• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:31
CEST 02:31
KST 09:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8696 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 95

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 383 Next
sherpaUK
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom3 Posts
February 15 2012 14:43 GMT
#1881
My Qpad MK-50 with cherry browns came in the post today (took ~ 2 weeks from ordering to deliver from Sweden to UK). This is my first mechanical keyboard so I can't be as critical as you guys but I'll put down what I think:

- This thing is amazing to type on. I can zip through text using it, but it doesn't prevent inaccuracies in typing, if my finger is off-centre and hits two keys at once (in fact, it's more inaccurate as the keys are so easy to press).

- I love how "normal" the keyboard looks. It doesn't scream "I'M A NERD!" like some do; though it's a bit embarassing that the keyboard has a "Pro gamer gear" logo and the wrist rest says "We love gaming".

- Defaults to a PS/2 port, which I'm using, but it also has a USB adapter.

- Comes with replacement coloured WASD keys. Won't be using them, though :p

- Such a great gaming ergonomic feature I didn't know about: the left windows key IS present (as it should be: I have never mistakenly pressed it in a game), but it's been shrunk down to the size of a normal letter key, and the alt key is expanded: this is win-win for me as I still get the windows key and the larger alt key makes activating items easier in dota.

- The right windoes key has been replaced with a function key that is used in conjunction with F1-F6 to control media settings.

- The row of number keys are raised slightly more than the QWERTY line below it: it's a tiny detail but makes me appreciate the thought that's gone into it.

- A satisfying yet quiet clicky sound.

- Dota 2 servers are down so yet to test it in the game I bought it for. D'oh!


tl;dr amazingly pleased. Who'd have thought just a keyboard can make such a difference.
lisward
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Singapore959 Posts
February 15 2012 15:10 GMT
#1882
Hi recently a retailer started selling Ducky Green APS Mech keyboards. Anyone have any idea what that is?
Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 18:42:55
February 15 2012 16:21 GMT
#1883
On February 16 2012 00:10 lisward wrote:
Hi recently a retailer started selling Ducky Green APS Mech keyboards. Anyone have any idea what that is?


Would the 'APS' actually be ALPS?
If so its a linear switch around about the same weight as MX blues (Source)
No idea about its reputation, google it or search geekhack.

edit: I was bored so googled it myself. Apparently its a tactile switch, so basically a slightly heavier blue switch which is also more loud. Very cheap and it shows but functional. (Source)
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 19:28:02
February 15 2012 19:27 GMT
#1884
On February 16 2012 00:10 lisward wrote:
Hi recently a retailer started selling Ducky Green APS Mech keyboards. Anyone have any idea what that is?

its a tab bit louder than the cherry mx blue keys, the keys are a little wobbly, no more than a BW. The build quality is exactly the same, the keyscaps are pad printed, so they will wear, but thats expected with any keyboard. I ordered one a little after newyears and it is awesome. Its probably the best keyboard under $60. It comes in standard ducky 1008 and ducky 1087. It has same actuation force as mx blues. Thats really about it. PChome has the board available. I thin they do the $10 shipping to asian countries as well.

http://global.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item&func=exhibit&IT_NO=DCAH0X-A58945616&SR_NO=DCAH0X&ROWNO=37&tm=u

guide to order if you don't know mandarin

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?12854-PChome-(Taiwan)-20-Worldwide-Shipping-Promo

On February 16 2012 01:21 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 00:10 lisward wrote:
Hi recently a retailer started selling Ducky Green APS Mech keyboards. Anyone have any idea what that is?


Would the 'APS' actually be ALPS?
If so its a linear switch around about the same weight as MX blues (Source)
No idea about its reputation, google it or search geekhack.

edit: I was bored so googled it myself. Apparently its a tactile switch, so basically a slightly heavier blue switch which is also more loud. Very cheap and it shows but functional. (Source)

They are fake alps, but still alps nonetheless.
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
February 15 2012 21:48 GMT
#1885
Hey, I purchased the das model s keyboard and it is lacking multimedia keys, because people wanted back the windows key (-.-'') so I'm wondering what kind of software you guys recommend so I can remap the keys to use volume up/down and mute?
Also (maybe a dumb question), could blizzard ban me for this if I use some kind of software like that?
Thanks D:
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
February 15 2012 21:51 GMT
#1886
No you can't be banned for doing nothing.

You can use autohotkey or similar software.
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
February 16 2012 09:01 GMT
#1887
On February 15 2012 22:21 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 22:00 disco wrote:
I have quite some demands for a new keyboard I want to get, but I'm not sure if they actually exist.
I've been looking for a keyboard with (preferably) brown switches, backlight AND a couple of media keys (mostly to control volume). Definitely no macro keys or stuff like that.

It seems like the XArmor U9BL-S has everything I want but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Can someone recommend me a different one? Could possibly go for blue switches if brown is impossible. I've never had a mechanical keyboard before so I wanted to go with the "most recommended" switches.

http://www.corporate.qpad.se/modules/news/article.php?storyid=250

This you can order with the switches and the layout you like and it looks decent and ships there

edit: Though whoops sold out on some switch/layout combos you might want


And yeah Ducky Shines should be better than this if you feel like ordering from that place


The XArmor U9BL-S seems to be a rebranded QPad MK-80 (or the other way around). So you found me exactly what I wanted.

Decided to e-mail QPad to see when they get it back in stock with Cherry Brown switches. Thought about buying a cheaper mechanical keyboard first, since it's my first time with a mechanical, but since there are no real cheap ones I'd be better off getting a more fancy one immediately.
this game is a fucking jokie
luis_fps
Profile Joined September 2011
Portugal69 Posts
February 16 2012 10:11 GMT
#1888
If you are from europe, there's the qpad mk - series. If you want to wait a little longer , you can get the Cm storm quick rapid fire (Reds, blues, browns).

