• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:18
CEST 10:18
KST 17:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7457 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 85

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 102 Next
nebula.
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Sweden1431 Posts
July 29 2012 21:39 GMT
#1681
I miss you July ~~~ I was in PonyTales #7 wooho!
xza
Profile Joined November 2010
Singapore1600 Posts
July 29 2012 21:40 GMT
#1682
Anyone know who bruce's cartilage was injured during the start of the show?
"What a terrible final. This is why BO3s are horrible. Seriously MKP vs Moon in a final and having it BO3 is like having Mila Kunis naked in your bed and all she'll give you is a HJ with her PJs on. Pffffffffffffffftt." -greatZERG
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
July 29 2012 21:44 GMT
#1683
On July 30 2012 06:40 xza wrote:
Anyone know who bruce's cartilage was injured during the start of the show?

I don't understand that... at all.
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 21:48:42
July 29 2012 21:48 GMT
#1684
On July 30 2012 06:44 Maxd11 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 06:40 xza wrote:
Anyone know who bruce's cartilage was injured during the start of the show?

I don't understand that... at all.


Natural conclusion from everything he did over the past two decades +. Extreme levels of martial arts, jumping off of buildings, taking significant punishment to his body repeatedly, etc etc etc...
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Supamang
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2298 Posts
July 29 2012 21:49 GMT
#1685
On July 30 2012 06:44 Maxd11 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 06:40 xza wrote:
Anyone know who bruce's cartilage was injured during the start of the show?

I don't understand that... at all.

At the end of the Dark Knight, he fell off several stories with Harvey Dent...thats gonna leave a mark on his leg
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
July 29 2012 21:54 GMT
#1686
On July 30 2012 06:49 Supamang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 06:44 Maxd11 wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:40 xza wrote:
Anyone know who bruce's cartilage was injured during the start of the show?

I don't understand that... at all.

At the end of the Dark Knight, he fell off several stories with Harvey Dent...thats gonna leave a mark on his leg

Oh you're talking about how he injured his leg. I believe it was from lack of use after an extreme amount of physicality or something. I guess he didn't need it though toward the end of the movie?
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
July 29 2012 22:15 GMT
#1687
it was the equivalent of return of the jedi for me

it was good, but couldn't live up to the second act, which is always the best part.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
July 30 2012 00:18 GMT
#1688
Watched the ending again, awesome.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
July 30 2012 00:28 GMT
#1689
On July 30 2012 06:48 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 06:44 Maxd11 wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:40 xza wrote:
Anyone know who bruce's cartilage was injured during the start of the show?

I don't understand that... at all.


Natural conclusion from everything he did over the past two decades +. Extreme levels of martial arts, jumping off of buildings, taking significant punishment to his body repeatedly, etc etc etc...

I assumed this too, not inactivity. But I doubt it was specifically from the Harvey Dent incident, remember earlier in the The Dark Knight when he saves Rachel when she is thrown from a building? That had to be like 10+ stories up or something.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
July 30 2012 00:31 GMT
#1690
he also seemed really injured at the end of the dark knight.

he was pretty much limping to the bike.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5714 Posts
July 30 2012 01:07 GMT
#1691
On July 30 2012 06:30 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 06:24 Poffel wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:19 Zooper31 wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:17 Poffel wrote:
Over the last pages, I've seen a couple of posts where people complain about the way Bane dies. Am I the only one who found the death of Talia much more disturbing? I have to admit that at least I had a hard time to reconciliate Batman shooting and killing two persons with my expectiations of the character.


He never shot Bane. That was Catwoman. As for Talia I can't remember but I believe he shot the vehicle she was driving so the city wouldn't blow up lol.

I know that he didn't shoot Bane himself. With the "two persons", I was refering to Talia and her driver. As for the rest of your answer, I'm unsure what you're implying. That it's ok if Batman violates his principles for the higher good of saving the city? Or that shooting at a vehicle, thereby causing the death of the persons inside, is remarkably different from shooting persons?


It is very different because the driver caused their deaths by not turning. Batman's fire wasn't direct fire; it was trying to corral the driver to a certain point of the city, but he refused to turn and caused his own death.


