• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:21
CEST 11:21
KST 18:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8508 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 276

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 274 275 276 277 278 383 Next
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
April 14 2013 05:30 GMT
#5501
Anyone know what keyboard Polt uses? I can't seem to find the model anywhere. I've seen the photos of it but that's it. I'm looking to get one like his because it looks so cool, and I'm pretty sure anything would be better than my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 for playing SC2. I just don't wanna leave my natural ergonomic keyboard because well, it's ergonomic so it's good for my wrists.

Is the Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard USB Cherry MX Blue Key Switch any good? Or this Cherry blue keyboard?
Zorgon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States211 Posts
April 14 2013 05:33 GMT
#5502
I'm guessing that you're talking about the Skydigital nKeyboard Mechanic.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 14 2013 05:39 GMT
#5503
it's ergonomic so it's good for my wrists.


This is, uh, probably not true, unless you are a slumped over office worker.. They're not exactly designed for esports
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
IceBergZ
Profile Joined September 2012
Malaysia176 Posts
April 14 2013 08:47 GMT
#5504
On April 14 2013 14:30 geokilla wrote:
Anyone know what keyboard Polt uses? I can't seem to find the model anywhere. I've seen the photos of it but that's it. I'm looking to get one like his because it looks so cool, and I'm pretty sure anything would be better than my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 for playing SC2. I just don't wanna leave my natural ergonomic keyboard because well, it's ergonomic so it's good for my wrists.

Is the Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard USB Cherry MX Blue Key Switch any good? Or this Cherry blue keyboard?


I know which keyboard and what switch.
CM STORM QUICK FIRE TK BROWN SWITCH CONFIRM ON HIS STREAM. =)
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 10:16:38
April 14 2013 10:15 GMT
#5505
On April 14 2013 13:55 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 07:58 Belial88 wrote:
cm storm trigger just feels like crap. I'm not sure if they put those dampeners on the switches or what, but the cm storm trigger browns felt 'neutered' compared to my browns on my ducky, which feels like the browns on every single other brown switched mech board (even the cm pro and rapid feels fine). It wasn't that particular board either, I tried out 2 different triggers and they both had they sort of dampened, neutered feel.

I think I know what you mean, but my experiences are a bit different. When I was on a spending spree I bought a CM Storm QFR with browns and they just didn't feel right. I had the QFP and the browns felt a lot better than the ones on the QFR. I'm fairly confident Costar makes QFR and Trigger. iOne may have made the QFP, but the browns had a better tactile feedback.

.


i hate the naming convention cm uses on their boards...

hm that's odd. I tested a pro and trigger, both browns, side and side and it was just the trigger that felt off. As for rapids, I've only used their blues but they seem great... i'm pretty sure i've used blues on other boards but come to think of it i'm not sure I have... pretty sure i have. oh god i hope im not the kind of moron i was just talking about lol. just ordered a rosewill blue so i'll see if either feel different.
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
xChromaticx
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany34 Posts
April 14 2013 13:16 GMT
#5506
hey fellow TL guys,


I need a REALLY cheap mechanical keyboard, the cheapest you can find, (blue or brown switches preffered)

I live in the EU, germany, so no Newegg for me, i cant find anything cheaper than 60 dollars, and im really short on money

I dont care if its not stylish or shit like that, i just want it to work properly
You can do anything you set your mind to, man
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
April 14 2013 13:19 GMT
#5507
You won't find one. Save some more money.
Sokep
Profile Joined May 2011
Spain20 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 14:24:36
April 14 2013 13:23 GMT
#5508
What is the general opinion on the Tt eSPORTS MEKA G1 PRIME EDITION (brown switches)?
The ones in primezzang are english+korean layout right?
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 14 2013 13:31 GMT
#5509
On April 14 2013 22:16 xChromaticx wrote:
hey fellow TL guys,


I need a REALLY cheap mechanical keyboard, the cheapest you can find, (blue or brown switches preffered)

I live in the EU, germany, so no Newegg for me, i cant find anything cheaper than 60 dollars, and im really short on money

I dont care if its not stylish or shit like that, i just want it to work properly


Cherry G80 is the cheapest around, dunno if it is as cheap as you want though.
Makrel
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark150 Posts
April 14 2013 14:50 GMT
#5510
So I'm currently looking for a tenkeyless keyboard with blue switches. I've been looking a bit on the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the keyboard, or if there's another keyboard you would recommend.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
April 14 2013 15:04 GMT
#5511
On April 14 2013 23:50 Makrel wrote:
So I'm currently looking for a tenkeyless keyboard with blue switches. I've been looking a bit on the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the keyboard, or if there's another keyboard you would recommend.


