• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:25
CEST 13:25
KST 20:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8208 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 102

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 02 2013 19:28 GMT
#2021
On January 03 2013 01:29 Mortal wrote:
Apparently it's an unpopular opinion in my group of friends (which is tiny) to be more in favor of Bane than the Joker in terms of villain. I just felt like Bane delivered more of a true psycho's mentality without having to really say anything out of the box, which I really appreciated.


I kind of agree with you, i also thought his voice made him sound eve more badass/psycho but no one seems to agree lol
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-02 19:36:29
January 02 2013 19:31 GMT
#2022
On January 03 2013 04:28 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 01:29 Mortal wrote:
Apparently it's an unpopular opinion in my group of friends (which is tiny) to be more in favor of Bane than the Joker in terms of villain. I just felt like Bane delivered more of a true psycho's mentality without having to really say anything out of the box, which I really appreciated.


I kind of agree with you, i also thought his voice made him sound eve more badass/psycho but no one seems to agree lol


It's the magic of Tom Hardy, especially after his spectacular performance as Bronson (go watch it now) which made the role of Bane a cakewalk (he would probably deliver awesome Joker too, if not for his posture).



Stellar acting.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Recognizable
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Netherlands1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-02 19:40:10
January 02 2013 19:39 GMT
#2023
On January 03 2013 00:44 TheSwedishFan wrote:
Holy shit people are really liking riding the hate train. I like to use my imagination when there are no clear explanation to things. Makes it more interesting and you can have sweet discussions about the movie when talking to friends. I feel that the word "plot hole" is being demonized and used just for the sake of sounding like a insightful person, but for me they just sound like twats with no imagination. It's a movie for petes sake, a superhero movie. A lot of things dont make any sence in the world of superheroes, use you imagination.


No man. A good writer carefully crafts these places where information is left out leaving the person to wonder what happened/is going to happen. Bad writing is when throughout the whole story you are like what the fuck none of this makes any sense. Like, people preferring hand to hand combat in a street without any cover whatsoever. The whole movie was full of this nonsense. Apart from all the nonsensical things, the whole plot was just bad. For christ sake, Batman was thrown in a hole where the only way to come out is by ''overcoming his fear'' very original; brilliant. The "this isn't our reality things are different excuse" is nonsense. In a well constructed fantasy setting everything makes sense, for that particular setting.

I kind of agree with you, i also thought his voice made him sound eve more badass/psycho but no one seems to agree lol


I agree. Bane was really badass.
Yacobs
Profile Joined March 2010
United States846 Posts
January 02 2013 19:44 GMT
#2024
Movie was crap overall but I really liked Hardy's Bane and I think his voice was brilliant.
TheRealArtemis
Profile Joined October 2011
687 Posts
January 02 2013 19:54 GMT
#2025
On January 03 2013 04:28 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 01:29 Mortal wrote:
Apparently it's an unpopular opinion in my group of friends (which is tiny) to be more in favor of Bane than the Joker in terms of villain. I just felt like Bane delivered more of a true psycho's mentality without having to really say anything out of the box, which I really appreciated.


I kind of agree with you, i also thought his voice made him sound eve more badass/psycho but no one seems to agree lol


Yeah, but thats the thing. The only cool thing about Bane was his voice. Take that away and you got a pretty boring villain. Its pretty superficial element, and its the most loved thing about him.

The Joker had way more depth. His whole agent of chaos act works really well. He doesnt follow a plan to the letter. He even changed his mind about killing/revealing batman identity, because he thinks its way too much fun playing "cat after the mouse". The whole "know how I got these scars" shows multiple layers of his character.

I will always prefer The Joker (ledger) over any batman villain.
religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
January 02 2013 19:59 GMT
#2026
http://www.cracked.com/article_20012_if-dark-knight-rises-was-10-times-shorter-more-honest.html

Needs to be repeated.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Recognizable
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Netherlands1552 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-02 20:57:40
January 02 2013 20:55 GMT
#2027
On January 03 2013 04:54 TheRealArtemis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 04:28 darthfoley wrote:
On January 03 2013 01:29 Mortal wrote:
Apparently it's an unpopular opinion in my group of friends (which is tiny) to be more in favor of Bane than the Joker in terms of villain. I just felt like Bane delivered more of a true psycho's mentality without having to really say anything out of the box, which I really appreciated.


I kind of agree with you, i also thought his voice made him sound eve more badass/psycho but no one seems to agree lol


Yeah, but thats the thing. The only cool thing about Bane was his voice. Take that away and you got a pretty boring villain. Its pretty superficial element, and its the most loved thing about him.

The Joker had way more depth. His whole agent of chaos act works really well. He doesnt follow a plan to the letter. He even changed his mind about killing/revealing batman identity, because he thinks its way too much fun playing "cat after the mouse". The whole "know how I got these scars" shows multiple layers of his character.

I will always prefer The Joker (ledger) over any batman villain.


That reminds me. I should really rewatch The Dark Knight. Right now

http://www.cracked.com/article_20012_if-dark-knight-rises-was-10-times-shorter-more-honest.html


This is great
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
January 03 2013 06:30 GMT
#2028
On January 03 2013 04:31 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2013 04:28 darthfoley wrote:
On January 03 2013 01:29 Mortal wrote:
Apparently it's an unpopular opinion in my group of friends (which is tiny) to be more in favor of Bane than the Joker in terms of villain. I just felt like Bane delivered more of a true psycho's mentality without having to really say anything out of the box, which I really appreciated.


