• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:02
CEST 12:02
KST 19:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6454 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 275

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 273 274 275 276 277 383 Next
IceBergZ
Profile Joined September 2012
Malaysia176 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 05:15:52
April 13 2013 05:15 GMT
#5481
same2 lesson learnt too dont even buy razer keyboards
LakseWim
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands202 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 12:34:41
April 13 2013 12:34 GMT
#5482
Today i found out about the Razer Orbweaver

I use a grid layout for hotkeys and this thing looks like you could use it for that. Does anyone know if this is a viable keypad to use for Starcraft? Any expierences?
NaNiwa | HerO | MC | Rain | PartinG | sOs
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
April 13 2013 14:28 GMT
#5483
I hope you're joking.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
April 13 2013 16:07 GMT
#5484
On April 13 2013 23:28 DJFaqU wrote:
I hope you're joking.

Most likely not. There was some guy in high master that used I think it was an xbox controller to play SC2. That being said and done there would probably be a MASSIVE learning curve. Did I say massive? I mean MASSIVE. I don't see the point in getting something like that went most of the hotkeys you need are on the left side of your keyboard.
brainox
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany292 Posts
April 13 2013 16:21 GMT
#5485
As long as you can use shift and ctrl as well I think it's viable to play with that thing. With the grid alyout you wll be able to use everything and have 5 control groups.
TwilightRain
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany351 Posts
April 13 2013 17:34 GMT
#5486
On April 14 2013 01:07 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 23:28 DJFaqU wrote:
I hope you're joking.

Most likely not. There was some guy in high master that used I think it was an xbox controller to play SC2. That being said and done there would probably be a MASSIVE learning curve. Did I say massive? I mean MASSIVE. I don't see the point in getting something like that went most of the hotkeys you need are on the left side of your keyboard.

And that thing also costs as much as a very good full-size mechanical keyboard.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 13 2013 19:52 GMT
#5487
On April 14 2013 01:07 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2013 23:28 DJFaqU wrote:
I hope you're joking.

Most likely not. There was some guy in high master that used I think it was an xbox controller to play SC2. That being said and done there would probably be a MASSIVE learning curve. Did I say massive? I mean MASSIVE. I don't see the point in getting something like that went most of the hotkeys you need are on the left side of your keyboard.


Holy shit. Are you serious there was a player that just used the xbox controller to play SC2 and he was masters?
ChapOne
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany68 Posts
April 13 2013 20:56 GMT
#5488
yes, he really exists
he was diamond in wol and recently got promoted to masters.
i'm at work atm and can't provide the link to his twitch.tv. i think he has a thread on tl, too.


On April 13 2013 03:43 Rankith wrote:
hmmm, ok slept on it, im now stuck deciding between the logitech g710 or the cm storm trigger.

Anyone have experience with the trigger and have feedback? Also, is the logitech backlight only white? White is meh


i own the g710 for 3 months now and really like it so far. i bought it mainly because it was the only brown switch keyboard with backlight and german layout. yes, it's only white light. i like it, it's not too fancy and fits really well to my sensei raw mouse with also white light
the feel of the switches is nice, quite the same like on my old filco with browns ( i mention this, because i heard blackwiddow for example doesn't feel like usual blues).
the position of the macrokeys is fine, you don't tend to press them accidently instead of ctrl for example.
and last but not least it looks way better than on the pictures imo. if you can get for a good price it's a very decent keyboard.
arkedos
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1426 Posts
April 13 2013 21:02 GMT
#5489
Are there any specific advantages with tenkeyless keyboards ? Are the gaps between keys closer on these ones ? I am wondering because so many pro gamers seem to play with TKL boards.
love esports - hate homophobia
Rankith
Profile Joined August 2010
United States78 Posts
April 13 2013 21:06 GMT
#5490
So I went ahead and got the logitech (I like the volume roller and mute button on mine so much ).

I really really hate the different color on the WASD keys though. Can someone point me to a place to get a replacement set that will work with the LED?
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
April 13 2013 21:20 GMT
#5491
On April 14 2013 06:02 arkedos wrote:
Are there any specific advantages with tenkeyless keyboards ? Are the gaps between keys closer on these ones ? I am wondering because so many pro gamers seem to play with TKL boards.

It's really only the number pad missing, there is no other difference to a full size keyboard. You can have your mouse hand in a different position as the keyboard is shorter. Switching between typing and mouse is also less movement, though that doesn't matter for gaming.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 21:33:52
April 13 2013 21:26 GMT
#5492
On April 14 2013 04:52 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 01:07 Sovano wrote:
On April 13 2013 23:28 DJFaqU wrote:
I hope you're joking.

Most likely not. There was some guy in high master that used I think it was an xbox controller to play SC2. That being said and done there would probably be a MASSIVE learning curve. Did I say massive? I mean MASSIVE. I don't see the point in getting something like that went most of the hotkeys you need are on the left side of your keyboard.


Holy shit. Are you serious there was a player that just used the xbox controller to play SC2 and he was masters?

Yeah. This is the thread.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=404953

On April 14 2013 06:02 arkedos wrote:
Are there any specific advantages with tenkeyless keyboards ? Are the gaps between keys closer on these ones ? I am wondering because so many pro gamers seem to play with TKL boards.

