• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:38
CEST 19:38
KST 02:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8043 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 600

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 598 599 600 601 602 1067 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
March 13 2015 12:43 GMT
#11981
On March 13 2015 21:06 SwizzY wrote:
Opinions on dead-end relationships?

Dating a really cool Indian girl right now who is all sorts of great: funny, intelligent, motivated, beautiful, and is actually really open-minded. We are both seniors in college and have things going for us.
The catch: She has fairly conservative parents who are classic xenophobic/ethnocentric and really have no mind to accept any guy who isn't Indian.... And I'm Korean LOL.

We've openly talked about the potential of the relationship and every time we get near mid/endgame everything gets murky and pretty depressing to say the least. It's been a month so far and it's going fantastic. This isn't my first relationship by a long shot so I'm pretty experienced as far as what to expect and not drinking the infatuation koolaid.
I understand that I should really expect the worst and guard myself, but I feel like she is worth giving effort for. What are some of your opinions or experiences?


I've lived with a chinese born and raised girl older than me for 5 years. She was 2.5years older than me. In the end the relationship ended because when it came near her 28 their culture dictates that marriage is really important and I was just not ready for it at 25/26.

But I mean, it was great 5 years I wouldn't really take that back!
But should something like that happen to me where I meet a girl where fundamentally it just can't work long run I'd be very open about it, make sure to agree we have no long term plans and we are here to enjoy each other right now and here without any expectations - and have a great time.
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
March 13 2015 13:30 GMT
#11982
On March 13 2015 21:06 SwizzY wrote:
Opinions on dead-end relationships?

Dating a really cool Indian girl right now who is all sorts of great: funny, intelligent, motivated, beautiful, and is actually really open-minded. We are both seniors in college and have things going for us.
The catch: She has fairly conservative parents who are classic xenophobic/ethnocentric and really have no mind to accept any guy who isn't Indian.... And I'm Korean LOL.

We've openly talked about the potential of the relationship and every time we get near mid/endgame everything gets murky and pretty depressing to say the least. It's been a month so far and it's going fantastic. This isn't my first relationship by a long shot so I'm pretty experienced as far as what to expect and not drinking the infatuation koolaid.
I understand that I should really expect the worst and guard myself, but I feel like she is worth giving effort for. What are some of your opinions or experiences?

It's going to be up to you guys. Will her parents disown her?
Can you and she handle you being treated like a lesser person like that?
Also has she told her parents? Have you told yours?

In the end it's going to be her life, not her parents, and cross race relationships are becoming so common, even Indian Korean mixed children won't look odd 20 years down the line.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Kurumi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Poland6130 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-14 22:46:50
March 13 2015 13:58 GMT
#11983
Guys why does page 590 have a different background?

On topic:
Next week going to travel 2h 30 min to a girl met some time ago on the Internet. She's pretty awesome and into me, hopefully we'll make our lives funnier!
I work alone. // Visit TL Mafia subforum!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18451 Posts
March 13 2015 14:41 GMT
#11984
On March 13 2015 22:58 Kurumi wrote:
Guys why does page 590 have a different background?

On topic:
Next week going to travel 2h 30 min to a girl met some time ago on the Internet. She's pretty awesome and into me, hopefully we'll make our lives funnier!

WTF? This is true! Kurumi found a TL Easter Egg?
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
March 13 2015 14:47 GMT
#11985
On March 13 2015 23:41 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 22:58 Kurumi wrote:
Guys why does page 590 have a different background?

On topic:
Next week going to travel 2h 30 min to a girl met some time ago on the Internet. She's pretty awesome and into me, hopefully we'll make our lives funnier!

WTF? This is true! Kurumi found a TL Easter Egg?

Haha love it
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
March 13 2015 15:12 GMT
#11986
Such a random page to have the easter egg on. I checked other threads to see maybe if it was a page 590 artifact and I didn't find it anywhere else.
kidleaderr
Profile Joined April 2013
368 Posts
March 13 2015 19:02 GMT
#11987
On March 13 2015 21:25 Copymizer wrote:
is it weird not necessarily wanting to have a girl, but just some good sex? i've felt this way for awhile now


i feel the same way.


waffelz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Germany711 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-13 19:42:01
March 13 2015 19:41 GMT
#11988
On March 13 2015 21:06 SwizzY wrote:
Opinions on dead-end relationships?

Dating a really cool Indian girl right now who is all sorts of great: funny, intelligent, motivated, beautiful, and is actually really open-minded. We are both seniors in college and have things going for us.
The catch: She has fairly conservative parents who are classic xenophobic/ethnocentric and really have no mind to accept any guy who isn't Indian.... And I'm Korean LOL.

