• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10424 users

Dragon joins Team YP! - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-17 10:31:24
February 17 2016 10:00 GMT
#61
Because peepees and vaginers, sinners!

I see no choice but to boycot YouPorn in favor of PornHub, xHamster and SpankBang, God Bless.

Congrats to Dragon, good team for him I think.
I think esports is pretty nice.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 17 2016 10:04 GMT
#62
On February 17 2016 18:33 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 17:41 Steelo_Rivers wrote:
On February 17 2016 14:06 BronzeKnee wrote:
Pornography is a sideshow. Always has been, always will be.

If E-Sports wants to be legitimate, pornography sponsors are exactly what it doesn't need. What a step in the wrong direction.

Back in 2011, I really thought I'd be watching SC2 games on TV by now, with teams sponsored by Budweiser and stuff. Instead, I'm still watching games on streams with viewership that has declined, and teams sponsored by pornographers.

How could SC2 have been managed so poorly?

lol, you're a perfect example of the type of people that cause sponsors to not want anything to do with the scene. whenever anyone decided they wanted to step in and help, they had to be judged by the TL community first and the only ones to talk would be people like you who wanted to complain, start witch hunts, and chase the sponsors/players off with your illogical thinking. How exactly is a beer company sponsoring a team any different than a porn company? If anything, porn would be more accepted right? I don't remember porn causing accidents, unruly behavior, and other problems that break up families. Also, the legal age for viewing porn in most states is 18 (lower in some others). The legal age for drinking is 21 and you're concerned about the minors who watch and see the letters "YP"? Sounds hypocritical to me. Maybe I'm not being logical here because my jimmies have been rustled a bit, but don't you think you're part of the problem with your way of thinking?

I've never understand what's so wrong with pornography. It's a legitimate business.

What he probably means - and I agree with him on that - is that you'd never see a real sports team sponsored by YouPorn, while you see teams sponsored by alcohol or tobacco brands ; and the legitimacy of eSports in the eyes of the public will be built by adhering to traditional sports' standards - TV coverage instead of just streams, big sponsors like Samsung, SKTelekom or Acer, events happening in large live venue instead of small studios and being scheduled at least half a year in advance, etc - instead of staying in our own little Twitch culture that is not accessible for laymen.

You could even go further : eSports' legitimacy will be built by synchronising its core values with those of traditional sports ; that's why people like Zest are better ambassadors for eSports than unfit Samsung players. And here having a team sponsored by YouPorn is not really in accordance with sports' traditional values.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
February 17 2016 10:07 GMT
#63
On February 17 2016 14:06 BronzeKnee wrote:
Pornography is a sideshow. Always has been, always will be.

If E-Sports wants to be legitimate, pornography sponsors are exactly what it doesn't need. What a step in the wrong direction.

Back in 2011, I really thought I'd be watching SC2 games on TV by now, with teams sponsored by Budweiser and stuff. Instead, I'm still watching games on streams with viewership that has declined, and teams sponsored by pornographers.

How could SC2 have been managed so poorly?

Why would esports need TV? It's an outdated medium, internet streams are the real thing now.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-17 10:23:55
February 17 2016 10:22 GMT
#64
On February 17 2016 19:04 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 18:33 deacon.frost wrote:
On February 17 2016 17:41 Steelo_Rivers wrote:
On February 17 2016 14:06 BronzeKnee wrote:
Pornography is a sideshow. Always has been, always will be.

If E-Sports wants to be legitimate, pornography sponsors are exactly what it doesn't need. What a step in the wrong direction.

Back in 2011, I really thought I'd be watching SC2 games on TV by now, with teams sponsored by Budweiser and stuff. Instead, I'm still watching games on streams with viewership that has declined, and teams sponsored by pornographers.

How could SC2 have been managed so poorly?

lol, you're a perfect example of the type of people that cause sponsors to not want anything to do with the scene. whenever anyone decided they wanted to step in and help, they had to be judged by the TL community first and the only ones to talk would be people like you who wanted to complain, start witch hunts, and chase the sponsors/players off with your illogical thinking. How exactly is a beer company sponsoring a team any different than a porn company? If anything, porn would be more accepted right? I don't remember porn causing accidents, unruly behavior, and other problems that break up families. Also, the legal age for viewing porn in most states is 18 (lower in some others). The legal age for drinking is 21 and you're concerned about the minors who watch and see the letters "YP"? Sounds hypocritical to me. Maybe I'm not being logical here because my jimmies have been rustled a bit, but don't you think you're part of the problem with your way of thinking?

