• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:57
CEST 07:57
KST 14:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7652 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 62

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 76 Next
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 23:37:12
September 05 2011 23:36 GMT
#1221
On September 06 2011 08:20 Hakker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 08:06 Senx wrote:
Also this is the only video game I've ever played that had a relevant and interesting story that I as a human can relate to.

That alone was a major point for me.

What ending did you choose and why?

+ Show Spoiler +


I chose the blow everything up. I felt like that one fit in best with the canon

+ Show Spoiler +
It certainly would explain why Megan had 'no other place to go' in the little bonus skit after the credits. Also, Bob Page talking about the 'wreckage' would make sense.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
September 05 2011 23:44 GMT
#1222
On September 06 2011 08:36 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 08:20 Hakker wrote:
On September 06 2011 08:06 Senx wrote:
Also this is the only video game I've ever played that had a relevant and interesting story that I as a human can relate to.

That alone was a major point for me.

What ending did you choose and why?

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DibJL1F6S5k


I chose the blow everything up. I felt like that one fit in best with the canon

+ Show Spoiler +
It certainly would explain why Megan had 'no other place to go' in the little bonus skit after the credits. Also, Bob Page talking about the 'wreckage' would make sense.

Well, only if you take it literally though.
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
September 06 2011 00:16 GMT
#1223
It also explains many of the inconsistencies between DXHR and DX.
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
September 06 2011 00:46 GMT
#1224
On September 06 2011 03:56 Hakker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 02:24 Senx wrote:
Feel real empty after this game, no other games pull me in like deus ex 3 did. Anyone have any tips for epic action rpg games that pull you in?


Yeah man I felt the same way lol.

I never finished the original game, but I really wanted to after playing DXHR, So I was glad when I found this post on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/ceuyh/step_by_step_moddingguide_deus_ex_i_spilled_my/

Deus ex was released in 2000, but these mods make it easily passable for a 2004-2005 game, much more manageable on the eyes IMO.


Also this video is fucking hilarious


:O Definitely gonna go back and play Deus Ex now.
Merkd
Profile Joined May 2011
88 Posts
September 06 2011 01:32 GMT
#1225
mm contemplating so hard if to buy this game or not does look great though
They fill you with false hopes, they speak visions from their own minds.
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
September 06 2011 04:40 GMT
#1226
Right now, my biggest problem with this game is that I can't find the soundtrack anywhere, and Steam doesn't seem to want me to have the files ;_;
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
September 06 2011 10:37 GMT
#1227
On September 06 2011 13:40 Hakker wrote:
Right now, my biggest problem with this game is that I can't find the soundtrack anywhere, and Steam doesn't seem to want me to have the files ;_;

All I know is that the Augmented Edition (CE) comes with the soundtrack.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
September 06 2011 10:57 GMT
#1228
On September 06 2011 19:37 Karliath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 13:40 Hakker wrote:
Right now, my biggest problem with this game is that I can't find the soundtrack anywhere, and Steam doesn't seem to want me to have the files ;_;

All I know is that the Augmented Edition (CE) comes with the soundtrack.

It does indeed. Really enjoying the soundtrack.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 05:39:38
September 07 2011 05:15 GMT
#1229
Finally beat the game after 2 weeks.
+ Show Spoiler +
Approximately 45 hours of game play, including all quests, and exploring/hacking everything that I can possibly find. I had to reload an older save to get my last achievement I've missed.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Final stats:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Could have gotten at least 2 more Praxis Kits, but didn't want to bother to look for the hidden LIMB Clinic in Panchaea.

The ending(s) felt somewhat lackluster... No CG, no in game scene, but a bunch of documentaries knit together with some commentary. It could have been much more, and better.

I also really hated the last zombie part of the game. It just seems out of place and killed a lot of my mood. The in game graphics (look at the sky for example), especially the CG cut scenes were surprisingly bad of visual quality and felt very dated. Even consoles can run those scenes at a much higher quality. I had high hopes when I originally saw this extended trailer in 1080p, but was extremely disappointed when I saw my first CG cut scene.

I'm not going to be writing a detailed review like some people have; The game has its flaws, but all in all, it's a solid 8/10. No where close to GOTY however.

