• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9490 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 593

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 591 592 593 594 595 1067 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
February 21 2015 16:01 GMT
#11841
On February 22 2015 00:48 Ghostcom wrote:
Taking 24 hours to respond "me too, thanks" does seem a little slow to be honest. If you are not interested why not tell her so?
Regardless of how long it was between responses, sending a text like that seems to be initiating an overly accusatory and aggressive tone and is a big turn off to me. It sets up a negative vibe where he is immediately on the defensive with someone he barely knows. To me that is suggestive of insecurity and low self-confidence. How long he takes to respond matters very little compared to how the date went. If it was good then it was good and there's a chance, if not then whatever. The fact that she puts so much importance in response time is alarming in my opinion.
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
February 21 2015 17:17 GMT
#11842
it's slow, but small talk text when you barely know someone is tedious and better saved for in person, and no matter how you feel about that, you dont owe someone shit after one date
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Bigtony
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1606 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-21 17:49:37
February 21 2015 17:43 GMT
#11843
On February 22 2015 01:01 calgar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2015 00:48 Ghostcom wrote:
Taking 24 hours to respond "me too, thanks" does seem a little slow to be honest. If you are not interested why not tell her so?
Regardless of how long it was between responses, sending a text like that seems to be initiating an overly accusatory and aggressive tone and is a big turn off to me. It sets up a negative vibe where he is immediately on the defensive with someone he barely knows. To me that is suggestive of insecurity and low self-confidence. How long he takes to respond matters very little compared to how the date went. If it was good then it was good and there's a chance, if not then whatever. The fact that she puts so much importance in response time is alarming in my opinion.


This exactly plus I actually was busy.
Push 2 Harder
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
February 21 2015 19:15 GMT
#11844
Taking 24 hours to reply suggests a lack of interest. Gotta keep the passion going man. Doesn't mean she's right though just saying responding a bit faster shows that you are willing to make some time for her.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
February 21 2015 19:45 GMT
#11845
Some people just take forever to respond. Soon after I got my first phone I met a girl I was very interested in. When she texted me it would sometimes take me 3 days to respond, because I'm just terrible with phones. In general, I agree with you, it's just not always the case.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-22 08:20:44
February 22 2015 08:07 GMT
#11846
On February 21 2015 11:21 Bigtony wrote:
I went out on a first date to bar trivia with a girl from okc. She did not look that attractive on her profile but pictures are deceiving and I like trivia and maybe she has a great personality? Date went well, we lost in trivia, no big deal. She's not any more attractive in real life (nor is she less). She texts me yesterday afternoon "I had a good time blah blah." I text back this afternoon, "Me too thanks!"

She just replied "well why did it take you so long to respond? ha." I text back "Just busy." 99% sure she blocked my number because it sent as a text message instead of imessage.

update: she "broke her phone." hrm.

lol
After a date when I didn't write anything a girl texted me the next day "Oh yeah I got home safely...thanks for asking.[a name she knows I don't like]"
not a girlfriend material bro


Btw I still do think the guys are right, if you did like her you should either respond faster, or take your time, but when you do respond ... ask her out again so she feels appreciated. That's why girls write after a date anyways, they want to see you again
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
February 22 2015 08:36 GMT
#11847
On February 22 2015 17:07 LemOn wrote:

After a date when I didn't write anything a girl texted me the next day "Oh yeah I got home safely...thanks for asking.[a name she knows I don't like]"
not a girlfriend material bro



I had the same thing happening to me twice. After that I started sending text at s time i think girls got home after a date (add a couple of minutes), asking them if they got home safely. And i allways got VERY positive responses.
This seems very important to a lot of girls, even if they only have to walk a couple of minutes in bright daylight through a very safe city...
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-22 09:54:16
February 22 2015 09:44 GMT
#11848
On February 22 2015 17:36 Snotling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2015 17:07 LemOn wrote:

After a date when I didn't write anything a girl texted me the next day "Oh yeah I got home safely...thanks for asking.[a name she knows I don't like]"
not a girlfriend material bro



I had the same thing happening to me twice. After that I started sending text at s time i think girls got home after a date (add a couple of minutes), asking them if they got home safely. And i allways got VERY positive responses.
This seems very important to a lot of girls, even if they only have to walk a couple of minutes in bright daylight through a very safe city...

why is that? I doubt I'm being rude by not asking?

Besides, seeing if she writes first after a date just lets me know how much she's interested and gives the opportunity to set up another date when she does contact me.
"Hey I had fun last night" or other stuff girls write like "hey how are you?" when you didn't write in a few days.

