• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:49
CEST 13:49
KST 20:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8082 users

What Are You Reading 2013 - Page 30

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 165 Next
Dirkzor
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Denmark1944 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 08:26:38
February 11 2013 08:26 GMT
#581
On February 09 2013 12:48 aZealot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2013 06:10 Dirkzor wrote:
Just finished reading this one:

[image loading]

It was really good. It's like a chrildrens book written for adults...

Anyone seen the BBC series? Is it good?


I really enjoyed that book, a real good read. Coincidentally, I've been perusing some of Gaiman's old work on Sandman recently too (I used to collect the series). I had a sudden hankering for Sandman #74. I read it again, and went from there.

Currently halfway through Zamyatin's We and I'm enjoying it very much.


I read American Gods just before christmas and my GF have the first 3 episodes of Sandman (the collected edition. So thats like 36 episodes or something) and I've read the first 2. I really like Gaiman's style. I have 2 more of his books but I dislike reading the same auther back to back (unless its a series of course) so I'm waiting to get into to those before I've finished something else...
"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ON TOP AGAIN???? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS????" -Julmust (also, thats what she said)
phANT1m
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
South Africa535 Posts
February 11 2013 13:08 GMT
#582
Got some nice Robert Ludlum books loaded onto my tablet really hoping to get through some of them this year.
Syn Harvest
Profile Joined July 2012
United States191 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 22:10:44
February 11 2013 22:09 GMT
#583
On February 11 2013 22:08 phANT1m wrote:
Got some nice Robert Ludlum books loaded onto my tablet really hoping to get through some of them this year.


I really liked his early works. Unfortunately his work gets progressively worse as he gets richer and lazier. Also from a writers point of view his dialouge construction is very poor
Open your heart and embrace the darkness
Syn Harvest
Profile Joined July 2012
United States191 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 22:10:33
February 11 2013 22:10 GMT
#584
Sorry duplicate post
Open your heart and embrace the darkness
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
February 11 2013 22:38 GMT
#585
On February 11 2013 17:26 Dirkzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2013 12:48 aZealot wrote:
On February 09 2013 06:10 Dirkzor wrote:
Just finished reading this one:

[image loading]

It was really good. It's like a chrildrens book written for adults...

Anyone seen the BBC series? Is it good?


I really enjoyed that book, a real good read. Coincidentally, I've been perusing some of Gaiman's old work on Sandman recently too (I used to collect the series). I had a sudden hankering for Sandman #74. I read it again, and went from there.

Currently halfway through Zamyatin's We and I'm enjoying it very much.


I read American Gods just before christmas and my GF have the first 3 episodes of Sandman (the collected edition. So thats like 36 episodes or something) and I've read the first 2. I really like Gaiman's style. I have 2 more of his books but I dislike reading the same auther back to back (unless its a series of course) so I'm waiting to get into to those before I've finished something else...

I'm on book 5 of sandman, I absolutely love the series and the places Gaiman takes it, even if the art can be a bit wonky sometimes, in general its pretty great.

American God's is incredible as well, and they definitely share some of the same ideas on the role/existence of mythological beings.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
February 11 2013 22:53 GMT
#586
On February 09 2013 19:37 Syn Harvest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2013 11:40 sam!zdat wrote:
farv, from now on you are my official subject-supposed-to-like-classic-literature. I don't understand how anybody could actually have enjoyed reading milton.


I agree with this Milton is a complete bore. I could never get into Paradise a few pages and I would throw it to the side.

I have heard Brave New World by Huxley mentioned like five times in the last 2 days I think it is a sign. I'm gonna have to go pick it up.


I love Milton where is all this milton hate coming from D:

also what is this about a ulysses group? i'm down for that~
TranslatorBaa!
sam!zdat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5559 Posts
February 11 2013 22:58 GMT
#587
On February 12 2013 07:53 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
also what is this about a ulysses group? i'm down for that~


We decided to hold off for a bit, but it will happen!
shikata ga nai
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
February 11 2013 22:58 GMT
#588
On February 12 2013 07:58 sam!zdat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2013 07:53 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
also what is this about a ulysses group? i'm down for that~


We decided to hold off for a bit, but it will happen!

