• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:52
CEST 00:52
KST 07:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6841 users

! [G] W.T.F. - A PvT Guide - Page 2

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-23 12:44:18
October 23 2007 12:38 GMT
#21
On October 23 2007 21:07 NoDDiE wrote:
don't agree with last part -
corsairs aren't insane in pvt
actually making some d-web is very sexy win XDDD


I agree, Corsairs are sometimes REALLY helpful to have in PvT.

I upgraded Disruption Web and the energy upgrade for Corsairs on Lost Temple (I was 12 and he was 2) and he kept annoying the hell out of me because I couldn't approach his main in any way, shape, or form but with my Corsairs I was able to pull off a GIGANTIC Recall for the win.

Corsairs are REALLY useful in clutch play

Also, that's one long guide. I couldn't read all of it.

edit: And why in the WORLD are there MEOWs everywhere -_-
^-^
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
October 23 2007 13:04 GMT
#22
Because our wonderful creatures - probes - say Meow. (Or something similar to that. To understand the "wonderful creatures" quote and "meow", you probably want to watch one of Nony's FPVODs.)

Excellent guide; you covered many aspects of the matchup, including a very vital part regarding how to react to what you scout. Thanks a bunch!
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
phreekill
Profile Joined October 2007
United States46 Posts
October 23 2007 13:52 GMT
#23
Thank you for this guide. Even a Terran user can read it to improve his tvp.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
October 23 2007 14:45 GMT
#24
Not sure why all the negative comments on page 1. I read it all and I thought it was concise, light-hearted and accurate. Fuck the haters!
Moderator
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
October 23 2007 16:44 GMT
#25
hahaha not bad, really had some funny bits there =D
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
DeadVessel
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States6269 Posts
October 23 2007 17:32 GMT
#26
Great post .
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
October 23 2007 19:43 GMT
#27
GOOD GUIDE
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
il0seonpurpose
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5638 Posts
October 23 2007 19:53 GMT
#28
Nice read with good pictures, how'd you take them so well in all these situations?
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
October 23 2007 20:24 GMT
#29
Nice pictures, nice writing style.

The guide is very helpful for newer players like me.

Thanks.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Zeller
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States1109 Posts
October 23 2007 21:12 GMT
#30
good post man , now we can all get owned by p mass countering
Last.Epic , Epic[LighT]
Wizard
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Poland5055 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-12-24 19:57:02
October 23 2007 22:38 GMT
#31
amazing guide!
sAviOr[gm] ~ want to watch good replays? read my blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/wizard
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-23 23:32:50
October 23 2007 23:28 GMT
#32
Wow. Amazing guide, truly. Probably one of the best if not the best I've ever read. I'd say "MORE PLZ" but you covered so much and it's so helpful... All I can say is

THANK YOU!!! <3

P.S.: Just as I was thinking to propose a screenshot to your "mines are a double edged sword" thing, you already had basically same one posted n_n. Nice. I will post mine here anyways <<.
+ Show Spoiler +

fanatacist vs Pressure

1 Goon that was micro'd out (the low health one), I have killed 1 Tank 1 Rine 2 Mines with these 4 Goons. I'm feeling awesome. Then I get the sinister plan for the last mine:

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]



Now I just can't wait until some Terran does something super pimp, like attack their own mine while it is coming towards them or something of that sort. Then it will become standard super micro, and then the game will revolutionize again n_n

If only >: ...


P.P.S.: If by helpful replays you mean Pro and amateur, I could give you the replay of this one... I did a pretty good job with 2 Gate Goon, moved out early with the 4 to stop his early push, owned it with some things you mentioned in the guide. Get back to me if you want it.
Peace~
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
October 24 2007 00:25 GMT
#33
i dont even play protoss (except for occasionally dabbling in PvP) but i read this entire thing solely because i loved the style and humor with which it was written. Very well done
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
YPang
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States4024 Posts
October 24 2007 02:24 GMT
#34
wow good job, great read with nice dashes of comedy which makes reading it even more exciting.
sMi.Gladstone | BW: B high| SC2: gold T_T
crescendo
Profile Joined April 2007
United States140 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-24 02:49:19
October 24 2007 02:47 GMT
#35
I thank everyone who read and all the helpful comments. A small replay pack is up. =)

Thank you Chill, BTW. When's your next Zerg commentary coming? =O

I don't know why so many people got sensitive about the Corsair issue, which was said partly in jest, anyway. Do I have to throw up an emoticon every single time I'm not being completely serious or something? o_O Anyways, Goon/Web is not the most effective strategy and my guide, as I stated in the Foreword, is mostly to help people that are getting used to the Terran matchup and to reiterate basics for the matchup. Are Corsairs useable? Absolutely. Are they the most practical? No. If the Terran was going Wraiths versus your Carrier force, well yeah obviously, throw in a few Corsairs. BluzMan also mentioned mass drops-- yep, Corsairs are not bad there too. But for the most part, if you're going Corsairs, it's late game and you're very likely in control of the game. Carriers should rape anything Terran has up and down, and if you've teched Carriers against a turtle Terran, I don't see how you could be having trouble because you should have map control by then. If you were going Goon/Web, I don't have enough experience to talk about it, but I don't see it as a very viable strategy at higher levels of competition or for those that aren't used to PvT. Safetoss first, creative strategies once you start raping.