Basically this. It's not like he held the a gun in his hand and shot someone in the head. He was trying to get the driver to change course and the guy flew off the road.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Poffel
Profile Joined March 2011
471 Posts
July 30 2012 01:56 GMT
#1692
On July 30 2012 10:07 Zooper31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 06:30 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:24 Poffel wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:19 Zooper31 wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:17 Poffel wrote:
Over the last pages, I've seen a couple of posts where people complain about the way Bane dies. Am I the only one who found the death of Talia much more disturbing? I have to admit that at least I had a hard time to reconciliate Batman shooting and killing two persons with my expectiations of the character.


He never shot Bane. That was Catwoman. As for Talia I can't remember but I believe he shot the vehicle she was driving so the city wouldn't blow up lol.

I know that he didn't shoot Bane himself. With the "two persons", I was refering to Talia and her driver. As for the rest of your answer, I'm unsure what you're implying. That it's ok if Batman violates his principles for the higher good of saving the city? Or that shooting at a vehicle, thereby causing the death of the persons inside, is remarkably different from shooting persons?


It is very different because the driver caused their deaths by not turning. Batman's fire wasn't direct fire; it was trying to corral the driver to a certain point of the city, but he refused to turn and caused his own death.


Basically this. It's not like he held the a gun in his hand and shot someone in the head. He was trying to get the driver to change course and the guy flew off the road.

Stratos_speAr and Zooper31, I can only recommend you both to rewatch the scene. Calling multiple full frontal hits on the drivers cabin indirect fire or a non-lethal attempt to pull someone over would be far-fetched even if the end result wasn't death, which it was. I am perfectly fine with you not being as disturbed by this depiction of Batman as I was, but there is little point in arguing about what happened there, especially if you don't remember it.
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
July 30 2012 02:06 GMT
#1693
Finally, I watched the movie and I loved it <3. It wasn't perfect but it was great.
Probasaur
Profile Joined August 2011
United States461 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 02:30:51
July 30 2012 02:27 GMT
#1694
Just rewatched The Dark Knight today and everyone has on their Joker colored glasses still apparently. Cause its a great film, and Heath's role will be remembered as the greatest villain brought to life. But its not the greatest film there ever was. It lacks a lot of the emotional... grippage... I'm gonna use grippage... that Dark Knight Rises has in tons.

Michael Caine's scenes in Rises are all amazing. Along with Hathaway (who I had my doubts about) and Levitt it makes it feel like a complete cast. Obviously Hardy and Bale steal the show. And actually after watching Bale in Begins and Dark Knight, I can say without a second thought that his best performances is absolutely DKR.

Couldn't stand Maggie Gyllenhal. Somehow the dude who was Harvey Dent's name escapes me at the moment, he was great just not blow me away perfect like Hardy and Ledger and Bale and Caine and Oldman and Hathaway and Levitt. d:

Anyway talking about acting would just be nitpicking cause the actors throughout are terrific. Just based on story and dialogue tho Dark Knight Rises takes it. The gravity of the situations feel much heavier and it feels as tho the stakes couldn't get any higher.
"He who makes a beast of himself.... gets rid of the pain of being a man" -Hunter S Thompson.
proberecall
Profile Joined August 2009
United States104 Posts
July 30 2012 03:01 GMT
#1695
On July 23 2012 16:35 TheToaster wrote:
Best part of the movie?

Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy <3) sitting on top of that giant pile of furniture, trolling everybody as he acts as the standing judge who dishes out ridiculous sentences. I immediately started laughing as soon as his face appeared, because he is obviously the most awesome character and I was dieing to see him make a reappearance..


this!!!
Melo.
Profile Joined August 2011
United States63 Posts
July 30 2012 04:34 GMT
#1696
Did anyone else feel Bane was the only villain who truly instilled a sense of helplessness, where the audience begins to think "Damn, can Batman really do it?". Obviously we know Batman was gonna win before the movie started, but the type of feeling Bane/Nolan were able to create was something truly unique IMO.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5714 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 04:41:41
July 30 2012 04:37 GMT
#1697
On July 30 2012 10:56 Poffel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 10:07 Zooper31 wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:30 Stratos_speAr wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:24 Poffel wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:19 Zooper31 wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:17 Poffel wrote:
Over the last pages, I've seen a couple of posts where people complain about the way Bane dies. Am I the only one who found the death of Talia much more disturbing? I have to admit that at least I had a hard time to reconciliate Batman shooting and killing two persons with my expectiations of the character.


