• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:10
CEST 14:10
KST 21:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7357 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 100

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 Next
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
December 31 2012 14:10 GMT
#1981
I'll agree with everyone that says this film is too busy. There were lots of undeveloped ideas that should have been left out of the movie in favour of actually making the major plot points more meaningful.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
KingAce
Profile Joined September 2010
United States471 Posts
December 31 2012 14:47 GMT
#1982
The movie would've been very long. You can best believe they cut a lot of stuff out. I enjoyed it because it's foolish to raise expectations. If you did, you ruined the experience for yourself.

On a different note. Someone said something about Superman. Superman is boring plain and simple.
"You're defined by the WORST of your group..." Bill Burr
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 31 2012 16:19 GMT
#1983
On December 31 2012 18:29 Cel.erity wrote:
Looks like most people share my opinion, but I completely hated this movie, and I was very disappointed because I'm a huge fan of the first two (actually, I'm a huge fan of everything Batman-related up until now. IMO, even Batman & Robin was better than this).

My quick and dirty spoiler-free review:

-The fight scenes were terrible, and numerous. Like, 1990 WWF-style choreography. I don't get it. How could it be this much worse than the first two in the series? Sometimes you can even see that the punches aren't connecting.

-The plot overall doesn't make any sense. Bane, while portrayed well, was gutted as a character compared to how badass he is in the comic books. His motives make no sense, his movie background makes no sense, and the way he carries out his plan makes even less sense than anything else.

-The characters repeatedly behave in irrational ways, I won't give anything away, but it's quite distracting.

+The acting is actually quite good. I think I liked every actor except for maybe Anne Hathaway, but it's not completely her fault; she was written a lot of cheesy Bond-esque one-liners. Christian Bale is outstanding in everything, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, yeah...great acting. Still didn't save this movie, though.

2/10 except it's Batman, so 4/10.

Stop being so BEST EVER or WORST EVER.

2/10? really so what films fall under the 1/10 category? Be reasonable. If the acting is great, camerawork is great, directing is great, but you dont like certain aspects or the theme or whatever the fuck, then fine give it a 6/10 or 7/10. The fight scenes also were not "terrible." I think nolans films try to have story in front of the action even during the fights. 1st bane/batman fight set the tone for the rest of the movie. And I admire the camerawork behind the fights, they really have a different style to them instead of the generic side view or background/foreground. The director/cinematographer pair already created one of the most memorable fight scenes with inceptions hallway fight last year, so we can give them a break here.

Im not sure why people have to be so extreme when it comes to movies or art in general, measure up the good with the bad, and dont just focus one 1 tiny thing or things that ruin a movie for you. I hated how mature the kid in Hugo acted, (especially during his emotional scenes,) compared with how effortlessly the kids acted in Slumdog, but I wouldnt give it anything less than a 6/10.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-31 16:36:57
December 31 2012 16:36 GMT
#1984
I felt like this was a movie that couldn't figure itself out. but then, I'm the kind of weirdo that thinks Batman Begins was clearly the best one and the Dark Knight was the worst. sure the Joker was good, but the Joker is a badass character with a lot of prepackaged mystique and coolness. not to bring down Heath Ledger's performance, he was awesome, but besides him the movie felt flat and uninspired and I feel like they didn't really explore the deeper and more interesting aspects of the character.

as for TDKR... meh. I thought Bane was a cool bad guy who was again unexplored (and to some degree neutered), I thought Batman's mental struggle was lame, and his physical struggle was interesting, but again unexplored. I'm not a Nolan hater (in fact, i loved Memento), but I think he's kind of out of his league with really deep storytelling. he can piece together a pretty decent story and keep it fluid and interesting for the most part, but when it comes to really delving into the more abstract ideas behind the story, he either skips it or trips himself up. nothing really stands out in his movies and slaps you in the face as a really amazing piece of story-telling or really clever dialogue. it's all very straightforward, which normally isn't a bad thing, but in his case can become grating because of all the expository dialogue he feels it's necessary to put in. maybe I'm overestimating the audience, but I don't think everyone needs it all explained to them, some things can be figured out. I feel like he never quite learned that movies are about show, not tell.

at the end of the day, I think he ruins himself by trying to be more than he is. It's better to be generic and honest about it than it is to try to hide the generic-ness with tone and setting. going half-way is always the worst choice.

