• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:19
CEST 04:19
KST 11:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8970 users

Tandem StarCraft - Page 8

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 19 Next All
skronch
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2717 Posts
October 05 2009 19:06 GMT
#141
this sounds so sick, i need to find some people to play it with me
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
October 05 2009 19:18 GMT
#142
On October 06 2009 03:37 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Why not just give each player all the upgrades of the other races at the start of the game? That doesn't seem like it would cause any major problems.


Well, one thing I could see is the one receiving new units could have upgraded units before the one that actually built it. For instance, I build +1 speedlings that get killed, now my allies opponent is fighting +3/+3 cracklings.

Chef's idea sounds good, though time consuming. It spaces out the techs and the other players actually have to invest in it (but without requiring the space, time, and resources to build 2-3 separate bases.)
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6539 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-05 20:13:13
October 05 2009 20:10 GMT
#143
The curious situation with the early game civilian micro is that everybody can block everyone else's buildings really easily. The civilian can delay Zerg expos, Terran walls, and Protoss simcities. This isn't a complaint, but an observation - I actually think it's really cool. I thought it was worth nothing anyway in case someone does find justifiable issue with it.

On the upgrade situation again: I don't agree with Chef's idea about invincible upgrade buildings being placed somewhere on the map to allow the player to research tech without actually developing his ally's enemy's tech proper. I think this severely interferes with the low money melee style of the map. It gives an advantage to people who are developing the tech of two races (or three via mind control) by giving them access to all the tech at no cost in resources or time. Frankly, I think this will hurt the map.

The holy grail solution will be one that ensures players can naturally develop the tech of their off-races while preserving the upgrades of the units acquired by the tandem mechanic. In order for upgrades to be carried over with unit transfer, there would have to be some kind of intermediary unit queue in the center of the map. When Chill loses a crackling, the map will immediately recreate a zergling for him in the unit queue. Because it was created for Chill, it will be a crackling because Chill has those upgrades (I'm not a mapmaker, but this part has to be correct in order for this solution to work). Then, control of the unit is transferred to Chill's ally's enemy and the unit is moved to spawn at his civilian, preserving all the upgrades...? Would this be a functional solution, and is it viable?
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Ian Ian Ian
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
915 Posts
October 05 2009 20:42 GMT
#144
Upgrades like speed/range MIGHT stay but +1's don't.

i know that if a cpu unit has for exmaple rines with no range, but then a player that has rine range leaves and the cpu ggets their rines, all cpu rines will now have rine range
jonnyp
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States415 Posts
October 05 2009 20:43 GMT
#145
is there no easy way to keep track of your ally's opponent's tech tree, so whenever they research a tech you automatically receive it and vice versa?
The number of years it takes for the Internet to move past anything is way, way over 9000.
cakemanofdoom
Profile Joined September 2009
336 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-05 22:29:56
October 05 2009 22:29 GMT
#146
What's wrong with forcing people to redevelop another race's tech? Considering how economic harassment is so important, getting grunts far before upgrades make a huge difference should be easy. Besides, they are basically free units, so they don't have to be super-powerful. Un-upgraded units still have their uses, anyways.
On October 06 2009 05:43 jonnyp wrote:
is there no easy way to keep track of your ally's opponent's tech tree, so whenever they research a tech you automatically receive it and vice versa?

No. There is also no way to use triggers to give someone upgrades.
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-05 23:08:49
October 05 2009 23:02 GMT
#147
lol...

I can easily give players the /exact/ same researches/upgrades as the unit that the player killed

It's not really that difficult but it will take some time that I don't have right now [unless someone is willing to teach me my math because I have a quiz tomorrow]

I'll work on it when I have time
TL+ Member
mrmin123 *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Korea (South)2971 Posts
October 05 2009 23:26 GMT
#148
Doesn't the Dark Archon's mind control ability give you upgrades? If so, maybe you can have the receiving player have a DA and the enemy unit spawn somewhere in some corner, and have the DA automatically mind control it. And maybe make transferred units go to a Rescuable player so if the receiving player's partner's opponent is the same race as he is, they don't get the upgrades automatically (enemy has +1 weapons, you're at +0, but you mind control so all your guys all of a sudden have +1). That would make it easy to see what units were transferred or built by someone.
Translator태양은 묘지위에 붉게 떠오르고 / 한낮에 찌는 더위는 나의 시련 일찌라!
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-05 23:43:00
October 05 2009 23:41 GMT
#149
Mmmm my method is close, but not the same

Fixed some Protoss units...

