• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:20
CEST 21:20
KST 04:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12739 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 63

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 76 Next
Krowser
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada788 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 17:15:14
September 07 2011 17:14 GMT
#1241
On September 07 2011 23:29 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2011 22:20 Lovedrop wrote:
As I finished, the only impression that's left of me is

VENTS, VENTS EVERYWHERE

Yeah, it's basically just dial-a-vent. Doesn't matter how ridiculous the vent placement is, if you need an alternate route just stick one in.


Hahaha, that's what I thought. Sometimes I ask myself if this building's architect/engineer got his licence in a cracker jack box...

MORE IMPORTANTLY:

I have visited and worked in many buildings. Never in my life have I would a vent shaft big enough for a human being, let alone a child, to fit through.

Yet in every spy game/movie, it's the prefered route of access.
D3 and Pho, the way to go. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=340709
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
September 07 2011 17:26 GMT
#1242
On September 08 2011 02:14 Krowser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2011 23:29 Jibba wrote:
On September 07 2011 22:20 Lovedrop wrote:
As I finished, the only impression that's left of me is

VENTS, VENTS EVERYWHERE

Yeah, it's basically just dial-a-vent. Doesn't matter how ridiculous the vent placement is, if you need an alternate route just stick one in.


Hahaha, that's what I thought. Sometimes I ask myself if this building's architect/engineer got his licence in a cracker jack box...

MORE IMPORTANTLY:

I have visited and worked in many buildings. Never in my life have I would a vent shaft big enough for a human being, let alone a child, to fit through.

Yet in every spy game/movie, it's the prefered route of access.

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Eugene_Victor_Tooms
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 07 2011 17:35 GMT
#1243
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4137-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution

^ZP on Deus Ex just came up.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 17:51:01
September 07 2011 17:50 GMT
#1244
^
Haha, exactly what i was thinking.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
September 07 2011 18:32 GMT
#1245
I'm not sure why he thinks Jensen is the precursor to Hermann or, for that matter, anyone else who was mechanically augmented. Mechanical augmentation was common in 2027, but it obviously fell out of favor between HR and Deus Ex and Hermann looks much more like Jaron Namir than Jensen.

I don't think Adam Jensen is the precursor to any mechanically augmented individuals.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
September 07 2011 18:41 GMT
#1246
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AirVentEscape
Krowser
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada788 Posts
September 07 2011 20:26 GMT
#1247
On September 08 2011 02:26 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 02:14 Krowser wrote:
On September 07 2011 23:29 Jibba wrote:
On September 07 2011 22:20 Lovedrop wrote:
As I finished, the only impression that's left of me is

VENTS, VENTS EVERYWHERE

Yeah, it's basically just dial-a-vent. Doesn't matter how ridiculous the vent placement is, if you need an alternate route just stick one in.


Hahaha, that's what I thought. Sometimes I ask myself if this building's architect/engineer got his licence in a cracker jack box...

MORE IMPORTANTLY:

I have visited and worked in many buildings. Never in my life have I would a vent shaft big enough for a human being, let alone a child, to fit through.

Yet in every spy game/movie, it's the prefered route of access.

http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Eugene_Victor_Tooms


Man, I just got a double holy fuck moment!

First, I missed the ''X-Files'' title and so I thought that guy was real.

Second, I got a flashback of a very vague memory of seeing this guy on TV as a kid, when I read the bit about his nest being made out of newspaper
D3 and Pho, the way to go. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=340709
Therapist.
Profile Joined January 2009
United States207 Posts
September 07 2011 20:34 GMT
#1248
On September 08 2011 02:14 Krowser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2011 23:29 Jibba wrote:
On September 07 2011 22:20 Lovedrop wrote:
As I finished, the only impression that's left of me is

VENTS, VENTS EVERYWHERE

Yeah, it's basically just dial-a-vent. Doesn't matter how ridiculous the vent placement is, if you need an alternate route just stick one in.


Hahaha, that's what I thought. Sometimes I ask myself if this building's architect/engineer got his licence in a cracker jack box...

MORE IMPORTANTLY:

I have visited and worked in many buildings. Never in my life have I would a vent shaft big enough for a human being, let alone a child, to fit through.

Yet in every spy game/movie, it's the prefered route of access.


Personally I like the vent that has the laser security system in it. Who puts laser security systems in their vents? Captain Penn, that's who.
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
September 07 2011 20:36 GMT
#1249
I wonder how many times someone has broken into the vents at the police station for them to say 'Fuck it, bring in the lasers'
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
September 07 2011 21:36 GMT
#1250
What I like is how clean and well-lit the world of DEHR manages to keep its air vents. It's like the city took its entire waste services budget and spent it on vents.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
September 07 2011 21:44 GMT
#1251
Did I get glitched or was there no final boss?
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
September 07 2011 22:10 GMT
#1252
On September 08 2011 06:44 Chairman Ray wrote:
Did I get glitched or was there no final boss?