Its very good. Nothing really beats it unless you want some other features.
MorT83
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany12 Posts
April 14 2013 15:34 GMT
#5512
I can recommend the tenkeyless Key Cool keyboards. I use a Key Cool 87 with white backlights and I love it. The keyboard is very solide and the price for a normal keyboard tenkeyless without backlight is cheap, too. So at least a very good alternative to the CM.
xChromaticx
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany34 Posts
April 14 2013 18:47 GMT
#5513
Opinions on the Cherry G80-3000? It's only 45€ and looks pretty good, im about to buy this one, should i?
You can do anything you set your mind to, man
awakenx
Profile Joined May 2011
United States341 Posts
April 14 2013 21:01 GMT
#5514
I've heard that the Cherry MX Blues are a bit iffy for double tapping, for someone who is coming from using low profile laptop keys, is that going to be much of an issue? I mean, I double tap A LOT in SC2, but I really love the sound of the MX Blues, and the QFR Blue is cheaper than the other models. Is the double tapping on blues that much more uncomfortable/annoying?
WorstMicroNA
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 21:42:56
April 14 2013 21:13 GMT
#5515
I never had those double tapping issues. It seems to be something that only some people have. It could be about how much you let the keys go up if you are tapping them repeatedly. I tend to let go of them completely.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 21:43:39
April 14 2013 21:42 GMT
#5516
On April 15 2013 03:47 xChromaticx wrote:
Opinions on the Cherry G80-3000? It's only 45€ and looks pretty good, im about to buy this one, should i?

It feels pretty flimsy compared to the heavy keyboards that use a metal plate. The price is probably fair. There's nothing broken about the keyboard, it's just a different design. There are old Cherry keyboards that lasted over a decade.

You should know the keyboard sold as "soft tactile" (or something along those lines) is not a brown MX switch. It's a "clear" MX switch that's about as heavy as the black switches. The keyboards sold as "click" and "linear" are normal blue and black switches.

I didn't like the labeling on the black Cherry G80-3000 I have. It uses thick white paint and you can feel the raised labels. I don't know if that's the case with all black Cherry G80-3000. The light gray ones are lasered and I like that better.

While it doesn't have n-key rollover, I don't really remember terrible problems playing FPS games with crouching, sprinting, etc. while using WASD as the movement keys with weapons and stuff on QERF12345ZXCV and CapsLock for push-to-talk.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 23:24:48
April 14 2013 23:24 GMT
#5517
On April 15 2013 06:01 awakenx wrote:
I've heard that the Cherry MX Blues are a bit iffy for double tapping, for someone who is coming from using low profile laptop keys, is that going to be much of an issue? I mean, I double tap A LOT in SC2, but I really love the sound of the MX Blues, and the QFR Blue is cheaper than the other models. Is the double tapping on blues that much more uncomfortable/annoying?


I've had no issues. You don't even need to release the key beyond the clicky point to double-tap, you'll get used to it very quickly.
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-15 00:52:16
April 15 2013 00:47 GMT
#5518
On April 14 2013 17:47 IceBergZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 14:30 geokilla wrote:
Anyone know what keyboard Polt uses? I can't seem to find the model anywhere. I've seen the photos of it but that's it. I'm looking to get one like his because it looks so cool, and I'm pretty sure anything would be better than my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 for playing SC2. I just don't wanna leave my natural ergonomic keyboard because well, it's ergonomic so it's good for my wrists.

Is the Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard USB Cherry MX Blue Key Switch any good? Or this Cherry blue keyboard?


I know which keyboard and what switch.
CM STORM QUICK FIRE TK BROWN SWITCH CONFIRM ON HIS STREAM. =)

Oooh he said? Guess it's still not released to the market yet... http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_273_274&item_id=055709

On April 15 2013 06:42 Ropid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2013 03:47 xChromaticx wrote:
Opinions on the Cherry G80-3000? It's only 45€ and looks pretty good, im about to buy this one, should i?

It feels pretty flimsy compared to the heavy keyboards that use a metal plate. The price is probably fair. There's nothing broken about the keyboard, it's just a different design. There are old Cherry keyboards that lasted over a decade.

You should know the keyboard sold as "soft tactile" (or something along those lines) is not a brown MX switch. It's a "clear" MX switch that's about as heavy as the black switches. The keyboards sold as "click" and "linear" are normal blue and black switches.

I didn't like the labeling on the black Cherry G80-3000 I have. It uses thick white paint and you can feel the raised labels. I don't know if that's the case with all black Cherry G80-3000. The light gray ones are lasered and I like that better.

While it doesn't have n-key rollover, I don't really remember terrible problems playing FPS games with crouching, sprinting, etc. while using WASD as the movement keys with weapons and stuff on QERF12345ZXCV and CapsLock for push-to-talk.

What is n key rollover? And unlimited multi-key input?

I played with some mechanical keyboards today, such as the CMStorm with their different switches. Loved it. So sad I would have to ditch my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic though..
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
April 15 2013 02:02 GMT
#5519
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)#n-key_rollover

Not a big deal when compared to a board that has like 6 key rollover or w/e
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
kuruptt
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada168 Posts
April 15 2013 08:26 GMT
#5520
For the people that don't have trouble with double tapping means they aren't pressing the keys fast enough or they are letting there fingers go off completely before they press it again.....if you spam a lot you definitely shouldn't get blues. Blues are just generally bad for gaming. There is a reason why most of the top sc2 players use reds/blacks. Reds are the best though hands down after trying blacks and blues heavily.
Prev 1 274 275 276 277 278 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6992
Rain 3702
Leta 2437
Soulkey 418
Soma 343
BeSt 297
Rush 213
Barracks 169
soO 162
firebathero 155
[ Show more ]
Stork 104
Sexy 56
Killer 44
Shinee 33
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 17
HiyA 15
Sharp 12
sorry 10
Terrorterran 5
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3560
XcaliburYe172
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns25093
WinterStarcraft638
Pyrionflax193
Sick158
singsing5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 67
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos2405
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
39m
Patches Events
5h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 39m
OSC
13h 39m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.