• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:41
CEST 15:41
KST 22:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8777 users

[Learn 5HIT] Replay Analysis Thread - Page 7

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-27 08:43:54
August 27 2013 08:43 GMT
#121
On August 26 2013 19:12 Simberto wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +


Ok, since noone else has looked at it so far, i'll give you my feedback. I am a mid plat support, so take anything i say in that context, someone who is better then me might tell you different things that are more important.

The fuck is going on in this game. Why are you laning against a vayne that started ruby crystal? And why are you not punching her face in? Generally speaking, you are a bit too passive. You NEVER shoot at the enemy unless you absolutely have to. You take a lot of free harass because you allow vayne to hit you without hitting her back for no apparent reason. You shouldn't have anything to fear in that lane, especially considering vayne starting with a fucking ruby crystal. Just punch her. And dont stop punching her. You got sustain from dorans, she doesn't. Either Nami's sustain is worthless, or she is worthless in fights. That Nami decided to go for W max, telling you that she is a moron and will be about as useful as a caster minion in a fight as long as you dodge her bubble with E.

Don't let them build up a creepwave. Generally speaking, in botlane you want to push at lvl 1 to get lvl 2 first. Afterwards it is not that important, just don't let the enemy have 10 minions. Use your e to dodge bubbles, and you should win everything.

Also, as you said, your lasthitting is bad. You need to work on that. Try to avoid using your abilities to lasthit. Use them only for these three purposes : Pushing the lane(clearing waves), harassing the enemy, or in fights.

If you are pushed back to your tower like at ~4:30, shout at your support to ward that bush. (Unless they have a pink in it, in which case you are kinda fucked)

Nami doesn't even put points into her E, what is wrong with her.

I am pretty sure you should be maxing Q over W.

Don't get hit by bubbles under turret like at ~7:50, that turned a very good trade into a very bad one and nearly killed you. And was absolutely unnecessary.

I still don't know what vayne is planning to do with that ruby crystal. Your supports warding sucks. Also, tell her to allin their face at 6, there is absolutely no reason you are not doing that. You can do stuff like that while running to lane from base, something along the lines of "We got way stronger 6 then they do, and that nami is fucking retarded, try to go for fights whenever possible" Also, once again. Don't get hit by bubbles. You got your E. If you can't dodge them otherwise, save your E for that. That is the single most important thing in any fight. If you don't get hit by bubble, you destroy them.

You react pretty slowly when Leona starts fights, wasting a lot of opportunities like at ~13:30. And you are generally too far back. Try to stay on a line with your support, not half a screen behind him.

Even while being ganked, try to orbwalk backward (move-shoot-move-shoot). This allows you to make the whole thing dangerous for them, and can even turn a gank around. If you just runrunrun, there is never any danger for them, and they can often dive you easily.

Tell Leona to use her wardstone, in a friendly way.

In fights, shoot stuff. Look at ~19:08 for example. You spend 5 seconds in range of enemies just walking back and forth because you can't decide what to do.

If your team starts a stupid 3v5 fight like ~20:40, don't get involved. Just walk away. Don't fight vayne with your back to the wall either. Generally speaking, don't fight vayne 1v1 when her whole team is standing next to her, and you are 3v5. Just don't fight 3v5. Ping retreat and walk away. Opposite thing in 5v5s. Your whole team just ran away and got slaughtered in both fights, and i don't even see why you would do that. You hang around mid, and then you get engaged upon and die. But that is not something you alone could remedy. I can't see your team chat, but i assume it wasn't pretty.

The main point you could improve is your laning. You should have absolutely crushed that vayne nami lane, but you didn't, because you were too passive and had some irrational fear of fighting them when you were dorans lucian + leona vs RUBY CRYSTAL vayne and W max nami. Destroy them. You don't even need a support for that. Just shoot them. And continue shooting. Don't let them build a wave. Don't get hit by bubbles. If you are far ahead consider freezing the lane, if you have good long ranged harass or notice the enemy sucks at lasthitting under turret, push hard. If you have neither, try to equalize the lane in the middle and just fight them whenever they want to lasthit.



So I should have been more aggressive with seeing the Ruby Crystal start, and in general just make my presence felt in lane.

In terms of my last hitting, it varies wildly and is something I'm trying to constantly work on, but my current target goals of CS is 70 by minute 10, 100 by minute 13, and 150 by minute 20.

In terms of slow reaction time I think that's more-so to do with either getting flustered or camera placement; I often let my camera free roam and don't lock it onto my champion, though I'm trying to get better with it and lock onto myself during a fight so I can see easily.

And as for Lucian I'm still trying to learn how his skill maxing goes; my thought was to max W first then Q because of the movement speed bonus I get whenever I fire off my W and AA a marked target, so I could either chase or run away easier. But it might just be that maxing Q is better for him, or it's a situational thing that I will need to decide upon when I figure out who I'm laning against, and how they've bought their items.

Thanks for the detailed write up and opinions.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12026 Posts
August 27 2013 10:23 GMT
#122
That is not exclusive to the Ruby crystal (but that one should prompt you to be even more aggressive. A Ruby start is basically the same as starting with one single pot, and nothing else).

The way your lane went most of the time was that you hung back to CS, vayne moved up, shot you once or twice, you ran backwards, trade end. However, you are Lucian, she is vayne. You got a Leona, she got a nami maxing W. This means that you win any allin (as long as you don't get hit by bubble). Hard. So if she shoots you, shoot back until she runs away crying. And if she does not shoot you, shoot her when she wants to CS. I think the basic combo with Lucian is something like AA-Q-doubleAA.

