• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:05
CEST 08:05
KST 15:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9550 users

Dragon joins Team YP! - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
February 18 2016 05:29 GMT
#101
I looked at this website because I was like "Team YP... what the hell does YP stand for? Are they sponsored by YellowPages or something?"

So, I go to their website and can't see what YP stands for or who any of their sponsors are. Does anyone know the answer to these 2 questions?
WidowMineHero
Profile Joined September 2014
New Zealand143 Posts
February 18 2016 05:52 GMT
#102
Wait team YP is actually sponsored by an adult site?
"Time won't change anything, I will."
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
February 18 2016 06:09 GMT
#103
On February 17 2016 20:45 207aicila wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 14:06 BronzeKnee wrote:
Pornography is a sideshow. Always has been, always will be.

If E-Sports wants to be legitimate, pornography sponsors are exactly what it doesn't need. What a step in the wrong direction.

Back in 2011, I really thought I'd be watching SC2 games on TV by now, with teams sponsored by Budweiser and stuff. Instead, I'm still watching games on streams with viewership that has declined, and teams sponsored by pornographers.

How could SC2 have been managed so poorly?


What are you talking about, pornography is one of the most profitable industries out there and has been for decades.



Or not.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/things-are-looking-americas-porn-industry-n289431
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
February 18 2016 06:20 GMT
#104
On February 18 2016 11:52 swissman777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2016 03:53 Fecalfeast wrote:
So a legitimate company with money to burn sponsors e-sports yet people are using the product that company generates revenue from to say they shouldn't be a part of the scene.

I think Razer makes terrible peripherals, every single razer product I have owned has broken far too early in its life. I'd still be happy if they sponsored some SC2 players.

Just because you dislike the idea of consenting adults on camera without clothes on doesn't mean you should shun a sponsorship from such a company.

Using ur logic I guess we should welcome matchfixing mafias as sponsors too then huh


That's a ridiculous conclusion to reach.
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
February 18 2016 08:08 GMT
#105
On February 18 2016 14:29 G5 wrote:
I looked at this website because I was like "Team YP... what the hell does YP stand for? Are they sponsored by YellowPages or something?"

So, I go to their website and can't see what YP stands for or who any of their sponsors are. Does anyone know the answer to these 2 questions?

YP stands for YouPorn
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 10:20:47
February 18 2016 10:20 GMT
#106
On February 18 2016 04:58 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2016 04:53 OtherWorld wrote:
On February 18 2016 03:01 opisska wrote:
I don't understand how this is a problem in 2016. What goes through the head of someone who puts into the rules of WCS that the player can't be sponsored by a porn company etc... I would understand this in Saudi Arabia, but I was under the (seemingly naive) impression that the "western world" is different.

Because public relations.


Public relations with whom? Monks? Isn't this perpetual cycle of "problems" just in people's heads? Does this feared "public" even exist? If it does, do they even use internet?


On February 18 2016 08:20 phodacbiet wrote:
A lot of new gamers are kids and need their parents' money to buy games. Do you think parents would like it if little Jimmy's favorite player is sponsored by Pornhub? I mean it seems normal to us because we're basement dwellers, but the world isnt as progressive as people think. Porn is still a taboo in a lot of places. Everyone watches it, but they don't really talk about it or advertise it in public.
There's your answer. People like this guy. Note that he is American and uses words like "little Jimmy", "basement dweller" and conflates the world to consist solely of USA. Why tournament organisers seem to care is another question.
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
February 18 2016 10:33 GMT
#107
Gl to him
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
February 18 2016 14:06 GMT
#108
you know, the reason a lot of people disagree with porn isn't that they're morally uncomfortable with "consenting adults having sex for money," it's because the porn business is largely fueled by women who don't want to be doing it and need the money. so that's a pretty legitimate reason to be uncomfortable with the sponsorship

not saying they should be banned from having a team or anything (that would be ridiculous), but it's not a stretch to find it kind of disgusting lol
TL+ Member
207aicila
Profile Joined January 2015
1237 Posts
February 18 2016 14:49 GMT
#109
On February 18 2016 23:06 brickrd wrote:

it's because the porn business is largely fueled by women who don't want to be doing it and need the money.


Don't you love it when people post popular misconceptions and don't back them up with any proof or source? I sure do.
mfw people who never followed BW speak about sAviOr as if they know anything... -___-''''
TL+ Member
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
February 18 2016 15:03 GMT
#110
On February 18 2016 23:06 brickrd wrote:
you know, the reason a lot of people disagree with porn isn't that they're morally uncomfortable with "consenting adults having sex for money," it's because the porn business is largely fueled by women who don't want to be doing it and need the money. so that's a pretty legitimate reason to be uncomfortable with the sponsorship

not saying they should be banned from having a team or anything (that would be ridiculous), but it's not a stretch to find it kind of disgusting lol

Your statement needs facts to back that up.

There was a documentary on the porno industry, and your statement contradicts what many actors said about being in the industry. Sure they do it for the money, but they also enjoy having sex. Why not get paid for what you enjoy. No one forces them into doing it.

