• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:05
CEST 08:05
KST 15:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9550 users

Dragon joins Team YP! - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
February 18 2016 18:21 GMT
#121
On February 19 2016 03:16 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 03:09 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 19 2016 02:45 BronzeKnee wrote:
On February 19 2016 02:32 Darkhorse wrote:
I think anyone who complains that porn companies shouldn't be allowed to be legit sponsors because of the content they are based on should have to publicly release their browser history lel


Pornography is not good for a relationship or your sex life, just like cheeseburgers are bad for your health. Even though, mounds of research show that, people have shockling little self control when it comes to these things. But I don't really care what you do because it doesn't affect, but if releasing my history is all it takes for you to be wrong, here ya go (ignorant arguments are fun):


*Nevermind, I just realized my email address was shown in my history.*

I guess the people that saw my history can feel free to email me.

Good god man. Obvious joke goes way over your head.

Also it's interesting that you equate cheeseburgers to porn, because McDonalds sponsors a shit ton of professional athletes and I don't hear any complaints from people about that lel


You just don't talk to me enough brah to hear those complaints.

And it didn't go over my head man, I just took it a step further. Jokes are more funny, when they are true. Make it true. Now where is your history? I wanna see if you like shemales.


Yeah tbh we should have a long conversation about how ridiculous it is that every two years we have to watch Olympians (who certainly never consume McDonalds) stand in front of a camera and tell kids that Micky D's is the best and it'll make you a world class athlete.

I'm embarrassed to show my history because I've been on a bunch of LoL sites recently.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 18:27:41
February 18 2016 18:22 GMT
#122
Well we know who has the bigger E-penis now. I did hear that e-Sex makes your E-penis flaccid. Step aside.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
February 18 2016 18:26 GMT
#123
I concede
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 18:37:11
February 18 2016 18:27 GMT
#124
But I do like what you said about McDonald's. It is kinda like how abused and mentally broken women get into porn and talk about how much they love to have sex, and then "retire" long before their body is incapable of having sex (why would you retire from what you love if you can still do it?) and claim everything is fine.

There is a good book on this subject: http://www.amazon.com/Make-Love-Like-Porn-Star/dp/0060539100

And all the time the vast majority of people making porn, are actually rich men who can't have a healthy relationship and basically want to institutionalize rape to have sex with women in some legal fashion, and hide behind "free speech" and the fact they think they are making "art."

And we want those people to sponsor E-Sport! Yeah!
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 21:23:46
February 18 2016 18:59 GMT
#125
On February 19 2016 02:45 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2016 02:32 Darkhorse wrote:
I think anyone who complains that porn companies shouldn't be allowed to be legit sponsors because of the content they are based on should have to publicly release their browser history lel


Pornography is not good for a relationship or your sex life, just like cheeseburgers are bad for your health. Even though, mounds of research show that, people have shockling little self control when it comes to these things. But I don't really care what you do because it doesn't affect, but if releasing my history is all it takes for you to be wrong, here ya go (ignorant arguments are fun):


*Nevermind, I just realized my email address was shown in my history.*

I guess the people that saw my history can feel free to email me.

My relationship and sex life is fine, and I watch porn. I eat cheeseburgers (I had one today for lunch from Harveys) and I am reasonably healthy (I could stand to lose a couple pounds though).

Porn and cheeseburgers are not bad for you, unless all you watch is porn and all you eat is cheeseburgers.

You seem to assume those that watch porn are so addicted to it that their relationships are totally ruined. I am married, and my wife knows I watch porn. I don't hide it from her. But I don't need porn to get turned on, nor would I ever turn down sex with my wife over porn.

Porn is not good for a relationship or sex life if porn is the only thing that turns you on. There are people in that situation, but please don't assume that everyone that watches porn is the same.

Essentially, anything in excess is unhealthy for you, whether that is fast food, porn, beer, or drugs. Sure there are many that lack self control, but don't blame that on pornography. That is the individual's fault.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 20:52:33
February 18 2016 20:52 GMT
#126
Is it strange that I am fine with porn companies sponsoring esports but I am not fine with gambling companies especially online gambling companies?
dr3am_b3ing
Profile Joined May 2015
Canada188 Posts
February 18 2016 21:15 GMT
#127
The fucking god streamer of SC2 finally getting recongnized again. So stoked

EVERYONE PLEASE FOLLOW MY STREAM CHANNEL AND SOMETIMES DONATION AND SUBSCRIBAH PLEASH
Potassium Gang
pr1de
Profile Joined January 2016
38 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 21:54:42
February 18 2016 21:52 GMT
#128
On February 18 2016 23:06 brickrd wrote:
you know, the reason a lot of people disagree with porn isn't that they're morally uncomfortable with "consenting adults having sex for money," it's because the porn business is largely fueled by women who don't want to be doing it and need the money. so that's a pretty legitimate reason to be uncomfortable with the sponsorship

not saying they should be banned from having a team or anything (that would be ridiculous), but it's not a stretch to find it kind of disgusting lol


Are you for real?
I mean you can think different then everybody else, but back it up. Also your opinion makes me laugh so hard that i had to write it down and post it. Espesially this:-- " it's because the porn business is largely fueled by women who don't want to be doing it and need the money. so that's a pretty legitimate reason to be uncomfortable with the sponsorship--

Haha Lmao so hard.