Fixed a few glitches... [Including the one about the civilian dying penalty not working]

Any other features you guys want?

I will probably not work on it for the rest of today since I do have my quiz, but expect it soon

And also, I'm only working on this because I think it's hilarious how excited Chill is for this game

And it's awesome how close the mods are to the community
TL+ Member
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 00:03:37
October 06 2009 00:01 GMT
#150
On October 06 2009 01:57 Chef wrote:
You could conceivably make it so that whenever your ally's enemy builds a tech building, an invincible version of it appears for you somewhere out of the way in the middle of the map, that you can purchase the upgrade from without spending time building up the race from a stolen peon. It'd be pretty much the same triggers were using now but with a special location for each building, and not preserved.

To get an idea of the work that would mean for whoever is interested, that's 1 trigger for every tech building for every race for every player... Not forgetting a pylon to power the protoss ones (which is kind of an unfair extra supply if you choose protoss as your race).

just place one tech building for each race in the middle of the map. Then delete all the ones of the persons actual race (So Z is left with only P and T buildings, for example). Seems easy enough, just 12 triggers.

I think you should have to spend money on the upgrades because turtling is too powerful otherwise.
Moderator
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
October 06 2009 00:18 GMT
#151
I just made a location in the middle where the units spawn at first

The units that spawn are for the same player that lost the unit [Player 3's dead unit will appear there as player 3's] so the upgrades will be perserved

Then triggers give the unit over to the player that will get it and teleport it over

The upgrades and research should be preserved that way
TL+ Member
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
October 06 2009 00:20 GMT
#152
ok that works too
Moderator
Darth_Ihsahn
Profile Joined June 2007
Mexico138 Posts
October 06 2009 01:43 GMT
#153
Is it possible to make those triggers user selectable? I really think the player should control when to use the received units.
What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
October 06 2009 01:46 GMT
#154
I don't. I don't at all.
Moderator
leomon
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada169 Posts
October 06 2009 01:49 GMT
#155
Wow, this sounds so sick, i wanna try it out w/ a friend.
Radians
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 02:06:23
October 06 2009 01:59 GMT
#156
Yes it is possible for it to be user selectable

I can implement it in later versions, but not the one I'm working on now

I better not fail my math quiz

I am going to need testers in around 10 minutes

Anyone free?
TL+ Member
Darth_Ihsahn
Profile Joined June 2007
Mexico138 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 02:10:47
October 06 2009 02:09 GMT
#157
I'm at work now. I may be able to sneak a game or two in 1 hour.
What does not kill you makes you stronger.
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6539 Posts
October 06 2009 02:10 GMT
#158
On October 06 2009 10:59 frogmelter wrote:
Yes it is possible for it to be user selectable

I can implement it in later versions, but not the one I'm working on now

I better not fail my math quiz

I am going to need testers in around 10 minutes

Anyone free?


I am free for testing
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Darth_Ihsahn
Profile Joined June 2007
Mexico138 Posts
October 06 2009 02:16 GMT
#159
On October 06 2009 10:46 Chill wrote:
I don't. I don't at all.


Mind explaining why you disagree? You are not forced to use every received piece in bughouse chess, you chose when to do it.
What does not kill you makes you stronger.
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-06 02:38:06
October 06 2009 02:22 GMT
#160
He is saying he doesn't know how to implement it, not that he disagrees

Anyways, I am done with the modifcations

I have one tester... I need two more

Fixed MC glitch
Added research transfer
Added Upgrades transfer
Added color to names
Added Panda Bear Guy critter

Be back in 30-40 minutes
If we have enough testers then, I'll host it
TL+ Member
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 412
NaDa 40
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm212
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9827
JimRising 695
WinterStarcraft194
ViBE168
Mew2King89
Trikslyr46
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1439
BasetradeTV229
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream116
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 41m
INu's Battles
9h 41m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 41m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 41m
Replay Cast
20h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.