Free camera is better then locked, i think pretty much anyone agrees with that. Just place it in a way that you see everything interesting that is going on in lane.

You gain the speed boost from W as long as you put a single point into it, and Q should be a lot easier to hit and has a lower CD, while gaining the same 40 points of damage per level. Also you can use Q to harass, while W is blocked by minions if i am not completely mistaken.

Basically, what i think is happening is that you don't know if you would win or lose fights, so you try to avoid them. While that might sometimes be better in the short run, it is almost always worse in the long run, since if you don't try to fight fights, you will never learn which ones you win and which ones you lose, meaning you will at best go even in lane. From my current understanding, Lucian kind of needs to win lane/midgame fights, since his late isn't that glorious, but his early/mid are pretty strong to enable that. This might be completely wrong, he isn't out for a long time yet, and i only learn stuff about him from watching since i don't play AD.
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
August 28 2013 00:33 GMT
#123
[QUOTE]On August 27 2013 17:43 Kinie wrote:
[QUOTE]On August 26 2013 19:12 Simberto wrote:

In terms of my last hitting, it varies wildly and is something I'm trying to constantly work on, but my current target goals of CS is 70 by minute 10, 100 by minute 13, and 150 by minute 20.

In terms of slow reaction time I think that's more-so to do with either getting flustered or camera placement; I often let my camera free roam and don't lock it onto my champion, though I'm trying to get better with it and lock onto myself during a fight so I can see easily.
[/QUOTE]

2 things I can suggest.

1. Don't worry so much about hitting CS goals, just last hit the best you can and it will improve. I used to warm up in a 1v1 bot game for 10 minutes before playing ranked.

2. Do you use spacebar to centre your camera? I randomly hit (and hold) spacebar throughout the game so I can flick my camera elsewhere but quickly come back to my hero.
@miicah88
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
August 28 2013 03:48 GMT
#124
[QUOTE]On August 28 2013 09:33 miicah wrote:
[QUOTE]On August 27 2013 17:43 Kinie wrote:
[QUOTE]On August 26 2013 19:12 Simberto wrote:

In terms of my last hitting, it varies wildly and is something I'm trying to constantly work on, but my current target goals of CS is 70 by minute 10, 100 by minute 13, and 150 by minute 20.

In terms of slow reaction time I think that's more-so to do with either getting flustered or camera placement; I often let my camera free roam and don't lock it onto my champion, though I'm trying to get better with it and lock onto myself during a fight so I can see easily.
[/QUOTE]

2 things I can suggest.

1. Don't worry so much about hitting CS goals, just last hit the best you can and it will improve. I used to warm up in a 1v1 bot game for 10 minutes before playing ranked.

2. Do you use spacebar to centre your camera? I randomly hit (and hold) spacebar throughout the game so I can flick my camera elsewhere but quickly come back to my hero.[/QUOTE]

I just click on the minimap and move it around manually by mousing over the corners, and I think I have my "center camera on champion" key bound to my T, dunno if spacebar does the same thing or not.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 03:49:51
August 28 2013 03:49 GMT
#125
Whoops accidental double-post.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 28 2013 05:19 GMT
#126
Yeah go ahead and rebind that to spacebar, it makes it 100x easier in fights to find your champion. Just hold space and it's mini lock camera.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-18 15:33:26
September 01 2013 18:05 GMT
#127
See next post.
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
September 18 2013 15:36 GMT
#128
I'm trying to improve my jungle play and it was really hard to snowball this game. I started 6-1 on Lee Sin, only dying because my Ryze is 100% blind and didn't come down to drag to engage a winning fight.

I "threw" by baiting my team when I pressed a second Q when I meant to check items with tab. Big plays. We were already losing control of the game before this, though. It was really hard to get my team to group for objectives, and even pushing mid was a chore because of how long Jarvan stayed top and some of the fights that got engaged with people out of position.

Here's the replay:
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/3484577/
imanoobcs
Profile Joined January 2012
184 Posts
October 22 2013 04:43 GMT
#129
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/3557013/

Picked riven mid, but 4th pick locked in annie and told me I was jungle. So not a really good riven jungler or riven in general. Top lost and didnt want to play top anymore so I took over top. I know I died a lot, and missed a lot of q over walls (im terrible at them), more looking about where i should have been on the map at certain time. I never feel like im doing the right thing. Thanks.
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 73
Codebar 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65306
Bisu 3361
FanTaSy 1360
Stork 774
Rush 386
firebathero 254
Snow 216
Mind 122
hero 120
Last 113
[ Show more ]
Free 81
Sharp 77
Pusan 62
Sea.KH 59
Sexy 54
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 39
Hm[arnc] 33
Bale 33
Mong 27
Terrorterran 20
yabsab 18
Aegong 17
Rock 15
Noble 15
zelot 14
HiyA 11
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7258
Dendi1160
Counter-Strike
fl0m2580
byalli1087
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Other Games
gofns38397
singsing2302
Liquid`RaSZi873
B2W.Neo555
Beastyqt426
Happy300
Pyrionflax261
Mlord257
Hui .210
Khaldor127
Chillindude19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 101
• Dystopia_ 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
League of Legends
• Nemesis3207
• Jankos2903
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1478
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 19m
OSC
9h 19m
Replay Cast
9h 19m
OSC
22h 19m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.