• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:17
CEST 02:17
KST 09:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8444 users

TvZ All-in Marines - Page 4

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Sevenofnines
Profile Joined May 2010
United States167 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 11:05:08
August 21 2010 11:04 GMT
#61
On August 21 2010 19:52 moosh wrote:
LOl goddamn... I have to tech to every unit (banelings, speedlings, infestors, and ultras) and use all their abilities (burrow, fungal growth)... spawn lots of creep... control all the watch towers... out-expand and defend all the expands.... harass... never get supply blocked... get all the upgrades I can for all my units... tech to tier 3 units as quickly as possible

to deal with 1a marines... lulz all day


Now you are just trolling. Doing a select few of those recommendations would let you easily roll over mass marines. Your problem is that you did none of them. I highly suspect if you posted more of your losses against Terran we'd see more of the same macro/micro problems. From what you say, you certainly would have a lot of those to show us?
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
August 21 2010 11:07 GMT
#62
I couldn´t download the replay, but I still guess, that he had more than 2 Baracks.
Given the screenshot I also guess he was 2 basing.

Marines only isn´t really a strong playstyle, but an easy one. You also can counter it with something easy.
Simply Speedlings with Banelings in big masses. Everything else is bonus to utterly destroy him.
Especially if he doesn´t have a single Marauder, Marines die like paper planes.

If he doesn´t build anything else, youre fine with just having more lings than him, for which you clearly had the resources. If you accidentally get over 1k Minerals, just build Overlords till you hit 200 Supply, so you don´t have to worry about it later.

It´s not as complicated as people write here to just beat 1a Marines.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
moosh
Profile Joined May 2009
United States118 Posts
August 21 2010 11:09 GMT
#63
How many of you are actually zerg players? I feel like my rage isn't just from this game (though this was the worst) but a collection of frustrations over this whole period of laddering since release.
moosh
Profile Joined May 2009
United States118 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 11:16:56
August 21 2010 11:10 GMT
#64
On August 21 2010 20:04 Sevenofnines wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2010 19:52 moosh wrote:
LOl goddamn... I have to tech to every unit (banelings, speedlings, infestors, and ultras) and use all their abilities (burrow, fungal growth)... spawn lots of creep... control all the watch towers... out-expand and defend all the expands.... harass... never get supply blocked... get all the upgrades I can for all my units... tech to tier 3 units as quickly as possible

to deal with 1a marines... lulz all day


Now you are just trolling. Doing a select few of those recommendations would let you easily roll over mass marines. Your problem is that you did none of them. I highly suspect if you posted more of your losses against Terran we'd see more of the same macro/micro problems. From what you say, you certainly would have a lot of those to show us?


No, I tend to play like this. But if you'd play Z you'd understand that we have to play kind of defensively against Terran and that each of their pushes are incredibly difficult to hold off. All my ZvT matches end up with me having to tech to either broodlords or ultras. Our tier two units just... SUCK. Everything melts like butter.

http://rapidshare.com/files/414227981/ZvT_Epic_Ultras.SC2Replay
moosh
Profile Joined May 2009
United States118 Posts
August 21 2010 11:10 GMT
#65
On August 21 2010 20:07 Mataza wrote:
I couldn´t download the replay, but I still guess, that he had more than 2 Baracks.
Given the screenshot I also guess he was 2 basing.

Marines only isn´t really a strong playstyle, but an easy one. You also can counter it with something easy.
Simply Speedlings with Banelings in big masses. Everything else is bonus to utterly destroy him.
Especially if he doesn´t have a single Marauder, Marines die like paper planes.

If he doesn´t build anything else, youre fine with just having more lings than him, for which you clearly had the resources. If you accidentally get over 1k Minerals, just build Overlords till you hit 200 Supply, so you don´t have to worry about it later.

