I am 58 years old and have been playing CS for over twenty years, always for fun, though that doesn't stop me from following major international competitions with great enthusiasm. However, there is something that makes me sad.
To my dismay, I notice that when continents are geographically identified (whether on Liquipedia or HLTV), the flags used in some cases do not reflect reality. For example, a team from Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Ukraine, or Serbia (just to name a few) is represented by the EU flag, which is not a continental flag but rather an economic and monetary union, and the aforementioned countries are not part of it. Even worse, from my perspective, is that some Asian countries are geographically identified with the CIS flag, which is a military alliance. And I think that apart from these two continents, the others don't even have a flag.
That's when I had an idea. I decided to create — yes, I made them myself in Corel Draw, no AI involved in making them — a set of flags for each continent, plus one for multi-continental teams.
They can be viewed here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjD44mP
Not because they are mine, and I don't expect to gain anything from it, but it would be great if both Liquipedia and HLTV adopted this idea so that teams could be represented by the flags of their respective continents.
I don't know what your thoughts are on this topic.
Thanks for your feedback.