You must be very deep into that buisness if you think of it in that direction. I bet you that not alot of people think like you do )

*Edit Something on topic. Great for Dragon, he isnt a serious player, so its cool to see different sponsers that dont expect players to win tourneys, and or play for real and their best.
NyxNax
Profile Joined March 2014
United States227 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 21:55:25
February 18 2016 21:54 GMT
#129
On February 17 2016 05:23 OtherWorld wrote:
hmm I don't exactly get what's the point of sponsoring a team if you can't use your logo or even something very close to your logo (à la non-tobacco liveried Ferrari F1), but nice to see them step into SC2 I guess
though this roster is not enough to have a YP vs dP showmatch


I think its actually incredibly brilliant. 90%+ knows what YP is, but for anyone that doesnt, what will they do? If they're at a tournament they will turn to the person next to them "what does YP stand for", if they're online they will post on a forum like a couple people have in this thread already. Essentially every tournament they go to, every online tournament they play, people will learn about them and talk about them. This is a way for them to globally market their site to the coming generations of customers.
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
February 18 2016 23:09 GMT
#130
On February 19 2016 06:54 NyxNax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 05:23 OtherWorld wrote:
hmm I don't exactly get what's the point of sponsoring a team if you can't use your logo or even something very close to your logo (à la non-tobacco liveried Ferrari F1), but nice to see them step into SC2 I guess
though this roster is not enough to have a YP vs dP showmatch


I think its actually incredibly brilliant. 90%+ knows what YP is, but for anyone that doesnt, what will they do? If they're at a tournament they will turn to the person next to them "what does YP stand for", if they're online they will post on a forum like a couple people have in this thread already. Essentially every tournament they go to, every online tournament they play, people will learn about them and talk about them. This is a way for them to globally market their site to the coming generations of customers.


Yeah i had never heard of Youporn before and wouldn't have a clue what YP team was, but now i know. So it's working!
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
February 18 2016 23:42 GMT
#131
Sponsoring works!
dearyuna
Profile Joined December 2011
United States322 Posts
February 19 2016 04:33 GMT
#132
Hey y'all, I havent posted here in ages.

Had a chat with Dragon via FB:
1. To confirm once and for all, he said yes, YP is part of the site that everyones thinking about even if its not mentioned explicitly anywhere. Apparently they do CSGO & Dota sponsorships too?

2. Yes, Dragons trying to go at least Code A in Korea. He said he doesnt think there'll be any issues with being sponsored by team YP and competing professionally. He used soccer (football for you european folks) as an example of how theres a team sponsored by another similar site. If there are any specific conflicts of interest Dragon seems to be missing, let me know and I can relay the message to him.
@dearyuna Team SCV Life <3
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
February 19 2016 14:30 GMT
#133
On February 19 2016 13:33 dearyuna wrote:
Hey y'all, I havent posted here in ages.

Had a chat with Dragon via FB:
1. To confirm once and for all, he said yes, YP is part of the site that everyones thinking about even if its not mentioned explicitly anywhere. Apparently they do CSGO & Dota sponsorships too?

2. Yes, Dragons trying to go at least Code A in Korea. He said he doesnt think there'll be any issues with being sponsored by team YP and competing professionally. He used soccer (football for you european folks) as an example of how theres a team sponsored by another similar site. If there are any specific conflicts of interest Dragon seems to be missing, let me know and I can relay the message to him.

We already know YP

On their site they made an announcement they would be sponsoring esports teams, but no mention of any SC2 specifics. I am quite happy they are venturing into other platforms, and eagerly await more news from them.

Interesting that GSL is letting him participate. I know that Blizzard states no tournament should be affiliated with anything related to beer, cigarettes, drugs (legal or otherwise), and mature content. No mention in their rule books about individual players being sponsored by said restrictions.

I hope he is allowed to play. Please tell him I enjoyed his stream on several occasions, and I hope he can turn competitive and make a deep run.
mikumegurine
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada3145 Posts
February 19 2016 16:52 GMT
#134
btw in the past, a few fighting game tournament streams ,

have not allowed the team tag "YP" to be shown on stream

so basically it just showed the name of the player

(YP has 2 or so fighting game players on the team, YP Filipino man and YP Valmaster)

reasons were something like the main sponsors of the tournament did not want to be associated with what the YP tag represented
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
February 19 2016 17:01 GMT
#135
On February 20 2016 01:52 mikumegurine wrote:
btw in the past, a few fighting game tournament streams ,

have not allowed the team tag "YP" to be shown on stream

so basically it just showed the name of the player

(YP has 2 or so fighting game players on the team, YP Filipino man and YP Valmaster)

reasons were something like the main sponsors of the tournament did not want to be associated with what the YP tag represented

That is what I think GSL will do with Dragon.

I don't think YP really cares though. It seems they will still get the exposure.

I wonder though how Twitch will react to Dragon's sponsor.
BjoernK
Profile Joined April 2012
194 Posts
February 19 2016 17:19 GMT
#136
A match made in heaven.
zealotstim
Profile Joined February 2015
United States455 Posts
February 20 2016 18:15 GMT
#137
I'll do my part to save esports by using team yp's fine product.
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 171
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 482
hero 454
BeSt 252
Mind 33
Terrorterran 20
Bale 18
ZergMaN 11
Noble 11
yabsab 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1081
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g9207
ArmadaUGS48
Livibee40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick491
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2252
League of Legends
• Rush1398
• Stunt417
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 56m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.