• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:24
CEST 22:24
KST 05:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10810 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 148

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 653 Next
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 21:11:33
May 30 2012 21:11 GMT
#2941
On May 31 2012 06:04 candyshopgirl wrote:
is it normal to have 60 Fps in meny in sc2 and have 120 in 4vs4?


The menu is framecapped so you don't pointlessly melt your GPU. The game won't have a limit unless you set one through variables or Vsync.
Wabbit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1028 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 21:12:05
May 30 2012 21:11 GMT
#2942
On May 31 2012 06:07 chroniX wrote:
According to the asrock site it supports ivy bridge with an update. but how do i do the update without working cpu?


Bingo! You can't. You'd have to buy a Sandy Bridge chip. So why spend $40 on a Celeron? Just get a B75 or H77 motherboard.
The answers to most of your Tech Support questions are in the OP. That's why you're not getting a reply. It's been answered before. Read the OP.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 21:15:58
May 30 2012 21:14 GMT
#2943
On May 31 2012 01:06 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 00:40 JingleHell wrote:
On May 30 2012 23:59 infinity21 wrote:
What's the easiest way to achieve a triple monitor setup if I have a nvidia gtx 260? Would getting a new graphics card be the cheapest solution? I have one of those smaller cases/mobos so I'm not sure if getting a 2nd graphics card is possible (will have to check when I get home).


If you mean for gaming, you really need multi-GPU to pull it off well. (Before Toast shows up arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm not saying you can't do Eyefinity on a single AMD GPU, it's just that the resolution is going to make playing at proper settings and framerate at the same time pretty much impossible, and tons of screen real estate at lowest settings is just pretty fucking stupid.)

If you mean multiple displays for 2d mode, you still need a multi-GPU setup, or an AMD card. Nvidia doesn't support 3 displays off a single GPU yet, unless they've started it in the 600s.

However, non-gaming mutli-GPU doesn't require matching cards, so you can slap in some cheapo shit if you want, just as long as they're both from the same company. I wouldn't want to try mixing drivers, even if there's some screwy way to do one each of AMD and Nvidia.


I'm not going to argue when you're right.

There's some other funky setups you can do. I remember at my last job setting up a PC that had a dual monitor video card and concurrently used the onboard video device for the third monitor; though I have no idea how we did that. Though I remember it took like 30 minutes to get Windows to properly order each of the monitors. Was a pain in the friggin ass.

I would still game off 1 monitor but I want other stuff to be visible. The reason I want a 3rd monitor is because I have a laptop that I want to connect it to at times and I don't want to be fumbling around changing inputs. I think 260 is still a pretty decent card (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't want to replace it completely right away. I'm not sure my PSU can handle a second GPU either.. I can't recall any of the specs atm haha. Would getting some super cheap NVIDIA card work? I hope it fits in my mobo. Maybe the solution is to stick to a 2 monitor setup and upgrade to a AMD card or a 600+ series in a year or just upgrade my entire PC.

edit: I guess what I'm trying to ask for is what my options are so I can look at the approx. cost and benefits before making a decision.
Official Entusman #21
chroniX
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
517 Posts
May 30 2012 21:18 GMT
#2944
On May 31 2012 06:11 Wabbit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 06:07 chroniX wrote:
According to the asrock site it supports ivy bridge with an update. but how do i do the update without working cpu?


Bingo! You can't. You'd have to buy a Sandy Bridge chip. So why spend $40 on a Celeron? Just get a B75 or H77 motherboard.


Celeron, what do you mean with that?

On buying a newer chip, well thats what i have here now...I could go to my next computer shop and ask them if they could update my mainboard , right? Put a sandy bridge on it, flash, go back home and profit?
Wabbit
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1028 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 21:26:33
May 30 2012 21:25 GMT
#2945
On May 31 2012 06:18 chroniX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 06:11 Wabbit wrote:
On May 31 2012 06:07 chroniX wrote:
According to the asrock site it supports ivy bridge with an update. but how do i do the update without working cpu?