I'm in for when it happens. Can't believe I haven't read it yet.
Crownlol
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States3726 Posts
February 11 2013 23:01 GMT
#589
1. Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
2. The Forever War
3. The Cat Who Walks Through Walls
shaGuar :: elemeNt :: XeqtR :: naikon :: method
sam!zdat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5559 Posts
February 11 2013 23:03 GMT
#590
On February 12 2013 08:01 Crownlol wrote:
3. The Cat Who Walks Through Walls


Are you currently reading this, or are you planning to? I would advise you not to read this book.
shikata ga nai
Syn Harvest
Profile Joined July 2012
United States191 Posts
February 11 2013 23:54 GMT
#591
On February 12 2013 08:03 sam!zdat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2013 08:01 Crownlol wrote:
3. The Cat Who Walks Through Walls


Are you currently reading this, or are you planning to? I would advise you not to read this book.


Agreed Heinleins late work is not that good. Which is sad because Starship Troopers and Stranger in a Strange Land are two of my fav sci fi novels
Open your heart and embrace the darkness
sam!zdat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5559 Posts
February 11 2013 23:57 GMT
#592
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress surely deserves a mention here...
shikata ga nai
Syn Harvest
Profile Joined July 2012
United States191 Posts
February 12 2013 00:34 GMT
#593
On February 12 2013 08:57 sam!zdat wrote:
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress surely deserves a mention here...


I have not read that one I will add it too my list.
Open your heart and embrace the darkness
sam!zdat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5559 Posts
February 12 2013 00:44 GMT
#594
oh! you are in for a treat
shikata ga nai
Syn Harvest
Profile Joined July 2012
United States191 Posts
February 12 2013 00:54 GMT
#595
On February 12 2013 09:44 sam!zdat wrote:
oh! you are in for a treat


Ya it sounds pretty good I just looked it up but it will be a minute before I can get started because I finally got into The First Law Trilogy and the first book is awesome Ive burned through it in about 3 days and will finish it tomorrow. I cant stop in the middle of the series so I have probably 2 more weeks of First Law ahead of me before I can start anything else.

If you haven't read the series I highly recommend it The Blade Itself (book 1) is awesome everything I look for in a fantasy. Morally ambiguous characters, allruing and intriguing plot lines, and brutality
Open your heart and embrace the darkness
IRL_Sinister
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Ireland621 Posts
February 12 2013 00:56 GMT
#596
On January 15 2013 22:55 kafkaesque wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 22:47 Omri wrote:
Hopefully A Song of Ice and Fire: The Winds of Winter


Yeah right, like that's going to happen.

I'll prolly be reading that one in 2015, right along with the Kingkiller Chronicle III: The Doors of Stone.



This, please. :/
Syn Harvest
Profile Joined July 2012
United States191 Posts
February 12 2013 01:07 GMT
#597
On February 12 2013 09:56 IRL_Sinister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 22:55 kafkaesque wrote:
On January 15 2013 22:47 Omri wrote:
Hopefully A Song of Ice and Fire: The Winds of Winter


Yeah right, like that's going to happen.

I'll prolly be reading that one in 2015, right along with the Kingkiller Chronicle III: The Doors of Stone.



This, please. :/


I Imagine Book 3 of Kingkiller will be out next year but I'm pretty sure we'll be lucky to get Winds of Winter before 2017
Open your heart and embrace the darkness
Mafs
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada458 Posts
February 12 2013 01:56 GMT
#598
Reading LotR and gonna read other Tolkien books after(Silmarillion/Unfinished tails.)
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
February 12 2013 01:57 GMT
#599
[image loading]

I became a big fan of Burroughs after reading Naked Lunch. That book changed the way I thought about what literature could be. I wanted more, and this was the only other book barnes and noble had. 10 pages in so far and it's great!
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
RetroAspect
Profile Joined November 2011
Belgium219 Posts
February 12 2013 03:23 GMT
#600
[image loading]
I am what i am and thats all that i am!
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 165 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 890
WardiTV406
OGKoka 151
Rex118
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko343
mouzHeroMarine 292
OGKoka 151
ProTech126
Rex 118
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3230
Horang2 1331
Larva 1258
EffOrt 1018
BeSt 604
Hyuk 380
Soma 328
Rush 266
Mini 218
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
Stork 199
Light 184
Zeus 130
ggaemo 113
Barracks 109
Hyun 109
Killer 96
Shinee 38
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 33
Mong 29
Yoon 25
PianO 20
Aegong 18
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
sorry 15
Sexy 15
Noble 9
HiyA 8
zelot 7
soO 1
Dota 2
Dendi1161
BananaSlamJamma126
League of Legends
KnowMe35
Counter-Strike
byalli843
x6flipin331
Other Games
singsing2102
olofmeister1662
XaKoH 284
crisheroes274
Sick234
Pyrionflax164
ArmadaUGS59
Mew2King53
B2W.Neo8
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream478
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH309
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1703
Other Games
• WagamamaTV215
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 11m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.