Porno of the past is not the same as today. Sure there are plenty of women in that situation, but to use the word 'largely' is a stretch.

Mind you, the comments from the documentary are anecdotal at best, so you could very well be right. However, without facts, your statement could be wrong as well.

I can't remember the documentary, it was shown on tv late one night, but they interviewed many actors and all of them said they are in this industry first because they enjoy sex, and second for the money.
207aicila
Profile Joined January 2015
1237 Posts
February 18 2016 15:10 GMT
#111
^ Not to mention many of the younger / newer pornstars (like Sasha Grey) have said similarly positive things about the industry in their interviews.

mfw people who never followed BW speak about sAviOr as if they know anything... -___-''''
TL+ Member
Ace Frehley
Profile Joined December 2012
2030 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 15:11:42
February 18 2016 15:10 GMT
#112
On February 18 2016 23:06 brickrd wrote:
it's because the porn business is largely fueled by women who don't want to be doing it and need the money

I bet in 99% of the jobs, people don't actually enjoy what they do, but they need money, so they do it.
...
Ace Frehley
Profile Joined December 2012
2030 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 15:11:24
February 18 2016 15:11 GMT
#113
double post
...
shanewatsn123
Profile Joined February 2016
1 Post
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 17:28:54
February 18 2016 17:26 GMT
#114
Bot edit.

User was banned for this post.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
February 18 2016 17:32 GMT
#115
I think anyone who complains that porn companies shouldn't be allowed to be legit sponsors because of the content they are based on should have to publicly release their browser history lel
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
February 18 2016 17:41 GMT
#116
On February 19 2016 02:32 Darkhorse wrote:
I think anyone who complains that porn companies shouldn't be allowed to be legit sponsors because of the content they are based on should have to publicly release their browser history lel

we have been given incognito modes for this exact reason
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 18:06:45
February 18 2016 17:45 GMT
#117
On February 19 2016 02:32 Darkhorse wrote:
I think anyone who complains that porn companies shouldn't be allowed to be legit sponsors because of the content they are based on should have to publicly release their browser history lel


Pornography is not good for a relationship or your sex life, just like cheeseburgers are bad for your health. Even though, mounds of research show that, people have shockling little self control when it comes to these things. But I don't really care what you do because it doesn't affect, but if releasing my history is all it takes for you to be wrong, here ya go (ignorant arguments are fun):


*Nevermind, I just realized my email address was shown in my history.*

I guess the people that saw my history can feel free to email me.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 18:10:53
February 18 2016 18:09 GMT
#118
On February 19 2016 02:45 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 02:32 Darkhorse wrote:
I think anyone who complains that porn companies shouldn't be allowed to be legit sponsors because of the content they are based on should have to publicly release their browser history lel


Pornography is not good for a relationship or your sex life, just like cheeseburgers are bad for your health. Even though, mounds of research show that, people have shockling little self control when it comes to these things. But I don't really care what you do because it doesn't affect, but if releasing my history is all it takes for you to be wrong, here ya go (ignorant arguments are fun):


*Nevermind, I just realized my email address was shown in my history.*

I guess the people that saw my history can feel free to email me.

Good god man. Obvious joke goes way over your head.

Also it's interesting that you equate cheeseburgers to porn, because McDonalds sponsors a shit ton of professional athletes and I don't hear any complaints from people about that lel
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
February 18 2016 18:14 GMT
#119
I too wonder how I would survive if I fell into a black hole.
rip passion
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 18:21:29
February 18 2016 18:16 GMT
#120
On February 19 2016 03:09 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 02:45 BronzeKnee wrote:
On February 19 2016 02:32 Darkhorse wrote:
I think anyone who complains that porn companies shouldn't be allowed to be legit sponsors because of the content they are based on should have to publicly release their browser history lel


Pornography is not good for a relationship or your sex life, just like cheeseburgers are bad for your health. Even though, mounds of research show that, people have shockling little self control when it comes to these things. But I don't really care what you do because it doesn't affect, but if releasing my history is all it takes for you to be wrong, here ya go (ignorant arguments are fun):


*Nevermind, I just realized my email address was shown in my history.*

I guess the people that saw my history can feel free to email me.

Good god man. Obvious joke goes way over your head.

Also it's interesting that you equate cheeseburgers to porn, because McDonalds sponsors a shit ton of professional athletes and I don't hear any complaints from people about that lel


You just don't talk to me enough brah to hear those complaints.

And it didn't go over my head man (though I do think mebe mine went over your head), I just took it a step further. Jokes are more funny when they are true. Make it true. Now where is your history? I wanna see if you like shemales.

Show me how okay it is.

On February 19 2016 03:14 Deathstar wrote:
I too wonder how I would survive if I fell into a black hole.


Ya know, that was a great article.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 171
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 482
hero 454
BeSt 252
Mind 33
Terrorterran 20
Bale 18
ZergMaN 11
Noble 11
yabsab 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1081
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g9207
ArmadaUGS48
Livibee40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick491
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2252
League of Legends
• Rush1398
• Stunt417
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 56m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.