Not sure what you mean by that. There is certainly a final boss fight. Huge spoilers about final boss
+ Show Spoiler +
With Zhao in the core at Panchea. It might not be the same as the ones against the mercenaries, but I think the rocket hands guy in the body room should have been enough for most people.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
September 07 2011 22:21 GMT
#1253
On November 28 2009 01:39 Fen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2009 00:32 Hawk wrote:
PC only? This is gonna be the game that developers cite when they never ever make a PC-only shooter again. The only things that work exclusively on PC are RTS


And what is going to be most frustrating is that the game will flop not because its PC-only, but because the developers suck


What was that?
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 22:36:53
September 07 2011 22:35 GMT
#1254
I really enjoyed this game. It really reminded me of VTM:Bloodlines.

One of the first things I got was the icarus module, so I could jump around the city areas without fear of suddenly dying randomly.

I always went into each mission intending to be sneaky, but then I'd usually get lost and start picking people off (non-lethal still) until I'd end up with the air vents piled high with bodies. There were a few times where I was just laughing my ass off when an NPC would investigate my last known position, turn a corner from his friends, I'd non-lethal melee them, and then drag them out of sight of their friends never to be seen again. I also don't envy the guys that would wake up in some maze of vents under a pile of 6-8 other unconscious guys...


I was warned of the low ammo problems for non-lethal runs, so I always used melee takedowns instead of any of the guns. I ended the game with around 30 shots of each. I also never used any energy food, instead buying up the recharge rate and never going above 1 tank, I was able to pull off a melee double-knockout every 10 or so seconds, I didn't use energy for anything else except moving heavy things.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7424 Posts
September 07 2011 22:45 GMT
#1255
Done

played through hard mode and didn't kill anybody until the last level. (Bosses don't count )

By then i was so heavy augmented (nearly every aug fully upgrade except the useless stuff like alert timer, wallhack,..) i could just walk through the level playin some sort of left 4 dead if you know what i mean. Laserbeam Rulez!
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
September 07 2011 23:00 GMT
#1256
+ Show Spoiler +
Adam Jensen is the biological father of JC and Paul Denton. If it's not implied enough in the game, don't worry a DLC is in the mix somewhere along the line to hit you over the head with that implication. This one is an easy plot twist to see coming.
twitch.tv/medrea
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 23:25:01
September 07 2011 23:23 GMT
#1257
I don't know if anyones mentioned this here but

+ Show Spoiler +
JC - Jesus Christ
Paul = Paul (who also forms ApostleCorp and Tarsus Academy in Invisible War, hinthint)
Adam = Adam (has no biological parents)
Adam -> JC/Paul


Paraphrased that from another forum

Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
September 07 2011 23:38 GMT
#1258
On September 08 2011 08:00 Medrea wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Adam Jensen is the biological father of JC and Paul Denton. If it's not implied enough in the game, don't worry a DLC is in the mix somewhere along the line to hit you over the head with that implication. This one is an easy plot twist to see coming.


+ Show Spoiler +
He's the biological father of Paul, JC is a clone of Adam.
Letho
Profile Joined September 2011
20 Posts
September 07 2011 23:54 GMT
#1259
So, sounds like they royally screwed the pooch with this game...

Is there any potential for modding? Would love to see some enterprising individuals take some of the faults out and restore the polish of the original.
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
September 08 2011 01:47 GMT
#1260
On September 08 2011 08:38 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 08:00 Medrea wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Adam Jensen is the biological father of JC and Paul Denton. If it's not implied enough in the game, don't worry a DLC is in the mix somewhere along the line to hit you over the head with that implication. This one is an easy plot twist to see coming.


+ Show Spoiler +
He's the biological father of Paul, JC is a clone of Adam.

Actually JC is a clone of Paul. Adam isn't their father either, unless some severe retconning is done. None of this is even remotely new information.

The Deus Ex Bible: http://www.nanoaugur.net/dx/bible/
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1244
TKL 438
IndyStarCraft 269
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1244
ByuN 480
TKL 438
IndyStarCraft 269
Reynor 262
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24918
Calm 2405
Shuttle 373
Mini 170
White-Ra 133
firebathero 87
ZZZero.O 76
scan(afreeca) 23
soO 13
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc11115
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1230
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3865
Liquid`Hasu530
MindelVK8
Other Games
summit1g4568
Liquid`RaSZi2217
fl0m1783
FrodaN1293
B2W.Neo723
olofmeister697
Khaldor481
Beastyqt366
Livibee187
crisheroes162
Mew2King68
ToD55
Pyrionflax30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
BasetradeTV223
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 32
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach36
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• 80smullet 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1233
• Shiphtur662
• WagamamaTV469
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 41m
Replay Cast
3h 41m
OSC
16h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.