• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:30
CEST 09:30
KST 16:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12490 users

Dragon joins Team YP! - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
February 16 2016 21:14 GMT
#21
On February 17 2016 05:47 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 05:45 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
Although most of us know YP refers to the adult site, but if you go to their website there is no mention of the official 'sponsor'.

As OtherWorld mentioned, I don't understand the reason behind sponsoring a team if you can't explicitly name yourself. I guess if the audience already knows it, then no need to be explicit, but you will still run into the audience that will scratch their heads (although who doesn't know of the most popular adult site ever).

As far as I know, maybe on his stream Dragon can mention the his sponsor's full name, but during any official competition he isn't allowed to mention it.

edit: Congrats Dragon on your sponsor! I will be the first here to admit it, but I visit your sponsors website very often, so kudos to them.


They are trying to be funny about it, so it's an interesting approach. I hope it works out for them and this investment will be worth it.

http://www.teamyp.com/censorship-in-esports/#post-top

I don't doubt the funniness of such a sponsor, I just doubt the viability of their investment. Most likely scenario is probably that YouPorn's owner is passionate about eSports though, so who cares about the viability.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
February 16 2016 21:16 GMT
#22
On February 17 2016 06:14 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 05:47 Musicus wrote:
On February 17 2016 05:45 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
Although most of us know YP refers to the adult site, but if you go to their website there is no mention of the official 'sponsor'.

As OtherWorld mentioned, I don't understand the reason behind sponsoring a team if you can't explicitly name yourself. I guess if the audience already knows it, then no need to be explicit, but you will still run into the audience that will scratch their heads (although who doesn't know of the most popular adult site ever).

As far as I know, maybe on his stream Dragon can mention the his sponsor's full name, but during any official competition he isn't allowed to mention it.

edit: Congrats Dragon on your sponsor! I will be the first here to admit it, but I visit your sponsors website very often, so kudos to them.


They are trying to be funny about it, so it's an interesting approach. I hope it works out for them and this investment will be worth it.

http://www.teamyp.com/censorship-in-esports/#post-top

I don't doubt the funniness of such a sponsor, I just doubt the viability of their investment. Most likely scenario is probably that YouPorn's owner is passionate about eSports though, so who cares about the viability.


I imagine ONE of the teams they have are allowed to talk about their sponsors. Like does nintendo honestly know that a melee player is sponsored by YP? I agree with you that its probably just passionate owners with money to spend but I also imagine at least one of their teams are allowed to talk about it.
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
February 16 2016 21:20 GMT
#23
On February 17 2016 06:14 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 05:47 Musicus wrote:
On February 17 2016 05:45 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
Although most of us know YP refers to the adult site, but if you go to their website there is no mention of the official 'sponsor'.

As OtherWorld mentioned, I don't understand the reason behind sponsoring a team if you can't explicitly name yourself. I guess if the audience already knows it, then no need to be explicit, but you will still run into the audience that will scratch their heads (although who doesn't know of the most popular adult site ever).

As far as I know, maybe on his stream Dragon can mention the his sponsor's full name, but during any official competition he isn't allowed to mention it.

edit: Congrats Dragon on your sponsor! I will be the first here to admit it, but I visit your sponsors website very often, so kudos to them.


They are trying to be funny about it, so it's an interesting approach. I hope it works out for them and this investment will be worth it.

http://www.teamyp.com/censorship-in-esports/#post-top

I don't doubt the funniness of such a sponsor, I just doubt the viability of their investment. Most likely scenario is probably that YouPorn's owner is passionate about eSports though, so who cares about the viability.

I don't think there's a lot of "viable" investments right now in SC2. You're going to lose money before you even think about making profit. It's all about the #PASSION
TL+ Member
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
February 16 2016 21:24 GMT
#24
The team logo font is identical to YouPorn's logo, so there is some visibility. I don't know how viable is this investment, but many adult gamers probably already recognize YouPorn as the sponsor without being explicit about it. Only one person on this thread was not aware.

With all the adult sites out there, the competition must be stiff. Anything that puts more awareness on YouPorn, subtle or explicit, would be a good thing IMO.

