• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9094 users

Season 7 Lock - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Virtuous
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States111 Posts
May 31 2012 05:38 GMT
#41
On May 31 2012 14:34 Hadley_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 10:16 Mutality wrote:
IMO Metalopolis is one of the best maps created by Blizzard, It's been with us forever I don't want it to leave. I don't really get why people are hating on it so much. [Mid Master Zerg and High Dia Random]


Really funny Mr. Zerg... its the most zerg-favored map in the history of SC2...


Proof? I say Dual Sight is... but there is not enough time to worry about which map is imbalanced when I'm not the best player in the world
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
May 31 2012 05:39 GMT
#42
On May 31 2012 12:06 HyperionDreamer wrote:
Time to try to get GM before next season.

I doubt it though...... Too many QuanticFlo's populating it right now.


I got demoted yesterday after a loss to a QuanticFlo Y_Y

Whyy floo???

windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
May 31 2012 05:39 GMT
#43
Already? Wow Diablo really ate a lot of my gaming time it seems. Didn't even get to play 1 game

Meh as far as Blizzard maps go I liked XelNaga caverns more than Metalopolis. Map makers forgot to add secret hallways on their maps :\

"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
May 31 2012 05:40 GMT
#44
jesus how can anyone say that metalopolis is balanced?
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
-JoKeR-
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada387 Posts
May 31 2012 05:48 GMT
#45
Well shit diablo took a lot of my time
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
May 31 2012 05:57 GMT
#46
are there really people that still think metalopolis is a good map? it's a terrible map, and i've been saying it since beta. The only reason it was played because it was by far the best map out of the absolutely atrocious ladder map pool back then. Now you have decent and even good maps in ladder. There's no reason to have metalopolis.
blabberrrrr
phiinix
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1169 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 05:58:30
May 31 2012 05:57 GMT
#47
Time to unleash the smurfs?

Really liking the shorter seasons, I felt like ladder lock was on it's way sometime soon..
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
May 31 2012 06:01 GMT
#48
Damn, I still wish seasons were a little bit longer -_- oh well hopefully we can get some more maps and finally get rid of some of the really really old and bad ones.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Hypemeup
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden2783 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 06:04:58
May 31 2012 06:04 GMT
#49
On May 31 2012 14:40 Gamegene wrote:
jesus how can anyone say that metalopolis is balanced?


My guess is that they play a race that has Z in the name.

Fucking pumped for this season. Yeah! :D
Shartugal
Profile Joined September 2011
Denmark134 Posts
May 31 2012 06:05 GMT
#50
Oh yeah! I always get so pumped whenever a new season hits! Time to play like a madman when season 8 hits, a new season means a new barrier to lift and hit.
Hot_Bid:" What are your longterm plans?" Seiplo:"Money, fame and bitches"
EienShinwa
Profile Joined May 2010
United States655 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 06:06:14
May 31 2012 06:05 GMT
#51
On May 31 2012 14:12 -stOpSKY- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 10:55 EienShinwa wrote:
With the recent news of maphackers being so prevalent and running amock, dunno. I was going to go crazy and try to get GM next season(or dying trying ), but I might skip it due to these recent news.


Why would you not play because of such a silly reason? There always has been and always will be maphackers and cheaters. You deal with it the best you can and keep playing.

That's not the only reason, lol. I tried massing games last season and I got fed up with playing TvP, steamrolled by 5 colossi, 30 zealots, and 10 stalkers every game. Getting matched countless TvPs only to lose to most of them from either 200/200 engagements or all-ins, it's just not fun playing against that. I may be approaching TvP in the wrong way, but I feel extremely frustrated when I lose in TvP. The unforgiving nature for Terrans in TvP is just too much for me. TvZ has been becoming like that so, unless I mech.
TL;DR The matchup just straight up pisses me off and frustrates me, so I don't bother playing SCII much anymore. That topped with the fact that maphacking is so easy where you can get it from the first page of google search, and I lost a lot of my motivation to playing.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Hadley_
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany157 Posts
May 31 2012 06:10 GMT
#52
This season I finally was able to keep my Bonuspool at 0 nearly all the time. This was probably the first season since season2, were I played more than 100games. I'm now top3 in my division since start of the season and never managed to get promoted, even with 10 game winstreaks against players one league above me, so with the new season my promotion should be definitiv.
MMDollar
Profile Joined May 2011
Bulgaria39 Posts
May 31 2012 06:14 GMT
#53
I hope to see Metropolis here once again with frame issues fixed and also that new Atlantis Spaceship or some new maps.
no money no pain no game
Amlitzer
Profile Joined August 2010
United States471 Posts
May 31 2012 06:15 GMT
#54
Is Metropolis returning with season 8?
"Not even justice, I want to get truth!"
iTzSnypah
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1738 Posts
May 31 2012 06:21 GMT
#55
I don't like these short seasons. AT ALL. I feel like I didn't have enough time to get better (subjective not analytical) .
Team Liquid needs more Terrans.
frontline-
Profile Joined March 2012
Bulgaria281 Posts
May 31 2012 06:40 GMT
#56
New season and no changes on the mappool ...

Everyone is fed up with maps like Metalopolis (except Zergs), Shakuras and TDA. I guess I'm gonna veto the 3 of them until they remove them.
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
May 31 2012 07:18 GMT
#57
On May 31 2012 15:40 OutOfMyMind_pro wrote:
New season and no changes on the mappool ...

Everyone is fed up with maps like Metalopolis (except Zergs), Shakuras and TDA. I guess I'm gonna veto the 3 of them until they remove them.

What makes you think there will be no changes to the map pool? The season lock article has never said something about the map pool; the map pool article allways came later. At the last season there was a day between them.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
May 31 2012 07:29 GMT
#58
They should remove TDA and get GSL_Whirlwind. I like that map.
I had a good night of sleep.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10383 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 07:53:56
May 31 2012 07:53 GMT
#59
Lol dammit seems i've gotten worse (relatively)

i was about 750-800 last season but now i'm only ~650 ;_; (once ladder locks i should be around 700 i guess)
even though I've been playing more o.o
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
wwowz
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada156 Posts
May 31 2012 08:16 GMT
#60
I got demoted to plat a couple of days ago. It doesn't feel bad at all! I was surprised but owell that's my ell what can i do eh?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 291
Mind 64
Bale 25
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
JimRising 694
Other Games
summit1g7332
Coldzera 701
WinterStarcraft583
C9.Mang0285
Sick172
febbydoto18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick729
BasetradeTV166
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2105
League of Legends
• Rush1001
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 45m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.