overall: 7/10 (same score I give the other two)
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
December 31 2012 16:39 GMT
#1985
The fight scenes were not terrible (that's BB), but there were nothing more than bland and average. Nolan has almost no sense of camerawork, come on, all he knows to do is to show what the movie is talking about, shot countershot, insert shots... no visual invention whatsoever, unintersesting choregraphy... That's why he tries to compensate so hard with loud music and (cheesy imo) dialogue.
There nothing extreme in giving TDKR 4/10... 2/10 seems harsh, but after all why not ?
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
December 31 2012 20:26 GMT
#1986
20/10 best movie ever
Writerptrk
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
December 31 2012 20:34 GMT
#1987
On January 01 2013 01:39 corumjhaelen wrote:
The fight scenes were not terrible (that's BB), but there were nothing more than bland and average. Nolan has almost no sense of camerawork, come on, all he knows to do is to show what the movie is talking about, shot countershot, insert shots... no visual invention whatsoever, unintersesting choregraphy... That's why he tries to compensate so hard with loud music and (cheesy imo) dialogue.
There nothing extreme in giving TDKR 4/10... 2/10 seems harsh, but after all why not ?


Because it really doesn't make sense. If you give TDKR a 2/10, what do you give something like Catwoman, The Box, or The Grudge or some of those other terrible movies that come out every year? a -3/10? I can see 4/10 making sense if someone thinks it's average or slightly below average, but 2/10 is like... terrible. Among the worst movies ever, and I don't think it fits that at all.
darkness overpowering
hooahah
Profile Joined October 2011
3752 Posts
December 31 2012 20:53 GMT
#1988
This movie was just too packed full, which caused for a lot of plotholes/pacing problems. If the movie was cut into 2 between the timejump ala Empire Strikes Back, it could've been so much more.

Instead what we got was a super rushed ending which consisted of a silly brawl and a terrible death for an amazing antagonist.

also, felt like Nolan put too much effort into the 'plot twist' - So much time was wasted on foreshadowing the plot twist, and not enough was spent on making the 'real villain' interesting.
shizaep
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2920 Posts
December 31 2012 21:17 GMT
#1989
7.5/10 for me if you go in expecting a Batman flick.
Not as good as the previous one but sure as hell a lot better than a lot of the other superhero movies I've sat through. For me, the plot almost felt like it came "in sections" and, like someone mentioned, the plot twists felt kinda forced. Also felt like it was oversaturated with characters and their side-stories. The whole "city under lockdown" thing was just kind of lost to me. Bane, as a character, was a bit of a letdown too. But, like I said, it's a hell of a lot better than most superhero movies that have been hitting the theaters lately.
You mean I just write stuff here and other people can see it?
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
December 31 2012 22:28 GMT
#1990
On January 01 2013 01:19 WniO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2012 18:29 Cel.erity wrote:
Looks like most people share my opinion, but I completely hated this movie, and I was very disappointed because I'm a huge fan of the first two (actually, I'm a huge fan of everything Batman-related up until now. IMO, even Batman & Robin was better than this).

My quick and dirty spoiler-free review:

-The fight scenes were terrible, and numerous. Like, 1990 WWF-style choreography. I don't get it. How could it be this much worse than the first two in the series? Sometimes you can even see that the punches aren't connecting.

-The plot overall doesn't make any sense. Bane, while portrayed well, was gutted as a character compared to how badass he is in the comic books. His motives make no sense, his movie background makes no sense, and the way he carries out his plan makes even less sense than anything else.

-The characters repeatedly behave in irrational ways, I won't give anything away, but it's quite distracting.

+The acting is actually quite good. I think I liked every actor except for maybe Anne Hathaway, but it's not completely her fault; she was written a lot of cheesy Bond-esque one-liners. Christian Bale is outstanding in everything, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, yeah...great acting. Still didn't save this movie, though.

2/10 except it's Batman, so 4/10.

Stop being so BEST EVER or WORST EVER.

2/10? really so what films fall under the 1/10 category? Be reasonable. If the acting is great, camerawork is great, directing is great, but you dont like certain aspects or the theme or whatever the fuck, then fine give it a 6/10 or 7/10. The fight scenes also were not "terrible."


Your opinion is your opinion, for me it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I couldn't stop being distracted by everything that was awful to appreciate the acting, which was the only saving grace that the movie had to offer. A 6/10 rating would mean that I thought the movie was enjoyable, above average, which I certainly did not. 4/10 is slightly below average, and 2/10 or 3/10 is terrible. This movie was terrible, so what's wrong with the rating?