Now mind you, I visit only 2 porno sites, YP and BYL, and on YP they stated they would sponsor esports teams, so this comes as no surprise. I guess to support YP I am going to subscribe for a month. Too bad we can't put in a code like G2A or Amazon that gives Dragon a small percentage of my subscription.
Grizvok
Profile Joined August 2014
United States711 Posts
February 16 2016 21:30 GMT
#25
On February 17 2016 06:24 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
The team logo font is identical to YouPorn's logo, so there is some visibility. I don't know how viable is this investment, but many adult gamers probably already recognize YouPorn as the sponsor without being explicit about it. Only one person on this thread was not aware.

With all the adult sites out there, the competition must be stiff. Anything that puts more awareness on YouPorn, subtle or explicit, would be a good thing IMO.

Now mind you, I visit only 2 porno sites, YP and BYL, and on YP they stated they would sponsor esports teams, so this comes as no surprise. I guess to support YP I am going to subscribe for a month. Too bad we can't put in a code like G2A or Amazon that gives Dragon a small percentage of my subscription.


Was the usage of stiff on purpose?
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
February 16 2016 21:32 GMT
#26
On February 17 2016 06:30 Grizvok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 06:24 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
The team logo font is identical to YouPorn's logo, so there is some visibility. I don't know how viable is this investment, but many adult gamers probably already recognize YouPorn as the sponsor without being explicit about it. Only one person on this thread was not aware.

With all the adult sites out there, the competition must be stiff. Anything that puts more awareness on YouPorn, subtle or explicit, would be a good thing IMO.

Now mind you, I visit only 2 porno sites, YP and BYL, and on YP they stated they would sponsor esports teams, so this comes as no surprise. I guess to support YP I am going to subscribe for a month. Too bad we can't put in a code like G2A or Amazon that gives Dragon a small percentage of my subscription.


Was the usage of stiff on purpose?

Puns are better used when you have to ask that question
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-16 22:18:31
February 16 2016 22:00 GMT
#27
I mean, considering he used accounts such as [Sixty9] Gayload and [NotGay] Dragon in the past, I guess it's a fitting sponsor.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
February 16 2016 22:13 GMT
#28
Man I quit watching porn around a year ago
But this is kind of a cool move by them :D
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
argonautdice
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada2722 Posts
February 16 2016 22:31 GMT
#29
On February 17 2016 07:13 LemOn wrote:
Man I quit watching porn around a year ago
But this is kind of a cool move by them :D

So what do you watch now?
very illegal and very uncool
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
February 16 2016 22:35 GMT
#30
On February 17 2016 07:31 argonautdice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 07:13 LemOn wrote:
Man I quit watching porn around a year ago
But this is kind of a cool move by them :D

So what do you watch now?

Starcraft 24 hours a day
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
ThorPool
Profile Joined February 2014
Panama145 Posts
February 16 2016 22:42 GMT
#31
Dragon back Pro gamer !
An awesome move by YP. I hope the support lets him practice enough to be back on a Pro level.
RuFF! Let the cheese rain !
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
February 16 2016 22:52 GMT
#32
On February 17 2016 06:14 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 05:47 Musicus wrote:
On February 17 2016 05:45 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
Although most of us know YP refers to the adult site, but if you go to their website there is no mention of the official 'sponsor'.

As OtherWorld mentioned, I don't understand the reason behind sponsoring a team if you can't explicitly name yourself. I guess if the audience already knows it, then no need to be explicit, but you will still run into the audience that will scratch their heads (although who doesn't know of the most popular adult site ever).

As far as I know, maybe on his stream Dragon can mention the his sponsor's full name, but during any official competition he isn't allowed to mention it.

edit: Congrats Dragon on your sponsor! I will be the first here to admit it, but I visit your sponsors website very often, so kudos to them.


They are trying to be funny about it, so it's an interesting approach. I hope it works out for them and this investment will be worth it.

http://www.teamyp.com/censorship-in-esports/#post-top

I don't doubt the funniness of such a sponsor, I just doubt the viability of their investment. Most likely scenario is probably that YouPorn's owner is passionate about eSports though, so who cares about the viability.

