• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:32
CEST 19:32
KST 02:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8257 users

Protoss imbalance has gone TOO FAR. - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 26 Next All
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
August 22 2008 20:22 GMT
#121
lolllllllllllllllllllllllll
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
that's the only response this thread deserved.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
August 22 2008 20:25 GMT
#122
On August 23 2008 05:11 Ancestral wrote:No one else, including Zerg players, thinks ZvP is as hard as you do.


I know this isn't about me, but I'm 9-27 in ZvP on ICCUP this season (with more than 1 loss to D- protoss with sub-80 apm) and I'm approaching D+ despite such horrible ZvP performance, so I'm at least one zerg thinks the MU is pretty much impossible. 'Course, I suck. So that explains that.
alpskomleko
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Slovenia950 Posts
August 22 2008 20:31 GMT
#123
On August 23 2008 05:17 Gaetele wrote:
I can hit 1a2a3a too but I decide not to


That's that, then. Can't win by defending. /thread
players do games, press mens do their things. and fans do make good cheers.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
August 22 2008 20:32 GMT
#124
On August 23 2008 04:16 nemY wrote:
Wait

Why are you playing D- protoss players on iccup if you're a C rank Zerg user? Now that just don't make no sense!



Its combat-ex off racing.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-29 04:44:29
August 22 2008 20:33 GMT
#125
I think this is it. Now it's full out trolling. When this discussion originally began, to me at least, it sorta
looked like a potential to finally get the PvZ stigmas out in the open. Here we're now standing together,
at the apex of this glorious thread. And some of you are left wondering "How could Teamliquid close
my thread but this garbage is still open?." Well, the truth is Protoss is an easy race. For example,
Kingdom, is a garbage Protoss who got to the top with simple things a monkey could do.

I have let fly with the painful arrows of truth. If you can hit 1a2a3a4a5a6a you can play Protoss, but that
was inevitably going to come out. But it feels good, to be done with this thread, and we reach the end;
finally, you will be turned onto what thine eyes hath missed. Open this thread in Mozilla Firefox, and
there before you, at the first of every new line, shall appear a glorious mesasge.
Moderator
Gaetele
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Esper760 Posts
August 22 2008 20:33 GMT
#126
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.
aka Ghostclaws
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 22 2008 20:33 GMT
#127
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.
Moderator
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-22 20:39:11
August 22 2008 20:37 GMT
#128
D-C Zergs on iccup are really butt crazy awful. I went 7-1 TvZ, and 6-1 ZvZ. I don't know what it is. I'm about even stats ZvP and ZvT, it's like nobody else at that level knows how to play Zerg.

What it comes down to, if you feel like you're getting overwhelmed as a Zerg, your macro isn't up to par. Lots of Zergs get too comfortable knowing they can hatch 3 larvae at a time with no repercussions, but the fact is there are repercussions, because the longer you take to make those drones, the longer they aren't mining. Zergs also don't have the benefit of pretending the can just follow a staple army they see in progames... You have to constantly be building the right units for the right counters, and be flanking properly or else your numbers advantage becomes meaningless.

EDIT: Oh, I guess this thread was declared dead while I was making my post..
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
August 22 2008 20:38 GMT
#129
Gaetele want tissues?
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4683 Posts
August 22 2008 20:38 GMT
#130
On August 23 2008 05:17 Gaetele wrote:
I think you guys have lost the point of this thread - the balance. The point of conversation has been pulled far too thin among all the flame wars, especially to me. I don't know what you posters are getting up to, but I will stand firm on my stance. Protoss imba, nerf plz.

To many others, it may seem like I'm trolling, but I assure you, I'm dead serious. This stupid race is the one thing that has gotten me truly angry about this game. I have played your pubs. I have played in house games as well, clan wars etc. I'm not horrible, but you guys think I am without warrant.

About 80% of you think I'm totally retarded, and all I have to say is **** you. Go run around with your seven million HP Zealots or whatever because you're all stupid Protoss scum. You're probably gaming or masturbating while posting because your race is just that damn easy. "Durf hurr, build the Pylon at 8, make Gateway, win hurf durr." Good job. You hit one of the 5 buttons on the keyboard that aren't 'a' and you must feel so accomplished about yourself.

I don't see how some of you people are so blind. Maybe you're just fine with not having any skill. You're yelled at by your parents and friends and you don't care because you like how easy you have it. Have to have it the easy way, don't you? I can hit 1a2a3a too but I decide not to because I want a challenge.

The upbringing you must have had is great too. Probably rich and spoiled just like the Protoss are. Cabbie to drive you home and back from school or whatever, nose turned up in the air. People scream "Yo! You dropped your watch!" but it's ok, you can just buy a new one.

Home's probably a great place too. You don't have any chores or anything - your maid's got that. If the smell in your house isn't perfect then you can just find a new one, right?

You Protoss players and blind non-Protoss players are retarded and disgust me. When SC2 comes later and you all lose like I do, you'll come whining to me and I'll just flip you off.


What does that post have to do anything about balance? You are without a doubt one of the biggest trolls I've ever seen. I probably shouldn't even post this reply, you'll just use it to troll me. However, I'm done with this thread after this post, even though I assume this thread is nearing its end.