Also, though I agree there are other movies which are objectively "worse" that I may give a similar or better rating, that isn't really the point. Rating is based on your enjoyment of a film only. I may give some trashy romantic comedy a 4/10 because even though it sucked, at least it achieved its objective, whereas TDKR certainly did not.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
December 31 2012 22:31 GMT
#1991
On January 01 2013 07:28 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 01:19 WniO wrote:
On December 31 2012 18:29 Cel.erity wrote:
Looks like most people share my opinion, but I completely hated this movie, and I was very disappointed because I'm a huge fan of the first two (actually, I'm a huge fan of everything Batman-related up until now. IMO, even Batman & Robin was better than this).

My quick and dirty spoiler-free review:

-The fight scenes were terrible, and numerous. Like, 1990 WWF-style choreography. I don't get it. How could it be this much worse than the first two in the series? Sometimes you can even see that the punches aren't connecting.

-The plot overall doesn't make any sense. Bane, while portrayed well, was gutted as a character compared to how badass he is in the comic books. His motives make no sense, his movie background makes no sense, and the way he carries out his plan makes even less sense than anything else.

-The characters repeatedly behave in irrational ways, I won't give anything away, but it's quite distracting.

+The acting is actually quite good. I think I liked every actor except for maybe Anne Hathaway, but it's not completely her fault; she was written a lot of cheesy Bond-esque one-liners. Christian Bale is outstanding in everything, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, yeah...great acting. Still didn't save this movie, though.

2/10 except it's Batman, so 4/10.

Stop being so BEST EVER or WORST EVER.

2/10? really so what films fall under the 1/10 category? Be reasonable. If the acting is great, camerawork is great, directing is great, but you dont like certain aspects or the theme or whatever the fuck, then fine give it a 6/10 or 7/10. The fight scenes also were not "terrible."


Your opinion is your opinion, for me it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I couldn't stop being distracted by everything that was awful to appreciate the acting, which was the only saving grace that the movie had to offer. A 6/10 rating would mean that I thought the movie was enjoyable, above average, which I certainly did not. 4/10 is slightly below average, and 2/10 or 3/10 is terrible. This movie was terrible, so what's wrong with the rating?

Also, though I agree there are other movies which are objectively "worse" that I may give a similar or better rating, that isn't really the point. Rating is based on your enjoyment of a film only. I may give some trashy romantic comedy a 4/10 because even though it sucked, at least it achieved its objective, whereas TDKR certainly did not.

That's such a strange rating that I don't feel like your explanation justifies it, frankly. I'm not going to go on a crusade against your 4/10 or anything, but I would argue that something makes you not rate this movie fairly, something ticked you off that threw off your judgment.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
December 31 2012 22:40 GMT
#1992
On January 01 2013 07:31 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 07:28 Cel.erity wrote:
On January 01 2013 01:19 WniO wrote:
On December 31 2012 18:29 Cel.erity wrote:
Looks like most people share my opinion, but I completely hated this movie, and I was very disappointed because I'm a huge fan of the first two (actually, I'm a huge fan of everything Batman-related up until now. IMO, even Batman & Robin was better than this).

My quick and dirty spoiler-free review:

-The fight scenes were terrible, and numerous. Like, 1990 WWF-style choreography. I don't get it. How could it be this much worse than the first two in the series? Sometimes you can even see that the punches aren't connecting.

-The plot overall doesn't make any sense. Bane, while portrayed well, was gutted as a character compared to how badass he is in the comic books. His motives make no sense, his movie background makes no sense, and the way he carries out his plan makes even less sense than anything else.

-The characters repeatedly behave in irrational ways, I won't give anything away, but it's quite distracting.

+The acting is actually quite good. I think I liked every actor except for maybe Anne Hathaway, but it's not completely her fault; she was written a lot of cheesy Bond-esque one-liners. Christian Bale is outstanding in everything, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, yeah...great acting. Still didn't save this movie, though.

2/10 except it's Batman, so 4/10.

Stop being so BEST EVER or WORST EVER.

2/10? really so what films fall under the 1/10 category? Be reasonable. If the acting is great, camerawork is great, directing is great, but you dont like certain aspects or the theme or whatever the fuck, then fine give it a 6/10 or 7/10. The fight scenes also were not "terrible."


