• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:40
CEST 07:40
KST 14:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5697 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 102

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 1254 Next
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
March 18 2012 03:57 GMT
#2021
On March 18 2012 12:51 imweakless wrote:
will be playing dota 2 for the first time.. how do hotkeys works here? in dota(wc3) im using alt+qwaszx

You can set them up the same way. Just go to options.
BallinWitStalin
Profile Joined July 2008
1177 Posts
March 18 2012 04:58 GMT
#2022
Hey guys,

I've got a question, and no-one to test it with, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew the answer.

If I right click (as a melee hero) to attack someone who's activated a ghost scepter while I'm chasing them, should my hero at least follow them, or will he stop moving and stand around doing nothing? I assumed that clicking on them would at least keep my hero in melee range and continueing the chase (despite not being able to attack), but I had an occurance where I was NS chasing a ghosted leshrac, and my NS just stopped running, stood there, and lesh got away.

Do I have to click on the ground next to them now (was it this way in Dota 1? I can't remember...), or was this just some weird shit?
I await the reminiscent nerd chills I will get when I hear a Korean broadcaster yell "WEEAAAAVVVVVUUUHHH" while watching Dota
5-s
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1674 Posts
March 18 2012 05:20 GMT
#2023
On March 18 2012 13:58 BallinWitStalin wrote:
Hey guys,

I've got a question, and no-one to test it with, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knew the answer.

If I right click (as a melee hero) to attack someone who's activated a ghost scepter while I'm chasing them, should my hero at least follow them, or will he stop moving and stand around doing nothing? I assumed that clicking on them would at least keep my hero in melee range and continueing the chase (despite not being able to attack), but I had an occurance where I was NS chasing a ghosted leshrac, and my NS just stopped running, stood there, and lesh got away.

Do I have to click on the ground next to them now (was it this way in Dota 1? I can't remember...), or was this just some weird shit?

You have to click ground or m+click. Anyhow, you should be constantly clicking ground when ur chasing anyway (or else you got fogged a lot).
I liked Dota before it was Mainstream.
Depetrify
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
978 Posts
March 18 2012 05:34 GMT
#2024
Is Spectre a viable hero in hardcore games, or just cool looking?
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
March 18 2012 05:35 GMT
#2025
Spectre is viable hard carry.
wurm
Profile Joined October 2007
Philippines2296 Posts
March 18 2012 07:02 GMT
#2026
On March 18 2012 14:34 Depetrify wrote:
Is Spectre a viable hero in hardcore games, or just cool looking?


Farm up a Vanguard and a Radiance and you're good to go. Spec is still picked in pro games, so yes, he's a very viable hero. And try to abuse Haunt as much as possible.
I know where my towel is.
Tryhat
Profile Joined March 2012
160 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 09:07:21
March 18 2012 09:06 GMT
#2027
On March 18 2012 09:31 Ack1027 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 22:52 Tryhat wrote:
On March 17 2012 22:20 Ack1027 wrote:
Timing window.


If you don't know the answer you don't have to answer...


?
That was the simple and correct answer. You have no idea who I am, yet you post dumb arrogant shit like this.

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/QOP
scroll down to blink skill description
You can use Blink to dodge incoming projectiles.
Am, Void, Potm, all also similar but with different characteristics.


Newsflash: You're a noob and you can't time the blink to dodge the projectile. Furthermore, you did some retarded ass test using two different projectiles instead of using the same hero and trying to blink with stable conditions.

Instead what you should have done is ask for a post explaining it in further detail instead of saying some clowny response assuming I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I have a history of helping people out and sticking to the rule of only talking when I know what the topic is. I would have helped you in a friendly manner, but instead you look foolish.

gl hf in single player

Sorry to disappoint passiveace didn't know I had a fan ;P



It's alright, man, don't feel bad just because you don't know the answer to the question.

It wasn't testing, it was something I noticed in match conditions.You're saying QoP can't for some reason blink away from Lina's attacks but can blink away from Bane's? Ok. Very logical.

It's funny. This is a place to ask questions. I ask a question about when to blink away to dodge projectiles and get "LOL NOOB YOU CANT TIME IT CORRECTLY HAHAHA OMG" thrown in my face as an answer. THen you claimed to have answered my still unanswered question.