Anyways, you deny us a replay at your play, but apparently you are good enough to not need help, since you a godly clanwar player. Realistically, you can still improve yourself. No need to change balance of the game when you can learn your shortcomings, and (more than likely) the improvements can help your game in the other two matchups! Wow, we are improving three-fold by improving our worst matchup. If you are truly serious about "balancing" PvZ, than try to actually see how you lose games. If it's truly that your 20000 scourge die to 8 corsairs, than spread your scourge out. You say that you don't want to just 1a2a3a, but it appears that's what you are doing to allow the Protoss to use their "uber-leet AoE attacks" to decimate your armies. You do realize that flanking is a key property for Zergs to use in PvZ?

Who knows, maybe you are trying to stop their tech the wrong way. Just post a replay in the strategy forum and maybe somebody will help you. Then you will be a better player instead of a bitchy player. Trust me, the first may be harder to achieve, but everyone despises bitchy players and you will actually have a personal sense of worth for achieving a winning record against Protoss players.

Of course, all of this is probably lost on you and your wants to start a flame war so you can troll. I hope that you are being genuine in your want to actually hold an edge on Protoss players; however, I believe you are flawed in your way of trying to accomplish this edge. You want units removed; the general consensus is that you should attempt to improve through strategy and asking for help.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
August 22 2008 20:38 GMT
#131
Gaetele:

Have you ever considered that maybe... JUST MAYBE, that your ZvP is very weak? Everyone has their weaknesses. We have tons and tons of people - D players, D off racers, C off racers - alike say that they don't lose ZvP to D- players, yet you insist that just because you lose to them its imbalance.

Hey I'm 70% at PvZ and 40% at PvT, PvT must be impossibly imbalance towards T's favour because my record says so
Trucy Wright is hot
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 20:38 GMT
#132
[image loading]


loltrolled
RIP Aaliyah
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
August 22 2008 20:39 GMT
#133
ahahahaahahahhhahahaha
well done sirs
Moderatorsloppy little slug
Kletus
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada580 Posts
August 22 2008 20:42 GMT
#134
On August 23 2008 05:38 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
[image loading]


loltrolled


ITS LIKE IM REALLY A NEWFAG IN 4CHAN /v/!!!
Your resistance only serves to make my carapace harder.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 20:42 GMT
#135
On August 23 2008 05:42 Kletus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2008 05:38 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
[image loading]


loltrolled


ITS LIKE IM REALLY A NEWFAG IN 4CHAN /v/!!!


OMG REALLY?!?!?!
RIP Aaliyah
KlaCkoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1661 Posts
August 22 2008 20:42 GMT
#136
Hahaha @ OP Your funny
But I have never understood this talk about toss beeing so easy, I mean I am a C zerg and my zvp style is like... spend 100 apm macroing, spend the rest (30) attack moving. Once you start attack moving ultraling armies = win.
Ez?
On a more serious note, I think most people have good and bad matchups, has nothing to do with imbalance. I am way better zvp than zvt, you are way better zvt than zvp, everybody is different ~~
"Voice or no voice the people can always be brought to the bidding of their leaders ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 20:43 GMT
#137
On August 23 2008 05:42 KlaCkoN wrote:
Hahaha @ OP Your funny
But I have never understood this talk about toss beeing so easy, I mean I am a C zerg and my zvp style is like... spend 100 apm macroing, spend the rest (30) attack moving. Once you start attack moving ultraling armies = win.
Ez?
On a more serious note, I think most people have good and bad matchups, has nothing to do with imbalance. I am way better zvp than zvt, you are way better zvt than zvp, everybody is different ~~

lol
RIP Aaliyah
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 22 2008 20:44 GMT
#138
Open this thread in Mozilla Firefox, and there before you, at the first of every new line, shall appear a glorious mesasge.
Moderator
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
August 22 2008 20:44 GMT
#139
Btw I am starting to really hope this is a joke thread. I just read OP saying high templars and corsairs should be removed. what teh fuck
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
August 22 2008 20:45 GMT
#140
On August 23 2008 05:44 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
Open this thread in Mozilla Firefox, and there before you, at the first of every new line, shall appear a glorious mesasge.



Opera is fine too.
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2448
RotterdaM787
TaKeTV 290
IndyStarCraft 162
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 317
IndyStarCraft 162
MaxPax 120
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 57
MindelVK 14
RuFF_SC2 1
TKL 0
ZombieGrub0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3455
Shuttle 838
Mini 469
EffOrt 402
Rush 177
Dewaltoss 141
Mind 96
Shinee 78
910 75
Zeus 70
[ Show more ]
hero 59
HiyA 55
Bale 26
sorry 24
JYJ 22
ToSsGirL 19
Sexy 14
zelot 8
Sacsri 7
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5711
qojqva2936
Counter-Strike
fl0m4935
pashabiceps838
Fnx 721
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2377
Other Games
singsing2191
ceh9684
Beastyqt625
Hui .205
XaKoH 132
mouzStarbuck122
Trikslyr78
QueenE60
C9.Mang032
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• Hinosc 0
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie398
• Shiphtur276
• WagamamaTV126
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.