• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:14
CEST 02:14
KST 09:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8767 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 84

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 102 Next
SRBNikola
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Serbia191 Posts
July 29 2012 12:56 GMT
#1661
On July 29 2012 21:18 WhiteDog wrote:
The main failure I see in the movie was that there was no further developpement in the whole Batman is defending gotham as it is / hence batman is also defending rich keeping their privilege. I would have love to see Batman / Wayne giving his answers to that.


There was nuclear bomb in city? Hundreds of policements trapped? They are normal people too...as for rich, he gave away everything in movie so...
Escape
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada306 Posts
July 29 2012 12:56 GMT
#1662
I liked it. Not perfect for sure, but entertaining for sure.

"So that's how it feels" That cracked me up.

BEARDiaguz
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia2362 Posts
July 29 2012 12:58 GMT
#1663
On July 29 2012 21:18 WhiteDog wrote:
The main failure I see in the movie was that there was no further developpement in the whole Batman is defending gotham as it is / hence batman is also defending rich keeping their privilege. I would have love to see Batman / Wayne giving his answers to that.



Yes, making orphanages for those rich over-privileged orphans Bruce ur a cunt.
ProgamerAustralian alcohol user follow @iaguzSC2
karpo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1998 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 13:30:55
July 29 2012 13:06 GMT
#1664
On July 29 2012 21:33 Zerothegreat wrote:
I think all this criticism people are trying to think up is funny. You must all be basing this off your own expectations of what the movie should be like after TDK. Instead, try looking at this as just another super hero movie and then look at how awesome this movie really is. It's still the 2nd best super-hero movie ever right behind TDK. All others don't even come close. And I've never really liked DC comic heroes...


The problem with this reasoning is that some claim that TDK and this movie are some of the best films ever yet when people criticise stuff it's all "Hey dude it's just a super hero movie, stuff doesn't need to make sense!". The new Batman movies are supposed to be grimdark and serious yet there's alot of bullshit stuff that breaks immersion, at least in my opinion.

If people don't like the movies they don't. And your opinion on how they should be ranked is just that, an opinion.
Avean
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway449 Posts
July 29 2012 13:57 GMT
#1665
I think these Batman movies are one of the best films ive seen. I wasnt a huge fan of Dark Night although The Joker was an awesome character, i feel they went a bit faar especially with that hanging after an airplane with wire.
Batman Begins showed a Bale that is just human, he was training really hard to be able to fight multiple people.
And it shows again in Rises, his human side, his weaknesses.

Nolan could never do any better job than this with Batman, its perfection and he is a genious.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
July 29 2012 14:06 GMT
#1666
On July 29 2012 00:15 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Anybody else think the coolest thing about the movie was Bane's voice?

I don't know whether it was the sound from the movie or the speakers in the cinema, but I couldn't understand some of the words Bane was saying, and I wasn't the only one so I'm thinking it had something to do with the cinema. That was the only thing that pissed me off and took away some of the enjoyment fromt he movie.

Overall I liked it, it was slow for the first half but it got better for me as it progressed. I was worried I wouldn't like it which would be such a shame because I really enjoyed the first two. I'm going to forgive some of the things that didn't make sense because they're small compared to bloody Prometheus. I thought Bane's death was a little too quick though :/
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
July 29 2012 15:40 GMT
#1667
On July 29 2012 15:20 Roadog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 15:14 Left4Cookies wrote:
On July 29 2012 14:48 Roadog wrote:
On July 29 2012 14:31 TehPrime wrote:
Kinda sucks how Bane went out.

That was very anti-climatic ending for a main villain.


That was awful. I fully expected him to come back from that.

And the Tumblers getting disabled in one shot each? As if the missiles could be that powerful, or the Tumblers be designed with such glaring weakness.


The same happens in TDK when Joker hits it with a bazooka.


Actually it looked ok until Batman crashed it into a wall after.


Or that. I'll have to rewatch that scene now..


Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
FIStarcraft
Profile Joined June 2011
United States154 Posts
July 29 2012 16:28 GMT
#1668
One thing that I really wondered about was the geography of Gotham.

In Batman Begins and both Arkham games, the city can be seen as a multitude of islands possibly connected by land to the mainland, not as a single one where a few bridges can be cut to isolate it all. It's like the whole of NYC rather than just Manhattan.
"sunny... sunny... sunny... OHGOD HURRICANE" - Haemonculus
Makra
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia50 Posts
July 29 2012 16:49 GMT
#1669
On July 29 2012 23:06 Hyde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 00:15 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Anybody else think the coolest thing about the movie was Bane's voice?

I don't know whether it was the sound from the movie or the speakers in the cinema, but I couldn't understand some of the words Bane was saying, and I wasn't the only one so I'm thinking it had something to do with the cinema. That was the only thing that pissed me off and took away some of the enjoyment fromt he movie.