I've never understand what's so wrong with pornography. It's a legitimate business.

What he probably means - and I agree with him on that - is that you'd never see a real sports team sponsored by YouPorn, while you see teams sponsored by alcohol or tobacco brands ; and the legitimacy of eSports in the eyes of the public will be built by adhering to traditional sports' standards - TV coverage instead of just streams, big sponsors like Samsung, SKTelekom or Acer, events happening in large live venue instead of small studios and being scheduled at least half a year in advance, etc - instead of staying in our own little Twitch culture that is not accessible for laymen.

You could even go further : eSports' legitimacy will be built by synchronising its core values with those of traditional sports ; that's why people like Zest are better ambassadors for eSports than unfit Samsung players. And here having a team sponsored by YouPorn is not really in accordance with sports' traditional values.

In "real" sports you don't have the target audience, though Which is young audience between 18 - 30, mostly male.

Also in "real" sports the money barrier to enter is actually pretty high. Their best bet is actually e-sport. It has the target audience which "Real" sports are missing and it has low entry barrier
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Ronski
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland266 Posts
February 17 2016 10:34 GMT
#65
Well in order to support Esports I will visit their sponsors website more often.
I am a tank. I am covered head to toe in solid plate mail. I carry a block of metal the size of a 4 door sedan to hide behind. If you see me running - you should too.
Paukum
Profile Joined August 2014
Norway60 Posts
February 17 2016 11:25 GMT
#66
On February 17 2016 15:58 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 15:55 chipmonklord17 wrote:
On February 17 2016 15:49 digmouse wrote:
Before someone asks, this means he probably can't play in any WCS event due to porn being a banned sponsor from WCS.


Does that include GSL/SSL? Is he even in Korea, I had no idea until today he was even still trying to be a player as opposed to just a streamer


I believe the WCS rulebook covers Korean events as well, but yeah I doubt this will matter as Dragon isn't exactly playing very competitively anyway.


Dragon seems to be pretty set on trying to qualify for code a, so it sort of matters.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
February 17 2016 11:39 GMT
#67
On February 17 2016 19:34 Ronski wrote:
Well in order to support Esports I will visit their sponsors website more often.

I support esports too^^
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
February 17 2016 11:44 GMT
#68
On February 17 2016 19:00 Saechiis wrote:
Because peepees and vaginers, sinners!

I see no choice but to boycot YouPorn in favor of PornHub, xHamster and SpankBang, God Bless.

Congrats to Dragon, good team for him I think.


Pornhub belongs to the same company then Youporn.

But know I get the irony...

Cool for Dragon. He never looked like the competitive guy, so I think he doesnt have to care about WCS and other Leagues. He will stick to online cups and his streaming seems to work for him, he has a quite decent viewer number.

When it comes to beer against porn, I dont mind both sides of sponsors. Beer is legal from +16 in Germany, porn from +18.
Porn is for me mainstream culture and entertainment, I dont see why sides like Brazzers (or here their free sister side YP) shoudlnt sponsor things and search for coustomers that way. I dont know any guy (and girl), who did not found and watched porn before they have become 18. Why should adds make this "worse"?
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
207aicila
Profile Joined January 2015
1237 Posts
February 17 2016 11:45 GMT
#69
On February 17 2016 14:06 BronzeKnee wrote:
Pornography is a sideshow. Always has been, always will be.

If E-Sports wants to be legitimate, pornography sponsors are exactly what it doesn't need. What a step in the wrong direction.

Back in 2011, I really thought I'd be watching SC2 games on TV by now, with teams sponsored by Budweiser and stuff. Instead, I'm still watching games on streams with viewership that has declined, and teams sponsored by pornographers.

How could SC2 have been managed so poorly?


What are you talking about, pornography is one of the most profitable industries out there and has been for decades.

mfw people who never followed BW speak about sAviOr as if they know anything... -___-''''
TL+ Member
jackacea
Profile Joined April 2014
66 Posts
February 17 2016 12:35 GMT
#70
When is it possible to change my favorite team to YP and have it as a signature?
praise kek
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
February 17 2016 14:34 GMT
#71
I dont know any guy (and girl), who did not found and watched porn before they have become 18. Why should adds make this "worse"?