Maybe you should just leave this thread and go wave your cock around somewhere else.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 18 2012 13:05 GMT
#2028
On March 18 2012 18:06 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 09:31 Ack1027 wrote:
On March 17 2012 22:52 Tryhat wrote:
On March 17 2012 22:20 Ack1027 wrote:
Timing window.


If you don't know the answer you don't have to answer...


?
That was the simple and correct answer. You have no idea who I am, yet you post dumb arrogant shit like this.

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/QOP
scroll down to blink skill description
You can use Blink to dodge incoming projectiles.
Am, Void, Potm, all also similar but with different characteristics.


Newsflash: You're a noob and you can't time the blink to dodge the projectile. Furthermore, you did some retarded ass test using two different projectiles instead of using the same hero and trying to blink with stable conditions.

Instead what you should have done is ask for a post explaining it in further detail instead of saying some clowny response assuming I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I have a history of helping people out and sticking to the rule of only talking when I know what the topic is. I would have helped you in a friendly manner, but instead you look foolish.

gl hf in single player

Sorry to disappoint passiveace didn't know I had a fan ;P



It's alright, man, don't feel bad just because you don't know the answer to the question.

It wasn't testing, it was something I noticed in match conditions.You're saying QoP can't for some reason blink away from Lina's attacks but can blink away from Bane's? Ok. Very logical.

It's funny. This is a place to ask questions. I ask a question about when to blink away to dodge projectiles and get "LOL NOOB YOU CANT TIME IT CORRECTLY HAHAHA OMG" thrown in my face as an answer. THen you claimed to have answered my still unanswered question.

Maybe you should just leave this thread and go wave your cock around somewhere else.


This is going to end well.

Anyways, as we wait for impending doom I do have a question nonetheless. How the hell do I Beastmaster -- and most importantly, WHY do I pick Beastmaster? I see his axes ability, and it just seems useless at first glance but maybe I'm missing something? It could clear a good path in trees, but it doesn't seem like that great of a damage dealer considering a hefty mana cost at low levels with unconsiderable damage.

I would assume it would be because of his scouting bird, pet boar and massive attack speed aura that would make him pretty damn good in a ganking and teamfight situation.
gaymon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1023 Posts
March 18 2012 13:13 GMT
#2029
And an ultimate which is one of the best CCs in the game
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 18 2012 13:18 GMT
#2030
On March 18 2012 22:13 gaymon wrote:
And an ultimate which is one of the best CCs in the game


Yeah, I dont know why I'm thinking purely of his axes when everything else looks so good
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 13:26:52
March 18 2012 13:23 GMT
#2031
On March 18 2012 22:05 Candadar wrote:
This is going to end well.

Anyways, as we wait for impending doom I do have a question nonetheless. How the hell do I Beastmaster -- and most importantly, WHY do I pick Beastmaster? I see his axes ability, and it just seems useless at first glance but maybe I'm missing something? It could clear a good path in trees, but it doesn't seem like that great of a damage dealer considering a hefty mana cost at low levels with unconsiderable damage.

I would assume it would be because of his scouting bird, pet boar and massive attack speed aura that would make him pretty damn good in a ganking and teamfight situation.

TBH I actually think the new Chinese style of Beastmaster is more fun than the conventional max-Call builds (I'm also curious why it hasn't picked up in the DotA 2 metagame, given how great it is for pushing). Max Axes first, with Aura at 2 and 4, only starting Call at 8 or 10, depending on the situation. The Greater Hawk's utility early game is much less than it used to be with nerfs over a few patches, and Smoke being in the game, and the Boar is only hugely useful in certain melee vs. melee lanes. Uses Axes/Aura to shove every wave into the enemy tower, while maintaining rune control. Gank if you're 6 and get good runes. If the enemy mid laner tries to gank, take his tower for free (4th rank aura pushes towers stupidly fast).

With regard to Axes: remember that targets can get hit once by each axe, so the damage isn't "unconsiderable". 360 damage at rank 4 (180 PER AXE) is hardly anything to scoff at in comparison to other AoE nukes. Especially since it's mixed damage and therefore goes through magic immunity (stacking and farming ancients are quite easy on Beastmaster).

Items are Bottle->Arcanes->Mekansm->situational team utility items (Janggo, Pipe, AC, Vlad's, etc.)
Moderator
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 18 2012 13:30 GMT
#2032
On March 18 2012 22:23 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 22:05 Candadar wrote:
This is going to end well.