"Yeah me too I liked [why i actually liked about her]", or reminder of a story from the date. I'd love to see you again, when are you free next time?"

It just works smoothly, and I prefer to get into a habit of texting just to set up when we see each other again, not starting a back and forth.

Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
Snotling
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany885 Posts
February 22 2015 09:56 GMT
#11849
On February 22 2015 18:44 LemOn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2015 17:36 Snotling wrote:
On February 22 2015 17:07 LemOn wrote:

After a date when I didn't write anything a girl texted me the next day "Oh yeah I got home safely...thanks for asking.[a name she knows I don't like]"
not a girlfriend material bro



I had the same thing happening to me twice. After that I started sending text at s time i think girls got home after a date (add a couple of minutes), asking them if they got home safely. And i allways got VERY positive responses.
This seems very important to a lot of girls, even if they only have to walk a couple of minutes in bright daylight through a very safe city...

why is that? I doubt I'm being rude by not asking?



dont really know, im just donig what works for me. if i had to guess women like it because it shows you care about her and it gives them a sence of beeing protected? something like that
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
February 22 2015 13:09 GMT
#11850
Sounds disingenuous if you aren't really afraid they'll get home safely though.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
puerk
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany855 Posts
February 22 2015 13:17 GMT
#11851
Nope its courtesy - a social ritual. And it is therefore percieved by all involved parties as exactly that and not as something disingenuous.
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-22 22:43:48
February 22 2015 22:43 GMT
#11852
Guys - what's your experience with dating single moms?
Obviously with no long term plans I will be very honest about that with her.
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
February 22 2015 23:01 GMT
#11853
On February 23 2015 07:43 LemOn wrote:
Guys - what's your experience with dating single moms?
Obviously with no long term plans I will be very honest about that with her.


My experience is that it's very important that she knows that, because it's likely that it's long-term that she's looking for.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
February 22 2015 23:19 GMT
#11854
rly? I'd think they'd be more for loose relationships no? Or is it like dad for the kid thing?
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
February 22 2015 23:48 GMT
#11855
On February 23 2015 08:19 LemOn wrote:
rly? I'd think they'd be more for loose relationships no? Or is it like dad for the kid thing?


At least in my case. She was looking for a daddy for the kid. I'm sure it depends on the situation and the girl. I can see a lot looking for the long-term, though. Whether it be an unplanned pregnancy and the dad didn't stick around or something else, having a kid will grow you up quick and kind of end the "fling" stage.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-23 00:12:40
February 23 2015 00:04 GMT
#11856
On February 23 2015 08:48 Dalguno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2015 08:19 LemOn wrote:
rly? I'd think they'd be more for loose relationships no? Or is it like dad for the kid thing?


At least in my case. She was looking for a daddy for the kid. I'm sure it depends on the situation and the girl. I can see a lot looking for the long-term, though. Whether it be an unplanned pregnancy and the dad didn't stick around or something else, having a kid will grow you up quick and kind of end the "fling" stage.

Yeah so what's the best way to break it to her. It's not the kid, I love kids - makes her even more interesting . But I don't want to get committed, period - struggling poker pro that wants to travel. I just realized I'm actually good with women and am new to the whole dating thing so wanna keep exploring that
Met online, had a date today, she said she has <2hrs, lasted 4 we rly click together, loads of touching, both literally crying from laughter a couple times, kiss at the end some texting after. I don't want to be a jerk so e.g. go to another date, if things escalate just be honest before it gets to sleeping with her should be fine? How did the one you dated react when you said you don't wanna be serious?
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-23 00:12:41
February 23 2015 00:12 GMT
#11857
On February 23 2015 09:04 LemOn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2015 08:48 Dalguno wrote:
On February 23 2015 08:19 LemOn wrote:
rly? I'd think they'd be more for loose relationships no? Or is it like dad for the kid thing?


At least in my case. She was looking for a daddy for the kid. I'm sure it depends on the situation and the girl. I can see a lot looking for the long-term, though. Whether it be an unplanned pregnancy and the dad didn't stick around or something else, having a kid will grow you up quick and kind of end the "fling" stage.

Yeah so what's the best way to break it to her. It's not the kid, I love kids. But I don't want to get committed, period - struggling poker pro that wants to travel. I just realized I'm actually good with women and am new to the whole dating thing so wanna keep exploring that
Met online, had a date today, she said she has <2hrs, lasted 4 we rly click together, loads of touching, kiss at the end some texting after. I don't want to be a jerk so e.g. go to another date, if things escalate just be honest before it gets to sleeping with her should be fine? How did the one you dated react when you said you don't wanna be serious?