He never shot Bane. That was Catwoman. As for Talia I can't remember but I believe he shot the vehicle she was driving so the city wouldn't blow up lol.

I know that he didn't shoot Bane himself. With the "two persons", I was refering to Talia and her driver. As for the rest of your answer, I'm unsure what you're implying. That it's ok if Batman violates his principles for the higher good of saving the city? Or that shooting at a vehicle, thereby causing the death of the persons inside, is remarkably different from shooting persons?


It is very different because the driver caused their deaths by not turning. Batman's fire wasn't direct fire; it was trying to corral the driver to a certain point of the city, but he refused to turn and caused his own death.


Basically this. It's not like he held the a gun in his hand and shot someone in the head. He was trying to get the driver to change course and the guy flew off the road.

Stratos_speAr and Zooper31, I can only recommend you both to rewatch the scene. Calling multiple full frontal hits on the drivers cabin indirect fire or a non-lethal attempt to pull someone over would be far-fetched even if the end result wasn't death, which it was. I am perfectly fine with you not being as disturbed by this depiction of Batman as I was, but there is little point in arguing about what happened there, especially if you don't remember it.


Batman had no intention of killing the passengers, they were constantly mentioning that Batman needed to make the drivers change course or the city was gonna blow up, how is killing the drivers going to achieve that. Can't drive if you're dead. You are correct that he indeed shot directly on the cabin of the truck. I believe Batman was within his principles, never killing anyone, to do this.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
levelping
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore759 Posts
July 30 2012 08:03 GMT
#1698
I think the three views on this film are:

Nolan is god

Nolan stinks


And the more measured: this is a good action movie but let's not compare Nolan and Kubrick.
Domus
Profile Joined March 2011
510 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 09:59:26
July 30 2012 09:58 GMT
#1699
On July 30 2012 05:31 Zooper31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 02:27 Domus wrote:
I had high expectation, but I did not like the movie much at all. The movie felt boring, unbalanced, and the bad guy was not even nearly as cool as the joker. I mean seriously, a muscle man that talks like Sean Connory that looks like he stepped out of a GI Joe cartoon, supposed to scare me much...don't think so.

The entire storyline felt juvenile. This is not what war or disaster looks like, or months of isolation. Just look at what happened in terms of crime after Katrina, then multiply then by 10 times, that is what Gotham should look like.

But, I did like this catwoman, and the new Robin. That dude is one of my favorite actors.


People still had electricity, plumbing, shelter and food. They did not in Katrina. You can't compare the two at all.


Dude...a 1000 of the worst criminals released from a prison, and they all fall in line. A madman leading who keeps things nice and orderly. No raping, no pillaging, no chaos? No power struggles? This is not what happens when you release a 1000 sex-deprived criminals on the streets with weapons, and no cops, at the same time...
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
July 30 2012 10:05 GMT
#1700
On July 30 2012 18:58 Domus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 05:31 Zooper31 wrote:
On July 30 2012 02:27 Domus wrote:
I had high expectation, but I did not like the movie much at all. The movie felt boring, unbalanced, and the bad guy was not even nearly as cool as the joker. I mean seriously, a muscle man that talks like Sean Connory that looks like he stepped out of a GI Joe cartoon, supposed to scare me much...don't think so.

The entire storyline felt juvenile. This is not what war or disaster looks like, or months of isolation. Just look at what happened in terms of crime after Katrina, then multiply then by 10 times, that is what Gotham should look like.

But, I did like this catwoman, and the new Robin. That dude is one of my favorite actors.


People still had electricity, plumbing, shelter and food. They did not in Katrina. You can't compare the two at all.


Dude...a 1000 of the worst criminals released from a prison, and they all fall in line. A madman leading who keeps things nice and orderly. No raping, no pillaging, no chaos? No power struggles? This is not what happens when you release a 1000 sex-deprived criminals on the streets with weapons, and no cops, at the same time...


One of Bane's followerers stayed in the plane just because he believed in Bane's cause, I'm pretty sure with his followers parading around in tanks, he had some semblance of order.
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 102 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4497
Leta 2321
BeSt 511
Soulkey 433
Soma 202
Rush 84
Shine 31
ZergMaN 29
Shinee 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe168
League of Legends
JimRising 568
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
WinterStarcraft733
Sick241
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1011
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 42m
Patches Events
6h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 42m
OSC
14h 42m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.