• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:00
CEST 01:00
KST 08:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9783 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 101

Forum Index > Dota 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 1254 Next
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
March 17 2012 04:18 GMT
#2001
Generally you get 4 in q and 4 in e for double spirits, which you then spam. Some people also get one in w for ghost walk/meteor/blast. You can either get 4 q first to maximizing lane control and more powerful ganks via coldsnap and icewall, or increase your global presence via e first for max sunstrike damage, as well as harassment in lane. Make sure you have at least 6 in q before you start pushing rax, so you can outrange towers with spirits.

I don't really like this build cause mid game you become a walking spirits dispenser, and you don't have the mobility that makes invoker so strong. I might be wrong on some of this, since I Don't play this style
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
Depetrify
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
978 Posts
March 17 2012 06:21 GMT
#2002
What items don't stack with eachother? o.O

I know you can't have 2 pairs of boots. Today I had 2 lifesteal items and everybody started making fun of me.

Is it like 1 sword, 1 chest, 1 ring, 1 of every piece that you would use in reality? :O
LAN-f34r
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand2099 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 06:54:59
March 17 2012 06:51 GMT
#2003
No its not like that. "unique attack modifiers" (orbs in dota 1) don't stack with each other. Every lifesteal item is an orb except for vlads (vlads is an aura that only works for melee, VERY few heros should get it). Some other orbs include: desolater, eye of skadi, and maelstrom.

It should be noted that some heroes have their own orb, such as Anti mage's mana break and ursa's fury swipes. These heroes shouldn't be buying orbs basically ever. There are one or 2 exceptions (such as drow), but don't worry too much about that - if your character has an orb, you probably shouldn't buy another one. Also, some characters have inbuilt lifesteal that isn't an orb - namely naix's feast and skele king's aura.

Basically all you need to know is that you should only have one orb.

Also, don't think about lifesteal so much. It isn't as great as it seems - dota has a lot of burst, often if you are going to die, its because you are disabled. Lifesteal does not help that. In general, it is better to buy items that give direct hp or str, or otherwise aid survivability.

Boots don't stack as you mentioned.

EDIT: Oh, and if you are ranged eye of skadi isn't an orb but its still a buff placer or some shit like that, so it stacks with lifesteal but not other orbs - basically just read the items you buy and what your abilities do.
The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it. It's through our pane (pain) we window (win though).
Tryhat
Profile Joined March 2012
160 Posts
March 17 2012 12:15 GMT
#2004
I'm so confused now. I've been under the impression that you can't blink away from projectiles, but I see others do it regularly so I've never really understood it. I played a game as QoP and tried blinking away from a regular attack from Lina. Did not work.Then now I played as Bane and attacked a QoP. She blinked away from my projectile. What's up with that?
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
March 17 2012 13:20 GMT
#2005
Timing window.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 13:45:13
March 17 2012 13:28 GMT
#2006
I am also interested in how to use this "timing window" to dodge projectiles with blink, would you mind explaining how avoid them properly, o wise guru Ack1027?
(I hope that didnt come off as sarcasm, i really do consider you a guru of this forum :p)
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Tryhat
Profile Joined March 2012
160 Posts
March 17 2012 13:52 GMT
#2007
On March 17 2012 22:20 Ack1027 wrote:
Timing window.


If you don't know the answer you don't have to answer...
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
March 17 2012 13:55 GMT
#2008
He knows, ack is actually very knowledgable, its just a matter of getting him to take the time to explain it.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
March 17 2012 15:06 GMT
#2009
The projectile has to be midair, rather than the hero being in the middle of frontswing. Or I was mistaken all that time
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
Depetrify
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
978 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 18:18:12
March 17 2012 18:14 GMT
#2010
Orbs don't stack with any orbs of their kind, or any other orbs at all?
Tryhat
Profile Joined March 2012
160 Posts
March 17 2012 18:30 GMT
#2011
On March 18 2012 00:06 Qbek wrote:
The projectile has to be midair, rather than the hero being in the middle of frontswing. Or I was mistaken all that time


Yes of course, that is what I'm talking about. Not making anything up either. I watched the replay at 0.25x speed. When I blinked away (with QoP) from a Lina projectile (right-click attack) it followed me to my new location and killed me. When I right-click attacked QoP (with Bane) the projectile did not follow and allowed him to live. I'm clueless. But I guess it's a bug, and I've *never* managed to blink away from a projectile so I assume that's the way it should work.

