• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:31
CEST 09:31
KST 16:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7207 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 137

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 653 Next
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
May 19 2012 01:24 GMT
#2721
Is there a way to have Chrome save your user/pass in incognito?
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
May 19 2012 03:54 GMT
#2722
I can't believe it took Acer so long to fix heating for Acer Aspire 5750G. I had to install latest bios which is 1.20. Does anyone know where I can find changelog?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
May 19 2012 04:43 GMT
#2723
On May 19 2012 12:54 darkness wrote:
I can't believe it took Acer so long to fix heating for Acer Aspire 5750G. I had to install latest bios which is 1.20. Does anyone know where I can find changelog?


I don't see one, nor does it look like any type of readme is included in the binary file.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
May 19 2012 09:27 GMT
#2724
Did a format of my hard drive yesterday and I am now running into this problem.

After installing my GPU drivers my PC no longer recognizes the Monitor as if I turned the monitor on when the PC is off. It does display everything while it's booting but when it's finished booting the screen goes black.

What damn stupid mistake did I make? It is plugged in by the way.

After starting with a clean windows install the procedure has been the following.
1- Install LAN Driver from the Motherboard CD
2- Install Anti Virus
3- Run Windows Update
4- Install GPU Driver
5- Problems
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
May 19 2012 09:32 GMT
#2725
On May 19 2012 18:27 Wroshe wrote:
Did a format of my hard drive yesterday and I am now running into this problem.

After installing my GPU drivers my PC no longer recognizes the Monitor as if I turned the monitor on when the PC is off. It does display everything while it's booting but when it's finished booting the screen goes black.

What damn stupid mistake did I make? It is plugged in by the way.

After starting with a clean windows install the procedure has been the following.
1- Install LAN Driver from the Motherboard CD
2- Install Anti Virus
3- Run Windows Update
4- Install GPU Driver
5- Problems

What happens if you boot in safe mode?
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
May 19 2012 09:52 GMT
#2726
On May 19 2012 18:32 gruff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 18:27 Wroshe wrote:
Did a format of my hard drive yesterday and I am now running into this problem.

After installing my GPU drivers my PC no longer recognizes the Monitor as if I turned the monitor on when the PC is off. It does display everything while it's booting but when it's finished booting the screen goes black.

What damn stupid mistake did I make? It is plugged in by the way.

After starting with a clean windows install the procedure has been the following.
1- Install LAN Driver from the Motherboard CD
2- Install Anti Virus
3- Run Windows Update
4- Install GPU Driver
5- Problems

What happens if you boot in safe mode?

I can boot in safe mode. Not sure what use that is because I can't access the ATI Catalyst Control center through there.

For the record: I am using an ATI HD5850 on a Windows 7 64bit machine which means that these should be the appropriate drivers: link.
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
May 19 2012 10:42 GMT
#2727
On May 19 2012 12:54 darkness wrote:
I can't believe it took Acer so long to fix heating for Acer Aspire 5750G. I had to install latest bios which is 1.20. Does anyone know where I can find changelog?


Fix? They probably underclocked something in order to somewhat save the lifespan of the computers with newer bioses. Laptops aren't made for gaming and especially not laptops from Acer.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 11:28:55
May 19 2012 11:26 GMT
#2728
On May 18 2012 16:58 Bleak wrote:
I lost my internet connection this morning while playing D3. Then, I resetted my modem and even though all lights were green and working, I still had no connection. After that I called customer support service, and after making some tests (including the tracert one which gave request timed out messages) she told me that there might be an issue either with my modem or my computer's ethernet board. I decided to try rebooting the computer just to see if it worked and...it worked.

So is this something I should be worried about, or just some random stupid bug/glitch that happens once in a while?


I'm having this issue occassionally while playing Diablo 3 now. I haven't tested other online games, but for browsing I had no issues and from time to time I can play D3 for hours without any issue. What could my problem be?

It usually fixes itself after a reboot.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 15:16:39
May 19 2012 15:01 GMT
#2729
On May 19 2012 19:42 Shauni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 12:54 darkness wrote:
I can't believe it took Acer so long to fix heating for Acer Aspire 5750G. I had to install latest bios which is 1.20. Does anyone know where I can find changelog?


Fix? They probably underclocked something in order to somewhat save the lifespan of the computers with newer bioses. Laptops aren't made for gaming and especially not laptops from Acer.


My assumption is the fan of Acer Aspire 5750G didn't kick in when it was needed, so this bios addressed the issue by activating the fan earlier. Of course, I might be wrong. However, when I put my hand next to where the fan is, it's colder than before... it used to heat too much even if it was just linux compiling instead of gaming.