I kind of agree with you, i also thought his voice made him sound eve more badass/psycho but no one seems to agree lol


It's the magic of Tom Hardy, especially after his spectacular performance as Bronson (go watch it now) which made the role of Bane a cakewalk (he would probably deliver awesome Joker too, if not for his posture).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKC-FKGMeCY

Stellar acting.


Yeah. I mean he always sounded calm and collected. He never lost his head, he always saw a big picture and allowed himself to fully encapsulate his thoughts into his words (which were always said as simply as possible).

Bronson soo good <3
On January 03 2013 04:54 TheRealArtemis wrote:
Yeah, but thats the thing. The only cool thing about Bane was his voice. Take that away and you got a pretty boring villain. Its pretty superficial element, and its the most loved thing about him.

The Joker had way more depth. His whole agent of chaos act works really well. He doesnt follow a plan to the letter. He even changed his mind about killing/revealing batman identity, because he thinks its way too much fun playing "cat after the mouse". The whole "know how I got these scars" shows multiple layers of his character.

I will always prefer The Joker (ledger) over any batman villain.


See that's where I just don't agree. I think the voice added, sure, but if you look at the precise words he said, he takes power from others by forcing them to hand it to him. "Do you feel in control?" He doesn't outright tell him that he has nothing on Bane, he just places him in a situation in which he knows he's out classed. Bane also has the calm-calculated psycho going for him.
The universe created an audience for itself.
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
January 03 2013 06:56 GMT
#2029
The only thing I didn't like about Bane in TDKR was.... how they made him go out like that. A hero is only as good as the villain, and he should have been pushed to the brink and managed to overcome it somehow...

But instead of HIM actually having to overcome it, and I duno, making the movie have a climax with the major villain of the final movie in the trilogy showing why Batman is the main hero.... Batman was basically defeated, but to overcome the villain.... Of all things, a "surprise" shot from catwoman?

SOOOOOOO lame and ruined the potential of the ending... they put all their eggs in the "bomb" basket which led to a hugely predictable ending, and degraded the potential of the Batman/Bane final conflict.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
January 04 2013 03:49 GMT
#2030
Since this thread is still alive apparently, and I just found this (hope this hasn't been posted yet).

I personally enjoyed the movie, but LOL this video is pretty funny + true.

Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Silentenigma
Profile Joined July 2009
Turkey2037 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 22:55:16
January 08 2013 22:42 GMT
#2031
I think it is not fair to compare this movie with the dark knight.TDK was like greatest superhero movie ever made.I never thought TDKR will be even better than TDK.

I liked TDKR a lot.I liked plot twists and bane was a good villain.But there are some plot flaws here and there and I felt like movie was too short for its story.Its solid 8/10 for me.
日本語が上手ですね
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 08 2013 23:02 GMT
#2032
On January 04 2013 12:49 Aerisky wrote:
Since this thread is still alive apparently, and I just found this (hope this hasn't been posted yet).

I personally enjoyed the movie, but LOL this video is pretty funny + true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2tE-BCwZtw


I liked the movie a lot but this is great :D
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
January 08 2013 23:23 GMT
#2033
On January 09 2013 08:02 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2013 12:49 Aerisky wrote:
Since this thread is still alive apparently, and I just found this (hope this hasn't been posted yet).

I personally enjoyed the movie, but LOL this video is pretty funny + true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2tE-BCwZtw


I liked the movie a lot but this is great :D


wow these are awesome lol
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-08 23:26:05
January 08 2013 23:24 GMT
#2034
this also has me dying lmaooooo



sooo fucking random

edit: LOLOLOL at the rap omfggg
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
July 03 2013 14:19 GMT
#2035
On January 01 2013 18:06 hummingbird23 wrote:
Watched it a week back. The plot was shockingly poor and contrived. Plus the whole kangaroo court scene was so hamfistedly done, a huge contrast to the way the Joker forced the society to some really hard choices.


I just watched it last night (finally) and this is how I felt as well. I really enjoyed Anne Hathaway's Cat Woman and Tom Hardy's Bane but other than that everything felt so phoned in and uninspired. I also think they tried to do way too much in terms of character development and plot lines, it ended up feeling extremely aimless and farfetched. There was definitely some cool scenes though, the intro in particular was awesome.
Prev 1 100 101 102
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
IntoTheiNu 505
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings42
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko318
OGKoka 190
Rex 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41972
Calm 3610
Shuttle 1585
Bisu 994
FanTaSy 448
Stork 327
Hyuk 314
actioN 312
firebathero 302
Zeus 285
[ Show more ]
Soma 229
Mong 160
Rush 155
Mini 144
Soulkey 144
EffOrt 118
Snow 114
ZerO 104
Last 92
Light 90
Dewaltoss 69
Pusan 59
Shine 45
NotJumperer 42
Bale 39
Barracks 36
Free 35
Killer 35
ToSsGirL 32
Shinee 32
Yoon 31
hero 27
JYJ 24
Sharp 24
Noble 23
Aegong 18
HiyA 18
sorry 14
yabsab 14
Sacsri 13
Dota 2
Gorgc5733
Dendi5
League of Legends
JimRising 296
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1457
shoxiejesuss618
kRYSTAL_27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns28536
singsing1725
B2W.Neo360
crisheroes224
DeMusliM156
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick567
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• LUISG 28
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV331
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Stunt268
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 35m
OSC
10h 50m
Replay Cast
11h 35m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.