Kirb
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany900 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 19:27:34
March 17 2012 19:26 GMT
#2012
On March 18 2012 03:30 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 00:06 Qbek wrote:
The projectile has to be midair, rather than the hero being in the middle of frontswing. Or I was mistaken all that time


Yes of course, that is what I'm talking about. Not making anything up either. I watched the replay at 0.25x speed. When I blinked away (with QoP) from a Lina projectile (right-click attack) it followed me to my new location and killed me. When I right-click attacked QoP (with Bane) the projectile did not follow and allowed him to live. I'm clueless. But I guess it's a bug, and I've *never* managed to blink away from a projectile so I assume that's the way it should work.



No as was said - that is not the way and it's no bug. You have to blink at the exact timing (timing window), but there won't be much people to explain you exactly then, since most of them ( like me ) do it just by feeling. Some skills have a larger timing window, some skills have a lesser. You can for example even dodge an ogre stun in dota 1 also that's like insanely harder than a venge stun or a normal attack.
If no one answers your questions indepths here - just go read the technical forums.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 23:33:14
March 17 2012 23:33 GMT
#2013
I have a couple of quick questions.

Can you unbind shift? I'm constantly queuing up commands as shift is my push to talk key for mumble.

Is there a 3rd party colour blind mod? Right now it's impossible to lane since I can't tell enemy and ally creeps apart.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
March 17 2012 23:34 GMT
#2014
http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Unique_Attack_Modifier

should be clear enough to answer any question about orbs
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
March 18 2012 00:31 GMT
#2015
On March 17 2012 22:52 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2012 22:20 Ack1027 wrote:
Timing window.


If you don't know the answer you don't have to answer...


?
That was the simple and correct answer. You have no idea who I am, yet you post dumb arrogant shit like this.

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/QOP
scroll down to blink skill description
You can use Blink to dodge incoming projectiles.
Am, Void, Potm, all also similar but with different characteristics.


Newsflash: You're a noob and you can't time the blink to dodge the projectile. Furthermore, you did some retarded ass test using two different projectiles instead of using the same hero and trying to blink with stable conditions.

Instead what you should have done is ask for a post explaining it in further detail instead of saying some clowny response assuming I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I have a history of helping people out and sticking to the rule of only talking when I know what the topic is. I would have helped you in a friendly manner, but instead you look foolish.

gl hf in single player

Sorry to disappoint passiveace didn't know I had a fan ;P

me_viet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1350 Posts
March 18 2012 01:25 GMT
#2016
HEY, I just logged in to Steam, and in my game library, i have 'Dota 2' and 'Dota 2 Test'. DOES THAT MEAN I GOT DOTA 2 BETA? =O if so, which one do i install? only asking because I never got any notification on Steam that I got into the beta
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 01:28:25
March 18 2012 01:27 GMT
#2017
Yes that means you got into the beta.

Dota 2 test is like PTR or the client where they fix bugs before putting it into the official beta. Most people play normal ' dota 2 '
The dota 2 test is fun to try out new heroes for a bit.

Grats!
me_viet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1350 Posts
March 18 2012 01:32 GMT
#2018
OH SWEEETT !! haha but now i'm worried since i didn't get any emails or notification for beta key or w/e, does it require one like sc2?
Goshawk.
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United Kingdom5338 Posts
March 18 2012 01:42 GMT
#2019
No, it's all tied to your Steam client.
imweakless
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
757 Posts
March 18 2012 03:51 GMT
#2020
will be playing dota 2 for the first time.. how do hotkeys works here? in dota(wc3) im using alt+qwaszx
KMK,Qri,GsD#1, UEE,stork jangbi for life!
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 1254 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 141
Nathanias 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 559
910 34
MaD[AoV]25
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Counter-Strike
Fnx 649
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox557
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
Other Games
summit1g9569
shahzam413
C9.Mang0285
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
gamesdonequick150
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie853
• Shiphtur740
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h
Patches Events
17h
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.