• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:44
CEST 02:44
KST 09:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10205 users

Season 7 Lock

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
sLBoGoRoH
Profile Joined January 2012
Netherlands126 Posts
May 31 2012 00:44 GMT
#1
Season 7 is drawing to a close, and that means that all ladders will be locked soon.

What does this mean for you? During the Season 7 lock, you can no longer be promoted or demoted out of your current league or division, and your bonus pool will stop growing. Once locked to a league and division, you'll still be able to play out your remaining bonus pool and compete for standing within your division until the end of the season, so it's a great time to have some fun and perhaps push for a better milestone. If you're after a league promotion, then you still have a little time left! The Season 7 lock will go into effect on Tuesday, June 5 at 5:30 a.m. PDT.

Please note that the hidden ratings used to determine promotions and demotions will continue to update during the Season 7 lock and be used for matchmaking purposes. This means that if you play significantly better or worse than your assigned league at the time of the lock, your league may change when Season 8 begins and after you play your first placement match. If you go on a winning streak during the lock, for example, you may end up being promoted next season. On the other hand, if you happen to lose a lot more than usual, then you could be demoted. The important thing to keep in mind is that your games during the lock still count.



Season 8 Start Date

The Season 7 lock also means that Season 8 is right around the corner. During the week of June 11, Season 7 will end and Season 8 will begin. Season milestone rewards will be locked in at this time, and bonus pools will reset. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so if you've completed placement matches in a previous season you will only need to play one new placement match after Season 8 starts.



Link:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/6176106/Season_7_Lock_Incoming-5_30_2012#blog
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
May 31 2012 00:46 GMT
#2
I always look forward to these, even if I have stopped laddering for the most part.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 31 2012 00:47 GMT
#3
No map changes, poop :x
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
PolskaGora
Profile Joined May 2011
United States547 Posts
May 31 2012 00:49 GMT
#4
Finally, I took a break from SC2 for Diablo, now I'm too afraid to go back to ladder since I fear demotion due to detremented skills. At least now I can go back to practicing normally.
Tracking treasure down
SunTurtle
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
156 Posts
May 31 2012 00:53 GMT
#5
Finally :D

I skipped this season to reset MMR just for fun, can't wait for the next season :D
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
May 31 2012 00:56 GMT
#6
Hmm, wow, is it really that time already?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
MicroTastiC
Profile Joined January 2011
375 Posts
May 31 2012 00:58 GMT
#7
every month is a new season!
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 01:00:13
May 31 2012 00:59 GMT
#8
Yay, means that the new season is out when I get home from holiday. Means my NA MMR has reset so I can use that account to trash around on while I get back into shape without having my EU MMR go to shit.

On May 31 2012 09:47 Torte de Lini wrote:
No map changes, poop :x

In the past they didn't announce map changes at this blog post either so there's still hope to see Metalopolis (most likely considering the last poll) removed. Source for what I said.

On May 31 2012 09:58 MicroTastiC wrote:
every month is a new season!

2 Months actually. I would prefer 3Month seasons but currently it is quite convenient for me.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 31 2012 01:06 GMT
#9
I think a lot of people will come back for this season actually. Nice time to start again after the whole Diablo3 buisness.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
May 31 2012 01:07 GMT
#10
But i just started playing again
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
FrankDaGreat
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada31 Posts
May 31 2012 01:09 GMT
#11
Yeah season lock for may 5th! ( i guess someone made a mistake ! )

[image loading]
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” ― Albert Einstein
IMLyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada714 Posts
May 31 2012 01:16 GMT
#12
IMO Metalopolis is one of the best maps created by Blizzard, It's been with us forever I don't want it to leave. I don't really get why people are hating on it so much. [Mid Master Zerg and High Dia Random]
I'ma show you how great I am ~ Muhammed Ali
Zombo Joe
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada850 Posts
May 31 2012 01:18 GMT
#13
Its because its overpowered for zerg.
I am Terranfying.
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
May 31 2012 01:22 GMT
#14
On May 31 2012 10:18 Zombo Joe wrote:
Its because its overpowered for zerg.


This. And I'm a masters zerg myself haha. The map is very strong for zerg. I do like =)
The Notorious Winkles
AKomrade
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States582 Posts
May 31 2012 01:27 GMT
#15
IF BLIZZARD DOES NOT REMOVE THE FOLLOWING MAPS, I WILL TAKE DRASTIC MEASURES*:

Metalopolis

SO THERE.

*(does not include violence, protesting or angry letters)

But seriously, at least reintroducing Metropolis or subbing out another map for it would be fantastic. All I get are Daybreak, Antiga and Ohana.
ALL HAIL THE KING IN THE NORTH! HAIL! HAIL!
Ksquared
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1748 Posts
May 31 2012 01:28 GMT
#16
Maybe I should work down my bonus pool before the new season...
eSports for life.
Zariel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1312 Posts
May 31 2012 01:36 GMT
#17
Introduce all spawn positions for metalopolis and you shall have balance on that map once again.

I honestly don't see why it is a problem as a diamond protoss. I didn't feel that it was imbalanced when I played against terrans, zergs or mirrors.
sup
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
May 31 2012 01:45 GMT
#18
Blizzard stated when they removed Metropolis from ladder that we'd see it again on ladder. I'll guess that that'll be the next season already.

I'm a lot more interested to know the replacement for (most likely) Metalopolis, assuming they keep the map pool at 10 maps.

When looking at possible news maps there are no real obvious picks. There are currently no maps around that are commonly used in all of the major tournaments that haven´t been on ladder. The closest thing to that would be Atlantis Spaceship but I´m afraid what they'd do to that map in order to make it fit on ladder. Other possible picks would be Whirlwind, Muspelheim, Frigid Pass or Vicious and out of those I like Muspelheim the most.

Biggest problem with those last 4 maps would be that the gamecount on those games is simply too low.

I would be surprised (and pissed) if they would actually put Bel'Shir on the ladder. The map is being phased out for a reason: it's terrible.
Brotatolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1742 Posts
May 31 2012 01:46 GMT
#19
I've had so little time to actually play this season... I'm currently at ~500 bonus pool. Guess I'll have to try to burn through that during the lock.
psychotics
Profile Joined July 2011
United States184 Posts
May 31 2012 01:52 GMT
#20
On May 31 2012 10:36 Zariel wrote:
Introduce all spawn positions for metalopolis and you shall have balance on that map once again.

I honestly don't see why it is a problem as a diamond protoss. I didn't feel that it was imbalanced when I played against terrans, zergs or mirrors.


please please please tell me this is a joke? close spawns are the most broken and imbalanced spawns u can get. id rather play steps of war then close spawns metal....
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE149
ProTech134
SpeCial 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14193
Artosis 581
PianO 43
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
canceldota138
League of Legends
Doublelift4146
Counter-Strike
taco 105
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox227
AZ_Axe115
Other Games
summit1g5645
shahzam608
Day[9].tv593
C9.Mang0350
Maynarde160
Trikslyr70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP50
• StrangeGG 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv593
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 16m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.