Your opinion is your opinion, for me it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I couldn't stop being distracted by everything that was awful to appreciate the acting, which was the only saving grace that the movie had to offer. A 6/10 rating would mean that I thought the movie was enjoyable, above average, which I certainly did not. 4/10 is slightly below average, and 2/10 or 3/10 is terrible. This movie was terrible, so what's wrong with the rating?

Also, though I agree there are other movies which are objectively "worse" that I may give a similar or better rating, that isn't really the point. Rating is based on your enjoyment of a film only. I may give some trashy romantic comedy a 4/10 because even though it sucked, at least it achieved its objective, whereas TDKR certainly did not.

That's such a strange rating that I don't feel like your explanation justifies it, frankly. I'm not going to go on a crusade against your 4/10 or anything, but I would argue that something makes you not rate this movie fairly, something ticked you off that threw off your judgment.


It's more like most people don't know how to rate movies, because you go to IMDB and even the worst movies have like a 6/10 user rating. They hand out 8's and 9's like candy. For me, a 5/10 means it was okay, enjoyable but nothing special. Average. A 3/10 or below is basically not worth watching. An 8/10 is great, and a 9/10 is a masterpiece. I fail to see the flaw in this rating system.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
alQahira
Profile Joined June 2011
United States511 Posts
December 31 2012 22:46 GMT
#1993
I think people's ratings systems are biased by how grades in school work. So a 6/10 is like a D, or pretty terrible. That's why most people give bad movies 5s or 6s (I think).
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
December 31 2012 22:52 GMT
#1994
On January 01 2013 07:40 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 07:31 Djzapz wrote:
On January 01 2013 07:28 Cel.erity wrote:
On January 01 2013 01:19 WniO wrote:
On December 31 2012 18:29 Cel.erity wrote:
Looks like most people share my opinion, but I completely hated this movie, and I was very disappointed because I'm a huge fan of the first two (actually, I'm a huge fan of everything Batman-related up until now. IMO, even Batman & Robin was better than this).

My quick and dirty spoiler-free review:

-The fight scenes were terrible, and numerous. Like, 1990 WWF-style choreography. I don't get it. How could it be this much worse than the first two in the series? Sometimes you can even see that the punches aren't connecting.

-The plot overall doesn't make any sense. Bane, while portrayed well, was gutted as a character compared to how badass he is in the comic books. His motives make no sense, his movie background makes no sense, and the way he carries out his plan makes even less sense than anything else.

-The characters repeatedly behave in irrational ways, I won't give anything away, but it's quite distracting.

+The acting is actually quite good. I think I liked every actor except for maybe Anne Hathaway, but it's not completely her fault; she was written a lot of cheesy Bond-esque one-liners. Christian Bale is outstanding in everything, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, yeah...great acting. Still didn't save this movie, though.

2/10 except it's Batman, so 4/10.

Stop being so BEST EVER or WORST EVER.

2/10? really so what films fall under the 1/10 category? Be reasonable. If the acting is great, camerawork is great, directing is great, but you dont like certain aspects or the theme or whatever the fuck, then fine give it a 6/10 or 7/10. The fight scenes also were not "terrible."


Your opinion is your opinion, for me it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I couldn't stop being distracted by everything that was awful to appreciate the acting, which was the only saving grace that the movie had to offer. A 6/10 rating would mean that I thought the movie was enjoyable, above average, which I certainly did not. 4/10 is slightly below average, and 2/10 or 3/10 is terrible. This movie was terrible, so what's wrong with the rating?

Also, though I agree there are other movies which are objectively "worse" that I may give a similar or better rating, that isn't really the point. Rating is based on your enjoyment of a film only. I may give some trashy romantic comedy a 4/10 because even though it sucked, at least it achieved its objective, whereas TDKR certainly did not.

That's such a strange rating that I don't feel like your explanation justifies it, frankly. I'm not going to go on a crusade against your 4/10 or anything, but I would argue that something makes you not rate this movie fairly, something ticked you off that threw off your judgment.


It's more like most people don't know how to rate movies, because you go to IMDB and even the worst movies have like a 6/10 user rating. They hand out 8's and 9's like candy. For me, a 5/10 means it was okay, enjoyable but nothing special. Average. A 3/10 or below is basically not worth watching. An 8/10 is great, and a 9/10 is a masterpiece. I fail to see the flaw in this rating system.