We've openly talked about the potential of the relationship and every time we get near mid/endgame everything gets murky and pretty depressing to say the least. It's been a month so far and it's going fantastic. This isn't my first relationship by a long shot so I'm pretty experienced as far as what to expect and not drinking the infatuation koolaid.
I understand that I should really expect the worst and guard myself, but I feel like she is worth giving effort for. What are some of your opinions or experiences?


As the others said, if you think shes worth it and if she can live with the consequenses go for it, but make sure that you evaluate the situation correctly. Make sure you know what exactly this would mean to her, as she seem to be the person that would get affected the most. Also, please be sure how "conservative" her parents exactly are. I dont know how common this is in the USA, but here are some extremely conservative people. Not to long ago some pakistan parents who live in the same city as I do, strangeld their daughter because she was about to marry a guy from a lower cast. Not to say that all are as extreme, but make sure you know what you are getting her into. Also, the disowning is pretty serious. A fellow student whos also indian has a south-asian girlfriend and if his father would find out, he would kick him out of the house immediately. So please take caution, some of theese cultures take that stuff pretty seriously.
RIP "The big travis CS degree thread", taken from us too soon | Honourable forum princess, defended by Rebs-approved white knights
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-13 23:39:01
March 13 2015 23:38 GMT
#11989
On March 13 2015 20:37 Mina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 15:33 MarlieChurphy wrote:

PS- Anyone who has dated these kinds of women, was it arousing to them when you were 'pro' at games?

I'm sorry, WUT?

The other way around, do you find it arousing when girls are pro at games? Arousing being the keyword here...


Arousing is one of those words that people have a pretty extreme description of in their head. Arousing in the brain/limbic system sense of the word.


And yes I probably would, however. I have never met one, so I don't know.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
March 13 2015 23:41 GMT
#11990
On March 13 2015 21:06 SwizzY wrote:
Opinions on dead-end relationships?

Dating a really cool Indian girl right now who is all sorts of great: funny, intelligent, motivated, beautiful, and is actually really open-minded. We are both seniors in college and have things going for us.
The catch: She has fairly conservative parents who are classic xenophobic/ethnocentric and really have no mind to accept any guy who isn't Indian.... And I'm Korean LOL.

We've openly talked about the potential of the relationship and every time we get near mid/endgame everything gets murky and pretty depressing to say the least. It's been a month so far and it's going fantastic. This isn't my first relationship by a long shot so I'm pretty experienced as far as what to expect and not drinking the infatuation koolaid.
I understand that I should really expect the worst and guard myself, but I feel like she is worth giving effort for. What are some of your opinions or experiences?



LPT: relationships in your teens and early twenties aren't meant to last. So don't rush them or put too much weight/pressure on them. You guys are still young and your brains aren't even done developing until around the age of 25.

You could be entirely different people in a years time. Beyond that, as a man you can never really settle down until you get your 'playing the field' drive out of your system. If in the deep back of your mind you wanna slay all these various types of girls and experience all kinds of females still, then you won't be happy settling down with that in your mind.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
March 13 2015 23:44 GMT
#11991
Gah just my luck. At a bar, attractive girl initiates conversation with me and asks to exchange numbers, she's 20 and I'm 23. Turns out she has a 2 year old kid. :-\
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
March 14 2015 11:17 GMT
#11992
On March 14 2015 08:44 Chewbacca. wrote:
Gah just my luck. At a bar, attractive girl initiates conversation with me and asks to exchange numbers, she's 20 and I'm 23. Turns out she has a 2 year old kid. :-\


I'm starting to think that it's no coincidence that this has never happened to me.
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
March 14 2015 12:44 GMT
#11993
On March 14 2015 08:44 Chewbacca. wrote:
Gah just my luck. At a bar, attractive girl initiates conversation with me and asks to exchange numbers, she's 20 and I'm 23. Turns out she has a 2 year old kid. :-\

Single moms are great bro go for it
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46489 Posts
March 14 2015 12:51 GMT
#11994
On March 13 2015 23:41 Acrofales wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 22:58 Kurumi wrote:
Guys why does page 590 have a different background?

On topic:
Next week going to travel 2h 30 min to a girl met some time ago on the Internet. She's pretty awesome and into me, hopefully we'll make our lives funnier!

WTF? This is true! Kurumi found a TL Easter Egg?


This is amazing

On March 13 2015 21:25 Copymizer wrote:
is it weird not necessarily wanting to have a girl, but just some good sex? i've felt this way for awhile now


You mean just hooking up/ friends with benefits, rather than an exclusive relationship?