Bingo! You can't. You'd have to buy a Sandy Bridge chip. So why spend $40 on a Celeron? Just get a B75 or H77 motherboard.


Celeron, what do you mean with that?

On buying a newer chip, well thats what i have here now...I could go to my next computer shop and ask them if they could update my mainboard , right? Put a sandy bridge on it, flash, go back home and profit?


Okay, so we need to clarify some things. Is this true?

1. You already have that motherboard
2. You want to get an i5 3450

Yes, you can go and ask them to flash your bios. Otherwise you might as well get an i5 2400 or 2500.

By "Celeron" I was referring to the cheapest possible Sandy Bridge chip that can be used for LGA 1155 (Celeron G440) - to be used to flash your BIOS. But it wouldn't make much sense to spend ~$40 on it just to flash the BIOS when you could just get an i5 2400/2500 instead.
The answers to most of your Tech Support questions are in the OP. That's why you're not getting a reply. It's been answered before. Read the OP.
chroniX
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
517 Posts
May 30 2012 21:30 GMT
#2946
On May 31 2012 06:25 Wabbit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 06:18 chroniX wrote:
On May 31 2012 06:11 Wabbit wrote:
On May 31 2012 06:07 chroniX wrote:
According to the asrock site it supports ivy bridge with an update. but how do i do the update without working cpu?


Bingo! You can't. You'd have to buy a Sandy Bridge chip. So why spend $40 on a Celeron? Just get a B75 or H77 motherboard.


Celeron, what do you mean with that?

On buying a newer chip, well thats what i have here now...I could go to my next computer shop and ask them if they could update my mainboard , right? Put a sandy bridge on it, flash, go back home and profit?


Okay, so we need to clarify some things. Is this true?

1. You already have that motherboard
2. You want to get an i5 3450

Yes, you can go and ask them to flash your bios. Otherwise you might as well get an i5 2400 or 2500.

By "Celeron" I was referring to the cheapest possible Sandy Bridge chip that can be used for LGA 1155 (Celeron G440) - to be used to flash your BIOS. But it wouldn't make much sense to spend ~$40 on it just to flash the BIOS when you could just get an i5 2400/2500 instead.


Okay i will try to get it updated then. Thank you for the answers!

JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 30 2012 22:02 GMT
#2947
On May 31 2012 06:14 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 01:06 TheToast wrote:
On May 31 2012 00:40 JingleHell wrote:
On May 30 2012 23:59 infinity21 wrote:
What's the easiest way to achieve a triple monitor setup if I have a nvidia gtx 260? Would getting a new graphics card be the cheapest solution? I have one of those smaller cases/mobos so I'm not sure if getting a 2nd graphics card is possible (will have to check when I get home).


If you mean for gaming, you really need multi-GPU to pull it off well. (Before Toast shows up arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm not saying you can't do Eyefinity on a single AMD GPU, it's just that the resolution is going to make playing at proper settings and framerate at the same time pretty much impossible, and tons of screen real estate at lowest settings is just pretty fucking stupid.)

If you mean multiple displays for 2d mode, you still need a multi-GPU setup, or an AMD card. Nvidia doesn't support 3 displays off a single GPU yet, unless they've started it in the 600s.

However, non-gaming mutli-GPU doesn't require matching cards, so you can slap in some cheapo shit if you want, just as long as they're both from the same company. I wouldn't want to try mixing drivers, even if there's some screwy way to do one each of AMD and Nvidia.


I'm not going to argue when you're right.

There's some other funky setups you can do. I remember at my last job setting up a PC that had a dual monitor video card and concurrently used the onboard video device for the third monitor; though I have no idea how we did that. Though I remember it took like 30 minutes to get Windows to properly order each of the monitors. Was a pain in the friggin ass.