Anyways, as we wait for impending doom I do have a question nonetheless. How the hell do I Beastmaster -- and most importantly, WHY do I pick Beastmaster? I see his axes ability, and it just seems useless at first glance but maybe I'm missing something? It could clear a good path in trees, but it doesn't seem like that great of a damage dealer considering a hefty mana cost at low levels with unconsiderable damage.

I would assume it would be because of his scouting bird, pet boar and massive attack speed aura that would make him pretty damn good in a ganking and teamfight situation.

TBH I actually think the new Chinese style of Beastmaster is more fun than the conventional max-Call builds (I'm also curious why it hasn't picked up in the DotA 2 metagame, given how great it is for pushing). Max Axes first, with Aura at 2 and 4, only starting Call at 8 or 10, depending on the situation. The Greater Hawk's utility early game is much less than it used to be with nerfs over a few patches, and Smoke being in the game, and the Boar is only hugely useful in certain melee vs. melee lanes. Uses Axes/Aura to shove every wave into the enemy tower, while maintaining rune control. Gank if you're 6 and get good runes. If the enemy mid laner tries to gank, take his tower for free (4th rank aura pushes towers stupidly fast).

With regard to Axes: remember that targets can get hit once by each axe, so the damage isn't "unconsiderable". 360 damage at rank 4 (180 PER AXE) is hardly anything to scoff at in comparison to other AoE nukes. Especially since it's mixed damage and therefore goes through magic immunity (stacking and farming ancients are quite easy on Beastmaster).

Items are Bottle->Arcanes->Mekansm->situational team utility items (Janggo, Pipe, AC, Vlad's, etc.)


Wait wot. I didn't think about it like that. So if I catch someone in the middle of the axes, both will hit him for a combined mixed damage? That can just annihilate a creep wave too, shit I never thought of it like that. Should I go out of my way to use speshul taktiks and take out tree path's for ganks, or save axes for fights, or is it one of those purely situational things? I feel like the tree cutting has some awesome use that I'm going to find out when I start using this guy.

And thanks, I'll try that out with the Q/E build.
Canola
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada159 Posts
March 18 2012 17:40 GMT
#2033
QUESTION: If you activate Pipe shortly AFTER Venomancer uses his ult will it still negate damage from it?
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
March 18 2012 17:49 GMT
#2034
yes
5-s
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1674 Posts
March 18 2012 18:33 GMT
#2035
On March 18 2012 22:18 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 22:13 gaymon wrote:
And an ultimate which is one of the best CCs in the game


Yeah, I dont know why I'm thinking purely of his axes when everything else looks so good

Not sure why your'e discounting his axes either; it's one of the strongest regular aoe nukes in the game. (180-360 damage before reduction).
I liked Dota before it was Mainstream.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 18 2012 19:55 GMT
#2036
On March 19 2012 03:33 5-s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 22:18 Candadar wrote:
On March 18 2012 22:13 gaymon wrote:
And an ultimate which is one of the best CCs in the game


Yeah, I dont know why I'm thinking purely of his axes when everything else looks so good

Not sure why your'e discounting his axes either; it's one of the strongest regular aoe nukes in the game. (180-360 damage before reduction).


I really need to play this guy.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
March 18 2012 21:42 GMT
#2037
Does anyone know how to disable shift queuing? Or rebind it. I need my shift key to do nothing or I can't play this game. :/
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
March 19 2012 05:07 GMT
#2038
On March 19 2012 06:42 scottyyy wrote:
Does anyone know how to disable shift queuing? Or rebind it. I need my shift key to do nothing or I can't play this game. :/


Why do you need your shift key to do nothing?
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
March 19 2012 05:29 GMT
#2039
On March 19 2012 14:07 Xinder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 06:42 scottyyy wrote:
Does anyone know how to disable shift queuing? Or rebind it. I need my shift key to do nothing or I can't play this game. :/


Why do you need your shift key to do nothing?


It's my push to talk on mumble. And no I can't just change my push to talk key because I'm so used to it. :p
Depetrify
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
978 Posts
March 19 2012 07:24 GMT
#2040
Can Drow Ranger use lifesteal items?
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2218
GuemChi 659
Snow 161
Leta 129
Bale 34
Noble 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto24
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King191
Other Games
summit1g7116
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0261
Sick136
ViBE93
Trikslyr30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick494
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2212
League of Legends
• Lourlo1339
• Stunt425
Other Games
• Shiphtur513
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 20m
Patches Events
10h 20m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.