after his 'they're not sending us their best' speech in 2015, he's not racist:

“I can never apologize for the truth. I don’t mind apologizing for things. But I can’t apologize for the truth. I said tremendous crime is coming across. Everybody knows that’s true. And it’s happening all the time. So, why, when I mention, all of a sudden I’m a racist. I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

He's just telling the truth. Everyone knows it. /s And what's so different between this video ad and his speech back then?

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Well I guess the 'good people' part is missing in this new video but who cares about those minor details.

This is clearly another case of the media being the enemy of the people. Because as Fox and Friends host Ainsley Earhardt so beautifully stated:
Every single time you turn on the TV, on every channel, they are misconstruing what you say. You know your heart, you know your words, you know your voice. And you watch other people report on what you say, and it's different than what you mean. [...]. if you don't want to be called the enemy, get the story right be accurate and report it the way I want it reported
source

So you may think this ad is made to associate the refugee caravan with this ruthless murderer, and blame the democrats for it, and have people wake up at night thinking about this cold hearted criminal staring at you, and that the democrats like cold hearted criminals and want more of them, and that might be what the ad says, but that is not what he means! He just wanted to tweet that murderers are bad people and people immediately assume silly things like that he is racist. Why can't people just report the way he wants them to report? /s

I would say Fox News doesn't deserve to be called journalism, but it actually isn't. When push comes to shove, they never claim they provide actual journalism, they can only call themselves entertainment. Because they refuse to hold themselves accountable to the basic tenets of journalistic integrity. I guess, ultimately, they shouldn't be allowed to call themselves news like they do. It's garbage. Say what you want about CNN, they at least pass the basic tests for journalism.


I mean that excuse is a bit like calling your company "Freddie's fresh fruit" and then proclaim you're not in the fresh fruit business when people complain about all the rotten fruit you're peddling. They're not journalist and they they don't peddle news, but they still call themselves Fox News and imitate being a news program. It's deceiving and scummy at best and shouldn't be legal.

It shouldn't, but we repealed the Fairness Doctrine some time ago and haven't looked back. Fox News has only run with the ball since we dropped it collectively. If anyone wants to know why certain people treat politics like a game or sporting event, and if you want to know why there's so much anti-brown people fear mongering, including from our president, watch Fox News for like 5 minutes. They're a bunch of boot-licking talking heads who want the news to watch like Sports Center, and it shows. It's a joke start to finish.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Yanokabo
Profile Joined October 2018
268 Posts
November 01 2018 20:17 GMT
#17691
Trump to take away birthright citizenship to babies born in us to non citizen/ Immigrant parents? What do people think about this? Personally as someone who is a republican and has a distaste for obama and Hillary Clinton I find this move questionable morally.
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
November 01 2018 20:23 GMT
#17692
The necessity of the birthright clause in the 14th amendment isn't really there anymore since we don't have a large population of former american slaves whose parents were not citizens of the United States. The issue is that the president thinks you can undo the Constitution with an executive order.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 01 2018 20:41 GMT
#17693
Birthright citizenship has been a foundation to the culture of the US. We are one of the few nations that is willing to treat immigrants that become naturalized as full citizens without reservation or caveat. If you buy into the so called “American Dream”, you are American. Birthright citizenship is part of that.

The real reason birthright citizenship has come up again is it furthers the culture war that Trump is interested in propagating. There is no way we are amending the Constitution to remove it. It isn’t a political reality that will ever happen. The reason it is brought up is that it angers people who think it is unfair that illegal immigrants children are legal citizens. But that rolls back to the US’s broken immigration system and that our labor demands are not met by our current population. And it is a problem that the legislature has been happy to kick down the road forever.

The inability to pass immigration reform can traced back to the 1990s and Newt Gingrich’s plan to end bipartisan efforts in congress. Once he was speaker, he adopted a plan of causing gridlock in government through partisan efforts and then running based on the frustrations of the US public. And outrage about illegal immigration has been part of that. It drives people to the polls, so why fix it? Why kill the golden goose?

Trump isn’t going to end birthright citizenship. He is just going to dust it off every time he needs to drive turnout for an election. Just like sending troops to the border.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
November 01 2018 21:05 GMT
#17694
On November 02 2018 02:50 Plansix wrote:
There are calls from the US goverment for a cease fire in Yemen within 30 days. Better late than never I guess.


