• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:40
CEST 12:40
KST 19:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12489 users

Protoss imbalance has gone TOO FAR. - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-22 21:22:40
August 22 2008 21:22 GMT
#161
good god...

Moderator
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
August 22 2008 21:23 GMT
#162
For the slow:
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
Now I'm tired of losing to stupid D- Protosses on iCCup. I'm a level C Zerg, dammit.
This is getting friggin' ridiculous. People say that the races are balanced, but there's no way it
is even looked at properly by Blizzard. Once Corsairs get into groups above 8 or so, even
a hundred Scourge won't manage to take out one. That's just retarded. I mean, look at the
story. Zerg are the race that just totally take out all groups in terms of numbers, but
all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.
About 8000 Zerglings or Scourge have died in my game to Archons, Templars and Corsairs.
How is this even remotely balanced!?

On August 23 2008 02:30 Chill wrote:
My thoughts are pretty back and forth on this issue; I mean, although I usually have been joking all my
life, Protoss is no easier than the other races. I really do believe that with the final changes Brood War
got in 1.08, all races have the same potential and it comes down to player error. Remember how PvZ
flipped its imbalance after FE and Bisu build became standard? I think many strategies have really
turned the game around multiple times, as well as player execution. I think a really big
upside to this thread is that it's going to make people finally put their blame of maps and imbalance
down and focus on their own mistakes.

On August 23 2008 02:39 Gaetele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 02:31 Phoned wrote:
how are you C if you lose to D- protoss? Only play TvZ and ZvZ? I wouldn't say you are a full-fledged C if that's the case.

Now I don't think you're in a position to talk. What's your rank on iCCup?
I'd venture to guess no higher than D level. How would I get to C without facing P?
Like everyone on iCCup is P. You can't rise in the ranks without facing one. Don't jump
to conclusions like that. It doesn't have to do with my own skill - it just happens to
take no skill to properly play Protoss. I mean, not even an huge Ultraling army can take
a similarly sized Protoss army head on. We also have to manage larva, and it takes Protoss a
minute to completely remacro their army from their 50 Gateways (hi fOrU!)

Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 02:31 raiame wrote:
If he uses his tech you should use your tech.
Use mobility to your advantage. Harass him.

Just nerf Protoss and all their overpowered tech because all their players have to do is
sit at the keyboard and roll their face over the hotkeys to win. This just isn't
right. I've even seen a game where a Protoss managed to outexpand a Zerg!
There isn't even a logical explanation for that. What mobility?

On August 23 2008 02:59 Chill wrote:
I'll answer that, even though I don't play Protoss. There are certain ZvP timings you have to get used to;
tell yourself when you're going to be moving out or staying defensive. I think the problem might be that
you haven't gotten used to playing defensively at certain points and aggressively at others. I do think
how you do this basically shapes your success at ZvP. You can't mindlessly a-move units out (though
I often advocate that) because you'll get cut up by storms and cannons. During TSL this is how I
became a fairly decent ZvT player, and I think it's some advice that anyone can apply to the game. Yep
the main thing to remember here is to play defensively with Lurkers, treat your Scourge like they're a
Prince of Dubai, they are that important! Use the LurkerLing combination to defend; Scourge take care
of his Observers. The key is not to leave any part of your army isolated... I honestly do think that when
a Zerg army can flank it's the strongest army in the game, but I mean if you screw up and go noob
town on it and things come in piecemeal (spelling?) then that's obviously not going to work. It's just
called basic micro and tactics. -_- I think this should let you move to the late game, where Ultras can
bel enough to finish him with simple UltraLing. But remember you really cannot be a simple, mindless
air head with UltraLing in modern ZvP; use Defilers!
Administrator
SiegeTanksandBlueGoo
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
China685 Posts
August 22 2008 21:24 GMT
#163
You guys are so funny. ^___________^

xDDDDDDD.

GG, kiss and make up with everyone.
What does the scouter say about his macro level? It's Over 9000 minerals!
Kau *
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada3502 Posts
August 22 2008 21:28 GMT
#164
On August 23 2008 06:22 Chill wrote:
good god...