That's not uncommon at all; it depends on a lot of things, including where you are emotionally. People who just ended a relationship, for example, might be more likely to just "rebound" or "play the field" rather than rushing into another relationship. And even if that's not your current situation, it's completely fine to just be in it for the physical aspects. What's important is that you make your intentions known when the opportunity arises, so that you don't lead the girl on
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Copymizer
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark2108 Posts
March 14 2015 13:24 GMT
#11995
Thanks, that actually helped me because i just came out of a relationship a couple months ago. Telling intentions is defintely most important. i'm looking to play the field as you said
~~Yo man ! MBCGame HERO Fighting !! Holy check !
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
March 14 2015 13:30 GMT
#11996
On March 14 2015 20:17 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2015 08:44 Chewbacca. wrote:
Gah just my luck. At a bar, attractive girl initiates conversation with me and asks to exchange numbers, she's 20 and I'm 23. Turns out she has a 2 year old kid. :-\


I'm starting to think that it's no coincidence that this has never happened to me.


Meh it was the first time the girl ever initiated with me either. Normally I got to do the work.
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
March 14 2015 13:32 GMT
#11997
On March 14 2015 00:12 Najda wrote:
Such a random page to have the easter egg on. I checked other threads to see maybe if it was a page 590 artifact and I didn't find it anywhere else.


There are certainly other threads/pages that have modified backgrounds like that. I couldn't tell you which ones specifically off the top of my head though.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46489 Posts
March 14 2015 13:35 GMT
#11998
On March 14 2015 22:32 Chewbacca. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2015 00:12 Najda wrote:
Such a random page to have the easter egg on. I checked other threads to see maybe if it was a page 590 artifact and I didn't find it anywhere else.


There are certainly other threads/pages that have modified backgrounds like that. I couldn't tell you which ones specifically off the top of my head though.


Beware the flying monkey men, my pretty.

On March 14 2015 22:24 Copymizer wrote:
Thanks, that actually helped me because i just came out of a relationship a couple months ago. Telling intentions is defintely most important. i'm looking to play the field as you said


Best of luck
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
March 14 2015 14:15 GMT
#11999
On March 13 2015 21:06 SwizzY wrote:
Opinions on dead-end relationships?

Dating a really cool Indian girl right now who is all sorts of great: funny, intelligent, motivated, beautiful, and is actually really open-minded. We are both seniors in college and have things going for us.
The catch: She has fairly conservative parents who are classic xenophobic/ethnocentric and really have no mind to accept any guy who isn't Indian.... And I'm Korean LOL.

We've openly talked about the potential of the relationship and every time we get near mid/endgame everything gets murky and pretty depressing to say the least. It's been a month so far and it's going fantastic. This isn't my first relationship by a long shot so I'm pretty experienced as far as what to expect and not drinking the infatuation koolaid.
I understand that I should really expect the worst and guard myself, but I feel like she is worth giving effort for. What are some of your opinions or experiences?


I understand your concern etc but just saying from my personal experience, indians (unlike middle easterners) are actually rather ok with eastern asian. Know a couple of indian girls went out with chinese descent guys and one of them married a chinese guy. They are all raised and born in uk etc.

I would say screw her parents (no, dont actually do it lol), if she likes you and want to go out with you then you shouldn't concern about how her parents think, talk to her about your concerns and if she is ok with it then whats stopping you there.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-14 23:22:30
March 14 2015 23:22 GMT
#12000
On March 14 2015 22:35 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2015 22:32 Chewbacca. wrote:
On March 14 2015 00:12 Najda wrote:
Such a random page to have the easter egg on. I checked other threads to see maybe if it was a page 590 artifact and I didn't find it anywhere else.


There are certainly other threads/pages that have modified backgrounds like that. I couldn't tell you which ones specifically off the top of my head though.


Beware the flying monkey men, my pretty.

No don't send me to disneyland!

TL has a few funny quirks.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Prev 1 598 599 600 601 602 1067 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2411
RotterdaM729
TaKeTV 208
IndyStarCraft 183
BRAT_OK 87
ZombieGrub19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2411
RotterdaM 729
ByuN 339
IndyStarCraft 183
MaxPax 142
BRAT_OK 87
UpATreeSC 57
ZombieGrub19
MindelVK 15
RuFF_SC2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3424
Shuttle 852
Mini 462
EffOrt 405
Rush 180
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 95
910 75
Zeus 71
Shinee 64
[ Show more ]
HiyA 55
hero 54
Bale 25
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 11
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2809
Counter-Strike
fl0m4876
pashabiceps865
Fnx 721
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2513
Other Games
singsing2169
Beastyqt689
ceh9673
mouzStarbuck189
XaKoH 128
QueenE66
Trikslyr60
C9.Mang039
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• StrangeGG 30
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV110
Other Games
• imaqtpie434
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 22m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 22m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.