Does this include a lifting of the blockade? A lot of the humanitarian harm is being done by the blockade, so if it doesn't address that then it seems a somewhat empty gesture.
Logo
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 01 2018 21:09 GMT
#17695
On November 02 2018 06:05 Logo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2018 02:50 Plansix wrote:
There are calls from the US goverment for a cease fire in Yemen within 30 days. Better late than never I guess.


Does this include a lifting of the blockade? A lot of the humanitarian harm is being done by the blockade, so if it doesn't address that then it seems a somewhat empty gesture.

I think they are hoping to stop the fighting and then lift the blockade. But it is hard to get a read on it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
pmh
Profile Joined March 2016
1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 23:39:00
November 01 2018 23:16 GMT
#17696
Few more days to go till midterms,how exciting (not sarcasm).
According to polls that I have seen (538 and others) the democrats are supposed to have a 80%+ chance of gaining control of the house. Seems like a very high chance to me,trump has not done that badly thus far.
For America I hope the republicans will win. Having democrats gain the house would be horrible I think,there is still so much salt from hillarys defeat.
2 years of obstructing everything possible just for the sake of it,possibly less years if they can push to get trump impeached. Either way it will be 2 years in which not much gets done which wouldnt be that great for the country I think.

Its hard to make a prediction,am still inclined to think the republicans will hold the house even though the odds seem to be against them.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 23:31:57
November 01 2018 23:30 GMT
#17697
Edit: nope. Nvm. I'm not taking the bait. Someone else can have fun with this one
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
November 01 2018 23:32 GMT
#17698
Yeah, there'd be less negative coverage of Trump if he didn't do things like promise tax cuts before November while Congress was out of session.
pmh
Profile Joined March 2016
1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 23:40:52
November 01 2018 23:38 GMT
#17699
Its not meant as bait,it is actually serious but if it offends that much I will remove it.

It was written a bit provocative,thats a bad habbit of me but the intention was not bad.
Its true,the media do have a huge influence on elections. I thought it was kinda interesting to mention it with all the fuzz about rusian adds.
Do people even realize how much influence their own media has on elections? And then specially when it is very biased reporting day in day out.That has an enormous impact. (am seriously here btw,not baiting)
Both sides do this no doubt so it is not meant to put the blame on anyone, its something that is good to be aware off.
Maybe its a flaw in the system.

The flaw being that the system relies on people making an educated vote,but the education of the people (which for many people is that what the media provides) is anything but educated and objective.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-01 23:40:23
November 01 2018 23:38 GMT
#17700
On November 02 2018 08:16 pmh wrote:
Few more days to go till midterms,how exciting (not sarcasm).
According to polls that I have seen (538 and others) the democrats are supposed to have a 80%+ chance of gaining control of the house. Seems like a very high chance to me,trump has not done that badly thus far.
For America I hope the republicans will win. Having democrats gain the house would be horrible I think,there is still so much salt from hillarys defeat.
2 years of obstructing everything possible just for the sake of it,possibly less years if they can push to get trump impeached. Either way it will be 2 years in which not much gets done which wouldnt be that great for the country I think.

Its hard to make a prediction,am still inclined to think the republicans will hold the house even though the odds seem to be against them.

if the media had been at least somewhat positive about trump instead of hammering the negative day in day out then this election would have been a walk in the park for republicans. I wonder how much cnn and other big news media influence elections. It surely must be 100000000 times more then rusian adds but whatever,


My take away from this post is that everyone but the Republicans and Trump are to blame if the Democrats take the House.

Also, if you don’t like obstruction, don’t vote for Republicans. The most productive congresses in the last 30 years were controlled by Democrats. The Republicans just feed the gridlock and run on grievance politics over the gridlock they caused.

Edit: please stop using “the media”. It is so vague you might as well not even post.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Prev 1 883 884 885 886 887 6005 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1062
Soulkey 246
Soma 215
sorry 144
Larva 111
Mind 72
ZerO 36
soO 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
scan(afreeca) 18
League of Legends
JimRising 600
Counter-Strike
edward245
Other Games
summit1g8473
singsing1119
WinterStarcraft697
Coldzera 682
Sick210
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick724
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• LUISG 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2235
League of Legends
• Jankos1790
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 30m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.