Come to think of it, its only a 7.5/10 for me. I played on the highest difficulty, but the AI was still dumb (I knocked out 99.99% of my targets as a pacifist), had over 120 Nuke Worms at the end, and bosses were a roll over with 3 shot Typhoons, etc. There are just too many small things to pick on.
靈魂交響曲
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
September 07 2011 05:17 GMT
#1230
On September 06 2011 13:40 Hakker wrote:
Right now, my biggest problem with this game is that I can't find the soundtrack anywhere, and Steam doesn't seem to want me to have the files ;_;


I've answered the same question back on page 41.
Click
靈魂交響曲
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
September 07 2011 05:49 GMT
#1231
On September 07 2011 14:17 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 13:40 Hakker wrote:
Right now, my biggest problem with this game is that I can't find the soundtrack anywhere, and Steam doesn't seem to want me to have the files ;_;


I've answered the same question back on page 41.
Click


I don't have the augmented edition, and no matter how much I like this game I won't spend another $60 to download the music lol.

Was surprised to see that Eidos didn't have any plans to release the soundtrack separately from the aug edition, and steam's file system is so convoluted that I can't even find where the audio is found.
Lovedrop
Profile Joined April 2010
2629 Posts
September 07 2011 13:20 GMT
#1232
As I finished, the only impression that's left of me is

VENTS, VENTS EVERYWHERE
Writerundefeated thunderdome champion 。゚+.(o´・ω・`o)+.゚。イィ!! :+:+: @lubdrop
PizzaParty
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada169 Posts
September 07 2011 13:21 GMT
#1233
DLC announced

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/09/deus-ex-dlc/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojMkw6lZ-PY
Pkol
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia176 Posts
September 07 2011 13:46 GMT
#1234
AI, Graphics etc etc didn't bug me as much as the last boss fight.

"OH YEAH WE GOT A QUANTUM COMPUTER WITH CHICKS HOOKED UP TO IT, NO BIGGIE". Quantum Computing was probably the biggest technological advance shown in the game, and they kinda just skipped over it.
lolwut?
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
September 07 2011 13:53 GMT
#1235
On September 07 2011 22:46 Pkol wrote:
AI, Graphics etc etc didn't bug me as much as the last boss fight.

"OH YEAH WE GOT A QUANTUM COMPUTER WITH CHICKS HOOKED UP TO IT, NO BIGGIE". Quantum Computing was probably the biggest technological advance shown in the game, and they kinda just skipped over it.


The entire fight lasted less than 2 minutes for me, on the hardest difficulty with no Typhoon usage during that fight. I didn't even realize it was over until the cut scene started playing...
靈魂交響曲
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
September 07 2011 13:57 GMT
#1236
The last level took some time from me, as I was pressed for time, and I didn't explore all the options, instead using all the security PCs to do it

Ran out of ammo to kill turrets, so I had to cloak hack
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
September 07 2011 14:29 GMT
#1237
On September 07 2011 22:20 Lovedrop wrote:
As I finished, the only impression that's left of me is

VENTS, VENTS EVERYWHERE

Yeah, it's basically just dial-a-vent. Doesn't matter how ridiculous the vent placement is, if you need an alternate route just stick one in.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
September 07 2011 16:13 GMT
#1238
On September 06 2011 06:57 Zax19 wrote:
Oh, Nahtzee refference? Here you go, Yahtzee's take on DX1 :D. Hopefully DX3 soon .
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4093-Deus-Ex

And finally Yahtzee's take on DX:HR
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4137-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
36CrazyFists
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal128 Posts
September 07 2011 16:31 GMT
#1239
I would like and want to play this game so mutch , but i have problems with motion sickness , for that i cant play all "Fps" games , and i cant test the game because they dont have a demo , so i dont want to pay for a game to play like 5m , like deadspace
http://www.twitter.com/36crazyfists
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
September 07 2011 16:58 GMT
#1240
Yahtzee nailed it.
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4723
Leta 1719
Shuttle 697
Shine 42
ZergMaN 20
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King40
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft615
Sick147
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick474
BasetradeTV200
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1417
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2165
League of Legends
• Lourlo1041
• Rush771
Other Games
• Shiphtur369
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 3m
Patches Events
9h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 3m
OSC
17h 3m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.