I would still game off 1 monitor but I want other stuff to be visible. The reason I want a 3rd monitor is because I have a laptop that I want to connect it to at times and I don't want to be fumbling around changing inputs. I think 260 is still a pretty decent card (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't want to replace it completely right away. I'm not sure my PSU can handle a second GPU either.. I can't recall any of the specs atm haha. Would getting some super cheap NVIDIA card work? I hope it fits in my mobo. Maybe the solution is to stick to a 2 monitor setup and upgrade to a AMD card or a 600+ series in a year or just upgrade my entire PC.

edit: I guess what I'm trying to ask for is what my options are so I can look at the approx. cost and benefits before making a decision.


Yes, for purely 2d shit on the extra monitors, you can slap in a cheapass nvidia card and it should be fine, assuming you have the slots. As for a 260 still being "pretty decent", well, with hardware that old it falls into subjective turf.
sLBoGoRoH
Profile Joined January 2012
Netherlands126 Posts
May 30 2012 22:29 GMT
#2948
Razer BlackWidow vs SteelSeries 6Gv2 which 1?
xeo1
Profile Joined October 2011
United States429 Posts
May 31 2012 00:57 GMT
#2949
Logitech G1 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOGITECH-G1-Gaming-Optical-Mouse-BULK-1000dpi-/260811154253?pt=Mice&hash=item3cb98e634d#ht_3610wt_1163)

or

G400? (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104577)
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 01:21:01
May 31 2012 01:16 GMT
#2950
i'm trying to set up a simple home audio. not anything fancy. just a pair of bookshelf speakers. but i have a question regarding the connection between the speakers and an mp3 player (using a typical headphone jack).

i'm looking to buy this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290200

the problem is that its input is Dual (bi-amp) 5 way binding posts, which i have no idea what it's used for (i'm quite new at this home audio thing - if you have a better suggestion than bookshelf speakers @ ~$150 budget please do tell, i'm up for suggestions) . my main concern is that will it work with an mp3 player, and what adapter would i need?

thanks in advance
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
May 31 2012 01:25 GMT
#2951
They need a separate amplifier to power them because they are passive speakers. If you just want a pair of bookshelf speakers, you probably want active speakers like a pair of Audioengine A2s or A5s. Google both of these terms and you should understand what the difference is.

A decent amplifier will cost more than those speakers.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
May 31 2012 01:26 GMT
#2952
On May 31 2012 07:02 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 06:14 infinity21 wrote:
On May 31 2012 01:06 TheToast wrote:
On May 31 2012 00:40 JingleHell wrote:
On May 30 2012 23:59 infinity21 wrote:
What's the easiest way to achieve a triple monitor setup if I have a nvidia gtx 260? Would getting a new graphics card be the cheapest solution? I have one of those smaller cases/mobos so I'm not sure if getting a 2nd graphics card is possible (will have to check when I get home).


If you mean for gaming, you really need multi-GPU to pull it off well. (Before Toast shows up arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm not saying you can't do Eyefinity on a single AMD GPU, it's just that the resolution is going to make playing at proper settings and framerate at the same time pretty much impossible, and tons of screen real estate at lowest settings is just pretty fucking stupid.)

If you mean multiple displays for 2d mode, you still need a multi-GPU setup, or an AMD card. Nvidia doesn't support 3 displays off a single GPU yet, unless they've started it in the 600s.

However, non-gaming mutli-GPU doesn't require matching cards, so you can slap in some cheapo shit if you want, just as long as they're both from the same company. I wouldn't want to try mixing drivers, even if there's some screwy way to do one each of AMD and Nvidia.


I'm not going to argue when you're right.

There's some other funky setups you can do. I remember at my last job setting up a PC that had a dual monitor video card and concurrently used the onboard video device for the third monitor; though I have no idea how we did that. Though I remember it took like 30 minutes to get Windows to properly order each of the monitors. Was a pain in the friggin ass.

I would still game off 1 monitor but I want other stuff to be visible. The reason I want a 3rd monitor is because I have a laptop that I want to connect it to at times and I don't want to be fumbling around changing inputs. I think 260 is still a pretty decent card (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't want to replace it completely right away. I'm not sure my PSU can handle a second GPU either.. I can't recall any of the specs atm haha. Would getting some super cheap NVIDIA card work? I hope it fits in my mobo. Maybe the solution is to stick to a 2 monitor setup and upgrade to a AMD card or a 600+ series in a year or just upgrade my entire PC.

edit: I guess what I'm trying to ask for is what my options are so I can look at the approx. cost and benefits before making a decision.


