• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:52
CEST 22:52
KST 05:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6708 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 93

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 91 92 93 94 95 383 Next
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
February 12 2012 04:43 GMT
#1841
rolf elitekeyboard, the shipping cost is nearly as much as the product price
I hate all this singing
holy_war
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States3590 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 04:49:50
February 12 2012 04:49 GMT
#1842
On February 12 2012 13:43 brachester wrote:
rolf elitekeyboard, the shipping cost is nearly as much as the product price


Is it just because of international shipping? I got mine last week and it was around $10 shipping. A bit expensive but not too bad.
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
February 12 2012 04:53 GMT
#1843
On February 12 2012 13:49 holy_war wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 13:43 brachester wrote:
rolf elitekeyboard, the shipping cost is nearly as much as the product price


Is it just because of international shipping? I got mine last week and it was around $10 shipping. A bit expensive but not too bad.

it is cause i live in Australia, the keyboard is $90 while the shipping is $66
I hate all this singing
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 05:45:33
February 12 2012 05:43 GMT
#1844
On February 12 2012 13:53 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 13:49 holy_war wrote:
On February 12 2012 13:43 brachester wrote:
rolf elitekeyboard, the shipping cost is nearly as much as the product price


Is it just because of international shipping? I got mine last week and it was around $10 shipping. A bit expensive but not too bad.

it is cause i live in Australia, the keyboard is $90 while the shipping is $66

there are companies that are australian based and sell leopolds T_T

http://www.mechkeyboards.com/products.html
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
February 12 2012 05:53 GMT
#1845
On February 12 2012 14:43 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 13:53 brachester wrote:
On February 12 2012 13:49 holy_war wrote:
On February 12 2012 13:43 brachester wrote:
rolf elitekeyboard, the shipping cost is nearly as much as the product price


Is it just because of international shipping? I got mine last week and it was around $10 shipping. A bit expensive but not too bad.

it is cause i live in Australia, the keyboard is $90 while the shipping is $66

there are companies that are australian based and sell leopolds T_T

http://www.mechkeyboards.com/products.html

wooh nice, i actually went to this website, saw the ducky and got out right away because the ducky red switch is out of stock lol. Thanks man, lucky i didn't buy it from elitekeyboard
I hate all this singing
jnkw
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada347 Posts
February 12 2012 06:20 GMT
#1846
I ended up ordering a Meka G1 along with computer parts for a new PC build, but I'm having second thoughts now (it hasn't arrived yet). At the time I didn't know about the different switch types. Does anyone have a G1 and use it for a lot of typing? I know the keyboard uses MX black switches, so my main concern is if it'll be uncomfortable for extended typing sessions. I'd love to hear some first-hand experiences. Thanks!
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
February 12 2012 06:47 GMT
#1847
On February 12 2012 15:20 jnkw wrote:
I ended up ordering a Meka G1 along with computer parts for a new PC build, but I'm having second thoughts now (it hasn't arrived yet). At the time I didn't know about the different switch types. Does anyone have a G1 and use it for a lot of typing? I know the keyboard uses MX black switches, so my main concern is if it'll be uncomfortable for extended typing sessions. I'd love to hear some first-hand experiences. Thanks!

almost noone recommends blacks for typing alot
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 07:35:42
February 12 2012 07:35 GMT
#1848
On February 12 2012 15:20 jnkw wrote:
I ended up ordering a Meka G1 along with computer parts for a new PC build, but I'm having second thoughts now (it hasn't arrived yet). At the time I didn't know about the different switch types. Does anyone have a G1 and use it for a lot of typing? I know the keyboard uses MX black switches, so my main concern is if it'll be uncomfortable for extended typing sessions. I'd love to hear some first-hand experiences. Thanks!


I would recommend another switch if you are going to be using it primarily for typing.

But I wouldn't call blacks uncomfortable, just not quite as nice as the other switches for typing. They are quite heavy but I've never felt tired using them (that said I've never typed up a paper on them). In some ways the heavy switches are good because they make it much easier to not bottom out, which makes for a smooth experience.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 10:34:37
February 12 2012 10:24 GMT
#1849
In my experience, getting a black switch is fine if it's not your first mechanical keyboard.

I came from browns and the added "heaviness" makes it a lot easier to not bottom out. I feel like my fingers float when I tried a black switch board coming from my browns.

Hadn't tried one for an extended period though. Just tried out a display unit of the Meka G1 in a store when I was on vacation in Singapore.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 12 2012 10:32 GMT
#1850
I can't type properly on blacks, would prefer reds if you're not going to be merely gaming. I don't think blacks are compatible with pinky fingers, they're allright though for games where you don't really use the pinky(for instance WASD shooters)
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
February 12 2012 10:44 GMT
#1851
I had a keyboard with blacks and I could not stand it, typing on it was a pain and it just didnt feel right.
Whatever happens, happens
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 18:48:46
February 13 2012 14:46 GMT
#1852
I just wanted to say that I purchased the das model s keyboard professional silent and I fucking love it. This keyboard is the shit, this thing, man I tell ya, this is it!

edit:
Just one question: since this version of the das model s keyboard don't got the multimedia functions I need some remapping program so I can still use em. Does anyone know a good program for that purpose? Thanks.
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 00:43:50
February 14 2012 00:43 GMT
#1853
Does someone knows if the quality control of the Razer BlackWidow improved? I have seen a lot of good reviews this 2012 and I was thinking of getting it since is the most affordable (if had more money I obviously would buy something better but I can't).
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 14 2012 01:09 GMT
#1854
On February 14 2012 09:43 Celestia wrote:
Does someone knows if the quality control of the Razer BlackWidow improved? I have seen a lot of good reviews this 2012 and I was thinking of getting it since is the most affordable (if had more money I obviously would buy something better but I can't).