I'm sorry if I missed stuff, but by all means, don't hesitate to talk about it here and help other Protoss players out with this matchup. Again, thanks to everyone for constructive criticism and compliments, it means a lot! =D
this mic is live
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
October 24 2007 02:56 GMT
#36
On October 24 2007 08:28 fanatacist wrote:
Wow. Amazing guide, truly. Probably one of the best if not the best I've ever read. I'd say "MORE PLZ" but you covered so much and it's so helpful... All I can say is

THANK YOU!!! <3

P.S.: Just as I was thinking to propose a screenshot to your "mines are a double edged sword" thing, you already had basically same one posted n_n. Nice. I will post mine here anyways <<.
+ Show Spoiler +

fanatacist vs Pressure

1 Goon that was micro'd out (the low health one), I have killed 1 Tank 1 Rine 2 Mines with these 4 Goons. I'm feeling awesome. Then I get the sinister plan for the last mine:

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]



Now I just can't wait until some Terran does something super pimp, like attack their own mine while it is coming towards them or something of that sort. Then it will become standard super micro, and then the game will revolutionize again n_n

If only >: ...


P.P.S.: If by helpful replays you mean Pro and amateur, I could give you the replay of this one... I did a pretty good job with 2 Gate Goon, moved out early with the 4 to stop his early push, owned it with some things you mentioned in the guide. Get back to me if you want it.


I feel bad for Pressure because you HAD to use his pictures hahaha
^-^
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
October 24 2007 02:56 GMT
#37
On October 23 2007 22:04 sd502 wrote:
Because our wonderful creatures - probes - say Meow. (Or something similar to that. To understand the "wonderful creatures" quote and "meow", you probably want to watch one of Nony's FPVODs.)

Excellent guide; you covered many aspects of the matchup, including a very vital part regarding how to react to what you scout. Thanks a bunch!


MEOW! <3

I get it now ^_^
^-^
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
October 24 2007 02:58 GMT
#38
On October 24 2007 11:47 crescendo wrote:
I thank everyone who read and all the helpful comments. A small replay pack is up. =)

Thank you Chill, BTW. When's your next Zerg commentary coming? =O

I don't know why so many people got sensitive about the Corsair issue, which was said partly in jest, anyway. Do I have to throw up an emoticon every single time I'm not being completely serious or something? o_O Anyways, Goon/Web is not the most effective strategy and my guide, as I stated in the Foreword, is mostly to help people that are getting used to the Terran matchup and to reiterate basics for the matchup. Are Corsairs useable? Absolutely. Are they the most practical? No. If the Terran was going Wraiths versus your Carrier force, well yeah obviously, throw in a few Corsairs. BluzMan also mentioned mass drops-- yep, Corsairs are not bad there too. But for the most part, if you're going Corsairs, it's late game and you're very likely in control of the game. Carriers should rape anything Terran has up and down, and if you've teched Carriers against a turtle Terran, I don't see how you could be having trouble because you should have map control by then. If you were going Goon/Web, I don't have enough experience to talk about it, but I don't see it as a very viable strategy at higher levels of competition or for those that aren't used to PvT. Safetoss first, creative strategies once you start raping.

I'm sorry if I missed stuff, but by all means, don't hesitate to talk about it here and help other Protoss players out with this matchup. Again, thanks to everyone for constructive criticism and compliments, it means a lot! =D


Haha good point there -_-

But next time make sure you put lots of ^_^ ^^;;; :O :D next time you put something sarcastic haha
^-^
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
October 24 2007 03:47 GMT
#39
fana
i dont even remember playing you

i lost that one though?
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
October 24 2007 03:57 GMT
#40
On October 24 2007 12:47 Pressure wrote:
fana
i dont even remember playing you

i lost that one though?


Well obviously.

He has 4 Dragoons, you apparently had nothing left, and the replay was almost done.
^-^
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 127
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 420
White-Ra 143
910 47
NaDa 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever288
NeuroSwarm155
Super Smash Bros
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8708
Liquid`Hasu1735
Trikslyr85
Other Games
summit1g8474
Liquid`RaSZi3176
shahzam551
JimRising 322
B2W.Neo175
C9.Mang0157
ArmadaUGS70
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream313
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur185
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 8m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.