Yes, for purely 2d shit on the extra monitors, you can slap in a cheapass nvidia card and it should be fine, assuming you have the slots. As for a 260 still being "pretty decent", well, with hardware that old it falls into subjective turf.

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I'll grab something really cheap over the weekend and see if that works. I'll likely be building a new PC in a year or so when I graduate and have a full time job. My desktop is just over 2 years old (got it during sc2 beta) so I want to wait at least 1 more year before upgrading.
Official Entusman #21
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
May 31 2012 01:27 GMT
#2953
On May 31 2012 07:29 sLBoGoRoH wrote:
Razer BlackWidow vs SteelSeries 6Gv2 which 1?

Blackwidow = blue SS 6gv2 = black. Personal preferences on the keys, but SS has better build quality. SS imo.


On May 31 2012 09:57 xeo1 wrote:
Logitech G1 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOGITECH-G1-Gaming-Optical-Mouse-BULK-1000dpi-/260811154253?pt=Mice&hash=item3cb98e634d#ht_3610wt_1163)

or

G400? (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104577)

G400 imo.

<3 Kim Taeyeon
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 01:44:57
May 31 2012 01:27 GMT
#2954
I have a question regarding Windows 7:

Is it possible to allow files in the task bar to be listed in a "list" rather than a "tile" like Windows XP (Vista too) and before?

I tried using 7 and whenever I click say Folders with multiple folders opened (for example), it would list them in a "tile" with thumbnails.

However I want it to be listed in a list (like in XP and Vista) with just text.


Now on to my second point (not a question but sort of a semi rant):

Also vote here: https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details

I honestly also don't know why Microsoft disabled the ability to disable auto arrange.

As someone who does a lot of modding or work in general in the computer, it would be really tedious to have to work with everything automatically auto arranging. There are work arounds (like certain registry hacks or using your desktop as your workspace which can get really messy) but I'd pay money to have the feature back >.> (it's like Firefox's new "switch to tab" feature, yes you can live with it and there are work arounds but why is everything becoming automaticated lately)?

Time to do my favorite thing - Video game comparisons!
+ Show Spoiler +

In Counter-Strike 1.6, competitive and more hardcore players would always turn off the GUI and do simple text display for buying weapons or changing teams.

The automatic auto arrange or "switch to tab feature" (that can't be turned off without addons in Firefox) would be equilavent to say your Sentries in SC2 automatically forcefielding when you hover your mouse over a ramp (regardless if enemies are present or not).

Another example - Anyone know about Elective mode in Diablo III and how it's turned off by default? (By default, Diablo III doesn't allow you to pick skills from the same skill tree because apparently people may be too dumb and pick all defensive or offensive skills).

Imagine if that existed in Starcraft II - Imagine as Terran you're building marines then you suddenly can't for some reason (even with enough supply + resources), you get an error message - "You can't produce any more marines, you need more medivacs to produce marines because medivacs go good with marines".

This is what's happening to Operating Systems and Browsers now - Everything is becoming automated because the dev apparently thinks users are too dumb to know how to do things or be effecient on their own (like Firefox's "instead of going to the same page you already have opened [like google maps which would be handy, OR a video where I want to check different points of the video at the same time, OR a strategy guide that lists its walkthrough and its item database on the same link/page in which case I'd want to have two instances of that site open, OR I want to quickly open five pages of a wiki to explore different areas real quick but I can't because of "switch to tab". Fortunately in the last case, I simply click on the banner or main page link *"click open in new tab or window"... at least for now...], let me simply switch the tab to the one you already have open").