It´s not as complicated as people write here to just beat 1a Marines.


http://rapidshare.com/files/414228096/Worst_Game_Ever.SC2Replay
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
August 21 2010 11:19 GMT
#66
[image loading]
Jaug
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden249 Posts
August 21 2010 11:20 GMT
#67
On August 21 2010 15:21 moosh wrote:
By the way, the guy messaged me afterwards and exclaimed he probably didn't deserve that win. I definitely see where I made mistakes but... so I have to play as good as Check to beat a guy who 1a's marines? That's pretty discouraging.


Unfortunately that's kind of the case. If you post a replay as a zerg you will get critized for not using every mineral and gas you got but really it's exactly like you say you should not have to be check to beat a guy who 1-a marines.
Cade)Flayer
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom279 Posts
August 21 2010 11:26 GMT
#68
On August 21 2010 20:19 Dead9 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Seriously... That Zerg in the replay was just beyond awful with his unit control. Keep your units in a ball and attack move, it's not hard. The problem with the Zerg in that game is that every fight he streamed his units in in a big conga line.

Embarrassing.
That boys a monster
Vorla
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden32 Posts
August 21 2010 11:29 GMT
#69
"omg marines are T1 ololol" ... medivac support is not. Bling/Sling is 1.5 and is all you need. You can both A-move and you will win. If you add 10% extra control (burrow or take a smaller amount and attack from another direction) you'll win even bigger.

Threads like this make the other ZvT threads look bad. Or good, depending on which ones you've read.
wat
Competent
Profile Joined April 2010
United States406 Posts
August 21 2010 11:30 GMT
#70
On August 21 2010 15:06 Muftobration wrote:
I just watched the replay. While what everyone says here is true about being able to counter using speedlings and banelings, it's still a bit absurd that marines + a-move is all that the Terran needs to defeat a Zerg who's not 100% on top of everything.


Top of everything? Buddy this guy is floating 2k+ 2k+ on three bases with unnder 80 food. He probably isn't top of bronze.
Nurrrhhh, I'm gonna be A+ by Wendsday! -Day[9] "I'm going to spread out my lings so it looks like there is more. Lots of animals do that." -CatZ
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
August 21 2010 11:31 GMT
#71
When you were complaining in chat you had the spare minerals and gas for 50(fifty!) banelings. Just attack moving those 50 extra banelings would've been more than enough to win the game.
I'll call Nada.
Sevenofnines
Profile Joined May 2010
United States167 Posts
August 21 2010 11:31 GMT
#72
On August 21 2010 20:10 moosh wrote:
No, I tend to play like this. But if you'd play Z you'd understand that we have to play kind of defensively against Terran and that each of their pushes are incredibly difficult to hold off. All my ZvT matches end up with me having to tech to either broodlords or ultras. Our tier two units just... SUCK. Everything melts like butter.

http://rapidshare.com/files/414227981/ZvT_Epic_Ultras.SC2Replay


This replay shows many of the same problems as your OP: resource glutting, supply blocks, lack of creep spreading, throwing units into larger enemy forces, and poor scouting. You managed to win because the Terran player in this case was just as bad in this regard that game. Whereas in the OP replay, the Terran player was better in that regard.

No one here is saying you need to be pro, but most of those things are basic to ALL races. You don't need to be a Zerg to understand you should spend your money. You don't need to be Zerg to understand not to get supply blocked. And so on.
Alsn
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden995 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 11:37:27
August 21 2010 11:32 GMT
#73
On August 21 2010 20:20 Jaug wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2010 15:21 moosh wrote:
By the way, the guy messaged me afterwards and exclaimed he probably didn't deserve that win. I definitely see where I made mistakes but... so I have to play as good as Check to beat a guy who 1a's marines? That's pretty discouraging.


Unfortunately that's kind of the case. If you post a replay as a zerg you will get critized for not using every mineral and gas you got but really it's exactly like you say you should not have to be check to beat a guy who 1-a marines.
Seriously, don't reinforce this guy's belief that it's because of ZvT that he lost.