Overall I liked it, it was slow for the first half but it got better for me as it progressed. I was worried I wouldn't like it which would be such a shame because I really enjoyed the first two. I'm going to forgive some of the things that didn't make sense because they're small compared to bloody Prometheus. I thought Bane's death was a little too quick though :/

It wasn't the sound from your cinema, it really was incredibly hard to understand at several points, and lots of people are saying that. I think it got to a ridiculous point really. Me and my friends just looked at each and laughed half the time he talked because some of it was totally unintelligable, pretty unacceptable really for a movie with this much effort put into it. I wasn't really a fan of the weird tone Bane had, we were joking that he sounded a bit like Yoda lol.

Other than that I quite enjoyed it, probably more than Batman Begins, though it felt like Nolan tried fitting way too much stuff in, similar to TDK.
Domus
Profile Joined March 2011
510 Posts
July 29 2012 17:27 GMT
#1670
I had high expectation, but I did not like the movie much at all. The movie felt boring, unbalanced, and the bad guy was not even nearly as cool as the joker. I mean seriously, a muscle man that talks like Sean Connory that looks like he stepped out of a GI Joe cartoon, supposed to scare me much...don't think so.

The entire storyline felt juvenile. This is not what war or disaster looks like, or months of isolation. Just look at what happened in terms of crime after Katrina, then multiply then by 10 times, that is what Gotham should look like.

But, I did like this catwoman, and the new Robin. That dude is one of my favorite actors.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5714 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 20:32:30
July 29 2012 20:31 GMT
#1671
On July 30 2012 02:27 Domus wrote:
I had high expectation, but I did not like the movie much at all. The movie felt boring, unbalanced, and the bad guy was not even nearly as cool as the joker. I mean seriously, a muscle man that talks like Sean Connory that looks like he stepped out of a GI Joe cartoon, supposed to scare me much...don't think so.

The entire storyline felt juvenile. This is not what war or disaster looks like, or months of isolation. Just look at what happened in terms of crime after Katrina, then multiply then by 10 times, that is what Gotham should look like.

But, I did like this catwoman, and the new Robin. That dude is one of my favorite actors.


People still had electricity, plumbing, shelter and food. They did not in Katrina. You can't compare the two at all.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
sausageslayer
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden45 Posts
July 29 2012 20:33 GMT
#1672
will use spoiler just incase
+ Show Spoiler +
I really like the movie, but i felt bane deserved a cooler(?) death. and i also would have liked if batman died (and maybe he did becouse alfred seeing him at the café just felt wrong) as the ultimate sacrifice and all that and it would also be a epic way to go out. killed by a nuke, and leaving his legacy to robin so that only Mr. wayne died and batman lives on, like intended as the symbol he starts as in "batman begins". Anyway, will get the blueray box and love the trilogy over and over again
SRBNikola
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Serbia191 Posts
July 29 2012 21:08 GMT
#1673
On July 30 2012 01:28 FIStarcraft wrote:
One thing that I really wondered about was the geography of Gotham.

In Batman Begins and both Arkham games, the city can be seen as a multitude of islands possibly connected by land to the mainland, not as a single one where a few bridges can be cut to isolate it all. It's like the whole of NYC rather than just Manhattan.


They took out central gotham, that is where blackgate prison is too, that is why possible Joker wasn't freed as Arkham is different island, Asylm is there too.
Poffel
Profile Joined March 2011
471 Posts
July 29 2012 21:17 GMT
#1674
Over the last pages, I've seen a couple of posts where people complain about the way Bane dies. Am I the only one who found the death of Talia much more disturbing? I have to admit that at least I had a hard time to reconciliate Batman shooting and killing two persons with my expectiations of the character.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5714 Posts
July 29 2012 21:19 GMT
#1675
On July 30 2012 06:17 Poffel wrote:
Over the last pages, I've seen a couple of posts where people complain about the way Bane dies. Am I the only one who found the death of Talia much more disturbing? I have to admit that at least I had a hard time to reconciliate Batman shooting and killing two persons with my expectiations of the character.


He never shot Bane. That was Catwoman. As for Talia I can't remember but I believe he shot the vehicle she was driving so the city wouldn't blow up lol.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Mafe
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany5966 Posts
July 29 2012 21:19 GMT
#1676
On July 30 2012 06:08 SRBNikola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 01:28 FIStarcraft wrote:
One thing that I really wondered about was the geography of Gotham.

In Batman Begins and both Arkham games, the city can be seen as a multitude of islands possibly connected by land to the mainland, not as a single one where a few bridges can be cut to isolate it all. It's like the whole of NYC rather than just Manhattan.


They took out central gotham, that is where blackgate prison is too, that is why possible Joker wasn't freed as Arkham is different island, Asylm is there too.