For me, it went like this: We went on a couple of dates, went really well. Third time she brought her kid along, and it just felt a little weird for me and I felt less attracted to her. This wasn't me being a jerk, just me realizing that I'm not ready for a kid. I realized quickly that if it kept going the way it had, that's how it would end up, is a relationship based on my personality and what she was looking for. So I just told her. She was disappointed obviously but it wasn't awful. I feel bad for her because it's been happening to her a lot lately (accidental pregnancy, guys don't want to commit).

Definitely tell her ASAP. It's not fair to her if you don't, especially if that is what she wants from it.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
Kenshin_915
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada139 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-23 02:20:44
February 23 2015 02:06 GMT
#11858
Would like your guy's input on a tricky situation. So I've been with my girlfriend for a bit over a year. Three months into our relationship she finds out she's pregnant, and just 2 months ago our daughter was born. I wouldn't take back having her for the world, because I love my daughter to death. I go to school full time, and she is busy 24/7 with our kid, and we don't live together so I can only visit once or twice a week.

I had noticed once she was born and things settled down that she would never text or call me, and she was physically distant when I was over. Just found out today she was physically distant because she's very afraid and anxious about getting pregnant again, so she doesn't want to have sex (or really even kiss or touch) and she isn't sure for how long. So whenever I'm over she hardly will touch me and it really upsets me. She knows this now and I don't think she's going to do anything to actively remedy it. She pegs never talking to me as just being too damn busy, which I kinda understand but I don't know if I fully buy it. If she really cared I think it would be possible to manage a text once every few days. We just talked about it in depth today. At the end of our conversation she tells me that she loves me, but she would understand if I want to end the relationship because my needs aren't being met.

I'm really tempted to, they aren't being met and I don't feel our relationship is nearly as important to her as our child. It doesn't even really feel like we are in one right now. I love her, and she loves me too I'm quite sure but I'm not happy. I kinda want to but I'd feel like a fucking asshole for doing so. But if things are gonna continue on like this maybe its the best thing for both of us? I'm really not sure what to do.

Edit: When we talked about it it was by phone, gonna visit wed and talk face to face
Yoz
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia357 Posts
February 23 2015 02:28 GMT
#11859
On February 23 2015 11:06 Kenshin_915 wrote:
Would like your guy's input on a tricky situation. So I've been with my girlfriend for a bit over a year. Three months into our relationship she finds out she's pregnant, and just 2 months ago our daughter was born. I wouldn't take back having her for the world, because I love my daughter to death. I go to school full time, and she is busy 24/7 with our kid, and we don't live together so I can only visit once or twice a week.

I had noticed once she was born and things settled down that she would never text or call me, and she was physically distant when I was over. Just found out today she was physically distant because she's very afraid and anxious about getting pregnant again, so she doesn't want to have sex (or really even kiss or touch) and she isn't sure for how long. So whenever I'm over she hardly will touch me and it really upsets me. She knows this now and I don't think she's going to do anything to actively remedy it. She pegs never talking to me as just being too damn busy, which I kinda understand but I don't know if I fully buy it. If she really cared I think it would be possible to manage a text once every few days. We just talked about it in depth today. At the end of our conversation she tells me that she loves me, but she would understand if I want to end the relationship because my needs aren't being met.

I'm really tempted to, they aren't being met and I don't feel our relationship is nearly as important to her as our child. It doesn't even really feel like we are in one right now. I love her, and she loves me too I'm quite sure but I'm not happy. I kinda want to but I'd feel like a fucking asshole for doing so. But if things are gonna continue on like this maybe its the best thing for both of us? I'm really not sure what to do.

Edit: When we talked about it it was by phone, gonna visit wed and talk face to face


While I have zero experience with these things (yet to have a child) when reading this my first thought was that it's potentially post natal depression?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postpartum_depression

Well. My thoughts were either post natal depression or that she is trying to cause a breakup for whatever reason.
Kenshin_915
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada139 Posts
February 23 2015 02:36 GMT
#11860
She did develop it, but she started taking medication for it. She hasn't really told me tons about how she's doing with it tbh, but I'm assuming okay. I wouldn't like to think she is trying to cause one, but she doesn't seem to really care in any passionate way about preserving it.
Prev 1 591 592 593 594 595 1067 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 197
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 568
NaDa 58
Leta 29
Larva 27
TT1 15
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Other Games
summit1g10182
WinterStarcraft409
Mew2King112
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1390
BasetradeTV266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream142
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1050
• Lourlo768
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 12m
INu's Battles
8h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.