Sevenofnines perfectly explained why he lost earlier in the thread and reinforcing his belief that the matchup is imbalanced will help no one, least of all the OP since it will mean instead of trying to improve, he will just become frustrated by playing.

To the OP: As a diamond zerg that regularly gets past the first 3-4 rounds in 512-1024 player tourneys(and with a few wins against sponsored players) I can with confidence tell you that the matchup is faaaar from as unbalanced as you seem to believe.

You are simply playing ZvT the wrong way as you usually don't even need to attack before you have ultras/broods(except for a little harassment). All you have to do is scout the map, kill his push(es) when he tries to attack, and outexpand until you simply walk over him. Trying to go for the throat just because you won a fight in the field is one of the biggest mistakes you can make, not to mention all the other criticism already presented in the thread so far.

Edit: Oh and yea, the picture Dead9 posted also perfectly illustrates what should happen if you had actually produced enough banelings and engaged in the proper situations.
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!
captive411
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States80 Posts
August 21 2010 11:37 GMT
#74
On August 21 2010 14:38 moosh wrote:
Hey guys, so i'm not a bad zerg player. I find I have the most trouble with Terran as do most Z players. But you have to check this out. This guy goes flat out ONLY goes marines and medivac. NOTHING ELSE! I'm on three base, I have the gold, he is just barley expanding, and he keeps wiping out my units. I had the money to tech to ultras, brood lords, whatever. But I thought my baneling, roach, hydra would do best. I mean if I went brood lords, his marines would melt the broodlings, and he could quickly pump vikings. If I went ultras they would just melt to a little stim micro. You HAVE to check this out. It is RIDICULOUS!

http://rapidshare.com/files/414191018/Worst_Game_Ever.SC2Replay

The only thing I thought I could maybe do was some burrow micro with banelings. But there are so many fronts for him to attack from on Oasis. Really, I quit zerg until patch. This is complete and utter bullshit.


A better way to look at it is: I should have won this match. What did I do that made me lose? What can I do better next time. We all fail in execution sometimes. Just play better next game. Its not a balance issue. Losing sucks, but there's another game to play...
twitter.com/stormcrack
Pheard
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada22 Posts
August 21 2010 12:00 GMT
#75
On August 21 2010 15:21 moosh wrote:
By the way, the guy messaged me afterwards and exclaimed he probably didn't deserve that win. I definitely see where I made mistakes but... so I have to play as good as Check to beat a guy who 1a's marines? That's pretty discouraging.


You're so far off the mark it's rediculous

Banelings > marines.

End of story.
ZaaaaaM
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1828 Posts
August 21 2010 12:03 GMT
#76
On August 21 2010 15:16 moosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2010 15:13 ZaaaaaM wrote:
On August 21 2010 14:38 moosh wrote:
Hey guys, so i'm not a bad zerg player. I find I have the most trouble with Terran as do most Z players. But you have to check this out. This guy goes flat out ONLY goes marines and medivac. NOTHING ELSE! I'm on three base, I have the gold, he is just barley expanding, and he keeps wiping out my units. I had the money to tech to ultras, brood lords, whatever. But I thought my baneling, roach, hydra would do best. I mean if I went brood lords, his marines would melt the broodlings, and he could quickly pump vikings. If I went ultras they would just melt to a little stim micro. You HAVE to check this out. It is RIDICULOUS!

http://rapidshare.com/files/414191018/Worst_Game_Ever.SC2Replay

The only thing I thought I could maybe do was some burrow micro with banelings. But there are so many fronts for him to attack from on Oasis. Really, I quit zerg until patch. This is complete and utter bullshit.


lawl, I wish people used this strat against me. So many units are good against pure marines, blords, ultras, blings and roaches. You're saying "if I went x, y would happen [y=bad]" Pretty bold statements and hard to believe without you showing it. Try to play against the same tactic a few times before making a useless topic. Oh yeah, spend your minerals and larva >.<


Ultras? Seriously? I debated that. But I figured with a little stim micro those Ultras would melt. Brood lords? With the starports already out, i'm sure those would have just gotten eaten up by vikings. I had to fend off a lot of attacks just to tech to brood lords. By the time i'm there he can just pump some vikings and all that tech is wasted. And with the lack of cliffs to hide over, marines can just stim, run under brood lords, and boom your dead.