You tricked me T_T
Moderator
Carkling
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany169 Posts
August 22 2008 21:28 GMT
#165
lol awesome i got it now <.<
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
August 22 2008 21:30 GMT
#166
I'll never be able to read a forum post again without reading the first word of every line in order...
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
pinenamu
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States770 Posts
August 22 2008 21:31 GMT
#167
LOL! I sat here reading everything thinking this is an amusing thread and it turned out to be more amusing. Great job guys haha. I was wondering why it wasn't closing XD
Deimos0
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Poland277 Posts
August 22 2008 21:32 GMT
#168
This thread became so ridiculous that I can barely take it. I'm no exceptional protoss player and from my experience, a-move doesn't even work on low skilled zergs (I tried it many times against my friend, who hasn't won single game on bnet until he trained for a month and bumped into me) - zealots fall because of lurkers, dragoons are always massacred by zerglings and even whole squad of corsairs requires sick micro to pull of and not waste resources while being screwed by bunch of hydralisks or spore colonies. Not mentioning microing at the same time with shuttles and reavers - that's just sick and I don't even know how zerg can lose to a-moving protoss players while choosing ultraling - it's just unbelievable. Yes I suck, yes I don't have as much experience as assuming 3/4 of you here but hell, I tried a-moving and it just doesn't work.
protect me from what I want
Ki_Do
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)981 Posts
August 22 2008 21:32 GMT
#169
dont send 9 zillions of lings to attack a protoss with HT
I've got a point, and i'm ready to kill or die for it.
Phrogs!
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Japan521 Posts
August 22 2008 21:33 GMT
#170
Hahahaha.

I'm so glad I joined this forums. Could this quite possibly be the most epic thread in all of the internet hahahaha? All of the people taking it seriously! Looooooooooool

TY for the entertainment !
Cobalt
Profile Joined April 2008
United States441 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-22 21:36:37
August 22 2008 21:35 GMT
#171
-- edit: nvm --

You guys are great. Thank you so much for this thread.
pooper-scooper
Profile Joined May 2003
United States3108 Posts
August 22 2008 21:36 GMT
#172
wow... now I know why this thread wasn't closed.
Good...Bad... Im the guy with the gun
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 21:36 GMT
#173
On August 23 2008 06:32 Deimos0 wrote:
This thread became so ridiculous that I can barely take it. I'm no exceptional protoss player and from my experience, a-move doesn't even work on low skilled zergs (I tried it many times against my friend, who hasn't won single game on bnet until he trained for a month and bumped into me) - zealots fall because of lurkers, dragoons are always massacred by zerglings and even whole squad of corsairs requires sick micro to pull of and not waste resources while being screwed by bunch of hydralisks or spore colonies. Not mentioning microing at the same time with shuttles and reavers - that's just sick and I don't even know how zerg can lose to a-moving protoss players while choosing ultraling - it's just unbelievable. Yes I suck, yes I don't have as much experience as assuming 3/4 of you here but hell, I tried a-moving and it just doesn't work.


lolololol.

All the >100 posters are still nerd raging over the "topic".
RIP Aaliyah
Deimos0
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Poland277 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-22 21:39:58
August 22 2008 21:37 GMT
#174
What's the point of opening threads that are not serious? :| I mean, what's so funny in making this forum a trash can or something?
protect me from what I want
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
August 22 2008 21:40 GMT
#175
Geez, I am in absolute awe. Something was fishy with Chill keeping this thread open and before I knew it bam. Wow... just wow...
Trucy Wright is hot
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
August 22 2008 21:40 GMT
#176
On August 23 2008 02:28 Gaetele wrote:
...but all of the Protoss units have retarded AoE splash that just tears through my units one by one.


If that's the case, then maybe you need to work on getting a bigger army.

HO HO HO HO!
My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
August 22 2008 21:42 GMT
#177
Wow, I can't believe you guys went through all that work. You're my heroes. Would I have heard about this were I on irc?

And Dr. Helvetica, thanks for helping me hone my flaming skills.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4681 Posts
August 22 2008 21:44 GMT
#178
............ wtf...? LOL
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 22 2008 21:44 GMT
#179
It started on IRC but we kept it secret after the initial "Should we do this?" and did private IRC messages.

You can also notice some other staff were in on it:

On August 23 2008 02:42 Hot_Bid wrote:
lol it's always been ZvP imbalance except for Bisu and Free, i bet they chill with each other singing it's just the two of us, we can pvz if we try, just the two of us building corsairs in the sky

edit: will ignorant lower level SCplayers mock imbalance till hell?

answer: always

On August 23 2008 05:00 SonuvBob wrote:
With all the fighting in this thread, it's like the wild wild west. Must be the summertime heat.

On August 23 2008 04:12 SonuvBob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 03:43 Chill wrote:
Chillin' is what you should do, kid, because you're about to get banned for trolling.

Oh shit, here come the Men in Red, kicking it Big Chillie Style.


Moderator
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
August 22 2008 21:45 GMT
#180
For the record, I don't know the lyrics to that song, so fuck me, but I never would have figured it out.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings141
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 10746
FanTaSy 1378
Hyuk 811
Horang2 589
BeSt 499
Pusan 222
Stork 195
Killer 116
Mind 105
sorry 104
[ Show more ]
Zeus 103
Last 87
Hyun 62
ggaemo 51
PianO 50
Snow 42
EffOrt 41
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
Hm[arnc] 29
JYJ 20
Aegong 16
Sacsri 11
Noble 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe136
Counter-Strike
fl0m825
byalli648
x6flipin198
Other Games
gofns37785
singsing2430
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1172
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 20m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 20m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 20m
Replay Cast
12h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.