The only difference between a TKL and full is the missing numberpad on the right side of the keyboard. Other than that, it's just a smaller keyboard. The perks of having a TKL vs a numberpad is greater mobility, less desk-space, and less weight. I'm not going to state this next one as a fact, but it's just a very common conception that TKL keyboards are better for gaming because your hands are closer together when using a TKL keyboard and a mouse. I certainly feel the same way, but it doesn't improve/hinder my performance in SC2 when I use my full-sized. There are varying opinions on this, but that's the most common one, take it for what it's worth.
ChapOne
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany68 Posts
April 13 2013 21:33 GMT
#5493
On April 14 2013 06:06 Rankith wrote:
So I went ahead and got the logitech (I like the volume roller and mute button on mine so much ).

I really really hate the different color on the WASD keys though. Can someone point me to a place to get a replacement set that will work with the LED?


so my review came a little late :D
i second your search. can't really stand the grey keys and would love some black ones. but i think there a none with same font that will work with led.
Rankith
Profile Joined August 2010
United States78 Posts
April 13 2013 22:04 GMT
#5494
On April 14 2013 06:33 ChapOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 06:06 Rankith wrote:
So I went ahead and got the logitech (I like the volume roller and mute button on mine so much ).

I really really hate the different color on the WASD keys though. Can someone point me to a place to get a replacement set that will work with the LED?


so my review came a little late :D
i second your search. can't really stand the grey keys and would love some black ones. but i think there a none with same font that will work with led.


I don't really need same font, just same color/shape/finish that lets LEDS through T.T
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 22:54:37
April 13 2013 22:20 GMT
#5495
edit
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
Rankith
Profile Joined August 2010
United States78 Posts
April 13 2013 22:21 GMT
#5496
On April 14 2013 07:20 Belial88 wrote:
Quick question -

Is there any mechanical keyboard that has a similar form factor to the CM Storm TK (tenkeyless form factor, with a ten key integrated to the arrow keys)? Just wanted to ask before I bought it. And does anyone have one?

I know some CM boards are total crap, like the cm storm trigger, but from what I understand the tk is just like the rapid and is higher quality.


What is crap about the cm storm trigger?
Rankith
Profile Joined August 2010
United States78 Posts
April 13 2013 22:23 GMT
#5497
Hmm, does anyone know if the ducky shine replacement keycaps would work on the logitech g710? I think I might order a set just to replace the stupid WASD keys
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 23:00:16
April 13 2013 22:58 GMT
#5498
cm storm trigger just feels like crap. I'm not sure if they put those dampeners on the switches or what, but the cm storm trigger browns felt 'neutered' compared to my browns on my ducky, which feels like the browns on every single other brown switched mech board (even the cm pro and rapid feels fine). It wasn't that particular board either, I tried out 2 different triggers and they both had they sort of dampened, neutered feel.

Plus the board has that ugly ELiTeGaMeRz look like it is for a 15 year old.

im sure it's still a million times better than a rubber dome, and to anyone who hasn't used many mech boards it'll feel awesome. which is sad because reviews on sites dont ever know what a good product is like so it's reviewed as highly as anything else.

i love the cm storm rapid though, really solid build quality, and the pro is good too. ive heard razer blackwidow has shoddier build quality but that's kinda all razer products, they shine more in ergonomics and design than by solid construction.
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
Alkuelio
Profile Joined March 2013
Finland4 Posts
April 13 2013 23:30 GMT
#5499
On April 14 2013 07:23 Rankith wrote:
Hmm, does anyone know if the ducky shine replacement keycaps would work on the logitech g710? I think I might order a set just to replace the stupid WASD keys


Most likely they will. Both use Cherry MX switches and AFAIK the LED assembly is identical in every cherry keyboard.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 04:57:15
April 14 2013 04:55 GMT
#5500
On April 14 2013 07:58 Belial88 wrote:
cm storm trigger just feels like crap. I'm not sure if they put those dampeners on the switches or what, but the cm storm trigger browns felt 'neutered' compared to my browns on my ducky, which feels like the browns on every single other brown switched mech board (even the cm pro and rapid feels fine). It wasn't that particular board either, I tried out 2 different triggers and they both had they sort of dampened, neutered feel.

I think I know what you mean, but my experiences are a bit different. When I was on a spending spree I bought a CM Storm QFR with browns and they just didn't feel right. I had the QFP and the browns felt a lot better than the ones on the QFR. I'm fairly confident Costar makes QFR and Trigger. iOne may have made the QFP, but the browns had a better tactile feedback.

On April 14 2013 07:04 Rankith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 06:33 ChapOne wrote:
On April 14 2013 06:06 Rankith wrote:
So I went ahead and got the logitech (I like the volume roller and mute button on mine so much ).

I really really hate the different color on the WASD keys though. Can someone point me to a place to get a replacement set that will work with the LED?


so my review came a little late :D
i second your search. can't really stand the grey keys and would love some black ones. but i think there a none with same font that will work with led.


I don't really need same font, just same color/shape/finish that lets LEDS through T.T

That's really the problem with finding "LED keycaps". Some are "compatible" with LEDs, but more often than not they don't shine through well. The stock you get is usually better.
Prev 1 273 274 275 276 277 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings31
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 174
SHIN 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10177
Rain 3264
soO 599
Stork 415
Soulkey 382
BeSt 358
Soma 346
Rush 288
firebathero 227
Britney 192
[ Show more ]
Barracks 120
Sexy 58
Shinee 55
Mind 47
FanTaSy 43
Killer 33
Sharp 26
Shine 21
HiyA 21
sorry 21
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
hero 14
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 10
zelot 10
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc5789
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
gofns37002
singsing1257
Pyrionflax206
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 56
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV174
League of Legends
• Jankos2807
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 58m
OSC
12h 58m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.