Honestly? I thought I WAS going the counter for marines. Speedlings, banelings, roaches. The fact that it wasn't WORKING was what made me so frustrated.

You're probably right about the blords, they're just a bit too fragile and 6 vikings tear em apart. I think ultraling with infestors is your best bet, you can either run in with cracklings from 1 side and ultra's from the other side or use the infestors to keep em in place while the ultras are having a nice meal.
no dude, the question
Pking
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden142 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 13:41:23
August 21 2010 13:39 GMT
#77
You begun the game with saying you will probably loose. During the game you say you are loosing. At some point you accused the opponent of using maphacks. Throughout the game you foolishly engaged the opponent with like half your army at a time. 24 minutes into the game the opponent has 9 workers to your 37 and you proceed to proclaim that you'll post this the game on teamliquid like you've lost the game and then you throw the game away.

It reminds me of poker players that blame their losses on bad luck and that the poker site is rigged - a couple of bad beats and they go all-in with a loosing hand. Similarly you say that T is OP and that the opponent is cheating. Its a looser mentality. You like bad poker players, play in a way that will reaffirm your beliefs that you can't win. You need to work on taking responsibility for your results and getting rid of those unhelpful beliefs.

TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
August 21 2010 13:49 GMT
#78
On August 21 2010 20:19 Dead9 wrote:
[image loading]

There you go.

Switching to Terran won't help you if your play is at this level. Interestingly enough, I think you'd actually be *worse* off because Terran doesn't let you pool larvae and spend them all after you missed a production round.
Moderator
PanzerKing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States483 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 14:18:48
August 21 2010 14:07 GMT
#79
If you can't spend 2500 minerals and gas with Zerg, I think your macro problems are going to be much, much worse with Terran. You really need to buckle down and work on macro instead of thinking that a race change will fix a fundamental weakness in your play.

LOl goddamn... I have to tech to every unit (banelings, speedlings, infestors, and ultras) and use all their abilities (burrow, fungal growth)... spawn lots of creep... control all the watch towers... out-expand and defend all the expands.... harass... never get supply blocked... get all the upgrades I can for all my units... tech to tier 3 units as quickly as possible

to deal with 1a marines... lulz all day


No, you do not have to do all that to win against 1A marines. Any one or two of those would probably have been enough. However, those are all things that you failed to do, and you should work on all of them.
http://tkrmx.blogspot.com/
Meldrath
Profile Joined June 2010
United States620 Posts
August 21 2010 14:48 GMT
#80
Having played against some 800-900 diamond zergs in my time as terran, They can abuse the shit out of you in some games and make you feel like a red headed step child with harassment and sniping your scv's constant air raids and nydus canals keep you on your toes and your mech army spread all over your base trying to keep up. Zerg versus terran isnt broken it. you lost your game for alot of the previously mentioned reasons that and as soon as you saw you were playing a terran your mind fliped a switch that said "Oh Geez Terrans as "overpowered" and this match up sucks so im not even gunna try. Given how shotty your mechanics looked on the replay im guessing your gold level maybe low plat?
slap me I must be dreaming another "imba" arugment! fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft488
Nina 165
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13604
Hyuk 48
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm199
League of Legends
Doublelift4608
Other Games
summit1g9836
FrodaN3137
JimRising 560
KnowMe197
ViBE115
ArmadaUGS103
Mew2King66
Trikslyr30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1267
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 44m
INu's Battles
11h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 44m
Replay Cast
22h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.