I can't say much though because, for some reason, Acer hasn't included any changelog for the last 2 bios versions.
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
May 19 2012 15:48 GMT
#2730
Is it possible to use the ultimate steal to install WIn7 onto a blank HD for a build? I have read the microsft forums and found that the ultimate steal can only be used on systems that have vista or Win7 home basic (upgrade only).
For the Dominion!
TheMooseHeed
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom535 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 15:59:55
May 19 2012 15:59 GMT
#2731
Would adding a second fan to my aftermarket heatsink see any significant improvement in cpu cooling?

Would adding a second case fan see any significant improvement in gpu cooling?
''Swarm hosts are the worst thing in the world, I mean terrorism is pretty bad but swarmhosts are worse'' IdrA on ZvZ
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 19 2012 16:13 GMT
#2732
On May 20 2012 00:59 TheMooseHeed wrote:
Would adding a second fan to my aftermarket heatsink see any significant improvement in cpu cooling?

Would adding a second case fan see any significant improvement in gpu cooling?


These are not simple questions. The answer to both is a definite maybe. Cooling is a situational clusterfuck unless you build with specific cooling solutions in mind from the beginning.
TheMooseHeed
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom535 Posts
May 19 2012 16:18 GMT
#2733
Ok thanks.

While your here Mr Hell I was also have a question about voltages. Is it inherent high voltage that causes cpu lifespan to decrease or the heat that this high voltage creates?

Also I have no more mounts left with my after market heatsink. Could I just tape it or make a makeshift mounting device?
''Swarm hosts are the worst thing in the world, I mean terrorism is pretty bad but swarmhosts are worse'' IdrA on ZvZ
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
May 19 2012 16:50 GMT
#2734
Does anyone have an idea how to request BIOS changelog for (notebook) Acer Aspire 5750G? I don't see how I can ask Acer BG or Acer UK. All they provide is repair service e-mail which isn't needed I think.
candyshopgirl
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden28 Posts
May 19 2012 16:50 GMT
#2735
i have dell x58 in my i7. can i put 2 G.Skill 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz Ripjaws X Performance?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 19 2012 16:51 GMT
#2736
On May 20 2012 01:18 TheMooseHeed wrote:
Ok thanks.

While your here Mr Hell I was also have a question about voltages. Is it inherent high voltage that causes cpu lifespan to decrease or the heat that this high voltage creates?

Also I have no more mounts left with my after market heatsink. Could I just tape it or make a makeshift mounting device?


Yes to both on the first.

Not really suggested on the second. You don't want it to come loose, and most tape can't handle heat+vibration. If you want to rig some shit, I suggest using RTV Silicon (Room temperature vulcanizing) like you can buy at a car parts store for making gaskets with. It's designed to handle heat and vibration, can be used like superglue to mount a fan (you can reinforce with a bit of paper clip used like rebar if you want).

Otherwise, see if you can just buy a kit to mount an extra fan. A lot of manufacturers will sell one.
TheMooseHeed
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom535 Posts
May 19 2012 17:14 GMT
#2737
Thanks! I will do
''Swarm hosts are the worst thing in the world, I mean terrorism is pretty bad but swarmhosts are worse'' IdrA on ZvZ
OneBaseKing
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Afghanistan412 Posts
May 19 2012 18:36 GMT
#2738
I OC'd my CPU to 3.8 Ghz from 3.4 Ghz. But the system settings detect the CPU speed as 3.5 Ghz while the program CPU-Z detects it as 3792.77 mhz... Did I OC it right?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
May 19 2012 18:38 GMT
#2739
On May 20 2012 03:36 bbrian wrote:
I OC'd my CPU to 3.8 Ghz from 3.4 Ghz. But the system settings detect the CPU speed as 3.5 Ghz while the program CPU-Z detects it as 3792.77 mhz... Did I OC it right?


One is telling you the default, the other one is telling the truth. Normal. As for whether you did it right? Kinda hard to know without knowing your settings, temps, and stability.
TheMooseHeed
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom535 Posts
May 19 2012 18:42 GMT
#2740
On May 20 2012 03:38 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 03:36 bbrian wrote:
I OC'd my CPU to 3.8 Ghz from 3.4 Ghz. But the system settings detect the CPU speed as 3.5 Ghz while the program CPU-Z detects it as 3792.77 mhz... Did I OC it right?


One is telling you the default, the other one is telling the truth. Normal. As for whether you did it right? Kinda hard to know without knowing your settings, temps, and stability.


I had this same problem. Just search check processor speed in the windows search bar and it gives you a realistic number
''Swarm hosts are the worst thing in the world, I mean terrorism is pretty bad but swarmhosts are worse'' IdrA on ZvZ
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 653 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 743
Hyun 55
NotJumperer 42
Bale 34
Killer 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto173
League of Legends
JimRising 525
Counter-Strike
edward1
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g7974
Coldzera 719
olofmeister483
ceh9479
WinterStarcraft389
C9.Mang0280
Sick135
NeuroSwarm95
Happy39
ViBE24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1013
• Jankos632
• Stunt387
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 29m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.