Much better options for the same price from Ducky and Rosewill. Consider something else.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
February 14 2012 01:22 GMT
#1855
On February 14 2012 10:09 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 09:43 Celestia wrote:
Does someone knows if the quality control of the Razer BlackWidow improved? I have seen a lot of good reviews this 2012 and I was thinking of getting it since is the most affordable (if had more money I obviously would buy something better but I can't).


Much better options for the same price from Ducky and Rosewill. Consider something else.

Those were the ones I wanted, but Ducky is not available in Amazon anymore (I can only buy from Amazon and New egg) and the Rosewill (brown switches) is only available in New egg so it cost like $130 with taxes and shipping, the cheapest one is the one with black switches and I want brown or blue switches, so yeah I don't want to pay (can't) $50 more >_<.
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
February 14 2012 01:47 GMT
#1856
On February 14 2012 10:22 Celestia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 10:09 slytown wrote:
On February 14 2012 09:43 Celestia wrote:
Does someone knows if the quality control of the Razer BlackWidow improved? I have seen a lot of good reviews this 2012 and I was thinking of getting it since is the most affordable (if had more money I obviously would buy something better but I can't).


Much better options for the same price from Ducky and Rosewill. Consider something else.

Those were the ones I wanted, but Ducky is not available in Amazon anymore (I can only buy from Amazon and New egg) and the Rosewill (brown switches) is only available in New egg so it cost like $130 with taxes and shipping, the cheapest one is the one with black switches and I want brown or blue switches, so yeah I don't want to pay (can't) $50 more >_<.

both Ducky and Rosehill seems to have some sort of "quality" problem, especially rosehill (according to the feedback they have on their website). I would recommend other keyboard, maybe a cm storm quickfire?
I hate all this singing
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
February 14 2012 02:15 GMT
#1857
Schweet; mom just called and said my aunt got me a Noppoo with red switches :D.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these should be pretty easy to adjust to for a guy who's been using only his Macbook Pro's keyboard for the past 3 years, right?
derp
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 14 2012 03:32 GMT
#1858
On February 14 2012 10:47 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 10:22 Celestia wrote:
On February 14 2012 10:09 slytown wrote:
On February 14 2012 09:43 Celestia wrote:
Does someone knows if the quality control of the Razer BlackWidow improved? I have seen a lot of good reviews this 2012 and I was thinking of getting it since is the most affordable (if had more money I obviously would buy something better but I can't).


Much better options for the same price from Ducky and Rosewill. Consider something else.

Those were the ones I wanted, but Ducky is not available in Amazon anymore (I can only buy from Amazon and New egg) and the Rosewill (brown switches) is only available in New egg so it cost like $130 with taxes and shipping, the cheapest one is the one with black switches and I want brown or blue switches, so yeah I don't want to pay (can't) $50 more >_<.

both Ducky and Rosehill seems to have some sort of "quality" problem, especially rosehill (according to the feedback they have on their website). I would recommend other keyboard, maybe a cm storm quickfire?


What website?
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
February 14 2012 03:35 GMT
#1859
On February 14 2012 10:47 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 10:22 Celestia wrote:
On February 14 2012 10:09 slytown wrote:
On February 14 2012 09:43 Celestia wrote:
Does someone knows if the quality control of the Razer BlackWidow improved? I have seen a lot of good reviews this 2012 and I was thinking of getting it since is the most affordable (if had more money I obviously would buy something better but I can't).


Much better options for the same price from Ducky and Rosewill. Consider something else.

Those were the ones I wanted, but Ducky is not available in Amazon anymore (I can only buy from Amazon and New egg) and the Rosewill (brown switches) is only available in New egg so it cost like $130 with taxes and shipping, the cheapest one is the one with black switches and I want brown or blue switches, so yeah I don't want to pay (can't) $50 more >_<.

both Ducky and Rosehill seems to have some sort of "quality" problem, especially rosehill (according to the feedback they have on their website). I would recommend other keyboard, maybe a cm storm quickfire?


Ducky and Rosewill are some of the best branded keyboards that are decent for their price. I usually never see bad reviews on newegg, geekhack about these keyboards.
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
February 14 2012 03:40 GMT
#1860
On February 14 2012 10:47 brachester wrote:
both Ducky and Rosehill seems to have some sort of "quality" problem, especially rosehill (according to the feedback they have on their website). I would recommend other keyboard, maybe a cm storm quickfire?

Wow, it actually has a good price (Amazon) I'll consider it
Prev 1 91 92 93 94 95 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
JuggernautJason26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 665
Dewaltoss 107
firebathero 94
Zeus 73
Trap 42
910 29
Bale 26
NaDa 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever310
Counter-Strike
edward210
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS124
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4366
Liquid`Hasu2346
Other Games
summit1g6633
shahzam485
byalli450
C9.Mang0168
KnowMe130
UpATreeSC102
Chillindude28
Trikslyr23
Railgan17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 69
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur327
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 8m
Stellar Fest
16h 8m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.