I didnt watch any porn before I turned 18
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-17 14:42:37
February 17 2016 14:41 GMT
#72
I think it's a great deal, especially for YP! Mainly because of the target audience, lots of young and horny males! I'll make sure to put YP right next to my favorite ... Site with erotic material.
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-17 14:42:26
February 17 2016 14:42 GMT
#73
- Missed Edit Button -
Ace Frehley
Profile Joined December 2012
2030 Posts
February 17 2016 14:53 GMT
#74
I don't see how can this be a bad deal for YP
I doubt they are paying a lot of money to dragon, and dragon has a decent number of viewers and streams a lot

...
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-17 16:27:32
February 17 2016 15:03 GMT
#75
On February 17 2016 09:49 swissman777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 06:24 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
The team logo font is identical to YouPorn's logo, so there is some visibility. I don't know how viable is this investment, but many adult gamers probably already recognize YouPorn as the sponsor without being explicit about it. Only one person on this thread was not aware.

With all the adult sites out there, the competition must be stiff. Anything that puts more awareness on YouPorn, subtle or explicit, would be a good thing IMO.

Now mind you, I visit only 2 porno sites, YP and BYL, and on YP they stated they would sponsor esports teams, so this comes as no surprise. I guess to support YP I am going to subscribe for a month. Too bad we can't put in a code like G2A or Amazon that gives Dragon a small percentage of my subscription.


Hey, I wan't aware and I know you porn.... but I get the point. Still, if it is recognized by only those who know about it, how would you expect to sell your brand.... you have to make some profit

Well I don't think this sponsorship is meant to capture new audience. Probably more to entice the audience that already peruses mature content to become a bit more loyal (like me for instance).

To all the people that abhor porn or think its tasteless, I ask that you keep an open mind towards pornography. Its not just the sleazy underground debasing of woman by immoral men. And there are no more incidents of actual underage women performing in pornography. The porno industry is very strict about age, amongst other things. There are unions for adult entertainers that protect their rights, and no porn actor is forced to do anything they don't feel comfortable doing. The porn of the 70/80 is not the same as the porn we have today, well not exactly the same.

There are some very artistic pornography that focuses on the sensuality and seduction. The art of intercourse is actually very beautiful, if its done tastefully and with respect.

Mind you, there are still plenty of videos of the raunchy that focuses on slutty women being aggressively penetrated by men with exceptionally large penises.

There are also plenty that feel adult websites cheapens the e-sports scene, and don't want anything to do with this dirty money. Why should we be put on the same platform as traditional sports franchises? I think e-sports should have its own identity, and not rely on a previous formula. The 'standard' to reach mainstream is made up in our own heads because we see it done by example, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't set our own examples.

I don't know if this is a good move by YouPorn, but please don't judge things through stringent restrictions. Keep an open mind, and see how things unfold before laying down your stamp of disapproval.
HugoBallzak
Profile Joined November 2015
700 Posts
February 17 2016 15:15 GMT
#76
Would very much appreciate being able to rep YP's logo on my posts. Please and thank you team liquid. I believe we should show all sponsors who invest money in the sc2 scene the love the deserve.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
February 17 2016 15:19 GMT
#77
On February 17 2016 23:34 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
I dont know any guy (and girl), who did not found and watched porn before they have become 18. Why should adds make this "worse"?

I didnt watch any porn before I turned 18

The question is how are rated games their teams are playing? I remember Proleague turning off blood because of the rating of the show.

I don't mean games per se, but more the show that shows the game. SC2 is rated 13+ I think so 18+ adds could be problematic(maybe that's the root of the rule about no porn sponsorship)
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
February 17 2016 17:35 GMT
#78
On February 17 2016 23:53 Ace Frehley wrote:
I don't see how can this be a bad deal for YP
I doubt they are paying a lot of money to dragon, and dragon has a decent number of viewers and streams a lot



It's not your position to be thinking about these things in the first place lol. YP is sponsoring a sc2 player. That's good enough.
rip passion
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
February 17 2016 18:01 GMT
#79
I don't understand how this is a problem in 2016. What goes through the head of someone who puts into the rules of WCS that the player can't be sponsored by a porn company etc... I would understand this in Saudi Arabia, but I was under the (seemingly naive) impression that the "western world" is different.
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
mikumegurine
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada3145 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-17 18:04:52
February 17 2016 18:03 GMT
#80
is this the biggest team he has been on since Slayers?

Team YP sponsers alots of games, even fighting game players too

though some tournament streams dont allow the "YP" tag to be shown on stream cause of what it stands for
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings118
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 256
NeuroSwarm 201
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 162
hero 49
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1135
League of Legends
JimRising 719
Counter-Strike
taco 462
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King186
hungrybox112
Other Games
summit1g9181
Maynarde209
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick436
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 141
• practicex 12
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo981
• Rush930
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 13m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 13m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.