The entire point of having a rating system is to have some kind of universal or at least semi-universal way of rating things. Sure it's subjective either way but come on. Number scales are a bit ridiculous in the first place but if we're going to use them, might as well try to make it functional. To say TDKR is a 2/10 or a 4/10 is unfair because despite the flaws of the movie is simply odd.

If this were a non-Batman movie you'd give it 2/10 despite it being clearly a AAA title? Come on. I don't buy it. What other movies look this great and can't at least get a 6. I really do believe that you're being unfair.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-31 23:03:11
December 31 2012 23:01 GMT
#1995
On January 01 2013 07:52 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 07:40 Cel.erity wrote:
On January 01 2013 07:31 Djzapz wrote:
On January 01 2013 07:28 Cel.erity wrote:
On January 01 2013 01:19 WniO wrote:
On December 31 2012 18:29 Cel.erity wrote:
Looks like most people share my opinion, but I completely hated this movie, and I was very disappointed because I'm a huge fan of the first two (actually, I'm a huge fan of everything Batman-related up until now. IMO, even Batman & Robin was better than this).

My quick and dirty spoiler-free review:

-The fight scenes were terrible, and numerous. Like, 1990 WWF-style choreography. I don't get it. How could it be this much worse than the first two in the series? Sometimes you can even see that the punches aren't connecting.

-The plot overall doesn't make any sense. Bane, while portrayed well, was gutted as a character compared to how badass he is in the comic books. His motives make no sense, his movie background makes no sense, and the way he carries out his plan makes even less sense than anything else.

-The characters repeatedly behave in irrational ways, I won't give anything away, but it's quite distracting.

+The acting is actually quite good. I think I liked every actor except for maybe Anne Hathaway, but it's not completely her fault; she was written a lot of cheesy Bond-esque one-liners. Christian Bale is outstanding in everything, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, yeah...great acting. Still didn't save this movie, though.

2/10 except it's Batman, so 4/10.

Stop being so BEST EVER or WORST EVER.

2/10? really so what films fall under the 1/10 category? Be reasonable. If the acting is great, camerawork is great, directing is great, but you dont like certain aspects or the theme or whatever the fuck, then fine give it a 6/10 or 7/10. The fight scenes also were not "terrible."


Your opinion is your opinion, for me it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I couldn't stop being distracted by everything that was awful to appreciate the acting, which was the only saving grace that the movie had to offer. A 6/10 rating would mean that I thought the movie was enjoyable, above average, which I certainly did not. 4/10 is slightly below average, and 2/10 or 3/10 is terrible. This movie was terrible, so what's wrong with the rating?

Also, though I agree there are other movies which are objectively "worse" that I may give a similar or better rating, that isn't really the point. Rating is based on your enjoyment of a film only. I may give some trashy romantic comedy a 4/10 because even though it sucked, at least it achieved its objective, whereas TDKR certainly did not.

That's such a strange rating that I don't feel like your explanation justifies it, frankly. I'm not going to go on a crusade against your 4/10 or anything, but I would argue that something makes you not rate this movie fairly, something ticked you off that threw off your judgment.


It's more like most people don't know how to rate movies, because you go to IMDB and even the worst movies have like a 6/10 user rating. They hand out 8's and 9's like candy. For me, a 5/10 means it was okay, enjoyable but nothing special. Average. A 3/10 or below is basically not worth watching. An 8/10 is great, and a 9/10 is a masterpiece. I fail to see the flaw in this rating system.

The entire point of having a rating system is to have some kind of universal or at least semi-universal way of rating things. Sure it's subjective either way but come on. Number scales are a bit ridiculous in the first place but if we're going to use them, might as well try to make it functional. To say TDKR is a 2/10 or a 4/10 is unfair because despite the flaws of the movie is simply odd.

If this were a non-Batman movie you'd give it 2/10 despite it being clearly a AAA title? Come on. I don't buy it. What other movies look this great and can't at least get a 6. I really do believe that you're being unfair.


Like I said, your opinion is your opinion. I find that most Hollywood action movies are similarly awful and not worth watching, so trust me when I say I am not being unfair towards TDKR specifically. If it weren't Batman I would have walked out on it midway through the first corny fight scene.