(If it got lost in the wall of text, "Switch To Tab" is a "feature" that automatically forces you to switch to the tab you already opened if you are trying to enter a site which is already opened. For example if I had "teamliquid.net" already opened and I open a new tab/window and type "teamliquid.net", instead of going to that site, it simply switches to the site I have already opened. I know this feature might be useful to some if they have a ton of pages opened but for a lot of others, it's a feature that can become tedious to deal with or work around.)

*In before Mozilla forces the "Switch to new tab" to also apply to "Open in new window/tab" >.>.

So if anyone from Microsoft and/or Mozilla is reading this, please fix and allow users to turn off automatic "we know better than you" (like force auto arrange in folders in windows 7+ or "switch to tab" in Firefox) features.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
xeo1
Profile Joined October 2011
United States429 Posts
May 31 2012 01:35 GMT
#2955
On May 31 2012 10:27 iKill[ShocK] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 07:29 sLBoGoRoH wrote:
Razer BlackWidow vs SteelSeries 6Gv2 which 1?

Blackwidow = blue SS 6gv2 = black. Personal preferences on the keys, but SS has better build quality. SS imo.


Show nested quote +
On May 31 2012 09:57 xeo1 wrote:
Logitech G1 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOGITECH-G1-Gaming-Optical-Mouse-BULK-1000dpi-/260811154253?pt=Mice&hash=item3cb98e634d#ht_3610wt_1163)

or

G400? (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104577)

G400 imo.



I already ordered G1, but prolly going to get the G400 also. what do you think about kinzu v2?
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
May 31 2012 01:46 GMT
#2956
The thing about mouse is that its hard to find one that completely comfortable with you. That's why when im mouse shopping i shop at a local store where i can return the ones i dont like/feel comfortable with. If you ordered the g1 already then wait until it arrives and see how it feels, if its comfortable then keep it, no need for other mouses.
<3 Kim Taeyeon
billy5000
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States865 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 02:07:18
May 31 2012 01:56 GMT
#2957
On May 31 2012 10:25 Womwomwom wrote:
They need a separate amplifier to power them because they are passive speakers. If you just want a pair of bookshelf speakers, you probably want active speakers like a pair of Audioengine A2s or A5s. Google both of these terms and you should understand what the difference is.

A decent amplifier will cost more than those speakers.


i see. since i'll be taking the active speaker route anyway, a question comes to mind. i have an old pentium 4 desktop with a monitor that i never use. do you think that buying a sound card, and speakers with the leftover budget may be a better choice in terms of sound quality? i'm not sure how much of a difference a sound card will make.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand. Vonnegut
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
May 31 2012 02:26 GMT
#2958
Personally I would get the speakers first then deal with the sound card later if you think you need it. The speakers are going to be the most important thing, I think.
xeo1
Profile Joined October 2011
United States429 Posts
May 31 2012 03:43 GMT
#2959
what could cause my screen to flash a black streak as I move around? my pc is brand new, i5 3570k/z77/8gb ram/gtx 460/430W. someone said I might have to match the game to my monitor's refresh rate or something like that.
PviLLe3
Profile Joined January 2012
United States305 Posts
May 31 2012 04:07 GMT
#2960
hi , for some reason my tower isnt sending a signal to my monitor, the monitor definately works, i hooked it up to my laptop. a friend of mine told me to unplug my gpu and try connecting the monitor straight to my mobo to see if my gpu is busted but that also didnt work. anyone have an idea on what it might be? thanks in advance for the help

my computer was working fine for the last 3-4 months ive had it i went away for 2 nights sunday, come home and it wont fire up, its normally on daily.
Prev 1 146 147 148 149 150 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason177
BRAT_OK 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16087
Artosis 897
ZZZero.O 79
Hyun 41
Bale 24
NaDa 22
Dota 2
qojqva2696
League of Legends
Doublelift2885
JimRising 222
Counter-Strike
Fnx 740
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5786
Khaldor1258
Liquid`Hasu986
Other Games
summit1g7098
FrodaN2533
B2W.Neo735
ToD253
KnowMe149
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1372
BasetradeTV265
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 32
• Hupsaiya 12
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie889
• Shiphtur243
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 36m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.