It's not just the geography,: The stock exchange, yellow taxis, mentioning of a "5th avenue", the metro system all are stuff I (as a non-american) identify with New York.
Whereas (as I mentioned before) In Batman Begins Gotham reminded me of Chicago and in The Dark Knight I felt Gotham was LA.
You can be sure Nolan knows he changed the look of Gotham City and surely he was aware of its possible real look-a-likes.
Poffel
Profile Joined March 2011
471 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 21:24:30
July 29 2012 21:24 GMT
#1677
On July 30 2012 06:19 Zooper31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 06:17 Poffel wrote:
Over the last pages, I've seen a couple of posts where people complain about the way Bane dies. Am I the only one who found the death of Talia much more disturbing? I have to admit that at least I had a hard time to reconciliate Batman shooting and killing two persons with my expectiations of the character.


He never shot Bane. That was Catwoman. As for Talia I can't remember but I believe he shot the vehicle she was driving so the city wouldn't blow up lol.

I know that he didn't shoot Bane himself. With the "two persons", I was refering to Talia and her driver. As for the rest of your answer, I'm unsure what you're implying. That it's ok if Batman violates his principles for the higher good of saving the city? Or that shooting at a vehicle, thereby causing the death of the persons inside, is remarkably different from shooting persons?
SRBNikola
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Serbia191 Posts
July 29 2012 21:27 GMT
#1678
On July 30 2012 06:24 Poffel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 06:19 Zooper31 wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:17 Poffel wrote:
Over the last pages, I've seen a couple of posts where people complain about the way Bane dies. Am I the only one who found the death of Talia much more disturbing? I have to admit that at least I had a hard time to reconciliate Batman shooting and killing two persons with my expectiations of the character.


He never shot Bane. That was Catwoman. As for Talia I can't remember but I believe he shot the vehicle she was driving so the city wouldn't blow up lol.

I know that he didn't shoot Bane himself. With the "two persons", I was refering to Talia and her driver. As for the rest of your answer, I'm unsure what you're implying. That it's ok if Batman violates his principles for the higher good of saving the city? Or that shooting at a vehicle, thereby causing the death of the persons inside, is remarkably different from shooting persons?


Actually he broke his principles in both BBegins and TDK.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
July 29 2012 21:30 GMT
#1679
On July 30 2012 06:24 Poffel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 06:19 Zooper31 wrote:
On July 30 2012 06:17 Poffel wrote:
Over the last pages, I've seen a couple of posts where people complain about the way Bane dies. Am I the only one who found the death of Talia much more disturbing? I have to admit that at least I had a hard time to reconciliate Batman shooting and killing two persons with my expectiations of the character.


He never shot Bane. That was Catwoman. As for Talia I can't remember but I believe he shot the vehicle she was driving so the city wouldn't blow up lol.

I know that he didn't shoot Bane himself. With the "two persons", I was refering to Talia and her driver. As for the rest of your answer, I'm unsure what you're implying. That it's ok if Batman violates his principles for the higher good of saving the city? Or that shooting at a vehicle, thereby causing the death of the persons inside, is remarkably different from shooting persons?


It is very different because the driver caused their deaths by not turning. Batman's fire wasn't direct fire; it was trying to corral the driver to a certain point of the city, but he refused to turn and caused his own death.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
CrispyTender
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada166 Posts
July 29 2012 21:37 GMT
#1680
On July 30 2012 01:49 Makra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 23:06 Hyde wrote:
On July 29 2012 00:15 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Anybody else think the coolest thing about the movie was Bane's voice?

I don't know whether it was the sound from the movie or the speakers in the cinema, but I couldn't understand some of the words Bane was saying, and I wasn't the only one so I'm thinking it had something to do with the cinema. That was the only thing that pissed me off and took away some of the enjoyment fromt he movie.

Overall I liked it, it was slow for the first half but it got better for me as it progressed. I was worried I wouldn't like it which would be such a shame because I really enjoyed the first two. I'm going to forgive some of the things that didn't make sense because they're small compared to bloody Prometheus. I thought Bane's death was a little too quick though :/

It wasn't the sound from your cinema, it really was incredibly hard to understand at several points, and lots of people are saying that. I think it got to a ridiculous point really. Me and my friends just looked at each and laughed half the time he talked because some of it was totally unintelligable, pretty unacceptable really for a movie with this much effort put into it. I wasn't really a fan of the weird tone Bane had, we were joking that he sounded a bit like Yoda lol.

Other than that I quite enjoyed it, probably more than Batman Begins, though it felt like Nolan tried fitting way too much stuff in, similar to TDK.


I read somewhere that there was a sneak peek a few months ago and people said bane was 100% ineligible. They tuned up the audio on his voice so now it sounds amplified.

I also thought it was fucking hilarious it sounded like he was talking directly out of the theaters speakers.

"you think YOU'RE in control? - I loled hard at this line
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 102 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 475
Bale 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
League of Legends
Doublelift4862
Other Games
summit1g10555
JimRising 467
ViBE243
Livibee190
KnowMe187
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick736
BasetradeTV158
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1292
• Shiphtur563
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 46m
Patches Events
14h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 46m
OSC
22h 46m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.