And really, the only important thing when reading a review is the content i.e. the opinions. The rating is just an arbitrary number that the reviewer assigns. I read other people's reviews who say the exact same thing as me, but they give the movie a 6/10 or whatever, that's fine. We both think the movie is shit, that's all that matters.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 01 2013 00:48 GMT
#1996
Hokai!
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 06:48:05
January 01 2013 06:47 GMT
#1997
On January 01 2013 07:46 alQahira wrote:
I think people's ratings systems are biased by how grades in school work. So a 6/10 is like a D, or pretty terrible. That's why most people give bad movies 5s or 6s (I think).

I think movie ratings are usually like fuckable scales. 10 would fuck now. 5 could fuck now, might sleep on it. 3,2,1 would not fuck. 4 would fuck once. Now replace the word "fuck" with "watch again" and now you have a movie rating system
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
January 01 2013 07:10 GMT
#1998
On January 01 2013 15:47 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 07:46 alQahira wrote:
I think people's ratings systems are biased by how grades in school work. So a 6/10 is like a D, or pretty terrible. That's why most people give bad movies 5s or 6s (I think).

I think movie ratings are usually like fuckable scales. 10 would fuck now. 5 could fuck now, might sleep on it. 3,2,1 would not fuck. 4 would fuck once. Now replace the word "fuck" with "watch again" and now you have a movie rating system


I see it the same way. It's not based on comparing vs every other girl/movie out there, it's based on your own enjoyment on a scale of 1-10. For me an average looking girl is like a 6, but for someone who gets laid by models daily, that same girl may be a 2.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 07:39:42
January 01 2013 07:39 GMT
#1999
On January 01 2013 07:46 alQahira wrote:
I think people's ratings systems are biased by how grades in school work. So a 6/10 is like a D, or pretty terrible. That's why most people give bad movies 5s or 6s (I think).

yeah that's exactly how I do it. I like to look at movies as if they are a homework project, and I grade them accordingly. 70% is average, 80% is above average, 90% is excellent. 100% is the Big Lebowski.

for me, if the movie is a 5/10 or below it's an utter failure, with almost zero redeeming qualities. only thing worse is a "Did not complete assignment" (Mystery Science Theater 3000 status)

I use this same scale for all ratings, including girls. if a girl is a 5/10 she's pretty horrendous.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 08:22:14
January 01 2013 08:19 GMT
#2000
On January 01 2013 16:10 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 15:47 MountainDewJunkie wrote:
On January 01 2013 07:46 alQahira wrote:
I think people's ratings systems are biased by how grades in school work. So a 6/10 is like a D, or pretty terrible. That's why most people give bad movies 5s or 6s (I think).

I think movie ratings are usually like fuckable scales. 10 would fuck now. 5 could fuck now, might sleep on it. 3,2,1 would not fuck. 4 would fuck once. Now replace the word "fuck" with "watch again" and now you have a movie rating system


I see it the same way. It's not based on comparing vs every other girl/movie out there, it's based on your own enjoyment on a scale of 1-10. For me an average looking girl is like a 6, but for someone who gets laid by models daily, that same girl may be a 2.

That's why when people shouldn't say, "You think Batman is a 2? Then what are other crappy movies? Negative seven?" It's meaningless because of the spectrum: anything below a 4 is pretty much a "would not watch again." Call it negative seven for comedic effect or hyperbole, but it just means would not watch again. Like when I called Life of Pi a ZERO, all I meant was I really really didn't enjoy it. We're allowed to have different opinions.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 884
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko427
OGKoka 215
Rex 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53169
Calm 3737
Shuttle 2417
Bisu 1333
FanTaSy 1208
firebathero 383
Zeus 284
Hyuk 276
Stork 264
actioN 242
[ Show more ]
Mini 222
Rush 219
Soma 215
EffOrt 153
Light 139
Last 136
Soulkey 125
ZerO 105
Snow 100
Dewaltoss 74
Mong 71
Pusan 68
Killer 46
JYJ 43
Barracks 39
NotJumperer 37
Bale 36
Free 35
ToSsGirL 35
hero 33
Shinee 33
PianO 28
Shine 24
Aegong 21
sorry 21
Noble 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 19
HiyA 16
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5670
Dendi607
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1442
kRYSTAL_250
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns38158
singsing1936
B2W.Neo613
crisheroes240
DeMusliM189
Livibee77
hiko14
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
50m
OSC
10h 5m
Replay Cast
10h 50m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.