Isn't the gaming viewerbase their target audience in terms of age? So support eSports by ... ... checking out YP products?
I mean their shirts and mugs, obviously.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
February 16 2016 22:53 GMT
#33
On February 17 2016 06:24 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
The team logo font is identical to YouPorn's logo, so there is some visibility. I don't know how viable is this investment, but many adult gamers probably already recognize YouPorn as the sponsor without being explicit about it. Only one person on this thread was not aware.

With all the adult sites out there, the competition must be stiff. Anything that puts more awareness on YouPorn, subtle or explicit, would be a good thing IMO.

Now mind you, I visit only 2 porno sites, YP and BYL, and on YP they stated they would sponsor esports teams, so this comes as no surprise. I guess to support YP I am going to subscribe for a month. Too bad we can't put in a code like G2A or Amazon that gives Dragon a small percentage of my subscription.


I wasn't aware either, despite having had dealings with YouPorn in the past. I wonder how many people will recognize it. The demographics for gamers and porn afficionados can't be too dissimilar so maybe it makes business sense.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-16 22:57:34
February 16 2016 22:56 GMT
#34
On February 17 2016 07:31 argonautdice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2016 07:13 LemOn wrote:
Man I quit watching porn around a year ago
But this is kind of a cool move by them :D

So what do you watch now?

nothing dirty, fapping to porn is just super bad for ya
so I quit.

But it'll be fun when the youporn dragon will stick it to other players like Scarlett etc
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
KimJongIlJr
Profile Joined August 2011
Korea (North)61 Posts
February 16 2016 23:44 GMT
#35
Hmmm this is like the 85th team dragon has been on. This won't last long.
This space for rent
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
February 16 2016 23:44 GMT
#36
Why isn't this on community news? Usually new teams show up there.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
RoninKenshin
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada97 Posts
February 16 2016 23:50 GMT
#37
So many people are talking about the viability of this investment for yp... why?

1) The amount of money is less than a drop in a bucket. It's less than a drop in a bucket for their advertising budget. This is absolutely nothing to them. Even if they paid Dragon $100k USD, which I'm sure they didn't, it wouldn't phase them in the slightest.
2) Even if they can't use their name or logos, almost everyone clearly knows who they are, and the conversation has already started. It's a smart move to ensure a continued prescence. If someone doesn't know like earlier in the thread, they'll ask and it will be answered quickly.

I'm not a supporter of this move for a moral/ethical reason (though not completely against it either), but they definitely have no problems on the business side of this sponsorship.
I'm with e-sports
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
February 17 2016 00:23 GMT
#38
i guess they traded bizz for dragon
can i get my estro logo back pls
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
February 17 2016 00:43 GMT
#39
On February 17 2016 08:44 Weavel wrote:
Why isn't this on community news? Usually new teams show up there.

We're discussing that now. But it's not looking too good.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
February 17 2016 00:49 GMT
#40
On February 17 2016 06:24 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
The team logo font is identical to YouPorn's logo, so there is some visibility. I don't know how viable is this investment, but many adult gamers probably already recognize YouPorn as the sponsor without being explicit about it. Only one person on this thread was not aware.

With all the adult sites out there, the competition must be stiff. Anything that puts more awareness on YouPorn, subtle or explicit, would be a good thing IMO.

Now mind you, I visit only 2 porno sites, YP and BYL, and on YP they stated they would sponsor esports teams, so this comes as no surprise. I guess to support YP I am going to subscribe for a month. Too bad we can't put in a code like G2A or Amazon that gives Dragon a small percentage of my subscription.


Hey, I wan't aware and I know you porn.... but I get the point. Still, if it is recognized by only those who know about it, how would you expect to sell your brand.... you have to make some profit
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 688
soO 550
Hyuk 408
BeSt 331
Mind 36
Shinee 31
Bale 23
ZergMaN 11
yabsab 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever933
XaKoH 541
XcaliburYe130
League of Legends
JimRising 545
Other Games
summit1g9587
olofmeister606
ceh9473
Livibee153
Mew2King104
Happy72
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH351
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2297
League of Legends
• Rush1527
• Stunt454
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 30m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 30m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.