They keyboard is tenkeyless and according to some reviews they have good quality for the price. If more people message CM, maybe they will hurry up TT.
Womb
Profile Joined May 2011
68 Posts
February 16 2012 18:09 GMT
#1889
After using my Steelseries 7g for about 2 weeks now, maybe more. I can say that transitioning to a mechanical keyboard is amazing, I kind of wish I went with reds, but blacks are still great. Highly recommended!
kcbgoku
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland156 Posts
February 17 2012 01:16 GMT
#1890
On February 17 2012 03:09 Womb wrote:
After using my Steelseries 7g for about 2 weeks now, maybe more. I can say that transitioning to a mechanical keyboard is amazing, I kind of wish I went with reds, but blacks are still great. Highly recommended!


I just went from cheap, "normal" keyboard to 6GV2 also with blacks. I do agree, transition is amazing.
Leetley
Profile Joined October 2010
1796 Posts
February 17 2012 09:23 GMT
#1891
Oh boy, I can't wait for my Filco to arrive today. :p
luis_fps
Profile Joined September 2011
Portugal69 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-17 09:52:43
February 17 2012 09:46 GMT
#1892
On February 17 2012 18:23 Leetley wrote:
Oh boy, I can't wait for my Filco to arrive today. :p


edit: where did you buy it?
Bulkers
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland509 Posts
February 17 2012 10:05 GMT
#1893
On February 17 2012 18:46 luis_fps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 18:23 Leetley wrote:
Oh boy, I can't wait for my Filco to arrive today. :p


edit: where did you buy it?


Filco in Europe, probably Keyboardco.com or getdigital.de but both are very expensive, maybe auction or import.
Leetley
Profile Joined October 2010
1796 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-17 12:26:37
February 17 2012 10:11 GMT
#1894
Yeah, I got it from getdigital.de. I wanted the US layout and black colour, plus the shipping cost was decently low.
vanatir
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany355 Posts
February 19 2012 08:30 GMT
#1895
i wish there would be a g15 just with mechanical keys
aka EnjoYmE - streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/myprobe
PrinceVegeta
Profile Joined February 2011
United States118 Posts
February 19 2012 19:07 GMT
#1896
Does anyone know of a store where I can test out a steelseries g6v2 keyboard? I haven't been able to find them in stores.
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
February 19 2012 19:21 GMT
#1897
So, the keyboard I'm typing on seems to have stabilized from a few mistakes in it's modding, so I'm prepared to actually write about it.

I have two keyboards, one is a Das S, the other originally was a Leopold tenkeyless with Cherry clears. I had a bad spill of rather sweet green tea on the Das, and it left me mechanical keyboardless. Soon, I had some spare cash to blow on a new one, so I hunted down a Tenkeyless. After a sort of trial period with browns, I wanted to try out something a little less light. As I've got big, clumsy hands, I never took much of a shine to them, but that's mostly due to the very light 45g actuation force. It took me a while to get used to the Cherry Blues' 50g activation as it was.

So, I picked up a board with Cherry clears, and while I liked the heaver activation force, the springs (which are the heaviest non-special springs in the cherry lineup) made it a bit tiring to type on. The Geekhack charts give them a peak force of 100g, compared to the "heavy" blacks with 80g. So I was at an impasse, but I took the clears for the short term and sold the browns to a friend at a discount. The discount had the stipulation of "I get free reign to swap keycaps for a checkerboard look"

However, frustrations with the repairs of a set of headphones and the piling up of things that needed repairs that were basically "buy new part, desolder it, and solder a new one on", I decided to sit down and learn how to solder. Soon after, my Das S, ATH M50s and Audio interface were repaired, and with that I set my sights on the Leopold.

I had heard of the Ergo Clears mod, and it sounded like everything I wanted in a board, so I bought a bunch of cherry blue switches, swapped the spring from those with the heavy spring of the clear, and I've got probably my favourite Cherry switch around, with the blues a close second. They feel like browns, but the tactile bump is quite a bit more there. The bump on the browns is downright pitiful, whereas you can't miss the bump on the ergo clears.

It honestly baffles me that this isn't essentially a standard switch type, as this feels amazing.
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
furlyman
Profile Joined September 2011
55 Posts
February 19 2012 20:47 GMT
#1898
On February 20 2012 04:07 PrinceVegeta wrote:
Does anyone know of a store where I can test out a steelseries g6v2 keyboard? I haven't been able to find them in stores.


Im having the same problem, I want to get a mechanical keyboard but I would like to try out some feels before i decide which to purchase, yet I have no idea where to do that? Any thoughts?
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
February 19 2012 20:56 GMT
#1899
On February 20 2012 04:07 PrinceVegeta wrote:
Does anyone know of a store where I can test out a steelseries g6v2 keyboard? I haven't been able to find them in stores.


Fry's no longer carries them, bestbuy only has blackwidows in store. Microcenter may have them, but those are the 3 major retailers that have them.
arkedos
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1426 Posts
February 19 2012 21:25 GMT
#1900
I have a zowie celeritas now. it is really smooth. keys are really easy to press and its not too loud ( thx to cherry mx brown switches) and its fun to type on and to play on. really nice keyboard with no funky function overload. just a plain keyboard. :> although it is not unexpensive.
love esports - hate homophobia
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft332
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft332
ViBE121
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1940
Artosis 603
Shuttle 541
910 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever685
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox506
Other Games
summit1g8172
JimRising 589
shahzam589
C9.Mang0259
Maynarde131
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick933
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 29m
Stellar Fest
12h 29m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.